Author Topic: multi vitamins??  (Read 5415 times)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: multi vitamins??
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 12:41:03 AM »
Animal pack is a great product IMO

http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?ID=7

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 01:35:34 AM »
LOL at Tay-tay, posting that shit right after the thread in G&O!!

& some one in that thread said he knows more about BB'ing than most, ppffftttttt!! I clearly stated that I did nutritional science at uni, still he talks shit right after me like he knows the 1st thing about nutrition. I shall have to quote that post in the G&O thread. Un-fucking-believable. Filthy little untermensch

PT
Sent on my BlackBerry R from Vodafone
Growth/noob loves me

e.coli

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 03:29:41 AM »
Multi vitamins are totally useless except if your have special disease.

But all the multivitamins you see that are selling for "athlete" are totally crap. Much are way to much overdose they put 500% more than required and they think you ll buy it cause if you ll say to yourself wawoo 500% more excellent ! because they know that most of "athlete" think more = better.

If you really think you need multi vitamin only the pharmaceutical grade are good and low dose. Juice plus is ok.

But you really don't need it.

At the end its your money.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 08:24:29 AM »
I take:
Multi
B-Complex
Fish oil
Coq10
Vitamin D
Red Yeast Rice
Milk Thistle
Vitamin E
Zinc
Saw Palmetto
Glucosamine

FACT:There is no supplement safer and more effective for bringing down lipids than Red Yeast Rice. I have the bloodwork to prove it. 1200mgs daily.
T

danabol

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 08:52:39 AM »
if you think your gonna get all you need out of the food you eat every day then ide think again..

there is no way you can do it ...

this is what i have every day..there is no way i could get this every day out of the food i eat..

1 of each every day,

1 multi vit,
1 calcium with vit D3,
1 vit-C,
1 cod liver oil omega 3,
1 creatine.

i also get good deals where i shop so it dont cost that much ..pluss i only bye the BIG tubs, 250's or 500's

Treninghard

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 09:07:50 AM »

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 09:20:33 AM »
Tbumbz, the resident expert on fuck all speaks.
You are a clowm of the highest order. Modern agro-farming & organo-phosphates/not letting soil rest between crops
& all you need is some meat & veggies?? We can see you studied nutritional science, LOLOLOLOL
Idiot.

PT
Sent on my BlackBerry R from Vodafone 

This.

Modern fruits and vegies produced with western tech& farming practices have jack shit worth of vitamins in them.
all drugs - TPPIIP

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 09:35:16 AM »

FACT:There is no supplement safer and more effective for bringing down lipids than Red Yeast Rice. I have the bloodwork to prove it. 1200mgs daily.
I thought I read somewhere that there was negative effects from RYR? Actually, I KNOW I read it somewhere, but can't remember what it was.. I definitely agree that it's "supposed" to help with cholesterol levels, but aren't celery seed and grape seed better for that?  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 10:00:44 AM »
I thought I read somewhere that there was negative effects from RYR? Actually, I KNOW I read it somewhere, but can't remember what it was.. I definitely agree that it's "supposed" to help with cholesterol levels, but aren't celery seed and grape seed better for that?  Correct me if I'm wrong.  
Before I started using RYR my total cholesterol fluctuated between 210 and 220 for the past few years. I started using 1200mgs daily, the amount used in a study I read on it, and three months later my total cholesterol went from 220 to 170. I just had another CBC Chem Panel done and my total cholesterol was 160. During this time I have not changed my diet AT ALL. I have not done any more cardio then I have previously done. RYR can deplete coq10 production as a statin would and that is why I supplement with coq10 daily. My tryglicerides are in the 80's and my HDL is in the 50's. I have not experienced any negative sides from RYR. No muscle aches or any other sides commonly associated with pharmaceutical statins. If you can find a study that claims RYR is dangerous in any way go ahead and post it. I seriously doubt you will though.
T

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »
....Try Opti-Men by optimum Nurtition......it has ovewr 710 reviews you can read at bodybuilding.com

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »
Before I started using RYR my total cholesterol was fluctuated between 210 and 220 for the past few years. I started using 1200mgs daily, the amount used in a study I read on it, and three months later my total cholesterol went from 220 to 170. I just had another CBC Chem Panel done and my total cholesterol was 160. During this time I have not changed my diet AT ALL. I have not done any more cardio then I have previously done. RYR can deplete coq10 production as a statin would and that is why I supplement with coq10 daily. My tryglicerides are in the 80's and my HDL is in the 50's. I have not experienced any negative sides from RYR. No muscle aches or any other sides commonly associated with pharmaceutical statins. If you can find a study that claims RYR is dangerous in any way go ahead and post it. I seriously doubt you will though.
No that was it, good work...Basically, just lowering coq10, but since your supplementing with it, that's perfect.. Thanks brotha!!

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »
RYR is only dangerous in pregnant women (higher risk of miscarriage, i was told by a doc at the red cross blood donation), small children and not recommended for those who have muscle loss deceases. For adult males, it's very beneficial.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2012, 02:07:18 PM »
if you think your gonna get all you need out of the food you eat every day then ide think again..

there is no way you can do it ...

this is what i have every day..there is no way i could get this every day out of the food i eat..

1 of each every day,

1 multi vit,
1 calcium with vit D3,
1 vit-C,
1 cod liver oil omega 3,
1 creatine.

i also get good deals where i shop so it dont cost that much ..pluss i only bye the BIG tubs, 250's or 500's

your pissing all those vitamins out a couple hours after taking them, body isnt going to use all that - the omega 3 is good for health though, cant get enough of those.. should take like 20-30, not just one.

This.

Modern fruits and vegies produced with western tech& farming practices have jack shit worth of vitamins in them.
meat from grain fed animals lack the omega fats they would normally have, fruits and vegeables still contain all the vitamins and nnutrients they always have, sometimes even more (genetically modified to carrry more)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 05:11:10 PM »
your pissing all those vitamins out a couple hours after taking them, body isnt going to use all that - the omega 3 is good for health though, cant get enough of those.. should take like 20-30, not just one.
 meat from grain fed animals lack the omega fats they would normally have, fruits and vegeables still contain all the vitamins and nnutrients they always have, sometimes even more (genetically modified to carrry more)

No, they dont.

Here for the example is nutritional info for apple, notice how it contains jack shit worth of vitamins and minerals.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1809/2

all drugs - TPPIIP

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 06:46:45 PM »
No, they dont.

Here for the example is nutritional info for apple, notice how it contains jack shit worth of vitamins and minerals.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1809/2

and that iss the exact same nutrient profile for every apple, whether its a regular plain old apple grown with pesticides, chemical fertilizers, has additives, etc... or its a 100% purely natural organic apple.

which is exactly why multivtamins, which give you about 100 times the quantity and 30 times the variety of vitamins and minerals (300 times more nutrients total) than that  apple.... are fucking insanely excessive.

trust me bro, your pissing 99.999% of that multi vitamin out a few hours after taking it, stressing out your organs in the process, and probably taking those usually anti-oxidant compounds and by taking them in excess achieving a pro-oxidant effect.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 07:13:32 PM »
LOL, beware of those papercuts you may bleed to death, 20 - 30  ::)
T

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 01:37:11 AM »
Let's start with vit D shall we.

Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in very few foods, added to others, and available as a dietary supplement. It is also produced endogenously when ultraviolet rays from sunlight strike the skin and trigger vitamin D synthesis. Vitamin D obtained from sun exposure, food, and supplements is biologically inert and must undergo two hydroxylations in the body for activation. The first occurs in the liver and converts vitamin D to 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D], also known as calcidiol. The second occurs primarily in the kidney and forms the physiologically active 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D [1,25(OH)2D], also known as calcitriol [1].

Vitamin D promotes calcium absorption in the gut and maintains adequate serum calcium and phosphate concentrations to enable normal mineralization of bone and to prevent hypocalcemic tetany. It is also needed for bone growth and bone remodeling by osteoblasts and osteoclasts [1,2]. Without sufficient vitamin D, bones can become thin, brittle, or misshapen. Vitamin D sufficiency prevents rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults [1]. Together with calcium, vitamin D also helps protect older adults from osteoporosis.

Vitamin D has other roles in the body, including modulation of cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function, and reduction of inflammation [1,3,4]. Many genes encoding proteins that regulate cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis are modulated in part by vitamin D [1]. Many cells have vitamin D receptors, and some convert 25(OH)D to 1,25(OH)2D.

PT
Growth/noob loves me

whitewidow

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 01:41:20 AM »
I take one.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 02:47:09 AM »
and that iss the exact same nutrient profile for every apple, whether its a regular plain old apple grown with pesticides, chemical fertilizers, has additives, etc... or its a 100% purely natural organic apple.

which is exactly why multivtamins, which give you about 100 times the quantity and 30 times the variety of vitamins and minerals (300 times more nutrients total) than that  apple.... are fucking insanely excessive.

trust me bro, your pissing 99.999% of that multi vitamin out a few hours after taking it, stressing out your organs in the process, and probably taking those usually anti-oxidant compounds and by taking them in excess achieving a pro-oxidant effect.

Woops, Tay-tay talks with out thinking yet again  ::)
An agro-farmed Orange from Spain, will have the same nutrient profile as one that is grown on an organic citrus farm, in Portugal, where the farmer lets the land sit between crops & adds compost  :-\
Think very carefully before you answer this one Tbumbz   :D

PT
Growth/noob loves me

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:22 AM »
How does it work??

Vitamin E is an important vitamin required for the proper function of many organs in the body. It is also an antioxidant. This means it helps to slow down processes that damage cells.

Vitamin E is a vitamin that dissolves in fat. It is found in many foods including vegetable oils, cereals, meat, poultry, eggs, fruits, vegetables, and wheat germ oil. It is also available as a supplement.

Vitamin E is used for treating vitamin E deficiency, which is rare, but can occur in people with certain genetic disorders and in very low-weight premature infants.

Some people use vitamin E for treating and preventing diseases of the heart and blood vessels including hardening of the arteries, heart attack, chest pain, leg pain due to blocked arteries, and high blood pressure.

Vitamin E
is also used for treating diabetes and its complications. It is used for preventing cancer, particularly lung and oral cancer in smokers; colorectal cancer and polyps; and gastric, prostate, and pancreatic cancer.

Some people use vitamin E for diseases of the brain and nervous system including Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, Parkinson’s disease, night cramps, restless leg syndrome, and for epilepsy, along with other medications. Vitamin E is also used for Huntington’s chorea, and other disorders involving nerves and muscles.

Women use vitamin E for preventing complications in late pregnancy due to high blood pressure (pre-eclampsia), premenstrual syndrome (PMS), painful periods, menopausal syndrome, hot flashes associated with breast cancer, and breast cysts.

Sometimes vitamin E is used to lessen the harmful effects of medical treatments such as dialysis and radiation. It is also used to reduce unwanted side effects of drugs such as hair loss in people taking doxorubicin and lung damage in people taking amiodarone.

Vitamin E is sometimes used for improving physical endurance, increasing energy, reducing muscle damage after exercise, and improving muscle strength.

Vitamin E is also used for cataracts, asthma, respiratory infections, skin disorders, aging skin, sunburns, cystic fibrosis, infertility, impotence, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), peptic ulcers, for certain inherited diseases and to prevent allergies.

Some people apply vitamin E to their skin to keep it from aging and to protect against the skin effects of chemicals used for cancer therapy (chemotherapy).

PT
Growth/noob loves me

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 04:17:31 AM »
Lets say we go for the bench mark of E 400iu EOD for the active male over 30.

Eye Health

Vitamin E (400 IU) appears to work with other antioxidants including zinc (80 mg), beta-carotene (15mg), and vitamin C (500 mg) to protect against developing macular degeneration (AMD), the leading cause of legal blindness in people over 55 in the United States. The people who seem to benefit are those with advanced AMD. It isn't known whether this combination of nutrients helps prevent AMD or is beneficial for people with less advanced AMD.

Uveitis is another eye disorder for which the antioxidant vitamins C and E may be helpful. Uveitis is inflammation of the uvea, the middle layer of the eye between the sclera (white outer coat of the eye) and the retina. A clinical study of 130 people with uveitis found that those who took these vitamins had clearer vision than those who took placebo.

Read more: http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/vitamin-e-000341.htm#ixzz1kwX9IDPm

Now, please do tell me which foods in which combination will provide the equivalent of the above 400iu EOD

PT
Growth/noob loves me

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 11:16:14 AM »
LOL, beware of those papercuts you may bleed to death, 20 - 30  ::)
yup, or even more. certain progressive docs prescribe patients upwards nof 50 grams per day for certain ailments. and alot of mental hospitals use similar doses to treat a variety of psychiatric disorders.  

Woops, Tay-tay talks with out thinking yet again  ::)
An agro-farmed Orange from Spain, will have the same nutrient profile as one that is grown on an organic citrus farm, in Portugal, where the farmer lets the land sit between crops & adds compost  :-\
Think very carefully before you answer this one Tbumbz   :D

PT
 why dont you google it and find out for yourself.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »

why dont you google it and find out for yourself.

Answre = You have no clue, hahaha
Thought so, idiot.

PT
Growth/noob loves me