Author Topic: broken radius  (Read 6652 times)

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
broken radius
« on: January 02, 2012, 03:39:01 AM »
Last week while skateboarding with my kids I took a very bad spill and broke my left radius bone.  It took surgery with a plate and six screws to repair.  Follow up visit with stitches removed will bee the end of this week.  I'm going Crazy since I can't lift at all right now.  Doctor says that I won't be able to lift with my left arm involved at all for three to four months.  Anyone ever break this bone?  Is three to four months sound about right?  Is there anything that I can do up speed up the recovery?  Will I always need to worry about a weakness with that bone?

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
Re: broken radius
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:37 PM »

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 04:30:02 AM »
New cast on yesterday that allows me to bend my elbow in one plane.  Got the stitches out, and looks like I'll only have a five inch scar there.  This one will be on for a month with another forearm only cast for a month after that.  Physical therapy will follow that.  Damn this is going to be a long time with no left arm involvement! 

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 02:29:41 AM »
Went in for a follow up thinking that I would get a short cast.  Doc said healing looked good enough to not need one.  I got to leave there with a removable splint!  I also was cleared to start light exercises as well!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 10:59:05 AM »
Get well soon!
The screws look a little bit big - maybe they used leftovers from an elephant doc?