Author Topic: Munoz out, Sonnen in against Bisping...  (Read 5097 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Munoz out, Sonnen in against Bisping...
« on: January 18, 2012, 06:41:57 AM »
Kinda happy about this, but kinda disappointed too:

Happy bc Bisping is going to get his ass kicked. 

Disappointed bc Bisping, as he will get beat here, WON'T get Anderson (which would be an even BIGGER ass kicking).

Did I mention I hate Bisping?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: Munoz out, Sonnen in against Bisping...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:23:05 AM »
bold words from him, I think he grossly underestimates Sonnens ability when compared with his own.

"Dana hadn't even finished saying Munoz was out before I was planning how to beat Sonnen in my head. I've accepted fights on short notice for the UFC throughout my career, but this one is a massive, massive chance for me, and I am very grateful to Dana, (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva and the UFC. I was already hugely grateful to be asked to fight on FOX, but to fight Chael on FOX ... well, there are hundreds of fighters who would kill for this opportunity, and I would have had to be a fool to turn it down. ... Next week, I'm ready to go all guns blazing. A fight is a fight, and at this level anything can happen, but all things being equal, Chael Sonnen cannot knock me out. He can't submit me, either. The worst that is going to happen is that he will outpoint me and, if I don't beat him, I didn't deserve a title shot against Anderson Silva anyway."

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 06:18:01 PM »
I will be absolutely shocked if Bisping beats Sonnen.  I guess anything can happen though.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 08:32:19 AM »
Hope Bisping wins.
Chael is also cool so either way a win.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:51:46 PM »
while it would be fun to see anderson silva knock bisping out does anyone believe that bisping even derserves a title shot
irongearco.com

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 01:52:04 AM »
while it would be fun to see anderson silva knock bisping out does anyone believe that bisping even derserves a title shot
No way.  He is the UFC's British cash cow.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 06:33:29 AM »
  Let's see how great Sonnen truly is without massive doses of androgens making him tougher and meaner. I didn't think his performance against Stann was that convincing and Stann is pretty one-dimensional and can't bust a grape.

Something tells me that Silva vs Sonnen II will be a slaying. I think Silva will shock the World by putting a beating on Sonnen. This time Silva will not have to fight with a fissured rib, and Sonnen won't have extra testosterone making him more of a man than he truly is. I doubt that without steroids he will just walk through Silva's devastating Muay Thai kicks and knees snd elbows and take him down over and over again. He will take Silva down a couple times, but that's it. By the second or third round, Silva will KO/TKO him.

SUKCMYMUSCLE

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »
No way.  He is the UFC's British cash cow.

Ding Ding.  They are pushing this guy for the sole purpose of appealing to the British market.  They tried the same thing with Dan Hardy or other British fighters but they were all smashing disappointments. Admittedly Bispings record isn't atrocious and he is a decent mid-level fighter but there is no way he will ever win a title as long as A. Silva is champion.   

Bisping has no wrestling skills to speak and relies exclusively on his stand up.  Unfortunately for Bisping, everything he does modestly well, Silva is extraordinary at. He has no other option that I can see other than to trade with Silva and that will only result in being knocked the fuck out.  He lacks the speed and power to pose much of a challenge.

A

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 02:41:05 PM »
Michael isnt the best fighter we've had from these shores but he gets his name out there and has done remarkably well for himself. Wrestling has never been a strong point in British fighting because we simply dont train it over here whereas Americans are raised on it through school etc. This gives them a distinct advantage because unless youre a freak athlete like GSP, you will never attain the level of Josh Koscheck, Matt Hughes, MVA etc in that dept by starting in your late teens to early 20's.

What we have always done is strike well and sub well - Leigh Remedios, Lee Murray, Semtex - but not always at elite levels. I am proud of the British lads achievements but truth be told we are a long way behind the Eastern Europeans and American fighters (N & S).

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 03:15:11 PM »
Bisping makes for a good show.  He can talk a good game and is a decent fighter, but when he goes beyond the mid-tier guys he loses (Henderson, past prime Wandy hurt him multiple times)

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »
Bisping will get his ass handed to him. If a declining Wand can beat his ass Sonnen will hurt him real bad.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 12:47:25 AM »
Michael isnt the best fighter we've had from these shores but he gets his name out there and has done remarkably well for himself. Wrestling has never been a strong point in British fighting because we simply dont train it over here whereas Americans are raised on it through school etc. This gives them a distinct advantage because unless youre a freak athlete like GSP, you will never attain the level of Josh Koscheck, Matt Hughes, MVA etc in that dept by starting in your late teens to early 20's.

What we have always done is strike well and sub well - Leigh Remedios, Lee Murray, Semtex - but not always at elite levels. I am proud of the British lads achievements but truth be told we are a long way behind the Eastern Europeans and American fighters (N & S).

good post. how is bisping perceived over there. most Americans thinks he's arrogant..i take it he has a large fan base.
personality aside i think bispings to slow. he does everything ok but nothing great. in my eyes he's not a top contender
irongearco.com

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 02:39:06 AM »
He does indeed have a large fanbase, people now know who he is pretty much everywhere he goes and most people love him for having what we call "front". He has good cardio, but when you watch him clinching and kneeing it looks like hes playing about - yet somehow he manages to get the job done more often than not. He pretty much walked through everyone in the org's over here and did excellent on TUF, but IMO - as much as this pains me - he's a card filler and nothing more. He lacks the necessary requirements to attain a UFC title.

The only man from here i could have ever seen compete against everyone was Lee Murray but his arrogance was such he didnt take it seriously enough. We all kno about him KOing Ortiz in a street fight and Ortiz refusing to fight him in the cage afterwards, howeveer all it did was fill his ego. The man could have been THE European fighter of his generation but was moe interested in fighting in clubs and letting everyone know he was a hard man & bully.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 06:14:32 AM »
Bisping will get his ass handed to him. If a declining Wand can beat his ass Sonnen will hurt him real bad.

Fuck, after watching that knockdown, I wonder if some fights aren't "thrown" from time to time.  Who braces themselves like that before going to the ground?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 06:46:01 AM »
I always thought he simply wanted to avoid knees and kicks as he was going down by making a concerned effort to get his hands on the ground. He was definitely fatigued and didnt really look like he was on the verge of being knocked out by the force of the strikes alone. Excellent finish to the fight however, has there been 30 seconds more then Wandy may have just knocked the steam out of Bisping altogether.

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 04:48:50 PM »
Bisping by a landslide.

Sonnen is a good trash talker, but has as many weak points as Bisping has.  Neither are as good as Anderson.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 03:04:30 AM »
Sonnen by second round GnP TKO

Bisping is nothing more than a nancy boy homo crumpet eating sissy who fights hand picked cans directed by Dana White.

Sonnen will take him down, beat him up and then rape him on live PPV.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 08:11:34 AM »
Bisping by a landslide.

Sonnen is a good trash talker, but has as many weak points as Bisping has.  Neither are as good as Anderson.

Bisping has a chance of winning, as anything is possible in MMA but by a landslide, highly unlikely. 

Sonnens wrestling is far superior to Silvas, as he showed when they last tangled.  Sonnen was manhandling Silva until he got stupid and sloppy and was submitted. The same went for Henderson who was smothering Silva to death in the first round of their fight until he went off reservation and changed his game plan.
A

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 01:27:47 AM »
yeah i can't see bisping winning this. he has a punchers chance nothing more
irongearco.com

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »
Bisping by a landslide.

You must be either stupid or crazy. Bisping is going to get brutally raped in this fight. Bisping sucks! He can't be any top ten guys.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 04:00:30 PM »
Bisping's gonna get ragdolled and trashed for as long as this one lasts...

be surprised if it goes longer than 2

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »

You know whats cool about this clip, and I could be completely wrong here, but when Bisping goes down it looks like Wands about to go for a soccer kick but catches himself.
A

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 07:39:19 AM »
Ya he did  :D Imagine if sucker kicks were legal he would of lit him up pretty bad.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 11:16:46 AM »
Ya he did  :D Imagine if sucker kicks were legal he would of lit him up pretty bad.

Man, I wish soccer kicks where legal.  I personal don't see a problem with them.  Soccer kicks where used in Pride for a decade or so and not one person died or was seriously (I mean seriously as beyond the normal fight serious) injured.  Stomps on the other hand should only be allowed to the body and legs.
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 01:38:07 PM »
Man, I wish soccer kicks where legal.  I personal don't see a problem with them.  Soccer kicks where used in Pride for a decade or so and not one person died or was seriously (I mean seriously as beyond the normal fight serious) injured.  Stomps on the other hand should only be allowed to the body and legs.
Agreed. Soccer kicks, and knees to a downed opponent should be legal.  That was half of the repertoire of guys like Wandy and Shogun.