Author Topic: I've benzo clean for 4 days - after 9 years of usage  (Read 23682 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: I've benzo clean for 4 days.
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2012, 04:59:21 AM »
I agree 100% and I am all for medication if it helps you live a functional happy life.  People who say that mental illness doesn't exist are just ignorant and stupid. 
Or their names are Tom Cruise or Uberkunt !!  ;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2012, 05:24:42 AM »
Or their names are Tom Cruise or Uberkunt !!  ;D
Yes, most likely.  Tom Cruise is a dumb fuck who needs to get with the real world.  He is a great actor but this scientology bullshit is dangerous.

drejster

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2012, 05:59:16 AM »
Hi, well done.

I was addicted to Zoplicon for about 5 Years. I took up tu 8 times of the prescribed doses and spent quiet alot of money for that shit.
Without them I had no chance of falling asleep in the night and trembled like a leaf in the wind. I had all the side effects like amnesia.
I sometimes woke up and wondered what went on the previous night, cause I had forgotten everything from the point when I took the pills.

I spent 3 shitty month coming of the pills and literally went through hell and barely ever slept an hour at a time. Now I am clean since about 3 Years and I will never ever touch any sleeping pill ever again, cause I still am afraid to get addicted again.

If I ruin my body, then only with nice performance enhancing muscle building drugs  ;)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2012, 10:09:43 AM »
I have to respectfully disagree with you on that statement to the extreme.
I work with these drugs for a living.
where did you get your medical degree from?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2012, 10:29:45 AM »
mental illnesses dont exist. There are just people who ve been loved enough, and others who werent. "Illnesses" develop because of sins. Both physical and mental ones.
All you need to build faith is someone who has it and will share it with you. As these "angels", messengers of God are very rare nowadays, you can directly consult God by reading the Bible and start conversing with him everyday until you start purifying yourself.
 He left it for us, His creatures, so we can live happy lives accomplishing his mission and using our body and soul in this endeavour, which will give a meaning to our lives when others who worship themselves, material goods, sex and money as their gods will lose the will to live.

We are preparing the kingdom of God on earth.

Ah, I see....you don't masturbate. This explains much...

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2012, 10:45:03 AM »
where did you get your medical degree from?

From Your mom
Team Schering Oss NL

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
From Your mom
exactly what i thought, so do you care to explain why your uneducated ass knows more than an MD?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2012, 10:53:19 AM »
^^^you on xanax?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2012, 10:55:02 AM »
^^^you on xanax?
no but i know people who are and they use it correctly and it has helped them tremendously.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2012, 10:57:25 AM »
I have to respectfully disagree with you on that statement to the extreme.
I work with these drugs for a living.
You sell crack too, Spirelli ?

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2012, 11:01:52 AM »
no but i know people who are and they use it correctly and it has helped them tremendously.

I can't disagree that zanax helps a lot of people but there's also a ton of people that end up having problems with benzos. Just cause doctors prescribe certain meds doesn't mean that they are 100% side effect free.  Not only drug fiends have had negative consequences from them.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2012, 11:05:42 AM »
I can't disagree that zanax helps a lot of people but there's also a ton of people that end up having problems with benzos. Just cause doctors prescribe certain meds doesn't mean that they are 100% side effect free.  Not only drug fiends have had negative consequences from them.
hate to break it to you but EVERY medicine has side effects, blood pressure meds, cholesterol lowering meds, arthritis meds, etc., but these can be minimized by taking the CORRECT dose ESPECIALLY the benzodiazpans and the opiate based pain killers, these are POWERFUL drugs and will chew you up and spit you out in no time if abused.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »
hate to break it to you but EVERY medicine has side effects, blood pressure meds, cholesterol lowering meds, arthritis meds, etc., but these can be minimized by taking the CORRECT dose ESPECIALLY the benzodiazpans and the opiate based pain killers, these are POWERFUL drugs and will chew you up and spit you out in no time if abused.

Agree but for some reason you fail to see that withdrawal symptoms can and do happen even at therapeutic doses.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2012, 11:10:58 AM »
Agree but for some reason you fail to see that withdrawal symptoms can and do happen even at therapeutic doses.

im not disagreeing with you there but like i said when theyre taken on a NEED basis and dropped after that the side effects and withdrawal can be minimized to almost nothing, if youre having side effects from one particualr medication the patient and doctor should work together to find one that doesnt give you problems.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2012, 11:20:46 AM »
your body builds absolutely no "tolerance" to Xanax when its taken as prescribed, your friend was a drug addict and he swallowed as many pills as he could get, .05 to 1mg. a day will hurt NO ONE, its when the weak scumbag drug addict take 20mg. and drink alcohol on top of it, thats when the problems arise.

not true at all, tolerance is a phenomenon of addiction, it is the downregulation of receptors for which the drug targets. Tolerance is the main issue with benzos and their anxiolysis, people have to keep upping the dose. However, at the dosages you mentioned serious issues like seizure and death are non-existent.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »
mental illnesses dont exist. There are just people who ve been loved enough, and others who werent. "Illnesses" develop because of sins. Both physical and mental ones.
All you need to build faith is someone who has it and will share it with you. As these "angels", messengers of God are very rare nowadays, you can directly consult God by reading the Bible and start conversing with him everyday until you start purifying yourself.
 He left it for us, His creatures, so we can live happy lives accomplishing his mission and using our body and soul in this endeavour, which will give a meaning to our lives when others who worship themselves, material goods, sex and money as their gods will lose the will to live.

We are preparing the kingdom of God on earth.
Mental illness do exist. Just because you yourself dont have a mental illness or dont know anyone who does, doesnt mean mental illness' arent real. I truly believe that Religion causes mental illness. Makes you forever have the mental development of a child. Religion is mindpoisoning/brain washing garbage, especially catholicism.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2012, 11:23:56 AM »
im not disagreeing with you there but like i said when theyre taken on a NEED basis and dropped after that the side effects and withdrawal can be minimized to almost nothing, if youre having side effects from one particualr medication the patient and doctor should work together to find one that doesnt give you problems.

Yeah, I mean these drugs weren't created for junkies..lol. Every drug treatment should be under the supervision of an md cause people aren't well educated as to what and how to take as seen from quickerblade's neighbour. There's a reason why you don't take over a certain amount and had a doc been prescribing him a large quantity he would no longer have his medical license...

Most people don't know that certain meds can cause withdrawals but your md does(if theres any competence at all on their part) and he or she will likely switch you from a short acting drug to one with a long half life. From effexor to fluoxetine for example. But most likely I think a psychiatrist would know more cause I've heard of some idiot stories from people's general practitioners.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »

as needed ie 2-3 times per week and yes no problems will occur. That however does depend on the benzodiazepine, something like clonazepam or diazepam due to the long half life would induce addiction.

You are missing the distinction between psychological addiction and dependence. Dependence can occur without the latter and it will happen no matter what if you take these drugs for prolonged periods, no doubt about it.

it was determined that time not dose regulates addiction to benzos. no matter the dosage it is the length of time you have been taking them which determines the withdrawal. There is only so much downregulation that can occur. The difference between 5 mg of lorazepam for a year and 10mgs will be negligible except for the taper protocol.

to anyone suggesting cold turkey you are giving out bad advice. Perhaps you should read about PAWS and how shitty it is. I have it or had it.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2012, 11:26:33 AM »
Medications such as BENZOS/Anti-anxiety medications are ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEVERE ANXIETY FROM AN " ANXIETY DISORDER " or from other Mental illness'/disorders.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2012, 11:30:10 AM »
Anxiety disorders are not treated with benzodiazepines, but with Cognitive behavourial therapy, sometimes in combination with an SSRI or a TCA. A new upcoming field is Deep brain stimylation, especially when there's a compulsive aspect as well...

says Dr Dutch

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »
Anxiety disorders are not treated with benzodiazepines, but with Cognitive behavourial therapy, sometimes in combination with an SSRI or a TCA. A new upcoming field is Deep brain stimylation, especially when there's a compulsive aspect as well...

says Dr Dutch
True. I myself take an SSRI AND a TCA/SARI (TRAZODONE)- WORKS EXTREMELY WELL FOR ME. In a nutshell, the combinaton of MEDICATION AND EXPOSURE THERAPY (IF NEEDED) with the use of COGNITIVE BEHAVORIAL THERAPY. And yes, i read about DEEP BRAIN STIMULATION, then theres also ECT, light therapy for Seasonal affective disorder, and my opinion it should be used for EXTREME DEPRESSION (major depression) as well, which it might be already used for......Ill be starting light therapy sometime soon.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2012, 12:02:59 PM »
I was prescribed efexor xl and take them everyday at 150mg and they have changed my life for the better, id be in jail otherwise
That's something completely different from a benzo, sir...

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2012, 12:12:11 PM »
True. I myself take an SSRI AND a TCA/SARI (TRAZODONE)- WORKS EXTREMELY WELL FOR ME. In a nutshell, the combinaton of MEDICATION AND EXPOSURE THERAPY (IF NEEDED) with the use of COGNITIVE BEHAVORIAL THERAPY. And yes, i read about DEEP BRAIN STIMULATION, then theres also ECT, light therapy for Seasonal affective disorder, and my opinion it should be used for EXTREME DEPRESSION (major depression) as well, which it might be already used for......Ill be starting light therapy sometime soon.
In my opinion ECT should be used much more, and much sooner in many cases. The decrease of ECT use is directly related to the Cuckoo's nest film with Jack Nickolson in th 70s. I've seen people who were extremely depressed for years (and I mean just lying on the bed, suicide attempts and stuff, slowly dying..) literally be reborn after a dozen ECT session. Plus it's very safe, quite the contrary from what many people believe.

serious stuff by Dr Dutch

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »
deep brain stimulation, lolol, isn't this where they crack your skull open and insert electrodes?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2012, 12:16:25 PM »
deep brain stimulation, lolol, isn't this where they open your head up and insert electrodes?
Exactly.