Author Topic: Arms wont grow need new split  (Read 1483 times)

Naxa

• Getbig II
Arms wont grow need new split
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
My arms are sitting at 16.5 cold - 17pumped and just won't grow i train them twice a week though. I have been planning to do ARMS once a week on a separate day untill now i have been doing tris with chest and bis with back this is my current split;

Mon; Back + Bis
Tue; Chest + Tricep
Wens; Rest
Thurs; Shoulders + Back + Bicep
Friday; OFF
Saturday/Sunday; legs (only can work one day in the weekend because i rotate from sat-sun working days every week so can only train one day in weekend)

I think i am overtraining and need a new split where i hit bis/triceps on a separate day, i was thinking something like this;

Mon;arms   
Tue;shoulder + chest
Wens;REST
Thurs; back   
Friday;off
Weekend; (only can workout one day changes every week as i have to work one day every weekend) legs

Mabye any input? i can take another rest day but friday i have to go work right after school so can't go to gym and one day in weekend off aswell

Bigger is Better

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
Re: Arms wont grow need new split
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »
don't train arms twice.
Use one day for arms and use volume.
Focus on cables (ropes) and dbs for triceps and dbs for biceps. Always start with hammer curls.
Rest more

Chest and shoulders
back
rest
legs
arms
rest
rest
Boundary Breaker

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:53:22 AM »
Train bis and tris together.....It will make a world of difference.

IMHO

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 08:01:14 AM »
if you get the funds i would say get a weight bench and 2 squat stands(better a rack but it takes up space) and a barbell set and train when you want and you can train how you want. No time limits and stress. I agree with training arms on their own. Arms are better trained with supersets.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »
I got good results training bis and tris the same day. 3 exercises of 3 sets for tris and 3 exercises of 2 sets for bis. It's a very easy workout but works for me. It gave me results after 4 years of training naturally so I stick with it.  ;)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 07:47:53 PM »
if you get the funds i would say get a weight bench and 2 squat stands(better a rack but it takes up space) and a barbell set and train when you want and you can train how you want. No time limits and stress. I agree with training arms on their own. Arms are better trained with supersets.

Yes! buying weights it's a smart move if you have the money and you lack the time. I bought an ez bar, a par of adjustable dumbbells and 50 kgs in plates. I can train shoulders and bis really good, tris mmm not really, I don't like it but I train them at home anyway. I will buy a good bench but right now I'm still a student and I don't have the money, so i'll have to wait a couple of months to buy it.