Author Topic: Republican Strategist: Iowa GOP Will Not Allow Paul To Win  (Read 2074 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Republican Strategist: Iowa GOP Will Not Allow Paul To Win
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 09:01:54 PM »
LOL @ BB flipping out again.  Is there a word to describe people like him?  neoconbot or some shit? lol... 

It looks like it was Bolton who said the world would not leave us alone not Paul saying the world would leave us alone.  It's the whole issolationist argument about Paul which isn't true whatsoever.

Big fucking deal, Paul wants war to be declaired by congress and for there to be a real threat to America.  Oh the inhumanity of it, he'll get us all killed thinking like that, we're doomed if Paul wins ::)

Nail meet hammer.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 09:02:40 PM »
this Frank Luntz guy seems really honest and reliable.  no bias at all. 

turns out people like Mitt because you can look him in the eye and you know where he's coming from.  not like ron paul.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 11:59:19 PM »
lol.  Go away. 

Take your own advice you muffin munching munchkin.  You are one of the dullest individuals I've had the displeasure of ever coming across.  Your gems of wisdom would make a slab of concrete commit suicide.

You were just outright owned and all you have to say is "lol. Go away." 

A perfect summation to the feelings of everyone on this board about your wretched existence.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 05:11:10 PM »
You exaggerate.
Yes he believes we should keep to ourselves. Yes in an ideal world he would not have us with bases all over the world. No, he has not said he is going to fold up all the tents and bring everyone home from across the planet.  ::)

At 3:00 discussion starts about closing bases on foreign soil and he said he want to close "all of them."

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 05:19:50 PM »
That part is true and he's said that often.  but he's never made any promise that the world will leave us alone if we just leave them alone.  that's not what he's suggesting.  He does suggest we create enemies where they didn't have to exist in the first place.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »
At 3:00 discussion starts about closing bases on foreign soil and he said he want to close "all of them."

That's true but he also said that it wouldn't happen overnight. Troops would be brought in from places where they are least needed and draw them in accordingly.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 05:27:37 PM »

That's true but he also said that it wouldn't happen overnight. Troops would be brought in from places where they are least needed and draw them in accordingly.

That doesn't make it any better.  Completely unrealistic and dangerous to think we should close all of our bases around the world. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »
That doesn't make it any better.  Completely unrealistic and dangerous to think we should close all of our bases around the world. 

I think it is completely unrealistic to keep all those bases open with the US economy in its current state.  Only Ron Paul has a clue about what steps to take in order to repair the US economy, and only he has the balls to do what it takes to fix it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »
I think it is completely unrealistic to keep all those bases open with the US economy in its current state.  Only Ron Paul has a clue about what steps to take in order to repair the US economy, and only he has the balls to do what it takes to fix it. 

I doubt the overseas bases are the reason why our country is broke.  Domestic spending and mismanagement are the primary problems. 

And keep in mind he wants to close "all" of them, not just some. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 11:10:09 AM »
I doubt the overseas bases are the reason why our country is broke.  Domestic spending and mismanagement are the primary problems. 

Everything is out of control.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 11:13:57 AM »

Government spending is definitely out of control.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 11:20:49 AM »
Government spending is definitely out of control.

And the only candidate left with a plan to change that is Ron Paul.  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2012, 11:23:43 AM »
And the only candidate left with a plan to change that is Ron Paul.  ;D

Well they're all giving lip service to cutting spending, but Ron Paul would definitely try and do something about it.  Fiscal discipline is his strength. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2012, 11:59:48 AM »

>:(

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2012, 12:55:02 PM »

No, I don't mean that overseas bases are the reason the country is broke.  I mean that because the country is broke, it is unrealistic to keep them open. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »
No, I don't mean that overseas bases are the reason the country is broke.  I mean that because the country is broke, it is unrealistic to keep them open. 

Understood.  We can't just look at the financial angle when it comes to defense spending.  Safety, security, allies, etc. all have to be taken into consideration. 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2012, 02:49:32 PM »
Over the past ten years, our overseas adventurism has added over $1 trillion to the national debt. If it weren't for these wars, then our debt never would have been downgraded. These wars have come at an enormous cost and for what gain? Absolutely nothing.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 07:52:34 AM »
No, I don't mean that overseas bases are the reason the country is broke.  I mean that because the country is broke, it is unrealistic to keep them open.  

"I don't agree with Ron Paul on foreign policy and his disengagement around the world, but we're going to end up where he is because we don't have any money," DeMint told The Daily Caller. "So the Republican Party needs to become the big tent of Americans who really want freedom, prosperity, opportunity and that's just synonymous with a more limited government."
- Sen. Jim DeMint

Jim DeMint is the junior United States Senator from South Carolina, serving since 2005. He is a member of the Republican Party and a leading member in the Tea Party movement.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/13/opinion/welch-paul-libertarianism/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9