Author Topic: The Official Futbol Thread  (Read 7854 times)

Rance

• Getbig II
The Official Futbol Thread
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »
Rio won't take England armband

Former skipper Rio Ferdinand has ruled himself out of the running to be named as John Terry's replacement as England captain.

Ferdinand did take over when Terry lost the captaincy two years ago but the Manchester United defender does not want the armband again.

Terry was stripped of the captaincy on Friday until after his July 9 court case where he is accused of racially abusing Ferdinand's brother Anton, who plays for QPR. Terry denies the charge.

Ferdinand said on Twitter: "I don't want to be England captain after the last episode, just want to concentrate on playin for Utd & if I make the squad then as ever I'll be delighted."

Ferdinand was angered at his treatment by Capello when the captaincy was restored to Terry a year ago without the Manchester United defender being informed.

Capello offered an apology of sorts afterwards, saying he had tried to meet Ferdinand at a United match.

"Maybe I made a mistake," Capello said in March last year.

"I don't like to speak about the captaincy on the phone. I prefer to speak personally. But yes, it's possible sometimes to do everything better. For sure."

Ferdinand had been dogged by injury during his year as captain and missed out on the World Cup in South Africa in 2010 after an injury in a pre-tournament training session.

Capello decided on a change after the friendly against Denmark in February 2011 when - with Terry in the team - Frank Lampard started as skipper but passed the armband to Gareth Barry when he was substituted, who then passed it on to Ashley Cole.

Capello said afterwards: "After one year of punishment, it was not the best moment for John Terry to see this. For that reason, I need to make a decision - and it will be a permanent decision, not just one game."

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: The Official Football Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »
soccer*

hopefully you keep this thread alive.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 04:12:16 PM »
can Brits join in this thread?  I'm upset about the John Terry thing as they actually have him on camera saying to his opponent "You b***k c**t.  

Obviously as a woman, i'm more peeved about the c**t word than the fact that he was obviously being racist.  Or angry.  Or something.  .......It's just a game of footie...

Capello quit over it.  Good.  Nice work if you can get it.  & Terry's legals are pending.

I'm a Liverpool supporter.  Me Grandad played for LFC so I'm blood.  I'm upset about the Suaraez un-handshake.  I've watched it 30 or 50 times over.  I thought Suarez should not have been played or asked to shake hands after an 8 match ban and a massive fine for calling someone who badly fouled him "a petit negrito".  

I prefer our £35mill Andy Carroll.  But they played Suarez.  It looked to me that he put out his hand sort of and had his arm coming across sideways toward him and the Man u player chose not to be forthcoming with his handshake.  But he then went at his forearm in protest.  You couldn't have made that up.  Reina our fantastic goalie was next in the line-up and disentangled the little Man U guy's hand from Suarez's arm.  

How and why did they line them up like that?  Next is Ferdinand.  Fantastic guy ordinarily.  But no chance of a handshake there.  

All set up.  Previously in an other controversial game they would have cancelled the handshake ceremony and they'd just all get on the pitch to sweat and kick.  They recently cancelled the shake ritual in a Spurs or West Ham game didn't they?  Or was it Chelsea?  I don't follow or like London clubs.....

Why did they bother with the handshake they simply knew wasn't going to happen?

xxxLinda
lfc blood (me grandad was a winger...

Please play £35mill Andy Carroll?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »
Rio won't take England armband
"

So give it to Stevie Gerrard "He'll kick it in from 40 yard"

Or Lampard?  Dislike Chelsea FC, but go ahead, give it to him.  

Dear Rio will politely shun it given the way Capello treated him without telling him last time.  He'll politely say No thankyou.

xL

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 04:34:34 PM »
My concern is that England may poach Uncle Harry.

Come On You Spurs!!

~

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 04:43:50 PM »
wanna discuss Harry Redknapp?  Incredible story really.  I always knew he was right.  He'd win.

(When I first moved to London I lived in Tottenham, N19.  I was told that was London.  I thought it was London.  I didn't realise the night buses didn't go there and that it was 2 hours away on a good traffic day and many many miles from Central London.

Will Harry quit Spurs and take the England job?  I doubt it...  He's worked so hard for Spurs and he doesn't need the money.  Maybe he could do both jobs?  

Fabio didn't speak English.  zerotissimo.  He said he'd learn to but he never bothered.  Perhaps the England Euro 2012 gig is a small-time part-time effort Harry could do on weekends?  

What is it? £6 or 10 mill that that job's worth?

me granddad got £10 for signing on.  I have his papers.  That was a lot of money in those days.

xL

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 04:53:39 PM »
wanna discuss Harry Rednapp?  Incredible really.  I always knew he was right.

(When I first moved to London I lived in Tottenham, N19.  I was told that was London.  I thought it was London.  I didn't realise the night buses didn't go there and that it was 2 hours on a good day and many miles from Central London.

Will Harry quit Spurs and take the England job?  I doubt it...  He's worked so hard for Spurs and he doesn't need the money.  Maybe he could do both jobs?  

Fabio didn't speak English.  He said he'd learn to but he never bothered.  Perhaps the England Euro 2012 gig is a small-time part-time effort Harry could do on weekends?  

What is it? £6 or 10 mill that that job's worth?

me granddad got £10 for signing on.  I have his papers.  That was a lot of money in those days.

xL

I hope he stays put. 
~

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »

How about the Olympics?  (I'll be watching the tennis and zoning out mostly)

Beckham was over here on t'telly the other day...  They could put together an amazing England team.
xL

ps
Harry will do his job. Spurs will do well.
btw, Jamie his son is lovely.  They both have staying power.  

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 05:46:55 PM »
soccer*

hopefully you keep this thread alive.

come on you Reds, you'll never walk alone

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 06:00:14 PM »

nothing worse than a football supporter than a female football supporter.

xL

Rance

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
gooners  ::)

Rance

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »
real madrid is playing and already winning with a ronaldo goal!

stream www.alexzerosportshd.net/p/canal-2.html

Rance

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 11:42:30 AM »
soccer*

the world governing body of this sport is FIFA  not FISA. but you can call it whatever you want

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
Re: Nobody likes soccer
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 06:12:04 PM »
You can call it soccer if you want to and you may dislike it as much as you like, you're not a footie supporter, you're maybe into something else?

In Great Britain and across Southern Europe, in South America and in Africa, most of us adore football.  

Sadly, in your country you instead like a bit of baseball and basketball and also waste time watching that other mess you've called football -  with the daft touchdowns and padding and posturing and cheerleaders?

In Canada it's all hockey.

Okay nobody?
Come on over here to London England and say nobody likes footie.  You're daft.  You're so wrong, we adore it.  You'd be booed off the pitch, taken out of the stands by force and loudly laughed at.  

It's the beautiful game.  Live and learn.  

Go google Cristiano Ronaldo's incredible backflip goal on 26th last week and then come back here and tell me nobody likes 'soccer'...

xL

ooops Rance I've just realised you're perhaps serious and maybe knowledgeable?  You've changed your name and your stance 20x or more?

I'd assumed that since you changed your thread title ^^^you like meant it?  Instead, having just re-read our thread, I'm wondering whether you are in fact being ultra sarcastic...

In which case, good on you.  I'm leaving my post as first written above although it'll make no sense whatsoever to Americans and/or non-lovers of footie.

mad love

of course - I just realised - there are only two mods on this board and I'm fairly certain Stance is GrapeApe aka 2nd come and that other one has twenty other cartoonish gimmicks?

Dire and rather saddish sports board you've got going on here.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 10:01:20 AM »
^^^

LMFAO simply b/c you cant get ppl to post on your sport doesnt mean much. This is a board dominated by Americans...In America soccer is shit played by 120lb twinkish men(much like the rest of the world) who couldnt hack it in football.

Come football season this place is pretty active, it seems all you do is bitch about boards not being good. Why dont you go find another board to post on then?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 07:01:23 PM »
The title of this thread is wrong..... gay men and most women like soccer.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »
The title of this thread is wrong..... gay men and most women like soccer.

A few of us straight American men like soccer, but I know enough to not try to cram it down anyone's throat. 

I do maintain, however, that what most Americans really dislike is the way soccer is too often played in this country.  I love my country of course, but I despise attempts to "Americanize" things that aren't American, as if none of us could appreciate things for what they are.

~

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »
A few of us straight American men like soccer, but I know enough to not try to cram it down anyone's throat. 

I do maintain, however, that what most Americans really dislike is the way soccer is too often played in this country.  I love my country of course, but I despise attempts to "Americanize" things that aren't American, as if none of us could appreciate things for what they are.

Huge win against the italians a few days ago.

beverast

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 04:49:12 AM »
My concern is that England may poach Uncle Harry.

Come On You Spurs!!

How does it feel to know you will finish 5th?

::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »

Your first sentence says it all.  The absolute worst thing that happened when soccer was first introduced here was trying to make everybody think that because the rest of the world likes it, we HAD to like it.  And all the flops reminds me of watching Duke play basketball.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 02:14:36 PM »
How does it feel to know you will finish 5th?

::)

I won't finish 5th because I don't play.

The team I support, Tottenham Hotspur, has hit a run of poor form and may very well finish out of the top four.  There is still time, of course, for Uncle Harry to right the ship.

Supporting a team, but keeping results in proper perspective, is the key to enjoying sports.
~

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 02:18:21 PM »
^^^

LMFAO simply b/c you cant get ppl to post on your sport doesnt mean much. This is a board dominated by Americans...In America soccer is shit played by 120lb twinkish men(much like the rest of the world) who couldnt hack it in football.

Come football season this place is pretty active, it seems all you do is bitch about boards not being good. Why dont you go find another board to post on then?

lmao
Awesome post

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »
Your first sentence says it all.  The absolute worst thing that happened when soccer was first introduced here was trying to make everybody think that because the rest of the world likes it, we HAD to like it.  And all the flops reminds me of watching Duke play basketball.

hahahaha  the term is "diving" but you are so right

It was pretty quiet in the office today (mostly Duke fans)...
~

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »
Huge win against the italians a few days ago.

I was happy to see the national team come through, on European soil.  Even if it was just a friendly.
~

beverast

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 12:33:22 AM »
How is Jürgen doing as national coach?
Guy's getting a lot of hate here, especially since he did pretty bad at Bayern. Still feel like most of it is unwarranted.