Author Topic: What is "passive aggressive"  (Read 5948 times)

MikMaq

Re: What is "passive aggressive"
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »
oh for fucks sake!! you clowns have me ready to punch a hole in my screen, who gives a shit about the "picking", its a goddamn saying. ::)
;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2012, 07:46:23 PM »
When you pluck a string you pull on it, and release like a sling shot, if you strike a string it'll just make a sound like a piano's, the keys on a piano are weighted so that each strike is relatively even, it's dam near impossible to get an even sound out a  guitar like that.

how do you play a chord ?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2012, 07:52:42 PM »
oh for fucks sake!! you clowns have me ready to punch a hole in my screen, who gives a shit about the "picking", its a goddamn saying. ::)

Ya gotta love it when the hate is so strong, these guys will ignore the laws of physics before they concede i made  point...LOLOL

Me..."the sun rises in the east and sets in the west"

haters..."No it doesn't, you're a narcissist"  ::) ::)  :D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2012, 07:53:58 PM »
thats because physical violence has been banned, so people focus on developing psychological, verbal/oral aggressivity. They surdevelop that capacity as the  use of the other capacity, is forbidden nowadays. Basically people become more and more perverse psychologically, and are encouraged to do so, when in the past strenght was used to put someone -wether it s another man, a kid, a woman- in its place.

The use of force has been labeled as being nazi, racist, bad, as men have been labeled as nazis everytime they use force to make a point. Fact is, it is sometimes necessary. Constant use of force is dumb, constant use of care is also dumb, the balance lies in between.
 All of this is again a direct result of the disapearing of religion that led to the disapearing of the father, and the implosion of the family and ultimately the implosion of society itself. The Bible tells us when to use strenght and when to use tenderness to adapt and survive at the benefit of the group.

Benevolent use of force by someone who has faith and takes the interest of the group at heart is necessary. Without it everything collapses and people become and more perverse and malvolent.

Disapearing, or abandonning of religion has led to a more, abnormally feminized society, and it is no wonder immigrants and especially sneaky muslims from the third world are having a blast turning our own neutering laws against us.

We removed fathers from our societies, and as result everything that is related to it disapeared with it; hierarchy, authority -the figure of authority AUTHORIZES...just a reminder- respect.
force necessary ??

ok...  on a biblical note.. since thats where you get your religion from..

then why did Jesus allow himself to be crucified? Wouldnt he have been able to do more good on earth if he lived forever, as he obviously couldve done being the son of god, preaching and doing miracles for thousands of years? or better yet, why doesnt God himself strike down any evil doers the second they threaten society or another person in any way?  

:)

force is not justified nor is it necessary

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »
thats because physical violence has been banned, so people focus on developing psychological, verbal/oral aggressivity. They surdevelop that capacity as the  use of the other capacity, is forbidden nowadays. Basically people become more and more perverse psychologically, and are encouraged to do so, when in the past strenght was used to put someone -wether it s another man, a kid, a woman- in its place.

The use of force has been labeled as being nazi, racist, bad, as men have been labeled as nazis everytime they use force to make a point. Fact is, it is sometimes necessary. Constant use of force is dumb, constant use of care is also dumb, the balance lies in between.
 All of this is again a direct result of the disapearing of religion that led to the disapearing of the father, and the implosion of the family and ultimately the implosion of society itself. The Bible tells us when to use strenght and when to use tenderness to adapt and survive at the benefit of the group.

Benevolent use of force by someone who has faith and takes the interest of the group at heart is necessary. Without it everything collapses and people become and more perverse and malvolent.

Disapearing, or abandonning of religion has led to a more, abnormally feminized society, and it is no wonder immigrants and especially sneaky muslims from the third world are having a blast turning our own neutering laws against us.

We removed fathers from our societies, and as result everything that is related to it disapeared with it; hierarchy, authority -the figure of authority AUTHORIZES...just a reminder- respect.
i cant believe im going to say this but i actually agree with you on everything except the religious part, physical force is sometimes needed as a tool for the reasons you mentioned.

MikMaq

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2012, 07:59:46 PM »
Ya gotta love it when the hate is so strong, these guys will ignore the laws of physics before they concede i made  point...LOLOL

Me..."the sun rises in the east and sets in the west"

haters..."No it doesn't, you're a narcissist"  ::) ::)  :D
This is what it sounds like when you hit guitar strings.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2012, 08:05:09 PM »
This is what it sounds like when you hit guitar strings.

what...you play a song ? sounded like music to me, different notes and chords, all that good shit.

Now the style he was playing  ;)was very choppy and rhythmic...but I'm sure you can play something quite melodic using the same technique . or is there a law in music have you have to hit the strings like that all the time?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
i cant believe im going to say this but i actually agree with you on everything except the religious part, physical force is sometimes needed as a tool for the reasons you mentioned.

Kinda ironic that the one guy who more people want to punch in the face is the one talking about how force is needed to put some people in their place

MikMaq

« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
what...you play a song ? sounded like music to me, different notes and chords, all that good shit.

Now the style he was playing  ;)was very choppy and rhythmic...but I'm sure you can play something quite melodic using the same technique . or is there a law in music have you have to hit the strings like that all the time?
This is an obscure technique, can't think of any major bands that use this style as a regular bit except maybe a few rhcp songs, it in general sounds like complete dogshit unless you know what your doing, 99 percent of the time you pluck even during that vid he was doing alot of switch ups between strumming and slapping.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2012, 10:28:14 PM »
be that as it may...you do have to strike the string in some way for it to make music, yes?

Yes, once again not too hard not too light - just right - then you have stamina to play for a long time, if you play difficult rhythm pieces with hard and fast  up and down strokes it is hard to play all night - best to adopt a technique that allows enough force to make pleasant sounds, but not so hard that you lose your stamina - just like fucking - plus our digits don't have much stamina naturally - so they need to be trained to reach performance level
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2012, 10:33:22 PM »

Now the style he was playing  ;)was very choppy and rhythmic...but I'm sure you can play something quite melodic using the same technique . or is there a law in music have you have to hit the strings like that all the time?

This is what this "wanna be" is trying to do
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Enjoy - Andy is my Guitar Hero -  and I am guitarist - highly recommended
V

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2012, 02:19:03 AM »
"Passive agressiveness" doesnt exist, it's not a personality, a caracther, trait, a behavior, it's at best a strategy of survival we re all meant one day or another to use in our existence to face difficult relationships with someone else who for some reasons has a problem with us.

It does exist. Personality can be defined as pervasive behavior patterns across different situations and there are some people that systematically revert to passive aggressive strategies, thus making it a personality trait.

NN

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2012, 02:20:29 AM »
People who are too pussy to talk shit to others, so they come to GetBig and talk shit here instead.

This ^

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2012, 02:22:09 AM »
People that are too pussy to say what they mean because they are afraid of confrontation. So they are aggressive by using sarcasm.

The best way to combat this is to confront them. Most people dont like  confrontation...I happen to like it and call people out...they dont like it.  Passive aggressiveness is for betas.

Not quite right. A true passive aggressive person can be sarcastic, but would not admit it. If it was admitted, it would by definition not be "passive" agression.

The passive aggressive person will give you the silent treatment, conveniently "forget" appointments with you, not do agreed upon tasks, get "sick" when confronted with demands etc, never admitting hostility.

NN

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2012, 04:06:19 AM »
About 90% of Facebook young people are Passive Aggressive
Fixed

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2012, 06:29:40 AM »
maybe sometimes "passive aggressive" is simply what Person A calls Person B, when Person B seriously wants nothing to do with Person A.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2012, 06:35:24 AM »
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I been saying that shit for years. And if you heard it, that meant your ass. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded shit to say to a #### before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this morning made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. 9 millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness.

Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.
Bad motherf*cker. 

Marshdogg

• Getbig II
  • You look like a bag of smashed anuses. Backsmash!
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2012, 06:42:52 AM »
force necessary ??

ok...  on a biblical note.. since thats where you get your religion from..

then why did Jesus allow himself to be crucified? Wouldnt he have been able to do more good on earth if he lived forever, as he obviously couldve done being the son of god, preaching and doing miracles for thousands of years? or better yet, why doesnt God himself strike down any evil doers the second they threaten society or another person in any way?  

:)

force is not justified nor is it necessary

If I snatched your pink thong down Santa Monica Boulevard, you'd probably chase me like the fairy you are, trying to sink your freshly glued fake nails into my face. Fuck off TBombz - Read something other than Gay Jizzbomb Monthly and figure the fucking reasons out yourself.

MikMaq

« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2012, 06:56:56 AM »
Not quite right. A true passive aggressive person can be sarcastic, but would not admit it. If it was admitted, it would by definition not be "passive" agression.

The passive aggressive person will give you the silent treatment, conveniently "forget" appointments with you, not do agreed upon tasks, get "sick" when confronted with demands etc, never admitting hostility.

NN
Agreed sarcasm is used by assertitive people just as often. Hiding your hostility isn't PA, it's when you hide your true feelings and expose your hostility at inappropiate times.

I.E. This is how all chicks work if  they don't like a guy because he's black, they'll starting talking about how creepy he is, when in reality they just racist as fuck. At some point they will rat him out to a group of peers, and ignore the actual issue.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2012, 08:18:34 AM »
Agreed sarcasm is used by assertitive people just as often. Hiding your hostility isn't PA, it's when you hide your true feelings and expose your hostility at inappropiate times. I.E. This is how all chicks work if  they don't like a guy because he's black, they'll starting talking about how creepy he is, when in reality they just racist as fuck. At some point they will rat him out to a group of peers, and ignore the actual issue.

Yup. I know im passive aggressive, but its from body dysmorphia/avoidant personality and im pretty sure Borderline Personality causes passive aggressiveness too.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2012, 08:29:09 AM »
About 90% of Facebook is Passive Aggressive

About 90% of life is passive aggressive.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2012, 09:49:30 AM »
passive aggressive and Irony are the two most misused terms on Getbig...probably life in general

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »
About 90% of life is passive aggressive.
Almost 100% of Pro bbers are passive-aggresive.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »
passive aggressive and Irony are the two most misused terms on Getbig...probably life in general

Yes irony is often used instead of coincidence.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »
Yes irony is often used instead of coincidence.

and hypocrisy, people always confuse Irony with it