Author Topic: Murdered Agent Terry Family suing ATF for $25 Million over Fast n Furious  (Read 1185 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Family of murdered Border Patrol agent files $25M suit against ATF
Fox News.com ^ | February 1, 2012

The family of murdered Border Patrol agent Brian Terry has filed a $25 million wrongful death suit against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives -- claiming Terry was killed with AK-47s that were knowingly sold under the Fast and Furious gunrunning probe to a straw purchaser for drug cartels.

In a 65-page complaint, attorneys for the family claim ATF "wrongdoing" in Fast and Furious.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Won't get a dime.  Fact is that those gangs would have gotten weapons one way or the other.  Agent Terry knew the risks of his job.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Won't get a dime.  Fact is that those gangs would have gotten weapons one way or the other.  Agent Terry knew the risks of his job.

Go fucking die you piece of shit.   Even this you will kneepad to defend your communist messiah? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
They have a good case and should win it.  the only reason they won't get a dime is because they won't be able to sue the ATF.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
They have a good case and should win it.  the only reason they won't get a dime is because they won't be able to sue the ATF.

I am sure they have gone to many attorneys before filing this suit.   If what these reckless trespunous thugs rises to the level of criminal recklessness w knowledge of the agency, these people will collect. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
well I guess that makes it ok for the obama administration to facilitate the transactions then?

Fucking idiot!!! ::)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

Yep....the sad fact is that those gangs would have still had weapons and still would have killed him.  They would have to prove that Agent Terry would not have been killed because of the Fast and Furious and unfortunately, that's not the case. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yep....the sad fact is that those gangs would have still had weapons and still would have killed him.  They would have to prove that Agent Terry would not have been killed because of the Fast and Furious and unfortunately, that's not the case. 

ou are truly a dumb pofs 95er.    I have no issue calling your kind out for your incompetence.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
::) you really dont know anything about law do you?

they simply have to prove that they sustained damages as a result of actions that were forceable to cause damages.

Simply b/c something may have happend doesnt excuse the fact that you facilitated it.

If someone is going to get shot does it clear you from legal action if you just walk up and shoot them first?

goodness youre a fucking moron.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
vince look up palsgraf vs. long island railroad which is law 101...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Murdered Agent Terry Family suing ATF for $25 Million over Fast n Furious
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 08:16:46 PM »
::) you really dont know anything about law do you?

they simply have to prove that they sustained damages as a result of actions that were forceable to cause damages.

Simply b/c something may have happend doesnt excuse the fact that you facilitated it.

If someone is going to get shot does it clear you from legal action if you just walk up and shoot them first?

goodness youre a fucking moron.

This case is  slam dunk for the family.     The ATF and DOJ acted well beyond criminal negligence and into the relm pf criminal recklessness. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Mudered Agent Terry Family suing ATF for $25 Million over Fast n Furious
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »
don't say "yep" to my post because your reply here doesn't remotely reflect what I said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »

OH SHIT!!!!    Tony pulling out the old school tort law!!!!   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 08:20:42 PM »
"This concept of foreseeability in tort law tends to limit liability to the consequences of an act that could reasonably be foreseen rather than every single consequence that follows."

from wiki in regards to the result of the palsgraf case...

Hey Vince, do you think it was forceable that if the ATF were facilitating the purchases of weapons to the drug cartels and that those cartels often use those weapons in conflicts with US patrols like you said they do and would have that an agent could be killed?

If so it seems that they have a pretty damn good case, if not Id love to hear you explanation as to why...lol

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 08:21:21 PM »
OH SHIT!!!!    Tony pulling out the old school tort law!!!!   
yesh yesh I had to look up the case name b/c I couldnt remember but I remember the concepts taught just not the case hahaha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 08:23:32 PM »
yesh yesh I had to look up the case name b/c I couldnt remember but I remember the concepts taught just not the case hahaha

Loved law school.  Amazing education.  I loved every second of it.  What you mentioned is one of the most famous cases pf all time. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 04:51:22 AM »
"This concept of foreseeability in tort law tends to limit liability to the consequences of an act that could reasonably be foreseen rather than every single consequence that follows."

from wiki in regards to the result of the palsgraf case...

Hey Vince, do you think it was forceable that if the ATF were facilitating the purchases of weapons to the drug cartels and that those cartels often use those weapons in conflicts with US patrols like you said they do and would have that an agent could be killed?

If so it seems that they have a pretty damn good case, if not Id love to hear you explanation as to why...lol

Simple...because it would not have made a difference.  Even if there was no Fast and Furious, Agent Terry would still be dead because the gangs would have gotten their weapons from somewhere else. 

Its also very hard for a lawsuit to be filed for a federal agent because they sign agreements accepting the risk and dangers.  Its a sad situation for the most part but that's what I think will happen.

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 04:52:32 AM »

Its meaningless because the party was not a federal or public official
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 05:20:36 AM »
 ;D.  Vince you are beyond full of shit.   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 06:14:40 AM »

Oh look, Venom Vince once again proving that he hasn't the faintest fucking idea what he's talking about.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 06:28:52 AM »
Oh look, Venom Vince once again proving that he hasn't the faintest fucking idea what he's talking about.

Vince is the same fool who thinks airsoft guns can be converted to full auto machine guns. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 12:05:33 PM »

I do know what I'm talking about as I was in the military and we sign agreements stating that we won't sue the US Government in the event of getting blown to bits....but we'll see what happens.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 12:13:01 PM »

I do know what I'm talking about as I was in the military and we sign agreements stating that we won't sue the US Government in the event of getting blown to bits....but we'll see what happens.

This is a wrongful death case by the family as ATF/Holders' gross reckless and criminal behavior (which are not protected) are the direct and proximate cause of their sons' death. 

But for ATF / Holder / Obama arming the drug mule, their son would not have been killed.   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 05:09:44 PM »

This is a wrongful death case by the family as ATF/Holders' gross reckless and criminal behavior (which are not protected) are the direct and proximate cause of their sons' death. 

But for ATF / Holder / Obama arming the drug mule, their son would not have been killed.   

I can't imagine them being protected if it is found that the officials were grossly negligent.  It will be interesting to see where this case goes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 05:11:39 PM »

I can't imagine them being protected if it is found that the officials were grossly negligent.  It will be interesting to see where this case goes.

It's no different than the bartender knowingly serving an already drunk patron and putting the keys in his hands, turning over the ignition and and sending the drunk on his way.