Author Topic: God who?  (Read 4449 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
God who?
« on: December 24, 2011, 07:52:17 AM »
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-12-year-old-puzzle-superstring-theory-supercomputer.html

A 40-year-old puzzle of superstring theory solved by supercomputer
December 23, 2011
A group of three researchers from KEK, Shizuoka University and Osaka University has for the first time revealed the way our universe was born with 3 spatial dimensions from 10-dimensional superstring theory in which spacetime has 9 spatial directions and 1 temporal direction. This result was obtained by numerical simulation on a supercomputer.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
Re: God who?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 07:53:12 AM »
God Damnit

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:16:16 AM »
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-12-year-old-puzzle-superstring-theory-supercomputer.html

A 40-year-old puzzle of superstring theory solved by supercomputer
December 23, 2011
A group of three researchers from KEK, Shizuoka University and Osaka University has for the first time revealed the way our universe was born with 3 spatial dimensions from 10-dimensional superstring theory in which spacetime has 9 spatial directions and 1 temporal direction. This result was obtained by numerical simulation on a supercomputer.

As Cartman once said... "Science be praised!"

As I have so often heard from a friend that is Christian... "No one really knows until they die and the dead aren't talking."

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 08:17:30 AM »
Lol @ a computer simulation.
I think that it may give clearer insight into what happened at the begining of the universe as we know it, but it hasnt "solved" how it began.

Its a computer simulation. Its still bound by what we as humans know. And we still cant comprehend such things.
(This post has nothing to do with god or religion btw)

OlDirTy

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 08:18:40 AM »
God Michet

greeneyes

• Getbig IV
  • TeaM beautiful éyés FéLLa whén he eatiNg
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 08:19:55 AM »
I wish someday i'll understand string theory , I have to wait 5years atleast
physic is very exciting , seriously

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 08:20:02 AM »
 8) Randell Tex Cobb could take it never went down could it be him? Don King there for the cash and a haircut.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 12:55:54 PM »
Lol @ a computer simulation.
I think that it may give clearer insight into what happened at the begining of the universe as we know it, but it hasnt "solved" how it began.

Its a computer simulation. Its still bound by what we as humans know. And we still cant comprehend such things.
(This post has nothing to do with god or religion btw)

your statement while logical consistent seems to suffer from something called self-defeating argumentation. Since you hinted at there are things we cant know or do not know thus making this simulation unaccurate is contradictory in nature because you cannot say anything about these unknowns because you are a human and thus are bound by what humans know. What you are stating is pure conjecture based on faulty logic and poopy axioms unfit for my eyes take away this mental midget who proclaims there are things we cannot know because we are human yet he knows this whilst being a human, the same species he is talking about.

Fail do not pass go suck my anus.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 02:52:19 PM »
your right necrosis. we cant know.

and we still dont.

3 thousand years ago we couldnt explain anything. today, we still cant.

caveman= what causes wind? -> we dont know, but possibly God

modern day scientist= what causes wind? ->earth rotation -> gravity -> we dont know, but possibly God

caveman= where did everything come from -> we dont know, but possibly God

modern day scientist= where did everything come from -> big bang -> we dont know, but possibly god

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 03:25:37 PM »
your right necrosis. we cant know.

and we still dont.

3 thousand years ago we couldnt explain anything. today, we still cant.

caveman= what causes wind? -> we dont know, but possibly God

modern day scientist= what causes wind? ->earth rotation -> gravity -> we dont know, but possibly God

caveman= where did everything come from -> we dont know, but possibly God

modern day scientist= where did everything come from -> big bang -> we dont know, but possibly god

are you suggesting we are no closer to truth then a caveman?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »
are you suggesting we are no closer to truth then a caveman?
  maybe further away from it ;)  :)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 12:16:32 PM »
  maybe further away from it ;)  :)

i mean if you are suggesting ultimate meaning if one even exists, that an unfounded assumption in itself, then that is demonstrably false. We know that gods dont control the weather, that everything we have ever encountered requires no god.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 05:30:46 PM »
  Why argue with "tbombz"? He "bombed" at school and "bombed" at life, so everything he writes smells like a dirty bomb.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 05:34:49 PM »
  May I remember everyone of this thread, where "tbombz" was destroyed and annihilated by yours truly, and all he could do in response was to manipulate semantics, use logical fallacies to make the debate circular and come up with straw man arguments misrepresenting my statements?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=398910.0

SUCKMYMUSCLE

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 07:30:18 PM »
 May I remember everyone of this thread, where "tbombz" was destroyed and annihilated by yours truly, and all he could do in response was to manipulate semantics, use logical fallacies to make the debate circular and come up with straw man arguments misrepresenting my statements?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=398910.0

SUCKMYMUSCLE
what kind of asshole links to a 13 page thread without pointing to specific posts?  ???

Anyway, interesting thread. They essentially solved a math problem lol.  tdongz is referring to 'god of the gaps' which I see as a real cop-out. The problem with this approach is that as you uncover more knowledge and explanations for phenomena you have to adjust your arguments.

And here's a thread where I demolish the little bitch 'Necrosis' piece by piece:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=69359.0
follow the arrows

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 10:00:17 PM »
i mean if you are suggesting ultimate meaning if one even exists, that an unfounded assumption in itself, then that is demonstrably false. We know that gods dont control the weather, that everything we have ever encountered requires no god.

there may be no cause for anything

but if there is a cause it lies behind that "?" that we will never be able to get past

the more we put in between us and that question mark, the farther we are away from the cause (truth), if such a thing exists

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 08:12:38 AM »
what kind of asshole links to a 13 page thread without pointing to specific posts?  ???

Anyway, interesting thread. They essentially solved a math problem lol.  tdongz is referring to 'god of the gaps' which I see as a real cop-out. The problem with this approach is that as you uncover more knowledge and explanations for phenomena you have to adjust your arguments.

And here's a thread where I demolish the little bitch 'Necrosis' piece by piece:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=69359.0

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that link LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahah

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 02:50:16 PM »

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that link LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahah
Im glad you were able to find the appropriatte posts  8)
follow the arrows

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 07:36:53 AM »

;D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 10:09:40 AM »

Hey dumbass, it's all posts. I have something like 10 exchanges with "tbombz" in that thread and the whole thread is interesting. Why should I point to specific posts? Read the whole thing, you illiterate towel head son of a bitch.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 12:18:09 PM »
  Hey dumbass, it's all posts. I have something like 10 exchanges with "tbombz" in that thread and the whole thread is interesting. Why should I point to specific posts? Read the whole thing, you illiterate towel head son of a bitch.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
LMAO calm down dude  ;D

Happy new year to you  ;)
follow the arrows

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 09:42:41 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE
you cant prove "god" doesnt exist, and you sure as hell cant give a complete explanation for reality without a referance to "God", albeit such a referance would be an assumption,..  there may not be an explanation for existence however...  but the atheist position, asserting no God exists, is as unproven as the assertion that God does exist.  heres the rub.. only one of the two possibilties offers a logical solution to the reason for existence.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 07:23:23 AM »
you cant prove "god" doesnt exist, and you sure as hell cant give a complete explanation for reality without a referance to "God", albeit such a referance would be an assumption,..  there may not be an explanation for existence however...  but the atheist position, asserting no God exists, is as unproven as the assertion that God does exist.  heres the rub.. only one of the two possibilties offers a logical solution to the reason for existence.

atheism makes no assertion just like aunicornists do not make any assertions, my position is i simply do not have a belief because there is no evidence to prove god exists just like i dont believe in unicorns.

you are making all these wild claims that frankly most intelligent people dismiss out of hand. Such as, you have to reference god to explain reality? really? so you think the best explanation for something is to use something we cant know or comment on to explain this other thing? it makes absolutely no sense, its in fact nonsense. You are suggesting using a more complex solution to a problem, if you reference god you then have more to explain then existence, you have a more complex problem. From your logic something complex requires a god to explain it (the universe in your example) yet you seem to exclude the most complex thing from this logic, ie god.

the fact that you think there are only two possibilities for existence is mind boggling. Its clearly false, so obviously false though, its so beyond wrong that a even someone as retarded as haidar could see it. so we have god, matter ie energy always existed, We are part of a multiverse, we are a computer program, we really dont exists etc etc etc etc.

god is a failed hypothesis get on board.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »
no, there really are only two possibilities.

think about it.

either, A) the universe, all of its potentialities, has always existed, will always exist, its cause and origin being completely unexplainable

or, B) "God" created it. "God" being a term for a supernatural creator of the universe. a diety that is as incomprehensible and  as unexplainable as an uncaused universe, no more and no less. but in this situation it is not the universe that is unexplainable, its the diety that created it.

no other options. 

Basically, God is the idea that there is indeed an explanation for the universe. Even though its something we can never understand ourselves, there is indeed some logic behind it. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »
no, there really are only two possibilities.

think about it.

either, A) the universe, all of its potentialities, has always existed, will always exist, its cause and origin being completely unexplainable

or, B) "God" created it. "God" being a term for a supernatural creator of the universe. a diety that is as incomprehensible and  as unexplainable as an uncaused universe, no more and no less. but in this situation it is not the universe that is unexplainable, its the diety that created it.

no other options. 

Basically, God is the idea that there is indeed an explanation for the universe. Even though its something we can never understand ourselves, there is indeed some logic behind it. 

you seriously cant see the flaw in your logic here? those are the only two options?