Author Topic: Ron Paul On The Hunt For Delegates  (Read 2247 times)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Ron Paul On The Hunt For Delegates
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/22/politics/pol-sc-paul/index.html

After a second-place finish in New Hampshire, the Paul campaign signaled early that the candidate was looking farther ahead than even Florida, which is the next primary state on the calendar.

A campaign aide told CNN that Paul is focusing heavily on the states of Nevada and Minnesota, which hold caucuses instead of primaries.

The aide said Paul is buying broadcast and cable ads in both states, and described the size of the ad buy as significant.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Ron Paul On The Hunt For Delegates
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 12:16:17 AM »
Lets help him purchase these ads guys!  8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 06:35:29 AM »
smart move.  if it become a bloody mess between newt and romney, paul could sneak in  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:49:47 AM »
smart move.  if it become a bloody mess between newt and romney, paul could sneak in  ;)

Ron Paul is committing political malpractice w his campaign.   He has got to be the worst of the worst in how he campaigns.   I'm serious, if he had even 5% of the fight towards Obama that newt has he would be at the top. 

BUT NO, RP and his most fervent fans save all their fire for fellow repubs.     it's beyond absurd how he and they are going about this. 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 06:52:23 AM »
Ron Paul is committing political malpractice w his campaign.   He has got to be the worst of the worst in how he campaigns.   I'm serious, if he had even 5% of the fight towards Obama that newt has he would be at the top. 

BUT NO, RP and his most fervent fans save all their fire for fellow repubs.     it's beyond absurd how he and they are going about this. 

Question: Are you involved with the Ron Paul campaign in any way shape or form?

Because if you're not, you really have no way of knowing how his campaign is run.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 06:56:31 AM »
Question: Are you involved with the Ron Paul campaign in any way shape or form?

Because if you're not, you really have no way of knowing how his campaign is run.

I have donated money to both him and his son.   

I'm talking about perception in the GOP party.  RP decided to run as a Repub and not a libertarian, so it seems only common sense to at least give the primary voters what they want, someone who will destroy Obama and take him on like the survival of the nation depends on it. 

I have been saying this from day one.   RP does not take the right posture to win. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 07:00:19 AM »
Nevada will be the make or break for Paul.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 07:01:59 AM »
Nevada will be the make or break for Paul.

I still hold to my contention that RP has no intention of winning, but s looking for something else.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 07:14:29 AM »
I still hold to my contention that RP has no intention of winning, but s looking for something else.  
This is just freaking delusional.  I have no idea why you keep saying this over and over and over.  You've told everyone on this board that Paul doesn't want to win several dozen times.  I think that's an odd message for a Paul supporter to post all over the place with high repetition.

At any rate, everyone here knows how you feel about this as you've sure said it enough.  Is it really important for you to keep pounding in a negative opinion of Paul?  If you convince people he doesn't really want to win, they're not going to vote for him even if they like him.

If this is really what you think, contact the campaign and let them know what you think they're doing wrong instead of posting it a zillion times here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 07:18:26 AM »
This is just freaking delusional.  I have no idea why you keep saying this over and over and over.  You've told everyone on this board that Paul doesn't want to win several dozen times.  I think that's an odd message for a Paul supporter to post all over the place with high repetition.

At any rate, everyone here knows how you feel about this as you've sure said it enough.  Is it really important for you to keep pounding in a negative opinion of Paul?  If you convince people he doesn't really want to win, they're not going to vote for him even if they like him.

His actions tell me that.   There is no valid explanation for his refusal to go after Obama forcefully and directly and loudly when that is what most primary voters want, someone w a killer instinct to take on the communist in the WH. 

People are not going to vote for rp in the primary so long as he shows no real conviction to attack Obama like a steamroller.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 07:29:45 AM »
His actions tell me that.   There is no valid explanation for his refusal to go after Obama forcefully and directly and loudly when that is what most primary voters want, someone w a killer instinct to take on the communist in the WH. 

People are not going to vote for rp in the primary so long as he shows no real conviction to attack Obama like a steamroller.
can you answer the other points of my post please.  Because I'm totally at a loss lol..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 07:40:31 AM »
can you answer the other points of my post please.  Because I'm totally at a loss lol..

Whatever, I told you the reality of the situation.  Cry all you want about it.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 07:45:46 AM »
I have donated money to both him and his son.   

I'm talking about perception in the GOP party.  RP decided to run as a Repub and not a libertarian, so it seems only common sense to at least give the primary voters what they want, someone who will destroy Obama and take him on like the survival of the nation depends on it. 

I have been saying this from day one.   RP does not take the right posture to win. 

Since when has Ron Paul given voters what they want? The entire reason why he has a following is because he's principled and consistent. In other words, he doesn't play politics, he speaks the truth.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 07:49:38 AM »
Whatever, I told you the reality of the situation.  Cry all you want about it.
I'm not fucking crying about anything.  I just asked you to address the rest of what I said.  Instead you just posted the same thing you always post when asked about this.

Why are you posting this over and over and over?

Why not contact the campaign with your suggestions instead?

You say you support Paul but don't you think it's not the greatest idea to attempt to convince people he doesn't want to win?  You post it so often it goes beyond an opinion to you trying to convince people it's true.  Why would people want to switch their vote to Paul if they think he doesn't want to win?

Simple fucking questions.  You're the one that posts this over and over, I think other Paul supporters are entitled to ask a few questions if that's what you're going to do.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »
Since when has Ron Paul given voters what they want? The entire reason why he has a following is because he's principled and consistent. In other words, he doesn't play politics, he speaks the truth.

And?    He still has to win to get in a position t do anything.   Most of the GOP primary voters want Obama sent packing and attacked.   That is the truth.  Knowing that, if RP refuses to attack Obama forcefully, he will never move beyond his core base in the primary.  

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 07:51:31 AM »
And?    He still has to win to get in a position t do anything.   Most of the GOP primary voters want Obama sent packing and attacked.   That is the truth.  Knowing that, if RP refuses to attack Obama forcefully, he will never move beyond his core base in the primary.  

Ron Paul "refuses" to attack Obama? How do you figure?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 07:56:40 AM »

I have watched every single debate, so far RP has barely said a peep directly about Obamas horrible presidency.  It's always theory, generalities, which is fine, but when you get that small moment, you have to make it count.   RP does not do that against Obama.    He does against fellow repubs, but never against Obama.   That may be fine for his die hards, but he won't expand his ase in the primary beyond where he is w that tact.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 07:57:55 AM »
When 3333 has said this in the past I've gone out and gotten examples for him of where Paul has directly attacked Obama or the ideas put forth by Obama but some how this has never been good enough for 3333...  I think 3333 needs Paul to stand on stage and call Obama a communist traitor that wants to destroy America.  He's not happy with Paul just making a case for why Obama's ideas don't work and are unconstitutional.  He wants Paul to be a little more like Ann Coulter or something.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 07:58:31 AM »
this campaign is going to be BLOODY between newt and mitt if they stay close.

romney will spend $200 mil of his own damn money to win this thing.  Newt will literally throw tomatoes.  UGLY!
Santorum will fizzle.  Ron paul will stay in a quiet 3rd.

And watch out at the convention for his team of delegates to pull some wild ol shit.  "Look, these two knuckleheads are an embarassment, and neither in electable.  SEnd them both home, put me in the race, and I'll beat obama" - Ron Paul, summer 2012.  That would rock!

And I don't put it past ron paul to break the rules.  He knows the system is fixed, he knows how to fight.  He's not a pussy like those other 3 chicken hawks.  His delegates are insanely loyal.

if the other 2 look like shit, ron paul may win just by being the quiet gentleman onstage who was right all along.  Screaming like an idiot (newt and mitt) won't work for ron paul.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 08:03:40 AM »
I have watched every single debate, so far RP has barely said a peep directly about Obamas horrible presidency.  It's always theory, generalities, which is fine, but when you get that small moment, you have to make it count.   RP does not do that against Obama.    He does against fellow repubs, but never against Obama.   That may be fine for his die hards, but he won't expand his ase in the primary beyond where he is w that tact.
::) Paul has had very limited time in all of the debates and most of the questions have been geared to put Paul on the spot and defend what he believes.  He's used that time to let people know why he's right.  If he had used that time to ignore the question and go after Obama he'd be even lower in the polls.  Look at fucking Santorum, even when he was far below Paul in the polls he usually got twice if not more time than Paul so he can afford to attack Obama.  Come on, have you been watching these debates?

And isn't it funny that Paul is polling higher than Santorum right before the last night's primary vote and he loses to Santorum... hmmm... and the joke that happened in Iowa.... The truth may very well be that Paul did better than it looks like he did.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 08:04:02 AM »

He attacks the policies of Obama, not his character, mainly because Obama's character is not brought up in the REPUBLICAN nominating process... That is also why Ron Paul has greater appeal among general election voters - he is not seen as some rabid, frothing at the mouth, Big-R Republican who only says the things he does because a Democrat is in the White House.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 08:04:57 AM »
When 3333 has said this in the past I've gone out and gotten examples for him of where Paul has directly attacked Obama or the ideas put forth by Obama but some how this has never been good enough for 3333...  I think 3333 needs Paul to stand on stage and call Obama a communist traitor that wants to destroy America.  He's not happy with Paul just making a case for why Obama's ideas don't work and are unconstitutional.  He wants Paul to be a little more like Ann Coulter or something.

I'm saying what works w GOP primary voters.    As an Obama voter and someone who donated money to him, you don't get.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 08:06:39 AM »
I'm saying what works w GOP primary voters.    As an Obama voter and someone who donated money to him, you don't get.
Go fuck yourself, now just answer the goddamned simple questions put to you...

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 08:10:02 AM »
3333, I understand your approach, and quite frankly like it, but you have to understand that your approach is not the only approach that's good for winning. Your approach is to appeal to the already existing Republican base. Ron Paul's approach is to add new people into the Republican base. Whether you like it or not, the kind of heated rhetoric you're advocating turns off most people and is not a good strategy for adding new voters.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 08:10:07 AM »
He attacks the policies of Obama, not his character, mainly because Obama's character is not brought up in the REPUBLICAN nominating process... That is also why Ron Paul has greater appeal among general election voters - he is not seen as some rabid, frothing at the mouth, Big-R Republican who only says the things he does because a Democrat is in the White House.

I am talking about the primary, not the general.  And yes, Obama needs to be attacked like the survival of this nation depends on it.   anything less will fail.