Author Topic: Shocking!!! T.O. is Broke.  (Read 12257 times)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
Shocking!!! T.O. is Broke.
« on: January 25, 2012, 05:51:59 AM »
How can this be? 80million over his career and it's all his agents fault + bad biz ventures!!

What ever happened to putting money in a good old fashioned Roth IRA, CD and savings account?

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201201/terrell-owens-gq-jeremiah-trotter-told-me-not-apologize-donovan-mcnabb

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
Re: Shocking!!! T.O. is Broke.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 05:53:25 AM »
Black ::)
Thunderdome approved

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 05:55:26 AM »
To be black and have some financial sense, you'd actually need to be part-jew (Wiggs) or gay (Goodrum).

If either of these prominent getbiggers had Owens money before this, they would have made that fortune grow even bigger.

Actually, he trusted the wrong people.

"It's not a matter of having lived too large -- he was never the type to stockpile Ferraris or build himself a compound; the flashiest car he ever drove was a Mercedes, and while he indeed racked up a few homes that cost as much as $4 million, the only crib he classifies as even mildly sick by pro-ball standards was the one he bought in Atlanta to live in during the Philly off-season.

The problem, he says, is that he's by nature too trusting, loyal to a fault, despite everyone's carping that he's selfish. It's the sad old stereotypical song of the up-from-nothing black athlete: He let other people take care of things."

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 05:59:09 AM »
To be black and have some financial sense, you'd actually need to be part-jew (Wiggs) or gay (Goodrum).

If either of these prominent getbiggers had Owens money before this, they would have made that fortune grow even bigger.

Actually, he trusted the wrong people.

"It's not a matter of having lived too large -- he was never the type to stockpile Ferraris or build himself a compound; the flashiest car he ever drove was a Mercedes, and while he indeed racked up a few homes that cost as much as $4 million, the only crib he classifies as even mildly sick by pro-ball standards was the one he bought in Atlanta to live in during the Philly off-season.

The problem, he says, is that he's by nature too trusting, loyal to a fault, despite everyone's carping that he's selfish. It's the sad old stereotypical song of the up-from-nothing black athlete: He let other people take care of things."

LOL OF course!!! As if one must be part of some sort of esoteric pursuit to hold onto their fortune! ::) ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 06:00:49 AM »
How can this be? 80million over his career and it's all his agents fault + bad biz ventures!!

Say what??

"1"

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 06:02:06 AM »
Black ::)

in the article it says he wasn't a lavish spender  ???

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 06:03:20 AM »
f him. I got my own finances to worry about. No sympathy.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 06:05:44 AM »
I thought he had those two niggerettes working for him. Weren't they suppose to help make smarter moves with his money?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 06:10:37 AM »
if i was in his shoes. my money would have been in the bank... and thats it.

this fucking obsession with making investments to earn yet more. how much is ever enough? 80mil is more than enough for one lifetime. you could live of just the interest alone .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 06:13:17 AM »
anyone who earns $1 million on their own is shrewd enough to keep it (most of the time).  They know the hard work it took to get there.  And they know how to make a living should they lose it. 

ANyone who is just given that much money for a one-time luck (lottery ticket) or short term athletic prowess (NFL contract) can't replenish it, and often doesn't have that hustle gene that is required to earn/preserve that kinda money.

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »
if i was in his shoes. my money would have been in the bank... and thats it.

this fucking obsession with making investments to earn yet more. how much is ever enough? 80mil is more than enough for one lifetime. you could live of just the interest alone .

its true. but he had hundreds of "brothas" and "familiy" probably trying to get him to sponsor an entourage. these guys travel by the bus loads lol. mama is taking 1/3 straight off the top, ya dig? then a nikka gots to shine his shoes, ya feel me? and the rest? well, a playas a playa but TO needs him some of the fine shit, a glass o da good shit. word up. hey where mah moneyz goed? :o ;D

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 06:16:19 AM »
anyone who earns $1 million on their own is shrewd enough to keep it (most of the time).  They know the hard work it took to get there.  And they know how to make a living should they lose it. 

ANyone who is just given that much money for a one-time luck (lottery ticket) or short term athletic prowess (NFL contract) can't replenish it, and often doesn't have that hustle gene that is required to earn/preserve that kinda money.

Would work if you have common sense also. Give me a million dollar and I would be set for life.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »

Correct.

"1"

L.L

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 06:18:37 AM »

What ever happened to putting money in a good old fashioned Roth IRA, CD and savings account?

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201201/terrell-owens-gq-jeremiah-trotter-told-me-not-apologize-donovan-mcnabb

white women !!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 06:21:02 AM »

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 06:32:10 AM »

Spender of peace  ::) ::)

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 07:07:54 AM »
My wife is a fan of his reality show so I catch it from time to time. When he went home to Alabama I got the impression that he financially supports his entire extended family. That can suck someone dry in a hurry.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 07:08:48 AM »
Obama will be broke like this within 5 years of leaving office too.

As for T.O. , nothing new.  Something like 75% of NFL players are broke within 3 years of their careeer ending.  

Same thing w Basketball players.      

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 07:20:26 AM »

All former presidents are granted a pension, an office and a staff.   Obama will make $200k a year just for being Obama. 

This, of course, ignores the fact he made 1.8 mil BEFORE he entered office.  He'll be paid WORLDWIDE to give speeches.  He's gonna see clinton money when he leaves office.

33,, you hate him, and that's cool, but be logical here - obama will be worth $100 mil, in two years out of office.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 07:22:29 AM »

As for T.O. , nothing new.  Something like 75% of NFL players are broke within 3 years of their careeer ending.  

Same thing w Basketball players.      

No Obama wont , he'll make a MINT off of speaking engagements

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 07:23:46 AM »
All former presidents are granted a pension, an office and a staff.   Obama will make $200k a year just for being Obama. 

This, of course, ignores the fact he made 1.8 mil BEFORE he entered office.  He'll be paid WORLDWIDE to give speeches.  He's gonna see clinton money when he leaves office.

33,, you hate him, and that's cool, but be logical here - obama will be worth $100 mil, in two years out of office.

He's a fucking idiot, he'll say anything hateful about the President before thinking it through.  What I find hilarious, is Obama and every other minority he wastes his life hating have no clue nor care he even exists. And he types likes he's making a difference....70k+ hahahaha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 07:25:33 AM »
He's a fucking idiot, he'll say anything hateful about the President before thinking it through.  What I find hilarious, is Obama and every other minority he wastes his life hating have no clue nor care he even exists. And he types likes he's making a difference....70k+ hahahaha

The wife and him have grown accustomed to a billionaire lifestyle that no matter how much he makes will put them under.     

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 07:25:40 AM »
^THIS^

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 07:26:25 AM »
I'm sure the president has his staff working feverishly to try and handle the issues that 33 brings up.  ::)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 07:27:54 AM »

The wife and him have grown accustomed to a billionaire lifestyle that no matter how much he makes will put them under.     

Yes, a Harvard grad and his wife a Colombia grad... ::) ::)
Yeah, that's gonna happen ::)