Author Topic: Did you ever get a headache because of training?  (Read 1873 times)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Did you ever get a headache because of training?
« on: January 14, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
If I train with low reps this seems to happen but it's almost unnnoticeable. However, the last week I did DL with 2-3 reps and I was fine that night but the day after I got a headache that lasted the entire day. I think I didn't sleep well and I was under a little bit of stress but I think the training part was the main contributor for my headache.

Did you ever get a headache because of training?  ???

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
Re: Did you ever get a headache because of training?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 02:50:34 PM »
c

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 06:22:35 PM »
Yes, heavy deadlifts/squats/overhead presses sometimes give me headaches the next day.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 07:05:27 PM »
Yes, heavy deadlifts/squats/overhead presses sometimes give me headaches the next day.

Thanks for the reply. That's good to know (I guess). The thing is that I had surgery 5 years ago and I get worried if I get a headache.  :-\ Thanks to god I'm 100% fine but it kinda worries me anyway.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 07:47:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply. That's good to know (I guess). The thing is that I had surgery 5 years ago and I get worried if I get a headache.  :-\ Thanks to god I'm 100% fine but it kinda worries me anyway.
Neck surgery? I know a guy that got hit on his bike last year and still takes it really easy on squats, deads and overhead presses cause he had some shit fused together back there and he gets really bad headaches if he pushes himself just a little too hard.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 08:28:33 PM »
Neck surgery? I know a guy that got hit on his bike last year and still takes it really easy on squats, deads and overhead presses cause he had some shit fused together back there and he gets really bad headaches if he pushes himself just a little too hard.

Something like that, luckily I can train as I want, if I push myself too hard sometimes I get a headache but it's not that bad (except for the last week as I said), most of the times I'm fine the day after.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 03:33:20 AM »
did any of you ever suffer from a pulse in the back of your head?,,, this happend to me once or twice in my teens when realy going for it, used to pop up when ever your strained  for a good few weeks after

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 05:16:58 PM »
i used to on 20 rep squats but i started drinking way more water and it stopped.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 08:30:53 AM »
Wondering if Number One uses any supplements/sports drinks before, during or right after a extra hard workout? The onset can be delayed a few hours after taking. Even drinking too much water, during a heavy workout, can cause a headache for some people. As too much heavy breathing can cause a dizzy feeling & headaches, as well as blacking out for a few. You can become use to heavy or forced breaths as training advanced.

Sometimes a potential pinched/inflamed nerve becomes even more noticed under physical stress, giving headaches. Pain in the back of the neck, shoulders & traps can also be a common factor. Remembering that Dl's  give extra stress, because of the great pull on the shoulders, traps and neck, not to mention the lower back and the nerve channels within. Include squats, with a heavy bar on the traps/neck, which can greatly bothers some guy's. A deep massage, spinal/neck adjustment or acupressure  have helped many. Good luck.

F

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 07:06:57 AM »
Wondering if Number One uses any supplements/sports drinks before, during or right after a extra hard workout? The onset can be delayed a few hours after taking. Even drinking too much water, during a heavy workout, can cause a headache for some people. As too much heavy breathing can cause a dizzy feeling & headaches, as well as blacking out for a few. You can become use to heavy or forced breaths as training advanced.

Sometimes a potential pinched/inflamed nerve becomes even more noticed under physical stress, giving headaches. Pain in the back of the neck, shoulders & traps can also be a common factor. Remembering that Dl's  give extra stress, because of the great pull on the shoulders, traps and neck, not to mention the lower back and the nerve channels within. Include squats, with a heavy bar on the traps/neck, which can greatly bothers some guy's. A deep massage, spinal/neck adjustment or acupressure  have helped many. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, and no I don't take any supplements before, during or right after a workout.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »
Never got headaches from training with weights.  (like finish a set and ouch)  I have gotten headaches the next day.  I figured it was from not drinking enough water and you get dehydrated.  Try drinking lots more water.  See if  that helps.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 01:22:03 PM »
Never got headaches from training with weights.  (like finish a set and ouch)  I have gotten headaches the next day.  I figured it was from not drinking enough water and you get dehydrated.  Try drinking lots more water.  See if  that helps.

Yeah the same to me. I have gotten them the next day, never the same day.  Could it be just because I didn't drink enough water? I will be sure to be hydrated during and after the sessions, thanks.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 04:03:40 PM »

ditto