Author Topic: What is HIT and anyone tried it?  (Read 6865 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
What is HIT and anyone tried it?
« on: January 16, 2012, 06:19:31 AM »
Looking for new workout ideas and have heard about this, any experiences?
Thanks

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: What is HIT and anyone tried it?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 06:20:11 AM »
What is this thing you call "workout"?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 06:23:30 AM »
Not me.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 06:24:24 AM »
Lift,Eat,Rest,Repeat!!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 06:28:32 AM »
Thanks

HIT routine is as follows:

3 exercises per bodypart/4 sets each

now this is the KEY part....in between sets, you must look into the nearest mirror/at the tiniest tit in the gym (either will count) and pretend to HIT a punchbag with various combos while imagining 'eye of the tiger' playing in your mind.

This will ensure that all equipment is vacated quickly, before you choose your next exercise!

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 06:37:06 AM »
HIT is running as fast as you can til you are out of breath and then doing it again a couple of times. It used to be called exercising but people quit buying the videos so they had to repackage it and name it something fresh.
time under tension

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 06:39:59 AM »
i charge 2000dollars and fake passport ;)
Herpes

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 06:41:41 AM »
HIT routine is as follows:

3 exercises per bodypart/4 sets each

now this is the KEY part....in between sets, you must look into the nearest mirror/at the tiniest tit in the gym (either will count) and pretend to HIT a punchbag with various combos while imagining 'eye of the tiger' playing in your mind.

This will ensure that all equipment is vacated quickly, before you choose your next exercise!
LOL  ;D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 06:44:37 AM »

That's the main problem I encounter in gyms

Other people hogging equipment

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 06:54:40 AM »
That's the main problem I encounter in gyms

Other people hogging equipment

Too many straight jabs! Try a couple of 1-2 combos and an uppercut in there and you will see an instant improvement

If this fails, than take off your ipod armband and replace with a tapemeasure set to 17" and repeat!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 07:00:11 AM »
Hit is when you do 3 exercises for one set then take 6 days off to rest. During your 6 days of resting you have to go on bodybuilding boards and make fun of the lazy guys who do cardio and lift 6 days a week. Tell them they don't work as hard as you do.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 07:03:34 AM »
Too many straight jabs! Try a couple of 1-2 combos and an uppercut in there and you will see an instant improvement

If this fails, than take off your ipod armband and replace with a tapemeasure set to 17" and repeat!

Do I need to wear tapout gear?

What about some knees, and kicks in combos?

Is screaming acceptable, or should I make " punching noises "

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 07:09:09 AM »
There are a gret many would you HIT it threads, why start another one?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 07:11:12 AM »
Do I need to wear tapout gear?

What about some knees, and kicks in combos?

Is screaming acceptable, or should I make " punching noises "

Definately not the tapout shirt - too scary. You wanna make sure there is someone left in the gym in case you get stuck on 9/10 rep with 6 plates a side on the bench.

Knees - good every once in a while. Shows the big guy panting after doing 1 deadlift, that you're not a one-trick pony.

Screaming/noises etc - Yes!!! I find that the odd "Deeesh!!!" or "Aaaice!!!" once in a while keeps the tits in check.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 07:11:37 AM »
Hit is when you do 3 exercises for one set then take 6 days off to rest. During your 6 days of resting you have to go on bodybuilding boards and make fun of the lazy guys who do cardio and lift 6 days a week. Tell them they don't work hard and how you do.
That about sums it up!  ;D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 07:23:45 AM »
Definately not the tapout shirt - too scary. You wanna make sure there is someone left in the gym in case you get stuck on 9/10 rep with 6 plates a side on the bench.

Knees - good every once in a while. Shows the big guy panting after doing 1 deadlift, that you're not a one-trick pony.

Screaming/noises etc - Yes!!! I find that the odd "Deeesh!!!" or "Aaaice!!!" once in a while keeps the tits in check.

Lol

What about some ab shooting? Too much..?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 07:32:48 AM »
Thanks

My interpretation is train a bodypart once every 3 weeks, if you don't feel fully recovered, take another week off

Do 4-5 warm-up sets per exercise, but ONLY ONE working set, beyond failure, for example, if you're doing preacher curls, and your bicep has ripped off both attachments and is now stuck on ceiling fan, you've reached failure, and you may stop.

03225 grms of protein per/lb bodyweight protein is all you need to put on the maximum allowed gains of lean tissue per annum, 5.2289 lbs.
If you exceed this, you may die.

Periodically, you should take 18-24 months off from training for your nervous system to recover

Oh, and meth. You need meth.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 07:38:34 AM »
I do HIT. It's the best training system that's out there. Now, instead of asking stupid questions on a forum, why don't you buy yourself a fucking book?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 07:40:10 AM »
My interpretation is train a bodypart once every 3 weeks, if you don't feel fully recovered, take another week off

Do 4-5 warm-up sets per exercise, but ONLY ONE working set, beyond failure, for example, if you're doing preacher curls, and your bicep has ripped off both attachments and is now stuck on ceiling fan, you've reached failure, and you may stop.

03225 grms of protein per/lb bodyweight protein is all you need to put on the maximum allowed gains of lean tissue per annum, 5.2289 lbs.

Periodically, you should take 18-24 months off from training for your nervous system to recover

LOL  ;D

DOGMA PERSONIFIED!!  :)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 07:44:12 AM »
That about sums it up!  ;D

Had to fix the bad English in the above post. Sometimes I type to fast for my own good. I'm resting now for 6 days. You should have seen how hard my 15 minute workout was.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 07:44:36 AM »

hahaha, don't forget you have to buy $5000 of supplements from GNC and eat them all at once to ensure your body has passed the loading phase before you even walk into a gym!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 07:45:14 AM »

Had to fix the bad English in the above post. Sometimes I type to fast for my own good. I'm resting now for 6 days. You should have seen how hard my 15 minute workout was.
You should take at least 9 days off just to be sure recovery is optimal.  :)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 07:53:49 AM »
You should take at least 9 days off just to be sure recovery is optimal.  :)

Yes! don't forget to have a 'carb up' day every other rest day to kickstart your metabolism  ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 08:01:01 AM »
Well, ma man I've been training HIT for da past few week. I do one set of da dumbbell curls every 14 days. I started out wit da 10lbers for 4 reps and now, ma man I'm doing da 12.5lbers for da same number of reps. Ima thinkin dat progressive resistance is da key to get ma arms to 11.7665 inches by da spring...FACT. I been following dis program to a tee jus like ma man Mike Mentzer. In da morning ma man, I eat a block of da Cracker Barrell sharp cheddar cheese and anda cup of coffee, like ma man Che. Dinner is another block of cheese and maybe a Mars bar ma man. diet is irrelevant FACT

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 08:02:02 AM »
Yes! don't forget to have a 'carb up' day every other rest day to kickstart your metabolism  ;D
Great advice,this also "tricks" your body and keeps it "confused!!  :)