Author Topic: Is True Altruism Possible?  (Read 11535 times)

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
Re: Is True Altruism Possible?
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2012, 06:42:06 AM »
oops

This is a little gem that was brought to my attention. 

I can not take credit for the beauty in the following information and will keep the source anonymous as to show respect for the fellow forum member.

It was brought to my attention that a gimmick here by the name of 'Cigaretteman' has been "nuthuggin" Suckmymuscle on various threads as of recent.. 

Well, the truth has revealed that the paraplegia-inducing, canine destroyer who just so happens to be a genetically engineered superhuman has been using a gimmick to reply to his own posts, LOL!

It's been an outing waiting to happen and light should be shed upon this fountain of truth.

Closely examine CigaretteMan's early posts and their striking similarity to SMMs posts and the truth shall set you, or better said him, free: 

SMM:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=4908;sa=showPosts

Cigaretteman:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=27918;sa=showPosts

"1"

pWnd

omg I can't believe I haven't caught on that earlier.. looking at the post history it's so fucking obvious lmao!

mwaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha, total outing, this is the icing on the cake, this is!!!!

SMM, I can see you're online, you little snivelling cunt, what's the matter, is the going too rough, now? ;D Is your monster 200 points IQ not of any use to you in this situation? :P

Come on lad, give us one of those famous 50pt font meltdowns ;D

Definately the same poster....can you say OWNED once again ?

GEEZUS,the shit just keeps on a coming! ;D

ROFLLLLLL hahah that gimmick account is so obvious wtf? how did I miss that?

Hahah , Onemorerep destroying SMM rectum.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2012, 08:12:38 AM »
oops

It is amazing the space I occupy on your mind. It is amazing that anything even fits there since your mind is so small, unlike the gap of your asshole...keep stalking me, troll. At the end of the day, I am still more intelligent, taller and better-looking than you and you will be forever known as the queer with a man-crush on a WWE clown. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »
  It is amazing the space I occupy on your mind. It is amazing that anything even fits there since your mind is so small, unlike the gap of your asshole...keep stalking me, troll. At the end of the day, I am still more intelligent, taller and better-looking than you and you will be forever known as the queer with a man-crush on a WWE clown. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

lol who cares, you're a fucking joke. It's beyond obvious at this point that you're just a low-life nobody sitting in front of the computer most of the day making up your own reality. You haven't backed up A SINGLE FUCKING CLAIM that you've ever made. And you never will. It's pathetic but at the same time amusing to know that there are people out there that really do believe their own lies.
from incomplete data

suckmymuscle

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »
lol who cares, you're a fucking joke. It's beyond obvious at this point that you're just a low-life nobody sitting in front of the computer most of the day making up your own reality. You haven't backed up A SINGLE FUCKING CLAIM that you've ever made. And you never will. It's pathetic but at the same time amusing to know that there are people out there that really do believe their own lies.

Lol, dude, if you could only see me in real life... ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2012, 01:01:10 PM »
  Lol, dude, if you could only see me in real life... ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Why don't you post a pic then Cigarettemandeerrr sucky?
from incomplete data

Xerxes

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2012, 01:08:36 PM »
>trying to start a real discusssion
>on getbig

I seriously hope y...... ....

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2012, 06:03:44 AM »
Finally revealed
I meant "women studies"...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2012, 06:33:42 AM »
Perhaps this is why the Christian cult spread. Jesus, if he actually existed, is the only person that was altruistic in the truest sense. He sacrificed his life for the sins of mankind according to legend.

But if you conceive of humans or life as not separate entities--but eyes of a whole. We are not selfish, because in helping others we are helping life in it's entirety. This is a very abstract way of thinking about it... Otherwise, yes, most actions are partially selfish. You would have to dissolve the ego entirely to act unselfishly. Outside of Jesus, perhaps a self-immolating buddhist monk is the closest thing that exist. The will to live--the ego--is selfishness.

But extreme selfisness, somewhat ironically, doesn't serve the self. It's self-defeating.
You know, this post is like I just wrote this in my sleep...

I have done things out of the kindness of my heart---just because...And i get this feeling in my being, that is a good feeling...I believe true selflessness, helps not just our soul, but the soul collective I firmly believe that my purpose was not to be a "star" in the sky, but to help those get there...and admire the "stars in the sky", I am content not being the richest (yes I love the cars), but when you look and deal with a person as a human being, instead of societal labels there is this feeling of oneness of souls,,,

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2012, 06:39:57 AM »
I meant "women studies"...

Haha, yeah I bet it's the same as with studies like anthropology and sociology, lots of nerdy alternative girls I guess.

BTW, last weekend I created an optimization algorithm, called Differential Evolution, another example that biological principles can be helpful to solve complex optimization problems.

Stavios

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2012, 07:09:13 AM »
True Adonism is possible

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2012, 11:29:03 AM »
You know, this post is like I just wrote this in my sleep...

I have done things out of the kindness of my heart---just because...And i get this feeling in my being, that is a good feeling...I believe true selflessness, helps not just our soul, but the soul collective I firmly believe that my purpose was not to be a "star" in the sky, but to help those get there...and admire the "stars in the sky", I am content not being the richest (yes I love the cars), but when you look and deal with a person as a human being, instead of societal labels there is this feeling of oneness of souls,,,
helping others makes you feel good about yourself, its soemthing youve learned  over time

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2012, 12:29:47 PM »
 I was thinking about selfishness the other day, and about how we define all morality by interpreting relations between the Self towards others. Most of what passes for selflessness is a convenient form of selfishness. Consider the businessman who invests his money to improve schools around the area his industry is based. He does it because it improves his self-image if not his image as perceived by others. It could also be because the children will be his future corporate drones, and better trained drones will make him more money. Even if genuinelly cares about the children, it is because he perceives that a life with employment at an office or factory is the best life possible, because to him it is. If to the children in their hearts their ideal life would be to be a musician living on the road outside corporate life is irrelevant to him, because it is not what he regards as the ideal life.

Now consider philantropy. Warren Buffet and Bill Gates have given billions to charity. Have they done it because they truly care about the indigent and destituted? Or have they done it because it improves their imagine with the public, which might lead them to make in profits more money than they have given to the charities? Warren Buffet is a an old man, and he knows his time is almost up. Maybe all those billions are eseentially to buy people to like him, so that he might survive death if only in name. Since he can't live forever enjoying the good life, his only chance for immortality is to survive in the memories of people as a good man. Pure selfishness. The Christians likewise are good towards others because they hope they will be rewarded by eternal life in paradise.

Now try to imagine altruism in it's purest form. You don't want someone to burn to death in a burning building, or starve or be tortured because you wouldn't want it to happen to you. You transfer to others your own ego. So it seems that even in it's purest form, altruism is a form of self-concern.

So altruism appears to be at worst a convenient form of selfishness where you benefit others to some degree but hope to benefit from this act more and try to convince yourself that you are benefitting others to the same degree, and at best it appears to be a form of narcissism, where you turn others into extensions of yourself and don't want them to experience that pain because you can and don't want it to happen to you.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Wasn't this already the basis for an episode of "friends?"  Furthermore...who cares?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2012, 12:53:46 PM »
Haha, yeah I bet it's the same as with studies like anthropology and sociology, lots of nerdy alternative girls I guess.

BTW, last weekend I created an optimization algorithm, called Differential Evolution, another example that biological principles can be helpful to solve complex optimization problems.
Friend of mine studied bio-maths, works in the US now with all kinds of applications based on evolutionary principles. Really interesting stuff he´s amazing with it. Then again I wonder he can squat more than an empty bar... ;D

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2012, 01:26:25 PM »
helping others makes you feel good about yourself, its soemthing youve learned  over time

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."

Toomanydongz, this is what you do:

You hear something, and without analyzing it and trying to understand the underlying meaning,
you just say, "NO!" and change the direction of the conversation, with the fervency of a terrible two year old.
It's like you can't abstract anything from the immediate meaning, can't think one step ahead, it's all just NO NO!" says the two year old...

So while the rest of us have moved on, agreed, or provided a compelling counter point, you simultaneously misunderstand and believe yourself to be a genius.
So the conversations has to backtrack, as you drag people in to debating every inane "NO!" that to everyone else is obvious.
You argue for the sake of arguing--to try to prove to everyone that you're smart. But it's pretty clear that you're a dumbass.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »
True Adonism is possible
But is it only gay if you want it to be ?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2012, 04:01:48 PM »

You hear something, and without analyzing it and trying to understand the underlying meaning,
you just say, "NO!" and change the direction of the conversation, with the fervency of a terrible two year old.
It's like you can't abstract anything from the immediate meaning, can't think one step ahead, it's all just NO NO!" says the two year old...

So while the rest of us have moved on, agreed, or provided a compelling counter point, you simultaneously misunderstand and believe yourself to be a genius.
So the conversations has to backtrack, as you drag people in to debating every inane "NO!" that to everyone else is obvious.
You argue for the sake of arguing--to try to prove to everyone that you're smart. But it's pretty clear that you're a dumbass.

QFT!!!!

I have said it before and I'll say it again: "Tbombz" is a Cumstein who believes himself to be an Einstein.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »
seriously tbombz- do you realize that everyone on this webforum thinks you're a shithead?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »
Friend of mine studied bio-maths, works in the US now with all kinds of applications based on evolutionary principles. Really interesting stuff he´s amazing with it. Then again I wonder he can squat more than an empty bar... ;D

Reminds me on a guy I used to work with; background in physics, extremely analytic & detail oriented, but he looks like a teletubby and makes uber-lame jokes, haha.
Yes, those evolutionary principles are both interesting and promising. Last year I also created a particle swarm optimization algorithm, which is based on social behavior in swarms (particles, birds, fish, etc) in order to find food or while escaping from predators; still work in progress BTW.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2012, 11:18:56 AM »
Reminds me on a guy I used to work with; background in physics, extremely analytic & detail oriented, but he looks like a teletubby and makes uber-lame jokes, haha.
Yes, those evolutionary principles are both interesting and promising. Last year I also created a particle swarm optimization algorithm, which is based on social behavior in swarms (particles, birds, fish, etc) in order to find food or while escaping from predators; still work in progress BTW.
WTF is this your work or your hobby?   Other friend of mine does things with fractals, very cool.. 8)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »

I'm currently studying mathematics and I'm starting to enjoy it quite a bit and find it fascinating. I'm intrigued by this algorithm you mentioned and I'd love too see it laid out if you don't mind.. just out of sheer curiosity.
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2012, 03:08:44 PM »

and what "no" are you refering to ?  ;D where am i incorrect ?   ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2012, 03:17:37 PM »
I'm currently studying mathematics and I'm starting to enjoy it quite a bit and find it fascinating. I'm intrigued by this algorithm you mentioned and I'd love too see it laid out if you don't mind.. just out of sheer curiosity.

Well, I can't reveal my code, if that's what you ask (sorry), but its Wiki page is a good starting point, where you can find the basic pseudo code. The two most important steps are the particle's velocity update and it's new position. You can find many code samples on this page. For visuals, check Youtube, but most of them are not/poorly documented.
BTW, I suck in mathematics  ;)

Here's a good overview about evolutionary/biologically inspired search algorithms.