Author Topic: Jeff Long - No longer competing anymore?  (Read 28913 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Re: Jeff Long - No longer competing anymore?
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2012, 09:08:27 PM »
So....when he won the Nationals, with no sponsor and not " sucking dick"....that was earned and justified.  But now that he didn't light the world on fire in his first few outings,THAT'S what it takes to win??

I'm all for people making their own decisions based on their own a sons...but making ridiculous comments like these are what turns people off and mAkes you look like a bitter, poor sport.

This is true. Whenever it comes to business, if you make things personal the outcome will be negative. And if anything, in worse cases work against yourself. I think for him it was most likely money issue.
#

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2012, 09:56:33 PM »
yo you fucking tard bitch, its not all about you.

everything is about me,, im the only one hre who dont lie out of his ass,, this is why it is about me,, EVERYTHING!

i have a generation to educate ,,much biger than the few boardings you span your day on ,, much bigger

as one of the old member in thunderdome used to say

tata? or was it TA TA?

its ALL about me,, there is a reason im topic of dicusion EVERYWHERE! it is becaue im speaking the truth that everyone is afraid to say!

i put it on the table you all eat the dinner,, but the dinner cant be good when the fucking meat is out of date! ,, need to keep it updated and og it will be kept ! ,, you knwo me already im a genious ,, im bringingin it all out

A L L out!

gh15 approved
fallen angel

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »
if you actualy knew....the cult of bodybuild,,you would know he talk outof his ass,,no sane fella will just quit when all he worked for is to be there lol,,not hapening in bodybuild lol

which leave you with few option

option one ..

he play the drama flute sound ...which basicaly mean he want gh15 to jump on this isue and then do a 180 on gh15 lol ,,

option 2,,

he has kidny in a failure stage ,, that mean he can still save it  ...but will have to change his so call look lol,,canbe liver tumors too ,, one or both depending ,,

option 3,,

no money for what need to have inorder to stand on stage in high level

option 2  seem to be a decent option but with liars...you never know can be all 3 in no specific order,, he is big abuser  and big abusers...well they pay price

gh15 approved

::)

there's maybe 20 spots in the pro ranks where someone can make money to live off of.  then, there are the black market dope dealers like you.  the mistake he is making is the same one as melvin anthony, there is no market for an acting bber, so he should take the next 2-4 yrs and find a trade like richard jones.   everyone can't meet jay and get hooked up like phil.

sorry, melvin actually hustled up a woman, successful asian restaurant owner, with some money.  my bad, melvin.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2012, 11:30:22 PM »
OK, so am I stupid if I think it's possible to compete at Olympia level (and top5 at other shows)...spending under $1500 a month (food and gear)...?

Opinions?

All depends on gh. You can do 20 iu and tons of gear and plenty of food (somewhat restricted by budget) for around 1500. That should give anyone a chance.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
No doubt Jeff has his reasons for (saying he is) quiting competitive bodybuilding. Whether those reasons are honestly the ones he gave or not is for him to know. All the rest of us can do is speculate. And without doubt, we will do that.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2012, 03:53:17 AM »
Everyone wants to be a Bber, but no one wants to suck some dicks.  :-X
A

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2012, 05:17:51 AM »
I didn't know Jeff long was still relevant?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2012, 05:50:01 AM »
He was more than likely never gonna` win or place well anyway.................. .not with a poor sport attitude anyway........the body will follow the mind,if the mind is in loser mode,there ya` go!!

He didn`t do well in his two pro outings........boo fucking hoo.

C` ya!!

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2012, 06:05:56 AM »
OK, so am I stupid if I think it's possible to compete at Olympia level (and top5 at other shows)...spending under $1500 a month (food and gear)...?

Opinions?

You can, but people like Kevin English or David Henry who spend 4-5k per month are gonna kick your ass.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2012, 06:12:12 AM »
260 lb 5'8 to 5'9 8-9% bodyfat = tution of a good private university

there you go i concluded this all balonie discussion i also wrotre it in bible long time ago ,,

inorder to be 250+ 5'9 8% bodyfat you will hav eto spend close to a private univerisity tuition ,, 4 year! tuition

so when you ask a bodybuild why he didnt go to colege ...you got your answer,,

and...most of bodybuild are dealers of some kind,, you wil nevere find a true 250+ single digit that walk around and he is just a serious good kido bodybuild and shy loonely ,, lol they are all fuckin dealers lol running operations ,, they all around girls ,, their all life style is caotic thats why they dont get anywhere in bodybuild,, am i harsh ? hell yes im harsh but this is! the truth!,,

you will NEVER see a 250lb bodybuild that is 5'10 or so ...that is just hard working bodybuild that come to gymnaisum go home and does nthing but play with his dogs lol ,, they are all party drug pushers,, from x to god knows what else,, and ofcourse many of them are dealers of hormones,,

how the fuck do you think they could get to 250lb in single digit when they can hardly touch the fuckin light switch up there to turn off the fan before they go to sleep due to how short they are....

FUCKING DRUG ADDICTS! DRUG DEALERS! ,, THE END

NONE STOP SUPPLY ,, ALOT OF SUPPLY ,, AND! THEY STOP AT NOGHITN,, MAJORITY OF THEM ADDICTED TO NARCOTICS ,,

you dont like what i say ? DONT FUCKING READ GH15

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2012, 06:17:24 AM »
You can, but people like Kevin English or David Henry who spend 4-5k per month are gonna kick your ass.

I think the biggest thing is ultimately time.  Bodybuilders who have contracts can eat, sleep, and train without having to work 40 hours a week making their contest preparation a lot easier.  While you do have folks like Ronnie Coleman and Darrem Charles who worked a full time job while winning contests, its a rare thing to see.

As far as contest expenses are concerned, I can't see any top IFBB pro doing a show for less than $4000 dollars....that meaning 12 weeks of food, supplements, grooming, travel expenses, nutritionist, sundries, etc.    
A

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2012, 06:55:10 AM »

I think the biggest thing is ultimately time.  Bodybuilders who have contracts can eat, sleep, and train without having to work 40 hours a week making their contest preparation a lot easier.

You're a complete retard. You know what most "contracts" pay? It's ridicolous, pathetic. I know for a fact what Roelly, who is a good pro, gets for his MD contract - you would laugh.

Most "contracts", even for pros, pay in protein powder and magazine coverage. The Top 5-6 guys (Jay, Branch, Evan, Philsulina, Wolf) get paid enough to focus solely on eating, sleeping and training, the rest gets pathetic peanuts.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
You're a complete retard. You know what most "contracts" pay? It's ridicolous, pathetic. I know for a fact what Roelly, who is a good pro, gets for his MD contract - you would laugh.

Most "contracts", even for pros, pay in protein powder and magazine coverage. The Top 5-6 guys (Jay, Branch, Evan, Philsulina, Wolf) get paid enough to focus solely on eating, sleeping and training, the rest gets pathetic peanuts.

Pay attention to what I say next time.  I said that bodybuilders who don't have to work a 40 hour a week job have an easier time to prep.  I didn't even comment on contracts or etc.

Besides that, there are many other easy ways that bodybuilders do that other than having a contract....most of the time they mooch off their girlfriends or parents or someone else until they "make it big"..... ::)  Some people actually set up web pages asking for donations and surprisingly enough, begging actually makes a lot of money.  Some set up "online consulting services".  Then you have people that simply spend their time ripping people off.

A

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2012, 07:15:13 AM »
Personal training = easy money and most non-contracted jobless pros should be able to pull it off.

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2012, 07:35:46 AM »
260 lb 5'8 to 5'9 8-9% bodyfat = tution of a good private university

there you go i concluded this all balonie discussion i also wrotre it in bible long time ago ,,

inorder to be 250+ 5'9 8% bodyfat you will hav eto spend close to a private univerisity tuition ,, 4 year! tuition

so when you ask a bodybuild why he didnt go to colege ...you got your answer,,

and...most of bodybuild are dealers of some kind,, you wil nevere find a true 250+ single digit that walk around and he is just a serious good kido bodybuild and shy loonely ,, lol they are all fuckin dealers lol running operations ,, they all around girls ,, their all life style is caotic thats why they dont get anywhere in bodybuild,, am i harsh ? hell yes im harsh but this is! the truth!,,

you will NEVER see a 250lb bodybuild that is 5'10 or so ...that is just hard working bodybuild that come to gymnaisum go home and does nthing but play with his dogs lol ,, they are all party drug pushers,, from x to god knows what else,, and ofcourse many of them are dealers of hormones,,

how the fuck do you think they could get to 250lb in single digit when they can hardly touch the fuckin light switch up there to turn off the fan before they go to sleep due to how short they are....
FUCKING DRUG ADDICTS! DRUG DEALERS! ,, THE END

NONE STOP SUPPLY ,, ALOT OF SUPPLY ,, AND! THEY STOP AT NOGHITN,, MAJORITY OF THEM ADDICTED TO NARCOTICS ,,

you dont like what i say ? DONT FUCKING READ GH15

gh15 approved

This is a pefect example of how funny this dude is!!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2012, 08:01:34 AM »
Personal training = easy money and most non-contracted jobless pros should be able to pull it off.

its a 40+ hour job and you gotta have good sales and time management skills along with actually teaching people to train.
A

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2012, 08:02:39 AM »

its a 40+ hour job and you gotta have good sales and time management skills along with actually teaching people to train.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2012, 08:08:52 AM »
so if u avg 1500 month and total 3 month prep costs 5000 g's and show is 10,000 purse u finish 6th on and get 1000 back on placing if that with no sponsor or coverage your in it for the love of it only....

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2012, 08:10:21 AM »

If you think you can just waltz into a job and start making personal training, by all means go right ahead.... ;D
A

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2012, 08:14:59 AM »
Jeff Long posted on his facebook that he is no longer competing. He was supposed to win the NY pro show, or at least that's what he claimed. Did gh15 clear the filt. ;)

<prick>

when you say NO LONGER , you dont need to followup with ANYMORE

so either " Jeff Long is NO LONGER competing", or "Jeff Long is not competing ANYMORE"

</prick>

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2012, 08:37:04 AM »

I haven't criticized Chick...I simply disagreed with him in his assessment of Jeff Long's comments and without the usual trash talk about the "Mirage Hotel" and Ice Machine follies. 

Its a discussion, dum ass.  Go back to digging cheese out of your ass for its the only thing you've accomplished in life other than getting pwned to oblivion here.

Sure you did. You undermined his career by saying he "only" won one pro show and it was the masters. At least it came off that way. By the way, Bob is right and you are wrong

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2012, 08:38:21 AM »

Really not that hard for most people with half a brain,but I do know a lot of guys with literally no people skills at all.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2012, 08:52:26 AM »
No doubt Jeff has his reasons for (saying he is) quiting competitive bodybuilding. Whether those reasons are honestly the ones he gave or not is for him to know. All the rest of us can do is speculate. And without doubt, we will do that.

yes, and because this is getbig, everyone automatically assumes it is because he is broke and doesn't want to do g4p or he is about to die from abusing hormones. No one really knows why

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2012, 08:54:26 AM »
Sure you did. You undermined his career by saying he "only" won one pro show and it was the masters. At least it came off that way. By the way, Bob is right and you are wrong

He only did win one show and my point in bringing that up was in relation to Jeff Long being upset.  He doesn't want to just be at the Olympia or just win a few shows but he wants to win the Mr Olympia and he does not have the funds to compete at that level which has gone up sharply since Chick has competed.

Chick has a point in Jeff whining but at the same time Jeff also has one in pointing out the lack of funds for competitors in the IFBB.  I'm not saying that the IFBB should pay athletes their bills but they should make an effort to assist their athletes in helping them in financial management and helping them find work opportunities to help them....you know...teach them how to fish.
A

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2012, 08:54:40 AM »
yes, and because this is getbig, everyone automatically assumes it is because he is broke and doesn't want to do g4p or he is about to die from abusing hormones. No one really knows why
maybe he dosen't want to pin him self every day anymore  just to walk out of the house to the grocery store cause evryone know's him as the 'big guy'around town.