Author Topic: Dorian Yates - 1995 Mr. Olympia - High Quality Scans!!!  (Read 132224 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Dorian Yates - 1995 Mr. Olympia - High Quality Scans!!!
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2012, 04:06:59 AM »
Vince did hit the side chest like this a lot:

No he did it correctly

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2012, 04:08:53 AM »
carved from iron :o

Craved from marshmellow , keep posting front pics  ;)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2012, 08:25:35 AM »
Uh yeah but Dorian was probably filmed on VIDEO TAPE not actual film. And you would have to scan the photo negatives, not images from old mags, to get the resolution in photos.

I don't know about that. Iceman posted screencaps from the 92 Mr. Olympia DVD that looked pretty damn good. I doubt it was filmed on video tape otherwise it would still look like crap. Also, the stock film I was referring to are the original negatives (or positives, I'm not sure how that works since negatives are dark). I wasn't talking about old magazine pics, lol

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2012, 08:57:44 AM »
lol at those who say dorian was taking more space from the side than nasser ::)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2012, 08:59:24 AM »
No he did it correctly

nasser hits it good in this shot!!..

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2012, 09:19:31 AM »

Notice the difference in head size?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2012, 09:32:54 AM »
Lol @ 96 - Dorian's smallest most overdieted showing.
Besides - we know Nasser was DQ'd for cheating so its a mute point anyway.  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2012, 09:40:11 AM »
nasser hits it good in this shot!!..

Good ? sure correctly? NO

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2012, 09:49:04 AM »

Pay attention , it doesn't matter is Dorian was smaller , Shawn was smaller and he kicked Nasser's 285lb ass .

Dorian looks comparable in terms of size even though Nasser isn't doing the pose correctly.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2012, 09:51:20 AM »
Lol @ 96 - Dorian's smallest most overdieted showing.
Besides - we know Nasser was DQ'd for cheating so its a mute point anyway.  ;D

Lets say the cheater didn't get DQ'ed he still placed behind Shawn Ray nevermind Dorian  8) mute point again  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2012, 09:59:33 AM »

All Nasser-Dorian debating and jokes aside, I honestly don't understand why/how so many people say Yates looks "carved from stone" "grainy" etc.  From some angles and from the back he looks amazing but from the front he shows no/very little separation or detail in the delts and arms.  There's hardly any shape or striations in his front relaxed and front lat spread poses.  Looks smooth doesn't it?
You obviously haven't seen him in real life, trust me some picture capture a fraction of his grainyness and granite like and transparent skin but most don't, till this day no one has come close, in person he is granite like and see through skin night and day from the rest of the field, if you have never seen him in person, you will never understand as you don't right now.

Another bodybuilder that has freaky thin skin texture in person, wow factor, is Pavol Jablonicky, again if you have never seen him in real life you won't understand, only one that comes close but still Dorian way more Grainy

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »
Notice the difference in head size?

because nasser's mind is better/bigger so needs more space to work in ;D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2012, 10:14:14 AM »
You obviously haven't seen him in real life, trust me some picture capture a fraction of his grainyness and granite like and transparent skin but most don't, till this day no one has come close, in person he is granite like and see through skin night and day from the rest of the field, if you have never seen him in person, you will never understand as you don't right now.

Another bodybuilder that has freaky thin skin texture in person, wow factor, is Pavol Jablonicky, again if you have never seen him in real life you won't understand, only one that comes close but still Dorian way more Grainy

yes dorian in real life was something else.. beside the fact he was carved from stones,.. he was 10 dimensional and was throwing fire balls from his mouth ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2012, 10:18:07 AM »
yes dorian in real life was something else.. beside the fact he was carved from stones,.. he was 10 dimensional and was throwing fire balls from his mouth ::)

You mad bro? mad that Nasser couldn't measure up? Yes Dorian really was that good his record proves this , Nasser 6 wins in 53 tries  :-\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2012, 10:19:42 AM »
because nasser's mind is better/bigger so needs more space to work in ;D

Nasser's mind wasn't to big because he couldn't figure out how to get a pro level back

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »
Just saying it how it is,  :'(  I understand the truth hurts :'(

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2012, 10:39:04 AM »
Well, when almost every person who's seen him compete says the same thing, kinda says something.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2012, 10:46:56 AM »
Well, when almost every person who's seen him compete says the same thing, kinda says something.

It's absolutely true.  Saw him at the '96 Olympia, guest pose at 300lbs in Boston, and once signing autographs at the NOC.   The best shot that shows this 3d thickness is the MM from the side that gets posted occasionally.

And I also admit that he can look awful/smooth and even skinny in some of his pics.  It was anything but the case.  I don't know why people ignore the write up that happened from multiple people who attended these events, but choose to draw their opinon on crappy Muscletime shots (which I think can be unflattering to ALL bodybuilders, not just Yates.)
Y

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2012, 10:56:56 AM »
It's absolutely true.  Saw him at the '96 Olympia, guest pose at 300lbs in Boston, and once signing autographs at the NOC.   The best shot that shows this 3d thickness is the MM from the side that gets posted occasionally.

And I also admit that he can look awful/smooth and even skinny in some of his pics.  It was anything but the case.  I don't know why people ignore the write up that happened from multiple people who attended these events, but choose to draw their opinon on crappy Muscletime shots (which I think can be unflattering to ALL bodybuilders, not just Yates.)
These clowns will never understand, a 2 dimentional picture holds stuff back, everyone has said this about Dorian, thousands of people, yet sherief's infatuation with Nasser has made not believe this,

Question Sherief and be as honest as possible, have some class for once,
for every 100 people that say Dorian looked way different in person, granite like, how many say that about Nasser?

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2012, 11:22:54 AM »
if you watch any of the video tapes of the olympias dorian you can see it there also,more than in pics in magazines,dorian in person just looks way better than everybody else.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2012, 11:47:21 AM »
this thread always grinds the poor guy's gears..bwahahahahaa:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=252142.0

Of course directly.
And I have seen him competing directly 1994 and 1996.

And I say

Dorian is not in the league of Ronnie.
Best Ronnie was from the outer space.
No competition.

a fellow getbigger who has seen both ronnie and dorian compete many times...

and he says Ronnie was far above the Keg. LOL

nuthuggers on suicide watch now!
Flower Boy Ran Away

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2012, 12:39:46 PM »
These clowns will never understand, a 2 dimentional picture holds stuff back, everyone has said this about Dorian, thousands of people, yet sherief's infatuation with Nasser has made not believe this,

Question Sherief and be as honest as possible, have some class for once,
for every 100 people that say Dorian looked way different in person, granite like, how many say that about Nasser?

There actually are many people who did watch the 96 and 97 Olympias and feel Yates was overrated in winning those shows, several have posted it on getbig, even several pros have said so, including Flex Wheeler.

I think the reason more people say "You had to have seen Dorian in person" vs. other bodybuilders is largely because Dorian won and since the pictures story there needs to be some explanation given.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2012, 12:42:32 PM »
Pay attention , it doesn't matter is Dorian was smaller , Shawn was smaller and he kicked Nasser's 285lb ass .

Dorian looks comparable in terms of size even though Nasser isn't doing the pose correctly.

No he does not look comparable in size in that shot!  AND specifically that shot is being discussed because you've often said Nasser looks "flat as a pancake" from the side. 

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2012, 12:44:02 PM »
Idiot, way to quote the FLS and not the front relaxed because it shows Nasser is hitting the pose not only WRONG, but in a way that he should be warned of doing it incorrectly. But Im sure your whole "politics" cry wont be valid when Nasser is the one on the recieving end, right? ::) ::) ::)
And dont give me that bullshit about "I was talking about this", you were clearly talking about the Front Relaxed as that was what the whole fucking argument was about. Jesus Christ.

Waiting for you to spin how Nasser isnt hitting the pose wrong as fuck.

I was talking about the front lat spread, but even in discussing the front relaxed later like I said no bodybuilder is flexing nothing in that pose, everyone at a minimum is flexing their lats and quads, many are also tensing their arms and abs.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2012, 12:45:26 PM »
"You had to have seen Dorian in person" = sad excuse for poor judging. :-\

show below,
dorian displaying his trademark smoothness and lack of cuts from the front..at least in his post tear form 8)

Flower Boy Ran Away