Author Topic: Planet Fitness - Oops, they did it again!  (Read 23788 times)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: Planet Fitness - Oops, they did it again!
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2012, 08:40:19 AM »
Ah,,Roanoke, Va...ever been up to the star, and the Zoo that they have up there? 220 is like a racetrack, except don't speed thru Boonesmille.
[/quote

I'm originally from the Star City amigo.  (Go Colonels)
~

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2012, 08:42:10 AM »
Ah,,Roanoke, Va...ever been up to the star, and the Zoo that they have up there? 220 is like a racetrack, except don't speed thru Boonesmille.

I have fam in Rocky Mt, Va.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2012, 08:43:47 AM »
I have fam in Rocky Mt, Va.

Good old Franklin County (one time Moonshine capital of the world)

I used to go to the Franklin County Speedway when I was a little fellow.
~

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2012, 08:53:05 AM »
I have been to the star. I had to spend 3 months there off and on. I have returned 2x since. I thought people were joking about the star. This guy I work with took me up there one night. I go out on the deck area and all I see is couples. I told the co-worker "Man, we look really gay here". He laughed his ass off and bolted. I am sure you know this but they have a webcam on the star. Beautiful view at night and real romantic if you are with the right person and not some guy.  ;)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2012, 09:01:05 AM »

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2012, 09:05:26 AM »
I have been to the star. I had to spend 3 months there off and on. I have returned 2x since. I thought people were joking about the star. This guy I work with took me up there one night. I go out on the deck area and all I see is couples. I told the co-worker "Man, we look really gay here". He laughed his ass off and bolted. I am sure you know this but they have a webcam on the star. Beautiful view at night and real romantic if you are with the right person and not some guy.  ;)

It's a nice attraction.  I guess they still have the Mill Mountain Zoo as well.

It's torn down now, but from the Star one could once look down on Victory Stadium (most famous for the 1971 Va. State Championship won by TC Williams "Remember the Titans")...except in the film they called it "Roanoke Stadium" and the championship game was not a last-second victory but rather a 27-0 bitch-slapping of Andrew Lewis (Salem).
~

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2012, 09:07:48 AM »
 ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »
Do they still have a Zoo up there...I like Natural Bridge as well...Ol' GW had some balls putting his name up there...
Good old Franklin County (one time Moonshine capital of the world)

I used to go to the Franklin County Speedway when I was a little fellow.
I would see a lot of Muscle Cars on 220 heading towards Martinsville.
And there is a place where, it's in the hilly or mountain part, where this guy owns land and he has nothing buy old cars on the hill, you drive thru and you look up and down the gulley, and literally hundreds of old cars---Mustangs, Cudas, you name it...and he won't sell them. He is the guy that has hot rods each yr at some parade in Rocky Mount,Va or Franklin Co shindig.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2012, 09:19:53 AM »
Do they still have a Zoo up there...I like Natural Bridge as well...Ol' GW had some balls putting his name up there...I would see a lot of Muscle Cars on 220 heading towards Martinsville.
And there is a place where, it's in the hilly or mountain part, where this guy owns land and he has nothing buy old cars on the hill, you drive thru and you look up and down the gulley, and literally hundreds of old cars---Mustangs, Cudas, you name it...and he won't sell them. He is the guy that has hot rods each yr at some parade in Rocky Mount,Va or Franklin Co shindig.

I did not notice the zoo, it was at night. Plus it was after dinner and I had a few drinks with dinner. Hmmm, this co-worker drinks with me then takes me up on this mountain to see a star. You know what, I think he may have wanted to fuck me, you know?

A few of the guys I had to train in Roanoke are bear hunters. They would tell me about their dogs getting ate by bears. Those fuckers were nuts.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »
I did not notice the zoo, it was at night. Plus it was after dinner and I had a few drinks with dinner. Hmmm, this co-worker drinks with me then takes me up on this mountain to see a star. You know what, I think he may have wanted to fuck me, you know?

A few of the guys I had to train in Roanoke are bear hunters. They would tell me about their dogs getting ate by bears. Those fuckers were nuts.
Maybe he was trying to screw you...

They recently had to shot a bear that went into the hospital---that was a few yrs ago...
But, these are black bears, I know they can do damage, but eating the dogs?!
That something I think a Grizzy would do.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »
Maybe he was trying to screw you...

They recently had to shot a bear that went into the hospital---that was a few yrs ago...
But, these are black bears, I know they can do damage, but eating the dogs?!
That something I think a Grizzy would do.

The last time I was there one of their technicians came in with his hunting rifle. It was all busted up. He said his dog cornered a black bear in his yard and the bear got ahold of him and he "beat it off" with his rifle. I didn't ask anymore questions once he said he beat off the bear. But I did not see any bear jizz on the rifle.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2012, 11:27:08 AM »
What about gyms that draft your monthly dues then pick up and move in the middle of the night but still draft your account had it to happen to me twice fuck them. I train at home now.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »
What about gyms that draft your monthly dues then pick up and move in the middle of the night but still draft your account had it to happen to me twice fuck them. I train at home now.

The one complaint I haven't heard about Planet Fatness is about this issue.  I'll give credit where it's due.
~

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2012, 02:10:51 PM »
Can the lunk alarm go off when these fatasses take a step?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2012, 02:30:15 PM »
pizza night at a gym.  spit!

When you're 8% bodyfat and on 30ius of HGH with all the other fixings, Pizza night is the best idea in the world...The only thing better would be Ice cream and liquid egg whites night...

GH15 approved

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2012, 02:31:37 PM »
Can the lunk alarm go off when these fatasses take a step?
No, only when they fall.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »
The whole planet fitness thing bewilders me.

just the fact they are so cheap is the reason people really join there the whole no judgment thing is overrated IMO.

Want to not get bone heads (big or not since many are small) training there then simply have each member sign a code of conduct when they join and throw them out when they break it.

When I was a younger I worked in some rat hole gyms and I turned each one around behavior wise. It would be even easier now with security cameras and the like.

Running a gym is like running a nite club. A few bad apples wreck it for everyone.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
I heard they do BF tests and if you're below 15% you get kicked out

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2012, 03:05:28 PM »
beheadings should be mandatory for this shit.
Damn right send them to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico they will take care of business.

Ironraider

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2012, 06:58:57 PM »
How could this shit be?? "Judgement free zone"...right?  Ahhh the fucking hypocrisy...time for some pizza...

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2012, 08:31:41 PM »
Their whole business model is based on ghost clients and clients that grossly under used the faculties.
Im going to make on all you can eat restaurant with a "fat ass alarm" that sounds every time someone gets a 2nd plate.  :D
A

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2012, 06:48:43 AM »
Their whole business model is based on ghost clients and clients that grossly under used the faculties.
Im going to make on all you can eat restaurant with a "fat ass alarm" that sounds every time someone gets a 2nd plate.  :D

You're right.  All gyms turn a profit by having members who stop showing up. Hardcore gyms have the most dedicated clients.  You can imagine that Planet Fitness has to have the most undedicated members.  They can sign massive amount of members with auto renew credit card membership.  Most gyms today won't let you pay in cash because they want you to sign a contract giving them access to your checking account or credit card so they can auto renew.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2012, 06:52:19 AM »
You're right.  All gyms turn a profit by having members who stop showing up. Hardcore gyms have the most dedicated clients.  You can imagine that Planet Fitness has to have the most undedicated members.  They can sign massive amount of members with auto renew credit card membership.  Most gyms today won't let you pay in cash because they want you to sign a contract giving them access to your checking account or credit card so they can auto renew.
I go to a 24/hour gym that cost 7.95 a month---19.00 start up fee, no contract, and can end it anytime I want.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2012, 08:18:49 AM »
They wouldn't pull no lunk alarm on this guy... ;D

A