Author Topic: Shocking!!! T.O. is Broke.  (Read 12259 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: Shocking!!! T.O. is Broke.
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 07:29:50 AM »
My wife is a fan of his reality show so I catch it from time to time. When he went home to Alabama I got the impression that he financially supports his entire extended family. That can suck someone dry in a hurry.

i remember some other nfl player (i think  ???) who went broke a year or so ago. all the people he had bankrolled through the years turned their backs on him  ::)

there was a thread on here about him.. maybe ended up sleeping and living in his car

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 07:30:37 AM »
f him. I got my own finances to worry about. No sympathy.

x2

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 07:31:10 AM »
i remember some other nfl player (i think  ???) who went broke a year or so ago. all the people he had bankrolled through the years turned their backs on him  ::)

there was a thread on here about him.. maybe ended up sleeping and living in his car
Mike Webster did that.

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 07:36:52 AM »
what---a--stupid---idiot--

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 07:38:34 AM »
I don't think he's "broke-broke". There is a difference between Rich people broke, and regular people broke.
Remember, Michael Jackson was supposed to be "broke" as well...but, I bet at that time be could of bought a luxury car of his choice, but if a regular person was "broke" , fat chance in that happening.

And extended families can lay a guilt trip on you, "Oh, so you can have a big NFL contract, but you can't help uncle Leroy with his dialysis."

"oh, so you can drive a Mercedes, but you can't help cousin Jah-Jah fix his credit so that he can buy a car."

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »

The wife and him have grown accustomed to a billionaire lifestyle that no matter how much he makes will put them under.     

You make a good point.

What the GB locals don't quite "get" is is that even if you make 1 mill a year BUT spend 2 mill a year you're still BROKE & in debt!

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 07:48:19 AM »
Mike Webster did that.

cheers.

must be a fucker to lose everything and end up like that.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 07:48:39 AM »
Now maybe this fuckhead will finally be humbled...going from top NFL star to absolute zero.
The worst part isn't how he squandered $80 million by his own doing (grown men take responsibility and not blame agents because he fucking PAID those agents) The worst part are the people who feel sympathy and pity for this tool. Even 1/10th of that would set up a lot of smart and responsible people for life.

There are families being raised on $40K to $50K a fucking year...and this asshole can't avoid "financial troubles" on $80 million in a decade.

TO still can probably land some NFL hosting/commentating gig or VH1 will probably pay him some money to do some reality show.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 07:51:07 AM »

The wife and him have grown accustomed to a billionaire lifestyle that no matter how much he makes will put them under.     
Billionaire lifestyle?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 07:53:22 AM »
Billionaire lifestyle?

Yes.   Private jets, hanging w buffett, lavish vacations, lavish eating and dining, $500 sneakers, etc.   They are already shopping for a megal mansion here in NY along the south shore in the Hamptons, etc.   

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 07:54:16 AM »
They have absolutely no idea about financial "sense."  Not a clue about investing, markets, financial securities.  They probably don't even know how to put money into a fucking savings account.  All they do is spend spend spend...  ::)

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »
now just another freegan getbigger =/
X

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 07:56:51 AM »

I know that former Ravens DB Chris McCallister squandered something to the effect of 52 mil. He was on the Super Bowl squad that was all-time great. Last I read he had been reduced to living in his boyhood bedroom at his mom's house. After I heard about it I was astonished that he hadn't bought his mom a luxury home upon being drafted. Maybe his mom had some down to earth financial sense that he didn't listen too.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 08:06:01 AM »
Mike Webster did that.

Saddest story in NFL History..

also one of the best centers in history

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 08:07:07 AM »
Yes.   Private jets, hanging w buffett, lavish vacations, lavish eating and dining, $500 sneakers, etc.   They are already shopping for a megal mansion here in NY along the south shore in the Hamptons, etc.   
Uh, The Prez has his own jet, yes paid for by us the people.
Mansion, ha, just like Bush looking for property in S America, eh?

I guess Obama should tell his cooking staff that everybody will be eating PBJ and ham sandwiches.
So, he'll cut the staff to one, his wife. And everybody is going to wear potato sacks for clothing---oh my bad, recycled potato sacks.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 08:10:26 AM »
I know that former Ravens DB Chris McCallister squandered something to the effect of 52 mil. He was on the Super Bowl squad that was all-time great. Last I read he had been reduced to living in his boyhood bedroom at his mom's house. After I heard about it I was astonished that he hadn't bought his mom a luxury home upon being drafted. Maybe his mom had some down to earth financial sense that he didn't listen too.

don't the nfl school and advice these players in matters such as looking after your finances ?

i'm pretty sure that most english football clubs are always running courses about everything from money to drugs and hoes

MikMaq

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 08:12:35 AM »
With the exception of real estate which can be an investment, the rest he'll most likely be giving for free, as unlike bush, people actually like the guy. Anyhow melt away bitch.

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »
That's too bad.  However, I wouldn't say that I'm shocked.  People that earn money in sports are often not familiar with how to manage it because they don't come from money.  They didn't grow their fortune in a natural way, they are just fortunate that they have a talent.  They got a big chunk of money in a short time and they are ill prepared to make it grow or even last them until age 40.

Sucks to be him.  Fortunately for a while he will be able to earn a modest sum just by being TO.  Reality shows, personal appearances, etc.  
Come at me Bro!

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 08:16:00 AM »
hes broke but still has 100k in da bank

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2012, 08:20:25 AM »
Hasn't he already faked a couple suicides? He isn't long for this world without $$$.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2012, 08:21:33 AM »
don't the nfl school and advice these players in matters such as looking after your finances ?  

i have a nfl theory on that one too like the playoffs.  yes, the nfl and nba do, but the players keep going under within 10yrs.  nfl owners provide their financial officers via those schools they set up, and the advisors have players invest in dummy companies setup by the owners.  hence, the owners over time recoup most of those mega-contracts.  there is no other way that money guys fuck off all those millions with so called advisers given to them by the nfl and nba trust.

of course guys like jordan, willie gault, magic, etc, etc, etc pass on the advisers and meet their own in the real world.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2012, 08:25:14 AM »
I bet that while T.O. is now considered "broke", he is still richer than any recent Mr. Olympias (Coleman, Cutler, Heath).

"1"

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2012, 08:33:55 AM »
i have a nfl theory on that one too like the playoffs.  yes, the nfl and nba do, but the players keep going under within 10yrs.  nfl owners provide their financial officers via those schools they set up, and the advisors have players invest in dummy companies setup by the owners.  hence, the owners over time recoup most of those mega-contracts.  there is no other way that money guys fuck off all those millions with so called advisers given to them by the nfl and nba trust.

of course guys like jordan, willie gault, magic, etc, etc, etc pass on the advisers and meet their own in the real world.

I think you are right. I remember an article in the Washington Post Sunday Magazine on Jordan. This was back in HS (there was one on Kevin Levrone as well).
It talked about his agent, who was a big time agent, but he was very savvy with money, and Joran and him meshed...

Now Jordan has a flourishing Motorcycling racing team, I believe he still has his dealership and other ventures...
These dudes get huge contracts right out the gates, poor financial advice, big eyes, and all the other trappings. It's a recipe for disaster, especially when you didn't have a father figure, or witness your parents saving money (or in my father's case, being cheaper than a hobo).

So, something doesn't add up, I think there needs to be an investigation into these "financial advisors" and where the money actually goes.