Author Topic: Being ripped year round  (Read 5143 times)

animal1991

• Getbig III
Being ripped year round
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:52:29 AM »
Okay, to make a long story short I'm currently on my last cycle until the day I have kids one day (4-5 years tops).
(I promised my girlfriend this because steroids does effect fertility and my parents did struggle to have kids, so I don't want to fuck that up and one day not have kids etc)
So my goal after this cycle is just to try to maintain a natural ripped physique year long, meaning 7-8 % bodyfat.
So how does one achieve this without really "killing" oneself on diet and still eating like a "normal" person?
I know its kinda difficult to do but does anyone have any advice?
Thanks

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Being ripped year round
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 02:54:27 AM »
staying at 7-8% bodyfat is tough but far from impossible... staying there AND maintaining mass either requires great genetics or your favorite needle

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:51:17 AM »
What about True Adonis? Is he just "naturally" lean?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 06:18:29 AM »
well yeah depending on genetics and where u started lean,heavy,soft but big ,u have to eat obviously especially if u continue to train and it can be done but you have to keep training 3-5 days depending on schedule and eat good meals and spaced 3-4 hrs ok don't have to be in panic over timing eat and portion ,,if ur carb sensitive weigh out what u need for a while until u could eyeball it ,,i use some shakes in between and following workout.here's what i do currently 190 lbs give or take im 5'7-5'8 give or take lol,.

meal 1 eggbeaters 1 cup with turkey or vegetable or both depending,,,2 sliced whole grain bread with jelly or natural pbutter,or bowl of oats rarely both unless i need extra carbs

meal 2 protein shake and banana i mix oats with it or cook oats and put protein mix in...

meal 3 can tuna and brown rice i buy pre measured cups of rice or tuna sandwhich or chicken if cooked always use brown rice

meal 4 dinner whatever wife makes prot/carb/salad/veggie

meal 5 shake or cereal mixed with 2 scoops protein

extras i nibbble depending on carb feel,,,low fat grahams,i eat fruit 2/3 servings per day,salsa/whole grain chips,low fat choices usually i'm not too technical but at times yes when really wanting to tighten up,,,,good luck ,,this is how i look yr round pretty much zero cardio...

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 06:22:51 AM »
Well I'm basically soft, but big if I should say what my body type is like..
So the best thing to do is to basically keep your eye on portion sizes and just make sure to get in enough protein throughout the day.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 06:40:09 AM »
Well I'm basically soft, but big if I should say what my body type is like..
So the best thing to do is to basically keep your eye on portion sizes and just make sure to get in enough protein throughout the day.
eat for your bodytype yes,,,but once u get to the level u wanted u manipulate diet around look you want ,,listen natural and drugged is two different things diet,build wise in looks ,,,u can get lean clean and hold it you just have to train hard,smart,and quick in and out volume,sets will decrease less than what u do on cycle.i seen your pics and remember your threads u have some base size.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 07:31:55 AM »
I think I should have the potential at my height (6'1) to be 90kg at sub 10% bodyfat. It would be nice if I could maintain that year round.
A diet a may follow while trying to do this:
*Oats and whey
*Oats and whey
*PB/tuna sandwhich
*Gainer shake (about 500cals)
*Gainer shake
*Some type of meat/eggs and maybe veggies/carbs
Looking to maintain on 2500-3000 cals a day. I don't have a super fast metabolism but gain quickly and lose slowly.

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 11:21:03 AM »
I think I should have the potential at my height (6'1) to be 90kg at sub 10% bodyfat. It would be nice if I could maintain that year round.
*Oats and whey
*Oats and whey
*PB/tuna sandwhich
*Gainer shake
Looking to maintain on 2500-3000 cals a day. I don't have a super fast metabolism but gain quickly and lose slowly.
IMO thats more of a mass gain diet tbh

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 11:38:58 AM »
But I mean the calories are still low-ish

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 01:03:10 PM »
diet means nothing.  Keep calories in check , stay with cardio and cycle carbs.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 03:08:29 PM »
What about True Adonis? Is he just "naturally" lean?

LOL... he weights 120lbs and looks like a starving ethiopian

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 08:49:45 AM »
*Oats and whey
*Oats and whey
*PB/tuna sandwhich
*Gainer shake

I'm also 6'1" and to be 90kg /198lbs seems reasonable.  Not sure at that weight if you will be "ripped" or not but it does depend on your metabolism / hormone levels when not on AAS.  For me I have a very slow metabolism and gain weight easy.  So basically I have to eat moderate and do lots of activity or ...eat like a squirrel and do less activity.  It is hard to find the balance sometimes because it just takes trial and error.

You may want to try eating more whole foods and then just have a shake or two between meals while your at work or something as it could be more convenient.  Otherwise I'd try to stick with more whole foods.  I think you will get more out of it in the long run nutrition wise and will feel fuller longer.  That way you don't get that starving feeling and eat a crap ton cause your hungry and get fat.   ;)

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 01:22:46 AM »
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/02/predator-diet-in-glorious-detail-part-1.html?m=1
Could this be the key to stay lean year round? I know its Anabolic-Diet-esque but slightly different.
Opinions?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 03:20:00 AM »
no

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 03:22:18 AM »

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 03:22:54 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »
Meal # 1:
8 eggwhites,1 whole egg (scrambled in non-fat cooking spray)
1/2 cup oats ( no milk,use artificial sweetener)
12 oz. water

Meal # 2 :
1 can water packed tuna (plain)
lg. green salad (with fat-free dressing......... should only contain 3 gms. of sugar or less)
12 oz. water

Meal # 3 :
5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
1 baked potato (use "I Can`t Believe It`s Not Butter" spray)
1-2 cups green beans
12 oz. water

Meal # 4 :
Lean Ground beef
1 cup brown rice
1 cup green veggies
water

Meal # 5 :(Pre-Workout)
1 scoop whey in H2O
1 scoop whey in H2O
1/4 to 1/2 cup plain oats

Meal # 6 :(Post-Workout)

1 scoop whey in H2O
1 scoop whey in H2O
1/4 to 1/2 cup plain oats

Meals 5 + 6 should be placed pre and post workout respectively

Do 30-45 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week after training and on off days (use an inclined treadmill.............si mply walk at a good pace varying the speed and the level of incline throughout)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 04:17:57 PM »
Care to ellaborate?

in a low carb environment or when you are cutting calories your body will use protein for energy (as well as fat)...

if by 'ripped' you mean lean, it may work... if you mean ripped as in someone with a heavy musculature at under 10% BF you are talking steroids OR an extremely complex nutritional and exercise routine that consumes 100% of your day like some olympians...

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 12:43:11 AM »
So to remain "lean" naturally (<10% BF):
Eat like a bird with adequate protein intake and train your ass off and cheat once a week by stuffing tourself silly...

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 01:33:58 AM »
If you are going to be off the sauce and try and have kids and be happy then fuck trying to be ripped year round.  I mean unless you are a mutant like my brother who lives on taco bell and burger king and is a legit 6% year round at a buck fifty.

Eat what you want but be mindful of portions and what not, have a good cheat a couple times a week.  Weight train like you mean it and do some cardio.  Just be fit, strong and healthy.  If being lean doesn't come naturally you are going to be miserable trying to maintain that year long.  Especially as a natural.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 09:12:12 PM »
If you are going to be off the sauce and try and have kids and be happy then fuck trying to be ripped year round.  I mean unless you are a mutant like my brother who lives on taco bell and burger king and is a legit 6% year round at a buck fifty.

Eat what you want but be mindful of portions and what not, have a good cheat a couple times a week.  Weight train like you mean it and do some cardio.  Just be fit, strong and healthy.  If being lean doesn't come naturally you are going to be miserable trying to maintain that year long.  Especially as a natural.

He must have a tapeworm!   ha ha ha ha  ;D  Just teasing!  Wish I had that metabolism. 

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 08:10:38 AM »

He must have a tapeworm!   ha ha ha ha  ;D  Just teasing!  Wish I had that metabolism. 

LOL, I've thought that before for real.  Like I said though he is not a big guy.  He's about 5'6" and goes between 140-150lbs.  Always got a six pack and veins everywhere though.  He could prep for two weeks and win any state light weight class.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 07:48:45 AM »
To get there:

1. Work out your BMR (basal metabolic rate) this is rate at which depending on your size and activity, your body burns calories. There are websites that calculate for you. Once you know your daily calorie need (at your height and training 4 times a week will be about 2700 a day) you can use the BMR to work out how many Kcals to cut.

2. Eat only amount of kcals a day from BMR calculation. (prob about 2000)

3. Use following breakdown to get lean

1g protein per pound of lean body weight (lbw - current bodyweight less estimate of the fat poundage you are holding)
0.45g of fat per pound of lean body weight
Rest of Kcals in Carbs

(1g protein = 4 kcals, 1g fat = 9 kcals, 1g carbs = 4kcals)

At your height/size I would suggest the following as a rough guide: 180g of protein, 80g of fat, 120g carbs.

Once you are down to around 8-9% bodyfat then make the following change:

1.5g protein per pound of  lean bodyweight
0.3g fat per pound of lean bodyweight
rest of daily calories in carbs.

This amended diet will help you to build & ,maintain lean muscle mass, while still having moderate carbs and low fats to keep the bodyfat % down.

Takes a bit of work to get the diet down/shop right etc but it's a 'scientfic way' of getting there.