Author Topic: The dutch seem like sissies to me  (Read 11045 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: The dutch seem like sissies to me
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 12:16:23 PM »
Yeah, the lads were tellin me at work that you'd nearly have to knock out a colleague to get fired here, they can't fire anyone. I guess that's good for a Paddy like myself who is hungover as phuck every Monday (but I still drag my arse in)
No details needed, but what line of work are you in ?

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 12:22:16 PM »
No details needed, but what line of work are you in ?

System Engineer in a high tech company and semi-professional alcoholic

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »
System Engineer in a high tech company
Guess that's cool, but I still don't know shit of course... ;D

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 12:25:40 PM »
Guess that's cool, but I still don't know shit of course... ;D

I left out the alcoholic part, that's important too

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 12:27:11 PM »
System Engineer in a high tech company and semi-professional alcoholic
Semi-professional!? Thought the Irish were Premiere leaguers all?  ;D

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 12:29:32 PM »
I know (professionally) that Dutch, Irish and Slovakian teenagers are the biggest drinkers in Europe...

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »
They make damn good chocolate and great watches though.
;D

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »

Haha, yeah man we are shocking drinkers...it's one of those stereotypes that's true. We truly cannot help ourselves

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »
Friend of mine had this experience with Moroccans....... :-\
In all seriousness I judge people by their actions, not their heritage or skin color. Yes I do admit there are relatively more problems with certain etnic groups, but I think you should still judge the people by their actions not their race/heritage. I have been beaten up by a group of moroccans, but a person I consider one of my closest friends is also moroccan.

Having said that, I think our society has become VERY harsh. People don't care about anything but themselves. I think one of the causes is the development in technology. This gives people the opportunity to shut things off they don't like. Just press the "X" in the upper right corner of your screen  :P. I think this causes the "wegwerpmentaliteit". As soon as you are fed up with something, you switch over to something you DO like.  :P This is probably one of the reasons why so many people divorce these days, working out problems and keeping going trough harsh times just doesn't fit their mentality. They just want to quit because that's the easiest fucking thing to do. Zap to a different channel.

Are these technological improvements, such as the internet for example, really improvements? They only over complicate life, and dont give any happiness in return. Happiness is imo spending time with other people and enjoying yourself, but in this generation: you log on to facebook and press a few buttons "I like" and post a comment or two. Sickening :P . And before you ask, yes I had several alcoholic beverages. /rant off

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2012, 12:45:06 PM »
Haha, yeah man we are shocking drinkers...it's one of those stereotypes that's true. We truly cannot help ourselves
When i was 18 or so I went on vacation with a mate to Ireland, from Dublin south, Limerick, Cork, Shannon..we met some Irish dudes and gals we hang out with for a week. I honestly never drank so much in my life....very good memories, as far as I can recall it..... 8) 8) 8)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2012, 12:46:30 PM »
Bunch of us here have the bright idea to go to Dublin for St. Paddy's Day into our heads. Sounds awesome, but I know they'll be fishing us out of the Liffey for days.   :-\        ;D  

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »
. And before you ask, yes I had several alcoholic beverages. /rant off
Me too, for that matter... ;D

And the problem is: we are all too rich...that's the thing. Everybody can afford a car, a mortgage, 2 or 3 vacations a year. That's too much, sir.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
I`m Irish American.........drank like a pig for too many years.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2012, 12:54:35 PM »
When i was 18 or so I went on vacation with a mate to Ireland, from Dublin south, Limerick, Cork, Shannon..we met some Irish dudes and gals we hang out with for a week. I honestly never drank so much in my life....very good memories, as far as I can recall it..... 8) 8) 8)

Shannon is 15 mins from my house driving, Limerick a bit further. Limerick is a good town for boozing

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »
Bunch of us here have the bright idea to go to Dublin for St. Paddy's Day into our heads. Sounds awesome, but I know they'll be fishing us out of the Liffey for days.   :-\        ;D  

I'm flying back for Paddys day. I'm going for that whole weekend, Paddy's is on a Saturday so Friday and Saturday will be heavy drinking days in Dublin's fair city. Can't fuckin wait!!!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2012, 12:58:41 PM »
I'm flying back for Paddys day. I'm going for that whole weekend, Paddy's is on a Saturday so Friday and Saturday will be heavy drinking days in Dublin's fair city. Can't fuckin wait!!!
Enjoy yourself, my man. I always liked the Irish, so I can live with us paying for your country's economical stupidity for now..... ;D

But just for a while... :-\

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2012, 01:00:08 PM »
Me too, for that matter... ;D

And the problem is: we are all too rich...that's the thing. Everybody can afford a car, a mortgage, 2 or 3 vacations a year. That's too much, sir.

Totally agreed. People seem to think this is "normal", no assholes, it's a fucking privilege.

People seem to think that they have to "consume" to be happy. Give your son a nintendo with some shooter game and he will shut up :P. By doing that he will keep himself busy and you can focus on your own stuff.

This is EXACTLY the way people get "vervreemd" (sorry te lui om dit te vertalen) of eachother. Back in the day people actually hung out with each other. WTF has happened. This is not a good development at all!

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2012, 01:01:17 PM »
Enjoy yourself, my man. I always liked the Irish, so I can live with us paying for your country's economical stupidity for now..... ;D

But just for a while... :-\

Yeah, the Germans have us by the balls as well. Cheers, brah.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2012, 01:03:05 PM »
Totally agreed. People seem to think this is "normal", no assholes, it's a fucking privilege.

People seem to think that they have to "consume" to be happy. Give your son a nintendo with some shooter game and he will shut up :P. By doing that he will keep himself busy and you can focus on your own stuff.

This is EXACTLY the way people get "vervreemd" (sorry te lui om dit te vertalen) of eachother. Back in the day people actually hung out with each other. WTF has happened. This is not a good development at all!
Alienated ?   (didn't google that up... ;))

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »
yes alienated sounds perfect.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2012, 01:24:52 PM »
They hate me 243... :'( :'( :'( :'(

Don't let the haters get in ya' bro !!

Because in the end.... haters gonna hate

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2012, 02:17:26 PM »
BTW DroppingPlates, thank you for helping me out tonight, you were logged in all the time.... ::)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2012, 02:43:18 PM »
BTW DroppingPlates, thank you for helping me out tonight, you were logged in all the time.... ::)

Guess you're not really a techie, so you prob never heard about session cookies while a browser instance is running  ::) So, while this Dutch rant was going on, I had a good leg / cardio workout (BTW, have you started with some good resolutions?)

To clarify things, I have nothing against your person, but when it comes to politics, you seem a pretty nationalist (or populist?) right-wing person. I won't say I disagree with any of your opinions, but I'm almost the opposite of you.

Hopelijk helpt dit, makker

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2012, 02:46:50 PM »
Yeah

I don't need a gimmick to do the MMA snob thing.

I'll do that under this handle
lol, you guys posting back to back doesn't help. Who cares anyways  ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »
In all seriousness I judge people by their actions, not their heritage or skin color. Yes I do admit there are relatively more problems with certain etnic groups, but I think you should still judge the people by their actions not their race/heritage. I have been beaten up by a group of moroccans, but a person I consider one of my closest friends is also moroccan.

Having said that, I think our society has become VERY harsh. People don't care about anything but themselves. I think one of the causes is the development in technology. This gives people the opportunity to shut things off they don't like. Just press the "X" in the upper right corner of your screen  :P. I think this causes the "wegwerpmentaliteit". As soon as you are fed up with something, you switch over to something you DO like.  :P This is probably one of the reasons why so many people divorce these days, working out problems and keeping going trough harsh times just doesn't fit their mentality. They just want to quit because that's the easiest fucking thing to do. Zap to a different channel.

Are these technological improvements, such as the internet for example, really improvements? They only over complicate life, and dont give any happiness in return. Happiness is imo spending time with other people and enjoying yourself, but in this generation: you log on to facebook and press a few buttons "I like" and post a comment or two. Sickening :P . And before you ask, yes I had several alcoholic beverages. /rant off

Good post!