Author Topic: Machida Vs Jones(Full Fight).  (Read 16387 times)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Re: Machida Vs Jones(Full Fight).
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 01:38:33 PM »
Well he did knock him down for a moment before he choked him out. It was about 30 seconds before the clinch where he chokes him out.

If you watch that brief exchange your talking about can see Machida throw the straight left and Jones counters with a left I believe, clocking him right on the button. Lyoto had to get right into Jones' striking range while fully extending his punch while Jon didnt even have to extend his arm have of what Machida did. Jones just knowing his opponents cant hit him unless they endanger themselves is a worth alot on its own. Fucking reach advantage is insane.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 03:40:03 PM »
  I was very disappointed with Ryu in this fight. He should have Hadouked Jones' ass right after he lended that straight jab to Jones's nose in the first round...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 09:35:39 AM »
If you watch that brief exchange your talking about can see Machida throw the straight left and Jones counters with a left I believe, clocking him right on the button. Lyoto had to get right into Jones' striking range while fully extending his punch while Jon didnt even have to extend his arm have of what Machida did. Jones just knowing his opponents cant hit him unless they endanger themselves is a worth alot on its own. Fucking reach advantage is insane.

Yep...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 11:08:31 AM »
Suckmymuscle =  Bill Anvil

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 11:54:20 AM »
Suckmymuscle =  Bill Anvil

why because we occasionally have the same opinions on the sport? 2 people agreeing on something.. one of them must be a gimmick lol. thats an excellent way of thinking  ::)

you and your bosom buddy mindless agree on virtually everything it seems so need I go on  ???

and please, call me william

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2011, 11:55:27 AM »
To me Jones is a difficult fight: he is fast, agile and can take a punch. Having said this, it's always pissed me off how noone has EVER taken advantage of what everyone keeps thinking is his best weapon: his long limbs. The UFC is dangerously becoming more like boxing.

If anyone, fighter or trainer, watches old MMA fights they'd notice that Jones' arms and legs are a TRUE MMA fighter's wet dream. All you have to do is take out his legs and/or arms. Then you work the torso. Pretty soon he is out of his element, loses concentration and... boom, kick to the head and lights out. Knocked the fuck out. Don't aim at his frigging head because he is faster than you!

I've always wandered why these UFC fighters never work people's arms and legs like they do in other MMA divisions.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2011, 12:05:34 PM »
  Another retard who can't read. I said he did nothing in the striking department. Holy fuck, you guys are dumb!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Wow, have you been hit in the head too many times?  You said he did nothing striking,(read again there special ed)  and he knocked Machida down with a strike?  Its okay special ed, keep trying to act smart, I bet you roll around naked with your lifesize cutout of Jones guessing his true body fat content!   ???

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »
So suckmuscle is special head now?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 12:11:20 PM »
Wow, have you been hit in the head too many times?  You said he did nothing striking,(read again there special ed)  and he knocked Machida down with a strike?  Its okay special ed, keep trying to act smart, I bet you roll around naked with your lifesize cutout of Jones guessing his true body fat content!   ???

Ready to get owned again? Jones grabbed Machida to lend that elbow punch. That is not "striking". Sorry that you are too dumb to understand that lending a strike when you are holding your opponent and he can't evade it and striking, which involves foot and head movement and timing for your strikes to be precise when your opponent is free to evade them, are two different things. Dumbass.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »

;D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 12:12:04 PM »

I will show you my special head if you want to...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2011, 12:15:06 PM »
 Ready to get owned again? Jones grabbed Machida to lend that elbow punch. That is not "striking". Sorry that you are too dumb to understand that lending a strike when you are holding your opponent and he can't evade it and striking, which involves foot and head movement and timing for your strikes to be precise when your opponent is free to evade them, are too different things. Dumbass.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

It's okay special ed, I don't pick on the mentally challenged and you will be no exception.  Move along now and staighten up your plastic helmet, it has moved down over eyes affecting your vision!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »
It's okay special ed, I don't pick on the mentally challenged and you will be no exception.  Move along now and staighten up your plastic helmet, it has moved down over eyes affecting your vision!

Translation:

"I just realized how retarded my argument was and that I got owned epically, so I will just pretend like nothing happened and bow out of the thread." 

I accept your admission of defeat. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2011, 12:44:41 PM »
why because we occasionally have the same opinions on the sport? 2 people agreeing on something.. one of them must be a gimmick lol. thats an excellent way of thinking  ::)

you and your bosom buddy mindless agree on virtually everything it seems so need I go on  ???

and please, call me william

Ok Sucky.   ::)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2011, 03:46:49 PM »
  Let's put this in perspective...

Jon Jones striking was exposed as mediocre. He is still far superior to everyone else in explosiveness, athleticism, strength and wrestling. But his striking...

Here is a man with an 84" reach who couldn't do anything against a much smaller man with a much shorter reach. He couldn't tag Machida at all in the first round, and Machida clipped him several times, including a time that almost rocked Jones. Sure, Jones managed to clip Machida once in the second round, then use his wrestling to take him down and ground-and-pound him with his elbows which essentially ended the fight. But Machida's striking was overall superior.

This is not surprising since Machida and Anderson Silva are the two best technical strikers in MMA. Not necessarily in terms of power, but in terms of technique. By this, I mean that their foot work, head movement and striking timing are outstanding and far superior to everyone else's. They both have over 90% striking accuracy and almost never get hit.

Jon Jones was the best overall fighter and won the fight. But his striking is not at the ultra-elite level of Machida and Anderson.

Jones is a physical specimen and can only be defeated by the best heavyweights. His height, reach, takedowns and devastating ground-and-pound are too much for anyone at 205 lbs to beat him. I don't think there is anyone at the light-heavyweight division who can beat him. Phil Davis and Rashad will get crushed. Hendo could lend the H-bomb and win, but he will probably never get witin reach of Jones to do that.

Despite the loss, I believe Machida remains the only guy at the 205 lbs division who could beat Jones. Machida's superb technical striking carried him through to the second round, and IMO this was the only time Jones lost a round in his career. Jones still won because he is that superior at everything else, but for the first time ever we saw him get outmatched at something and struggle.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »
  Jones destroyed Lyoto

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2011, 06:13:37 AM »
  Jones destroyed Lyoto

Yeah, BUT Lyoto wasn't fighting a TRUE LHW!!

Look at Jones' reach!  84 inches!!!   And he's really tall!!!  Oh, and he's pretty muscular.  AND, he could put on a bunch of fat at fight HW.

;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2011, 06:25:35 AM »
I remember watching the fight and thinking "wow, this is the first fighter that I've seen that is actually faster than Jones".

Machida is faster than all get out

I think if Vitor Belfort went back up to 205; he could potentially hurt jones

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2011, 07:27:03 AM »
I remember watching the fight and thinking "wow, this is the first fighter that I've seen that is actually faster than Jones".

Machida is faster than all get out

I think if Vitor Belfort went back up to 205; he could potentially hurt jones
You're nuts.. Did you see what an old Silva did to him..?  A young injury free Jones would rape him.. Jones knew exactly what he was doing.. He was patient. He figured his opponents timing. Then he crushed him.People who fight know,sometimes you have to take one to give one. Fans that know nothing, think Machida was winning because he got in a few shots..? . I wanted Machida to do better,and he tried his best.. But Jones is superior in every way..

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2011, 07:36:48 AM »
You're nuts.. Did you see what an old Silva did to him..?  A young injury free Jones would rape him.. Jones knew exactly what he was doing.. He was patient. He figured his opponents timing. Then he crushed him.People who fight know,sometimes you have to take one to give one. Fans that know nothing, think Machida was winning because he got in a few shots..? . I wanted Machida to do better,and he tried his best.. But Jones is superior in every way..

i didnt say belfort would beat jones.... But a fast puncher like belfort could potentially hurt him

PS: i saw the belfort/silvia fight several times... Yes a unorthodox kick caught belfort... all credit to silvia... But belfort was the faster athlete in that fight

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2011, 07:43:48 AM »
i didnt say belfort would beat jones.... But a fast puncher like belfort could potentially hurt him

PS: i saw the belfort/silvia fight several times... Yes a unorthodox kick caught belfort... all credit to silvia... But belfort was the faster athlete in that fight
All of you guys with your speed,speed ,speed..?  Truth is the slower striker(according to you) knocked out the faster striker.? It's all skill,figuring out your opponent,instead of throwing punches that miss their mark,because your fist fist gets there,before the target isn't going to get you a win. Patience,and timing,that's what slow poke Jones does.. Works every time.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2011, 07:54:11 AM »
All of you guys with your speed,speed ,speed..?  Truth is the slower striker(according to you) knocked out the faster striker.? It's all skill,figuring out your opponent,instead of throwing punches that miss their mark,because your fist fist gets there,before the target isn't going to get you a win. Patience,and timing,that's what slow poke Jones does.. Works every time.

x2 with Big Perm, I mean Big Worm!   ;D

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2011, 07:55:55 AM »
x2 with Big Perm, I mean Big Worm!   ;D
Hey,hey..!? >:(

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »

all Im saying is that belfort's hands are faster. Bas ruten said belforts hands were faster!

Yes... Silva was the better kicker

i get the vibe you are angry when you type your responses.

ps: Im a jones fan (as i said on page 1 of this thread)

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2011, 07:59:02 AM »
all Im saying is that belfort's hands are faster. Bas ruten said belforts hands were faster!

Yes... Silva was the better kicker

i get the vibe you are angry when you type your responses.

ps: Im a jones fan (as i said on page 1 of this thread)
LOL.. I'm not angry at all..  I like you,just trying to make a point..