Author Topic: Dorian Yates - 1995 Mr. Olympia - High Quality Scans!!!  (Read 132075 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Dorian Yates - 1995 Mr. Olympia - High Quality Scans!!!
« Reply #525 on: January 27, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »
We already established the following:

Conditioning = less fat and water

Less fat and water = more "detailing", striations, separation

Coolman had better striations and separations

Conclusion

Coolman had better conditioning

I know its hard, but just accept it, youll feel better after you assume your defeat. And yes, the attack stands, Coolman has better conditioning than Yates due to the logical deduction I just demonstrated.

Peter McGough

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

Ummmm thanks for playing sport.  ;)

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #526 on: January 27, 2012, 05:17:02 PM »
while ronnie overall was bigger than yates,after 2003,and had a couple bodyparts tht were better,i.e.biceps and chest,noway did he ever beat yates on conditioning.i doubt anyone at any size ever did.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #527 on: January 27, 2012, 05:18:24 PM »
Peter McGough

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

Yeah but Mcgoo said the best he ever saw was Ronnie in 01 so case closed.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #528 on: January 27, 2012, 05:18:30 PM »
Peter McGough

Dorian was simply more massive, more full, more thick, morew conditioned than Ronnie at his best.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #529 on: January 27, 2012, 05:20:12 PM »
Did I just accidentally you Shockwave?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #530 on: January 27, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »
Yeah but Mcgoo said the best he ever saw was Ronnie in 01 so case closed.

Miss this part?

I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #531 on: January 27, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
Miss this part?

I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

Yes, I saw that but that doesn't negate him saying Ronnie in 01 Arnold is the best he ever saw.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #532 on: January 27, 2012, 05:24:53 PM »
Yes, I saw that but that doesn't negate him saying Ronnie in 01 Arnold is the best he ever saw.

Sure it does

Peter McGough - Flex, August 2005

"Personally, the best physique I ever saw onstage (there was a contender for best-ever that I saw offstage: those crazy photos of sock-footed Dorian Yates taken seven weeks before the 1993 Mr. Olympia) was Ronnie's at the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic.

Ronnie 2001 to small to touch Dorian

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #533 on: January 27, 2012, 05:26:55 PM »
Sure it does

Peter McGough - Flex, August 2005

"Personally, the best physique I ever saw onstage (there was a contender for best-ever that I saw offstage: those crazy photos of sock-footed Dorian Yates taken seven weeks before the 1993 Mr. Olympia) was Ronnie's at the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic.

Ronnie 2001 to small to touch Dorian

Too bad for you contests are judged on a stage...where it matters....keep stretching....only on this board does Ronnie V. Dorian cause such a stir...To the general bodybuilding community, Ronnie clearly wins...I'd still go with Haney though.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #534 on: January 27, 2012, 05:31:19 PM »
Too bad for you contests are judged on a stage...where it matters....keep stretching....only on this board does Ronnie V. Dorian cause such a stir...To the general bodybuilding community, Ronnie clearly wins...I'd still go with Haney though.

True contests are judged on-stage but the general consensus is that's the best Dorian looked regardless

lots of boards have this debate thanks to me  :-\

Ronnie or Lee couldn't handle this

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #535 on: January 27, 2012, 05:51:40 PM »
True contests are judged on-stage but the general consensus is that's the best Dorian looked regardless

lots of boards have this debate thanks to me  :-\

Ronnie or Lee couldn't handle this

Haney = 8 Mr. O's
Ronnie = 8 Mr. O's
Dorian = 6 Mr. O's

And if you wanna go with being undefeated see Haney.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #536 on: January 27, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »
the dorian pics were impressive for their time but many pics and series have long eclipsed those.

eg. these ones of ronnie at 275 pounds with equal conditioning, way better shape and a lot more cuts:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #537 on: January 27, 2012, 06:11:33 PM »
no contest here:

Flower Boy Ran Away

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #538 on: January 27, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »
We already established the following:

Conditioning = less fat and water

Less fat and water = more "detailing", striations, separation

Coolman had better striations and separations

Conclusion

Coolman had better conditioning

I know its hard, but just accept it, youll feel better after you assume your defeat. And yes, the attack stands, Coolman has better conditioning than Yates due to the logical deduction I just demonstrated.
Hahaha, lol yeah keep posting your pics, doesnt change the fact youre making yourself look like a total fucking retard for trying to say that striations = conditioning, where its stated 1471890578390214 all over from all different kinds of media that it isnt so.
Case in point - offseason Ronnie has striations. Blows your whole theory to hell doesnt it?
Lol 2+2 definatley does not equal 4 for you, does it?
I know youre desperatly slamming your keys and posting pics trying to convince yourself your owning me, the fact is youre the utter moron that thinks striations and separation = conditioning. Lol.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #539 on: January 27, 2012, 07:10:13 PM »
Im gonna go ahead and finish this so your will stop with annoying everyone with your bullshit nonsense.
Ronnie Offseason

Dorian contest shape

Same striations Ronnie has in contest shape, same separation (Not as visibly deep obviously), waaayyy higher bodyfat.
Dorians muscle does not have the same striations or separation yet clearly devoid of bodyfat and water.
So your whole argument of detail (striations and separation) = conditioning is fucking retarded, maybe you should try and accept the fact that you made yourself look like a total moron with all those little pics that reflected you, not me. Lol.
You cannot compare one mans striations to another and try and claim he was more conditioned because of them. Because some people have striations, super deep ones that appear even at high bodyfat.
Others dont, and that has next to nothing to do with bodyfat or water.
Case closed numbnuts.
So what have we learned?
Detail =/= Conditioning
Ha, ha, ha, thanks for playing broseph.  ;) ;D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #540 on: January 27, 2012, 08:36:07 PM »
Im gonna go ahead and finish this so your will stop with annoying everyone with your bullshit nonsense.
Ronnie Offseason

Dorian contest shape

Same striations Ronnie has in contest shape, same separation (Not as visibly deep obviously), waaayyy higher bodyfat.
Dorians muscle does not have the same striations or separation yet clearly devoid of bodyfat and water.
So your whole argument of detail (striations and separation) = conditioning is fucking retarded, maybe you should try and accept the fact that you made yourself look like a total moron with all those little pics that reflected you, not me. Lol.
You cannot compare one mans striations to another and try and claim he was more conditioned because of them. Because some people have striations, super deep ones that appear even at high bodyfat.
Others dont, and that has next to nothing to do with bodyfat or water.
Case closed numbnuts.
So what have we learned?
Detail =/= Conditioning
Ha, ha, ha, thanks for playing broseph.  ;) ;D

lol yates is much closer to the camera here but still nasser's shoulder looks much bigger!!..

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #541 on: January 27, 2012, 08:54:48 PM »
the dorian pics were impressive for their time but many pics and series have long eclipsed those.

eg. these ones of ronnie at 275 pounds with equal conditioning, way better shape and a lot more cuts:
everybody looks harder and drier without oil.

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #542 on: January 27, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
Since this thread is supposed to be about
Yates 1995 Mr. O scans/pics I've got a question.
Anyone have a theory as to why in the 1st pic,
(pre contest) his legs look incredible with great sweep;
and at the actual contest they weren't nearly as good
shape and size wise.
I still think Dorian had some of the best wheels of his era
but this kinda baffles me considering how smart he seems to be.
Can't imagine he couldn't hold 90-95% but it looks like he
lost more leg wise. It's the same in the vid too. Crappy
video but you can see from the 1st double bi shot the leg
sweep is not there like in the 1st pic.

This is one reason I like his 1993 look the best
9at least at prejudging. Another crappy video
but you can see the legs are on point in 93
prejudging vid.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #543 on: January 27, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »
Corroborating evidence 8)

let's see what other competitors who faced off against Dorian and Ronnie had to say

Shawn Ray – Flex, Janurary 2003

"Most formidable competitor: Ronnie Coleman is in a class by himself. I honestly believe that Ronnie Coleman is unbeatable unless he beats himself. "

Flex Wheeler - MD, February 2004

"I'll go on record as saying Ronnie is truly the biggest, hardest, most shredded Mr. Olympia in history. No disrespect to anybody at all, but I'd to identify Ronnie Coleman as the greatest Mr. Olympia of all time."

Paul Dillet - MD, February 2004

"Understand that if Ronnie walked away tomorrow, I do not think anyone can measure up to the standards he has set. Just like Sergio Oliva, an awesome bodybuilder way ahead of his time, and like Flex Wheeler, who had an absolutely perfect, beautiful physique. No one will match Serigo or Flex and now Ronnie."

Mike Matarazzo – Flex, January 1999

"I think this creature from another planet, Ronnie Coleman, is going to be number one for a while. I think that, in the shape he was in, he would have beaten Dorian Yates. Ronnie has every single attribute it takes to be the greatest bodybuilder who ever lived."

Jean Pierre Fux - Personal Website

"The current Mr. Olympia (Ronnie Coleman). In top shape, probably the best physique that ever stepped on stage."

Nasser El Sonbatyhttp://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/greatest-olympia-winner-of-all-time.htm

"Without any doubt I feel the best Mr. Olympia winner ever is Ronnie Coleman. If you take a look at Coleman in his prime, compared to any one of the other Mr. Olympia winners in theirs, you could say that Ronnie had more size and hardness and greater longevity.

Also, the very strong and great Ronnie made the most improvements of all bodybuilders while in the amateur ranks and he established, with his very impressive physique, his absolute hegemony and domination in bodybuilding.

Ronnie did not act arrogant or confrontational with anyone and he was patient as a man and as an athlete. Ronnie was the right man at the right time, but also he was, independent of this, in his prime, simply the best bodybuilder ever. I do not see anyone like Ronnie Coleman showing up on a bodybuilding stage, not even for several decades."

Francis Benfattohttp://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/greatest-olympia-winner-of-all-time.htm

"In my opinion the best Mr. Olympia winner of all time was Ronnie Coleman, especially when Ronnie was in top condition shape, dry and shredded. At that time, Ronnie even managed to combine aesthetics and size; he then personified the best total package to win the Mr. Olympia.

The physique of Ronnie was a composite of full muscle bellies, distinctive separation, density and definition, all in perfect proportion and with symmetry - his small waist and narrow bones made him appear even bigger than he really was."

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #544 on: January 27, 2012, 09:10:14 PM »
let's hear what other bodybuilding experts who saw them both had to say

Joe Weider - IFBB Co-Founder

"Many experts, including reigning Mr.Olympia, Jay Cutler, believe that at his best Ronnie has the greatest physique of all-time. When looking at pictures of Ronnie from the 1998 Mr.Olympia, I find it hard to argue with that."

Lonnie Teper - MD, December 2005

"I've always said that it's too hard to compare athletes of different eras (then he names a few Mr. Olympias including Dorian). Still, it's hard to imagine that anybody who's ever stepped on a bodybuilding stage could have beaten Coleman. So I reserve the right to change my mind on this one. No offense to the rest of the champs - you were/are all truly amazing physique athletes - but Coleman has really taken it to the next level, as all magnificent conquerors do."

Tony Doherty - Heavy Muscle Radio (03-16-09)

"Ronnie is the best ever. No one even comes close."

Tony Doherty - http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=270388.msg3803035#msg3803035

"Absolutely no question. The best ever, I have seen them and worked with them all. Seeing Ronnie in 2003 was like looking into the future!"

Raymond Cassar - Muscletime Editor and Photographer

"There is no one alive that can beat Ronnie Coleman when he is at his best - No One! (and his best for me was when he won the 2001 Arnold Classic)"

http://www.muscletime.com/news/contest-results/2007-mr-olympia-analysis

Steve Blechman - MD, February 2004

"Ronnie perseveres and proves continually that, at his best, he is unbeatable."

"Ronnie Coleman is not only the greatest Mr. O of all time, he is also one of the oldest"

Chris Lund (Paraphrased by Milos Sarcev) - European Flex, April 2004

"Chris Lund who I consider to be a great expert in our sport of bodybuilding, told me that Ronnie is simply the best bodybuilder he has ever seen, or photographed, and he has seen everybody, during the last 35 years."

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=237938.0

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #545 on: January 27, 2012, 09:11:26 PM »

let's see what other competitors who faced off against Dorian and Ronnie had to say

"Most formidable competitor: Ronnie Coleman is in a class by himself. I honestly believe that Ronnie Coleman is unbeatable unless he beats himself. "

"I'll go on record as saying Ronnie is truly the biggest, hardest, most shredded Mr. Olympia in history. No disrespect to anybody at all, but I'd to identify Ronnie Coleman as the greatest Mr. Olympia of all time."

"Understand that if Ronnie walked away tomorrow, I do not think anyone can measure up to the standards he has set. Just like Sergio Oliva, an awesome bodybuilder way ahead of his time, and like Flex Wheeler, who had an absolutely perfect, beautiful physique. No one will match Serigo or Flex and now Ronnie."

"I think this creature from another planet, Ronnie Coleman, is going to be number one for a while. I think that, in the shape he was in, he would have beaten Dorian Yates. Ronnie has every single attribute it takes to be the greatest bodybuilder who ever lived."

"The current Mr. Olympia (Ronnie Coleman). In top shape, probably the best physique that ever stepped on stage."

Nasser El Sonbatyhttp://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/greatest-olympia-winner-of-all-time.htm

"Without any doubt I feel the best Mr. Olympia winner ever is Ronnie Coleman. If you take a look at Coleman in his prime, compared to any one of the other Mr. Olympia winners in theirs, you could say that Ronnie had more size and hardness and greater longevity.

Also, the very strong and great Ronnie made the most improvements of all bodybuilders while in the amateur ranks and he established, with his very impressive physique, his absolute hegemony and domination in bodybuilding.

Ronnie did not act arrogant or confrontational with anyone and he was patient as a man and as an athlete. Ronnie was the right man at the right time, but also he was, independent of this, in his prime, simply the best bodybuilder ever. I do not see anyone like Ronnie Coleman showing up on a bodybuilding stage, not even for several decades."

Francis Benfattohttp://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/greatest-olympia-winner-of-all-time.htm

"In my opinion the best Mr. Olympia winner of all time was Ronnie Coleman, especially when Ronnie was in top condition shape, dry and shredded. At that time, Ronnie even managed to combine aesthetics and size; he then personified the best total package to win the Mr. Olympia.

The physique of Ronnie was a composite of full muscle bellies, distinctive separation, density and definition, all in perfect proportion and with symmetry - his small waist and narrow bones made him appear even bigger than he really was."

hahahahahahahhahahahha  EPIC PWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #546 on: January 27, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »
let's hear what other bodybuilding experts who saw them both had to say

Joe Weider - IFBB Co-Founder

"Many experts, including reigning Mr.Olympia, Jay Cutler, believe that at his best Ronnie has the greatest physique of all-time. When looking at pictures of Ronnie from the 1998 Mr.Olympia, I find it hard to argue with that."

Lonnie Teper - MD, December 2005

"I've always said that it's too hard to compare athletes of different eras (then he names a few Mr. Olympias including Dorian). Still, it's hard to imagine that anybody who's ever stepped on a bodybuilding stage could have beaten Coleman. So I reserve the right to change my mind on this one. No offense to the rest of the champs - you were/are all truly amazing physique athletes - but Coleman has really taken it to the next level, as all magnificent conquerors do."

Tony Doherty - Heavy Muscle Radio (03-16-09)

"Ronnie is the best ever. No one even comes close."

Tony Doherty - http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=270388.msg3803035#msg3803035

"Absolutely no question. The best ever, I have seen them and worked with them all. Seeing Ronnie in 2003 was like looking into the future!"

Raymond Cassar - Muscletime Editor and Photographer

"There is no one alive that can beat Ronnie Coleman when he is at his best - No One! (and his best for me was when he won the 2001 Arnold Classic)"

http://www.muscletime.com/news/contest-results/2007-mr-olympia-analysis

Steve Blechman - MD, February 2004

"Ronnie perseveres and proves continually that, at his best, he is unbeatable."

"Ronnie Coleman is not only the greatest Mr. O of all time, he is also one of the oldest"

Chris Lund (Paraphrased by Milos Sarcev) - European Flex, April 2004

"Chris Lund who I consider to be a great expert in our sport of bodybuilding, told me that Ronnie is simply the best bodybuilder he has ever seen, or photographed, and he has seen everybody, during the last 35 years."

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=237938.0

Badda boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this silly arguement can be put to rest....I await ND response...lol

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #547 on: January 27, 2012, 10:16:23 PM »

The thing that makes the argument for Ronnie having the best physique ever are the statements coming from the top bodybuilders that competed against both Dorian and Ronnie during their primes. They have seen both Dorian and Ronnie up close contest after contest and know more about bodybuilding than anyone of us will know about it.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #548 on: January 27, 2012, 11:40:40 PM »
The thing that makes the argument for Ronnie having the best physique ever are the statements coming from the top bodybuilders that competed against both Dorian and Ronnie during their primes. They have seen both Dorian and Ronnie up close contest after contest and know more about bodybuilding than anyone of us will know about it.

but to be honest and neutral i feel that some of these bbs who selected ronnie as the best did so because they like him personally more than dorian..

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: January 28, 2012, 12:34:03 AM »
Haney = 8 Mr. O's
Ronnie = 8 Mr. O's
Dorian = 6 Mr. O's

And if you wanna go with being undefeated see Haney.

Did Haney face a career best Dorian? NO the 239 lb Dorian he did face still beat a career best Haney in the muscularity round. Dorian at his best would trample Haney

Ronnie at his best showing ever 1998 Mr Olympia just barely beat Flex Wheeler in one of the closest Mr Olympias ever , Dorian in 93 handed Flex his ass when he was closest to his career best , Dorian at his best would easily beat Ronnie 1998

The amount of Olympias is irrelevant , Dorian retired due to injury , if he didn't injured he would still be Mr Olympia.