Author Topic: Shocking!!! T.O. is Broke.  (Read 12274 times)

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
Re: Shocking!!! T.O. is Broke.
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2012, 08:34:26 AM »
I know that the league has guys like Cris Carter and Herm Edwards brief the rookies. But, you can't make someone pay attention.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 08:36:28 AM »
Sweet Jesus how the fuck do you blow 100 mil?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2012, 08:38:55 AM »
I think you are right. I remember an article in the Washington Post Sunday Magazine on Jordan. This was back in HS (there was one on Kevin Levrone as well).
It talked about his agent, who was a big time agent, but he was very savvy with money, and Joran and him meshed...

Now Jordan has a flourishing Motorcycling racing team, I believe he still has his dealership and other ventures...
These dudes get huge contracts right out the gates, poor financial advice, big eyes, and all the other trappings. It's a recipe for disaster, especially when you didn't have a father figure, or witness your parents saving money (or in my father's case, being cheaper than a hobo).

So, something doesn't add up, I think there needs to be an investigation into these "financial advisors" and where the money actually goes.

hate juanita or not, she handled alot of his stuff early on, including neg for the nike deal, so her little $125M was a fair settlement.  who knows, but those nfl and nba financial classes are BS!  

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012, 08:44:30 AM »
The answer is in your question, right before "100".
hate juanita or not, she handled alot of his stuff early on, including neg for the nike deal, so her little $125M was a fair settlement.  who knows, but those nfl and nba financial classes are BS! 
Quite true, he can't say she wasn't "hands on" unlike a lot of these trifling "basketball wives".

the trainer

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2012, 08:47:42 AM »

Very simple just get married twice.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »
I bet that while T.O. is now considered "broke", he is still richer than any recent Mr. Olympias (Coleman, Cutler, Heath).

"1"

Sure  ::)

Jay Cutler could buy NFL any day on his way to gym if he saw that as a good business  ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2012, 08:49:27 AM »

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2012, 08:50:56 AM »

He can always sell ass.

Or come to fold tables at Mr. Olympia competition press conference.

8) Hahah

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »
'She's flat broke': Whitney Houston 'has spent her $100m fortune'
By Leah Simpson

She’s about to make her big screen comeback in the remake of Sparkle with popstar Jordin Sparks but Whitney Houston is reportedly 'broke'.

The 48-year-old singer - who has overcome crack cocaine addiction - has allegedly spent all of her fortune, including a reported $100million record deal.

Whitney is being financially supported by her record label Arista, which has given her an advance payment on her next album, according to reports.

Broke: Whitney Houston has apparently spent her all of her fortune

‘Whitney's fortune is gone. Music industry heavy hitters are supporting her and her label is fronting her cash against her next album, but no one knows when that will be released’ a source told Radaronline.com.
 More...She's back! Whitney Houston shines as Jordin Sparks' mother in remake of musical movie Sparkle

‘She might be homeless if not for people saving her. She is broke as a joke.’
Whitney - whose ex-husband is Bobby Brown - is believed to be in such a dire financial position she has even had to resort to contacting friends for small loans.

The source added: ‘She called someone to ask for $100. It is so sad. She should have Mariah Carey money, and she's flat broke.’
A spokesperson for the singer strongly denied the claims when contacted by MailOnline and said: 'That is ridiculous and not true! She stars in SPARKLE out in August which she also Exec produced. She just wrapped the film.'

Bad finance: The star reportedly signed a six-album deal worth $100 million in 2001

In August 2001, Whitney signed the biggest record deal in music history at the time with Arista/BMG, renewing her contract with the label for $100million to deliver six new albums.

She released her last LP I Look to You in August 2009.

In August, her first film since 1996’s The Preacher’s Wife will hit cinemas in the US and Houston plays, Emma, the mother of Sparks’ character, Sparkle.
 Making a comeback: The singer/actress is set to star in Sparkle alongside Jordin Sparks when the movie is released in August

In a new shot from the flick, the pair can be seen all glammed up for the new version of the blockbuster about how a girl group experiences turmoil after one of their members turns to drugs and another achieves their desired fame alone.
Houston said: ‘Part of the fun of making this movie is definitely the costumes and the hairstyles. The movie is set in 1963, and we had a great wardrobe, hair and makeup person and I loved wearing the outfits.’

Co-star Jordin spoke highly of the diva to People magazine.
‘She was so cool and very motherly toward me. If I ever looked like I needed something, here she came saying 'Are you okay?'
‘I sang her songs into a hairbrush when I was little. Now she's acting as my mum and scolding me. It was a dream come true.’

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »
The Obama years haven't been good for TO.

I doubt he'll vote for that idiot again.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 08:52:43 AM »

Actually... I bet he can be the guy that walks up and down the stairs at stadium yelling  "Popcorn, popcorn, anyone? Popcorn"

Hahaha  8)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 08:52:49 AM »
@7:25  "Terrell has 25 million reasons why he should be alive"    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

@5:25 "he takes many supplaments , he is trying to get back on the field"  ::) ::) ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2012, 08:54:04 AM »
These idiots need to have appointed financial controllers by the NFL over them.   They are not capable of managing their own affairs. 

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2012, 08:56:15 AM »

If everyone just saved and saved, economy would be stagnated.

You should be happy he tried his best to boost the economy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »

If everyone just saved and saved, economy would be stagnated.

You should be happy he tried his best to boost the economy.

False - saving is good for the economy since it provides banks with liquidity to lend to businesses to start businesses and expand. 

Consumption of cheap chinese crap does not help anyone in the long term but the chinese.   

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2012, 09:05:20 AM »
I need to get a job as a financial advisor to black athletes and milk them of their money.  I need to change my name to Jesse Jewbergenstein.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2012, 09:23:19 AM »
False - saving is good for the economy since it provides banks with liquidity to lend to businesses to start businesses and expand.  

Consumption of cheap chinese crap does not help anyone in the long term but the chinese.    

well of course, if assuming that someone buys the stuff these companies produce. There is no point founding a company if there are no markets.
Someone must consume to keep the economy growing !!

what comes to individuals saving for providing banks the liquidity... I think central banks take pretty good care of providing liquidity for banks these days  :-X

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2012, 09:30:01 AM »
We hea to taks it all Mr Owen... please go now

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2012, 09:31:54 AM »
These idiots need to have appointed financial controllers by the NFL over them.   They are not capable of managing their own affairs. 
And you can't control your big mouth. Maybe we should appoint someone for that, eh?

You can't legislate common sense, moron.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
We were just talking about how possibly the financial advisers are employed by the owners to have the players invest in dummy corps...

If what you said was done, it means that chances are the money will again be put back in the owners pockets

i think, unless you have Jay Leno money and are a true enthusiast, you should leave the high end cars alone (and the stupid customizing and rims). They are nothing but money pits---granted many rare cars the depreciation is less than a Honda accord, and will actually be worth more---those are rare and few and far between. Many of those cars that "ballers" get aren't worth half of what they paid for in few yrs, add those stupid custom rims and stereos, you have a shitcan.

Get with dudes with like Buffet and others who live conservative lives, but make their money work for them.
Stop buying jewelry like you are trying to look like Brian Pumper.
Stop buying fur coats, your name is not Diddy, or Goldie.
Oh, and most importantly, those women don't like you for you, but for your money...and don't wife them up...and flush the condoms.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2012, 09:42:26 AM »
nobody in this whole thread has it right, none of you actually know why he is broke, and that he did not have to do anything in order to be broke, he could have been very smart and still would be broke today

he got hustled plane and simple, he did not even get hustled that hard, because he's not truly broke, he's down to his last millions and it is his new financial advisors who tell him to say he is broke and to start panicking. because he still is not nervous, he sees 1.76 million in his bank account and thinks he's fine, he's not fine because there's still sharks in the water who can swipe it from him easily

at least he's not mike tyson he truly got swindled and owes hundreds of millions

first to address the ghetto mentality of most blacks with money: they are entering into a world which they think does not respect them, they are very uncomfortable in suits and sweaters, they shake hands nervously with the whites who have inhabited that world, and they quickly look for someone who can be their friend, someone who they can trust and will stand up fo rthem in the world of rich men

the problem is the rich men don't like them, they dont want to be their friends, so the inly friends they make are the ones after their money. they only make friends with sharks who behind their backs compete to swindle them out of the most money. and even after they stole from them, there is never an "i told u so" moment on the part of th ehustler, there is never the pointed finger and the laugh, from the beginning to the end the shark is friendly with his target. at the poker table there is talk of that was a good play, tyrone, u got some balls. on the golf course there is talk of you gotta look out for yourself, dont trust anybody tyrone, btw put your hips into the swing.

it's a looooong con, a con that never ends, when owens dies the sons of people who swindled him will send flowers to his funeral, that's how long

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2012, 09:43:10 AM »
I think you are right. I remember an article in the Washington Post Sunday Magazine on Jordan. This was back in HS (there was one on Kevin Levrone as well).
It talked about his agent, who was a big time agent, but he was very savvy with money, and Joran and him meshed...

Now Jordan has a flourishing Motorcycling racing team, I believe he still has his dealership and other ventures...
These dudes get huge contracts right out the gates, poor financial advice, big eyes, and all the other trappings. It's a recipe for disaster, especially when you didn't have a father figure, or witness your parents saving money (or in my father's case, being cheaper than a hobo).

So, something doesn't add up, I think there needs to be an investigation into these "financial advisors" and where the money actually goes.

lets not forget that no racing team is profitable. no motorcycle dealership is gonna profitable in an MJ way. I suspect jordan really lucked out with his air jordan marque and for that he can thank phil knight and the brothas that seem to obsess more over sneakers than women do over heels

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2012, 09:45:24 AM »
no, jordan is in another league all together, if he didnt play basketball today he would be a rich whatever he wanted to be, he;s a guy who no matter what winds up with all the chips at the end of the day

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »

Get with dudes with like Buffet and others who live conservative lives, but make their money work for them.

Ahh, Mr. Buffett !! True inspiration for every human being.

The greatest American IMO. Very motivational (not saying that anyone can do what he has done and accomplished but his views of life and things are valuable for everyone).
I have read his story, the book brick "Snowball".

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2012, 09:52:04 AM »
What apply85 said...
lets not forget that no racing team is profitable. no motorcycle dealership is gonna profitable in an MJ way. I suspect jordan really lucked out with his air jordan marque and for that he can thank phil knight and the brothas that seem to obsess more over sneakers than women do over heels
Rusty, from what I read, in the mags, Jordan's Suzuki team is/has doing well, of course there were hiccups when he started...he has good riders, and a good bike supplier...I don't follow the sport that closely, but I think they have had some podium finishes.

Jordan owes his mystique to Nike, and to a certain University of Maryland player who died.

The first Jordans were ugly, but everybody remembers that jumpman picture.
Then let's not forget Spike Lee's commericals (and he was a knicks fan)...the foundation was laid by Dean Smith, at Ball So Hard University aka North Carolina.

Knight only put the strategy together...Nike was the marketing behind it.