Author Topic: Why bother with steroids?  (Read 8733 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Why bother with steroids?
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »
This guy built a great physique without the need for needles and still has it to this day. Why? because he took the natural route and not the roid-cut!!!

Believe and you can achieve.

[ Q ] Let me just say that you have a great physique! How did you build such a great body without the use of steroids?

I began bodybuilding in the late 1970's and everyone back then used the basic exercises with barbells and dumbbells and lots of weight to build their physiques. The gyms were more hard core than they are now and you really had to bust your butt during your workouts to get massive.

I read an article in a 1978 Muscle Builder Magazine in which Arnold advised young bodybuilders who want to get big to do it with hard and heavy workouts and lots of good food. He said that if you developed your physique with these methods instead of using drugs, you would build your physique from scratch and you wouldn't need drugs to build your body.

I took those words to heart and pushed myself extremely hard with the basic exercises (squats, deadlifts, barbell rows, T-bar rows, standing military presses, power cleans, etc) along with eating top quality food (and A LOT of it!). I weighed 135 pounds when I began training at 14 years old and by the time I was 21, I was 230 pounds, all drug free!

The key to getting really massive without drugs is to use the basic exercises with heavy weights. Keep the sets moderate because it doesn't make any sense to do 30-40 sets a bodypart when you are training so heavy and intense. Eat plenty of protein and carbs with at least six meals a day.

[ Q ]What are your feelings about people who choose to use steroids?

To each his own, I say. We all have the freedom to put whatever we want into our bodies as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Having said that, it's important to consider that steroids are now considered a felony to use or sell. I personally don't believe that steroids are worth the risk. Many of the people using steroids could make great gains if they trained harder and ate better.

Too many people use them as a shortcut to getting bigger and are not willing to put in the time and hard work that it takes to get big. They would rather use drugs to gain 20 pounds in 8 weeks instead of training and eating good for a year to add 10 pounds. The difference is that the guy who gains 20 pounds in 8 weeks is going to lose that weight after he gets off his cycle and the guy who does it naturally is going to keep it because he earned his muscle. You don't earn any muscle by taking steroids.

O

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
Re: Why bother with steroids?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »
Best friend of Norton.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 07:13:24 PM »
Cheaper than steroids.

O

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »
.....because they make my knees feel better.

DBX

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »
.....because they make my knees feel better.
why dont you just use knee pads  ???

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 07:35:06 PM »
very homo guy tis guy

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 08:34:07 PM »
What a fucking joke  ::) I'm starting to hate this fucking liar even more and more.... Dude's in his 50's and still on a shit ton of drugs... LOL at "natural mr. olympia"  What a piece of shit... With his 40 inch wide waist and retarded looking upper body

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »
what would mel gibson say?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »
Has he been the only Natural Mr.Olympia winner ? Is that contest still around?
Or even existed?

Funny how he's the only one that talks about "the natural Mr.O" and how much he followed Arnold footsteps to make it in to this sport.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »
He is about as natural as my dick is long...

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 09:08:29 PM »

He has openly admited to using steroids at one point his life?

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 09:12:16 PM »
He has openly admited to using steroids at one point his life?

Yes, and i read that if you use to use it, it still helps in the future...I do not remember why...I read it years ago...

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 09:23:43 PM »
and you surprize?,, lol take a look in filt heris and filt keyomo moshi  and filt normon ,, heris woudnt be 180lb soaking wet with out hormones ,,he has the jewish genes very soft very feminine looking 175 to 180lb about 16-18% in a good day if keep diet not to crazy ,, this is the resal filt heris lol,, it is not 200lb riped on stage on fake natural team univrse ,, it is a very soft very feminine looking glases wearing jewish fella with realy no muscle to write homr about,, true he has very bad genetic but! in general you get wht i say ,, 175lb ...in good wet day and all the training in the world  !

this cult is filt,, the fellas in this cult buy drugs all over the place lik elitle ants,, it would be nice if no one lied about it ,, but ohhh fells try to eat the cake from both sides and keep it complete

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 03:39:24 AM »
why bother without steroids?

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 04:03:39 AM »
lmao, when i read that thread on rxmuscle all i could think of was "liar filt". and all i could do was laugh on the inside about all those idiots saying "you look great for being natural bro!"

he has strange upper body proportions these days, waist looks like 40 inches, no joke

i appreciate his desire to stay in shape at an old age though, but thats the only positive i can say about the guy

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 04:13:26 AM »
secrets and lies

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 04:28:05 AM »

what a disgusting looking waist

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 04:36:14 AM »
yes he is one of the "inner circle in Iron Age Forum".. they all lick his ass. I mean the guy wants to be forever young and gets upset when people mention anything to do with his age. When i posted on Iron Age Forum he openly admitted he would do anything to slow down the ageing process.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 06:27:48 AM »
yes he is one of the "inner circle in Iron Age Forum".. they all lick his ass. I mean the guy wants to be forever young and gets upset when people mention anything to do with his age. When i posted on Iron Age Forum he openly admitted he would do anything to slow down the ageing process.
it is what it is,,,nothing wrong with that philosophy regarding holding back time.

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 06:32:37 AM »

Sounds like the kind of secure, easy going, laid back fella that would be fully up-front about his hormone use. :D

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 06:32:59 AM »
it is what it is,,,nothing wrong with that philosophy regarding holding back time.

I think his point was that someone saying that they're willing to do ANYTHING in order to slow the aging process is likely to take PEDs, meanwhile he claims he's natural.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 06:35:31 AM »
Yes, and i read that if you use to use it, it still helps in the future...I do not remember why...I read it years ago...

I dunno enough about steroids to comment on that.  But I do know he has openly admitted to using.

And the Natural Mr. Olympia has a 1 year (maybe 2 or 3, can't emember) drug free requirement, so he didn't break any rules....

It sounds kind of stupid, you can juice for 20 years, then take a year off and be crowned Natural Mr. Olympia, but thats on the organization.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 06:36:42 AM »
Yes he acknowledged using roids when younger. 

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 06:40:15 AM »
He's about as natural as being 45 minutes into doggy style sex with a big assed brazilan model and then pulling out last minute and saying 'sorry I don't want to squirt my load all over your back' I feel this is degrading to women, just give me a few minutes while I take a cold shower, and instead my blowing my load i'm going to compensate for it by giving you a footrub and then doing the weekly groceries for you so you can relax and do your nails

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 06:43:54 AM »
He's about as natural as being 45 minutes into doggy style sex with a big assed brazilan model and then pulling out last minute and saying 'sorry I don't want to squirt my load all over your back' I feel this is degrading to women, just give me a few minutes while I take a cold shower, and instead my blowing my load i'm going to compensate for it by giving you a footrub and then doing the weekly groceries for you so you can relax and do your nails