Author Topic: Seriously this guy is a major idiot for what he wrote...  (Read 2378 times)

o13starsnstripes

• Getbig II
Seriously this guy is a major idiot for what he wrote...
« on: February 04, 2012, 11:44:14 PM »
This guy Frank has zero idea as to what he is saying http://www.frankspeaks.com/uncategor...gerous-stupid/

What pisses me off are people like him spreading false lies and rumors that are not true.

Also I do not see how its possible anyone could break their arm while doing the snatch and I do not see how swings could be bad for your lower back? I mean this is just insanity if anyone honestly thinks the swing and snatch are bad for you to do if anything the swing works your lower back in a safe way that it can be worked and the snatch is in my opinion a good way to get a total body workout in a good summed up way. Ugh I hate fearmongers

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Seriously this guy is a major idiot for what he wrote...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 04:55:38 AM »
The link isn't working for me, so I'm going by your comments below it.

Anything can happen, but consider how often something like this doesn't happen.
A random, isolated, freak accident is not a reason for everybody to stop doing it.

Also, although this would be considered a dislocation rather than a break, I still think it illustrates the example of a bad accident that very seldom happens.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »
There are a few examples of guys breaking their arm snatching.  If you watch guys fail in the snatch they bail out when they catch it to far back by letting the bar go behind their back. Not doing that could lead to your arm snapping. It is very rare.

Possible injuries are a part of all sport.  The snatch is a fantastic exercise to increase your power, speed and strength. Guys that never used power cleans or snatches in their routines are surprised to find their sprinting speed and vertical leap improved greatly from doing these power moves. Power lifting is misnamed. It should be called strength lifting and Olympic lifting should be called power lifting.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »
snatch,  not that great an exercise just an olympic lift.
F

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 02:31:58 PM »
oh man that picture is so fucking cringey. must of hurt soooo bad. but im guessing that happened because of technique rather than the weight, although obviously its alot harder when you start snatching PR's

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 03:36:49 AM »
This guy Frank has zero idea as to what he is saying http://www.frankspeaks.com/uncategor...gerous-stupid/

What pisses me off are people like him spreading false lies and rumors that are not true.

Also I do not see how its possible anyone could break their arm while doing the snatch and I do not see how swings could be bad for your lower back? I mean this is just insanity if anyone honestly thinks the swing and snatch are bad for you to do if anything the swing works your lower back in a safe way that it can be worked and the snatch is in my opinion a good way to get a total body workout in a good summed up way. Ugh I hate fearmongers

you must be very young,,,,, after 10/15 years of heavy training come back and tell us snatches are a safe and positive movement to use, id ruin every single joint in my body if i were to perform them

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »
Your lower back will set a limit for you unless you're made out of iron.