Author Topic: What made you fall for bodybuilding?  (Read 12721 times)

Karpaasi

• Getbig III
Re: What made you fall for bodybuilding?
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2011, 05:57:13 AM »
I started to train a week after 9/11 at the age of sixteen. At the start motivation was simply to gain some strength. Back in those days we had kazaa(you guys remember?) and there you could find pumping iron and many other training videos. It was cool to see arnie train but my mind was totally blown away when I saw Ronnie's "unbelievable" so goal turned out to be to gain muscle.

Being such a huge fan I remember that one time I could basically remember all the Olympia results from like 1990. I always watched Olympia tapes or training videos when I was eating.  

Ronnie held the flag alone many years but when he faded there was no one left. It was sad to see the sport die :(

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2011, 06:05:40 AM »
Never picked up a weight until I was 20...worked out in the confines of an unused hangar bay with rusty weights on the ship I was stationed on.  The guy that really inspired me to pick up the weights on a full time basis was none other than Craig Titus, lol.  Used to see him in the Flex mags I'd buy religiously every month and just really liked his look.
What the "no chest, big gut" look? Titus was a mediocre bber---he had good tris, and legs, and that's it...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2011, 06:09:32 AM »
I agree. I loved Dorian, then I saw Flex and was a Flex guy...Looking back, I respect Dorian alot more but an inshape Flex is ideal.
Dorian was unreal, like from planet Mutoid. But, Flex looked---like Michaelangelo drew him---plus he looked like he could actually walk and jump, and not waddle around.

hmontaq

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2011, 06:32:21 AM »
I was in the Air Force... My ex-wife was a powerlifter. I would go to keep an eye on her more than anything. Her trainer said you have a decent back and legs. I told him I raced BMX since I was 14. Every week they both would try to talk me into getting serious and doing a show. Getting on a stage in a speedo oiled up was the last thing I wanted to do. But she liked it and eventualy talked me into it. I won my first small show and went on to do 2 shows a year for the next 8 years always in the top 5.

I stuck with natural shows because roids was not my thing. NGA, ANB, and Musclemania qualifiers.

2000 I did the WNSO Worlds in Canada and placed 2nd. 1st was a pro card with Musclemania.

I havent done a show since and now 45.

Still in the gym strong but more into maintaining after watching Vince Taylor years ago. He has done it right.
Getbig =Reality Show

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2011, 06:35:01 AM »
Never been in love with bbing. Just in love with weight lifting.  ;)

This!
 Back in the 70's-80's the pro's did something I think many could appreciate. Today's pro's are just blobs with definition for the most part, imnsho.
I could care less about about the competitive freak show, except for the "train wreck" factor. Today its just about lifting the weight and seeing what I can accomplish with it

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2011, 06:41:57 AM »
I actually got into training by accident as a friend of mine begged me to go with him to the gym as he was too nervous to go on his own. I had no interest in going at all...after realizing that I was stronger than 99 percent of the people in that particular gym in and around my age range (it was only a shitty campus gym), I found an interest.

MikMaq

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2011, 06:49:15 AM »
Was watching terminator 3 and became facinated how an old fuck could be in such great shape. Than a year later watch terminator 1, and realized at 18  I could become a big fuck as an adult. I simply wanted to be big and creepy in a trench coat, I had no interest in bbing at that time. Than in college my room mate talked about ronnie coleman and shit non stop so after my first year I started reading this board and the rest is history.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2011, 07:04:10 AM »
Was watching terminator 3 and became facinated how an old fuck could be in such great shape. Than a year later watch terminator 1, and realized at 18  I could become a big fuck as an adult. I simply wanted to be big and creepy in a trench coat, I had no interest in bbing at that time. Than in college my room mate talked about ronnie coleman and shit non stop so after my first year I started reading this board and the rest is history.

Roommate whispered Ronnie's name while you were sucking his dick, didn't he?

Outed...polesmoker.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2011, 07:08:51 AM »
my dad trained and to me he was the biggest person i knew when i was a kid lol,he had old muscle mags from 70's when arnold did the old cheesy ads and franco,he had the mro editions from zanes run and thats whose build i liked,of course arnolds chest and arms were inspirational.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2011, 08:18:32 AM »
For track and football, and it seemed like school, you got out what you put in.

JZMB

• Getbig II
  • Team NaSSer EL soBaNtý FëLla
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2011, 08:32:19 AM »
I started as every mofocker - trying to be in shape, get some pussy blablabla..

but then one friend of mine tell me about a "Mr.Olympia", strongest guys or any shit like that.. When I saw a picture of Jay Cutler I said "WTF!!".. I don't wanna look like that.. it looks pretty much like a fridge.. but with time training hard, eating all clean day n night.. I just was excited to grow and see my body changing.. and then I saw I wanted to look like bodybuild, big as fuck, ripped..

And then 2nd phase starts - supplements, training systems, all the bullshit lollol! all that stuff I tried and with almost unsignificant improvements.. still looking like completly shit

And finally - 3rd phase- gh15!! mofo who opened my eyes about REAL bodybuildign - DRUGS - and then I took some for several weeks.. but today when I look at what the fuck it takes.. I see I don't wanna pay for.. so just be little more than in shape, some size on and get some pussy, live the life.. it's about that to me today.

Swlabr

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2011, 08:36:09 AM »
Roommate whispered Ronnie's name while you were sucking his dick, didn't he?

Outed...polesmoker.

his...nickname...on..her e...is...DikSaq...for... a...reason...;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2011, 08:37:51 AM »
I started as every mofocker - trying to be in shape, get some pussy blablabla..

but then one friend of mine tell me about a "Mr.Olympia", strongest guys or any shit like that.. When I saw a picture of Jay Cutler I said "WTF!!".. I don't wanna look like that.. it looks pretty much like a fridge.. but with time training hard, eating all clean day n night.. I just was excited to grow and see my body changing.. and then I saw I wanted to look like bodybuild, big as fuck, ripped..

And then 2nd phase starts - supplements, training systems, all the bullshit lollol! all that stuff I tried and with almost unsignificant improvements.. still looking like completly shit

And finally - 3rd phase- gh15!! mofo who opened my eyes about REAL bodybuildign - DRUGS - and then I took some for several weeks.. but today when I look at what the fuck it takes.. I see I don't wanna pay for.. so just be little more than in shape, some size on and get some pussy, live the life.. it's about that to me today.
you started off a lil shaky but summed it up ok in the end.

Stavios

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2011, 08:39:05 AM »
when i was 14 a girl at school laugh at my arms cause her's were bigger than mine haha, I got home and asked my mom to subscribe me to the gym right away

after a year or so there was a 19 years old fella at the gym who was prepping for his first show and he looked awesome so after seeing him compete I decided I would too, do a show.

so at 17 I did my first show, won my class and I was hooked

then at 24, I really don't give a shit about competing and local shows in general. I still watch pro shows but I am not as interested with it as I was before

now I just want to be big, ripped and strong without competing in a thong

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2011, 08:44:11 AM »
when i was 14 a girl at school laugh at my arms cause her's were bigger than mine haha, I got home and asked my mom to subscribe me to the gym right away

after a year or so there was a 19 years old fella at the gym who was prepping for his first show and he looked awesome so after seeing him compete I decided I would too, do a show.

so at 17 I did my first show, won my class and I was hooked

then at 24, I really don't give a shit about competing and local shows in general. I still watch pro shows but I am not as interested with it as I was before

now I just want to be big, ripped and strong without competing in a thong
u could do all that and wear a thong in your bedroom,,,

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »
action movies for me.. all the classics

armchairifbbjudge

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2011, 09:24:18 AM »

It all started for me with Hulkamania.

eat your vitamins say your prayers

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2011, 09:29:49 AM »
lifting weights started first wanted to be big like Jose Canseco ( oakland A's) but then a friend showed me a copy of Pumping Iron his girlfriends dad had, and seeing Arnold (before that i only knew him as the actor) train for the Olympia got me hook and made me wanna train my complete body and not just bench press and ez bar curl all day

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2011, 09:37:19 AM »
Started training for football in 82 and haven't stopped.

bigsquatter

• Getbig I
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2011, 09:38:12 AM »
I started in 1981 to get stronger for speed skating, I ended up training at Pacifico's muscle world and the rest is history. I ended up with a world record squat as a teen and won the nationals in 1996. Now it's all bodybuilding for me.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2011, 09:39:09 AM »
I started in 1981 to get stronger for speed skating, I ended up training at Pacifico's muscle world and the rest is history. I ended up with a world record squat as a teen and won the nationals in 1996. Now it's all bodybuilding for me.

Impressive.  :)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2011, 09:41:55 AM »

lol

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:58 AM »
is that los angeles (canadian) fox 11 news Jillian Barberie ??? ???

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2011, 10:05:42 AM »
is that los angeles (canadian) fox 11 news Jillian Barberie ??? ???

Sure looks like her.