Author Topic: Best OTC PCT?  (Read 8833 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Best OTC PCT?
« on: February 06, 2012, 10:05:13 PM »
Tried Gaspari Nolvadex Xt.  Seemed ok. Which OTC PCT is the best?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Best OTC PCT?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 02:37:51 AM »
Do you mean Viridex XT?

http://www.gasparinutrition.com/products/viridex-xt/

Do you understand that any product with an undisclosed blend of ingredients is likely a placebo?

Betcha $5 that those tablets are 95% Dicalcium Phosphate which is listed on the label...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicalcium_phosphate

Any product with a proprietary blend or mixture is junk... (haven't you seen Bigger, Stronger, Faster?)

I LOVE the warning on this product...

http://imgs.gasparinutrition.com/supp_panels/viridex-xt.jpg

Yeah... you might test high for ABSURD levels of vitamin B12...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 08:47:47 AM »
He may be referring to Novedex XT, a supposed OTC aromatase blocker.
The idea behind it is that suppressing the aromatase process will cause more of your testosterone to remain test rather than undergoing estrogen conversion. Then, negative feedback will detect low estrogen levels and tell your body you need some for homeostatic purposes, which will prompt your testes to pump MORE test (since that‘s how & where males get their estrogen)…and, that test will remain test…causing an exponentially cyclical process of the above steps.  

Anecdotal evidence suggests this propaganda to be complete and utter bullshit.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:40:48 PM »
Anecdotal evidence suggests this propaganda to be complete and utter bullshit.

bump for bullshit

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 04:58:41 PM »
bump for bullshit

You know what, too?
I lost a little bit of respect for the Gaspari company because they stooped to the lame marketing tactic of giving their product a name that looks and sounds remarkably similar to anabolic drugs; they just changed a couple of letters in the spelling.

I consider that a dick move that is frequently employed by hacks and scammers.
Gaspari does make some very good products.
Why resort to this?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 05:02:14 PM »
agreed... I'm more of a basic whey protein, glutamine and creatine kind of guy... oh and BCAAs... and a multi-vitamin

I like EAS products

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »
My current list of supplements:

Creatine Mono
BCAA’s
HMB
Casein powder
Multi-vitamin
Zinc
Additional B-6, B-12, and D3
Melatonin
GABA
Digestive multi-enzyme
Acidophilus

Many of the above items are relatively inexpensive and most are either NOW, ON, or Universal brands.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 09:44:43 PM »
Tried Gaspari Nolvadex Xt.  Seemed ok. Which OTC PCT is the best?

Novedex XT actually had a working ingredient in it, ATD. Sadly FDA forced/threatened every ATD containing product of the market without actually banning the compound itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione
all drugs - TPPIIP

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 06:00:59 AM »
Novedex XT actually had a working ingredient in it, ATD. Sadly FDA forced/threatened every ATD containing product of the market without actually banning the compound itself.

shit like that stuff makes my balls quiver:

i'm not putting anything in this temple unless it's got years of double-blind testing proving that it's at least safe... i'll take ineffective over unsafe any day

maybe it's just the old man in me talking but as safe as bodybuilders want to pretend that hormones and hormone precursors are.... find me a bodybuilder who's over 70...  :P

my grand parents had hard lives with poor nutrition for most of the time and they made it past 80... i figure i should aim for at least that

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 08:36:06 AM »

You know what, too?
I lost a little bit of respect for the Gaspari company because they stooped to the lame marketing tactic of giving their product a name that looks and sounds remarkably similar to anabolic drugs; they just changed a couple of letters in the spelling.

Why resort to this?

I agree 100%.  I noticed lots of supplement companies doing that (naming after an AAS - and changing the name slightly) and it is really stupid.

Plus I have seen some other "test boosters" that claim to lower estrogen etc.  But isn't that bad (unless you are on real AAS and need balance)  because estrogen = good HDL cholesterol right?  Wouldn't taking this crap if it does lower estrogen just f-up your HDL/LDL levels like most oral steroids do?   ???

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 08:40:29 AM »
Iforce reversitol was good at one point...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 02:40:21 PM »
...I have seen some other "test boosters" that claim to lower estrogen etc.  But isn't that bad (unless you are on real AAS and need balance)  because estrogen = good HDL cholesterol right?  Wouldn't taking this crap if it does lower estrogen just f-up your HDL/LDL levels like most oral steroids do?   ???

I see your point. Even if the products in question did work as the companies claim, I suspect that they wouldn’t block aromatase forever and your body would eventually get its needed estrogen. The marketing behind these supplements is good because it uses lots of valid facts to form a believable theory - albeit a somewhat non-sequitur one.

I’ll admit that even I bought into the idea that this product would have “some” effectiveness based on my knowledge of the endocrine system. In fact, I believed in it strongly enough to try it myself. Granted, I wasn’t expecting miracles from an OTC product, but I expected more than it delivered, which was NOTHING.

I’ve posted the supplements I have used and continue to use with substantial success. I highly doubt that that list will ever change much.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 01:27:29 PM »
Formestane, is still an Rx med in few countries by the name of
I. M. Lentaron Depot. Competitive Edge Labs Formestane is my favorite also IBE and primordial performance make good ones. As opposed to Nolvadex or Clomid (which are Rx only everywhere) it actually raises IGF-1 production.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 12:38:53 PM »

You know what, too?

Why resort to this?
like which pr0ducts imparticular? I never was interested in there stuff,just there protein powder.Like most here im not huge on supps,but do like to mess around,just to keep shit interesting.Have had aome decent results with a few things,i so train all natural.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »
like which pr0ducts imparticular? I never was interested in there stuff,just there protein powder.Like most here im not huge on supps,but do like to mess around,just to keep shit interesting.Have had aome decent results with a few things,i so train all natural.

I remember hearing good feedback regarding some of their proteins. My buddy used a couple of their products to prep for one of his shows, but that was several years ago, and I understand that the company has made some dramatic changes to its line since then; so even if you can get the same product, it may not contain the same formula.

Regardless, I'll try to remember to ask him the next time I talk to him.

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 01:21:07 PM »
Only thing i have used by Gaspari is Anavite Multi and Myosfusion Protein....other words everythinf else seems a waste..But yeah,id appreciate that.Again,thnx for the help bro.