Author Topic: Zyzz vs Frank Zane - Who would win  (Read 107932 times)

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
Re: Zyzz vs Frank Zane - Who would win
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2012, 02:53:50 PM »
1. Frank Zane is overrated.

2. Zyzz is a hyped up nobody (RIP) and should not be mentioned ever again.

3. End of thread.

qbkilla

• Getbig III
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2012, 04:04:03 PM »
ZZZ is worthless just like any other twink, didn't they test him for AAS at his autopsy and he tested positive for semen?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2012, 05:35:30 PM »
C`mon Rich,there are tons of guys walking around looking just like zane!  ;D

Some of these gym rats here who are juicing can't win a small contest but think they are in the same league as Frank Zane. Delusional.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2012, 05:43:45 PM »
Some of these gym rats here who are juicing can't win a small contest but think they are in the same league as Frank Zane. Delusional.
;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2012, 05:50:01 PM »
Zyzz  ::)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2012, 06:16:21 PM »

yup. if it was just a height, weight and bodyfat contest i'd be one of the best. i compete at 5'9, 235 and 4%. i should look awesome at those stats, yet i still look like crap.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »
yup. if it was just a height, weight and bodyfat contest i'd be one of the best. i compete at 5'9, 235 and 4%. i should look awesome at those stats, yet i still look like crap.
I wouldn`t say you look like crap bro......one of the best builds on this board and in your contest days,one of the best in Canada.

qbkilla

• Getbig III
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2012, 06:48:22 PM »
wtf at that pic?  what was wrong with ZZZ was he mentally retarded?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2012, 07:06:05 PM »
I wouldn`t say you look like crap bro......one of the best builds on this board and in your contest days,one of the best in Canada.

And I'm still waiting to see scans showing how zane shouldve been beaten in 77-79 by bbers competing outside ifbb ;D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2012, 07:08:50 PM »
1. Frank Zane is overrated.

2. Zyzz is a hyped up nobody (RIP) and should not be mentioned ever again.

3. End of thread.

Zane won 3 olympias

Why is he overrated?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2012, 10:10:31 PM »

And I'm still waiting to see scans showing how zane shouldve been beaten in 77-79 by bbers competing outside ifbb ;D

oh ya, sorry, forgot.  i scan things and they have too much to post on here.

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2012, 11:14:45 PM »
Zane won 3 olympias

Why is he overrated?

His physique never impressed me that much. Never saw the big deal what so ever. Plus he was small. :)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2012, 11:30:28 PM »
oh ya, sorry, forgot.  i scan things and they have too much to post on here.

Cool, if and when you can, like to see them!
 8)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2012, 11:38:26 PM »
His physique never impressed me that much. Never saw the big deal what so ever. Plus he was small. :)

I understand personal preference

There was no-one like zane ever, only reeves had perfect proportions, but not the conditioning. Nubret did not look as  good in mandatories or variations, labrada and benfatto too short, sarcev and paris had weaknesses in their era that were unfairly against them.

Zane was very experienced, he'd been competing since late 50s I think, already a cover model in 60s, he gradually built a proportionate ripped to shreds, dry physique, that was unbeatable. Smaller, but what presence. Small? Never. In 1980 if not for the injury, and no fix, hed have won his 4th

No current pro can use the tools available to zane in the 70s and look remotely as good today.l

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
I understand personal preference

There was no-one like zane ever, only reeves had perfect proportions, but not the conditioning. Nubret did not look as  good in mandatories or variations, labrada and benfatto too short, sarcev and paris had weaknesses in their era that were unfairly against them.

Zane was very experienced, he'd been competing since late 50s I think, already a cover model in 60s, he gradually built a proportionate ripped to shreds, dry physique, that was unbeatable. Smaller, but what presence. Small? Never. In 1980 if not for the injury, and no fix, hed have won his 4th

No current pro can use the tools available to zane in the 70s and look remotely as good today.l

Disagree brother.

Zane is overrated.

He had real structural flaws so do 99% of guys, but he gets put on a pedestal.

It's not fair to compare the Z douche to Zane, Frank had a good decade of training on him.

Young pics of Zane:

Not particularly impressed a lot of flaws here.

if you are an ecto with decent shape you should surpass this type of build.

Trans Milkshake.

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2012, 11:01:10 AM »
Zane looked incredible.  Conditioned, proportioned, lots of muscle(relatively speaking) and an excellent poser.  In addition to all that, he also looked healthy and athletic!  The same cannot be said for many of his contemporaries or ANY of today's pro's.  That being said, I think Serge looked better as did Mentzer, while standing relaxed and facing the camera.  Never saw them in the flesh though.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2012, 11:10:28 AM »
Can't see your pics

No zane has not been surpassed.

Who has looked better at 5'9" 190-200lbs using what was available at the time

Who today could

Of course he had flaws, everyone has flaws. Rory had flaws, paris had flaws

Arnold had flaws, yates had flaws, etc

Nubret, arguably one of the best built men ever, looked fantastic standing semi-relaxed, but doing a arms overhead pose, was a big problem, his  thickness disappeared
Zane hid every flaw, and highlighted his strenghts, every pose was tailored to his physique, much like his body was built same way

Zane was not a small guy that couldn't get bigger and decided to go for the ripped look to pick up chicks like johny at the local gymor xyZzzzz. Zane couldve weighed 220 and looked like shit, or gone for huge arms and legs, etc, instead, everything was balanced and flowed, that's what zane fans appreciate, the perfect tris, quad outer sweep on the lower quad, not huge inner thighs, perfect pec, delt and arm balance, conditioning, etc

Yes, younger he was a work in progress, he peaked late,

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2012, 12:06:38 PM »
my only Zane impression - 1990

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »
my only Zane impression - 1990

Looking great as always Haz..
By the way..for the newbies on here..not only is Hazbin a True bodybuilder in every sense of the word..but he's also a great guy. He goes out of his way for people ..is always honest and a straight shooter..plus when it comes to driving cars like Vettes..Vipers..you name it..plus living in beautiful homes..this guy does all of that. But he's too decent and modest to talk about it.
hazbin = awesome all around dude.
Hope I didn't embarrass you. Just giving you your props.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2012, 12:29:50 PM »
Can't see your pics

No zane has not been surpassed.

Who has looked better at 5'9" 190-200lbs using what was available at the time

Who today could

Of course he had flaws, everyone has flaws. Rory had flaws, paris had flaws

Arnold had flaws, yates had flaws, etc

Nubret, arguably one of the best built men ever, looked fantastic standing semi-relaxed, but doing a arms overhead pose, was a big problem, his  thickness disappeared
Zane hid every flaw, and highlighted his strenghts, every pose was tailored to his physique, much like his body was built same way

Zane was not a small guy that couldn't get bigger and decided to go for the ripped look to pick up chicks like johny at the local gymor xyZzzzz. Zane couldve weighed 220 and looked like shit, or gone for huge arms and legs, etc, instead, everything was balanced and flowed, that's what zane fans appreciate, the perfect tris, quad outer sweep on the lower quad, not huge inner thighs, perfect pec, delt and arm balance, conditioning, etc

Yes, younger he was a work in progress, he peaked late,

What i'm saying is that compared to most bodybuilders Zane looked good, wider world not so much.

Different world nowadays with training and drug awareness.

There are thousands of guys that surpass Zane they just aren't in bodybuilding, because modern bodybuilding doesn't reward that type of physique.

Try comparing a 20-25 year old Zane to others. Zane was not impressive as a younger guy.
Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »

What i'm saying is that compared to most bodybuilders Zane looked good, wider world not so much.

There are thousands of guys that surpass Zane they just aren't in bodybuilding, because modern bodybuilding doesn't reward that type of physique.

Try comparing a 20-25 year old Zane to others. Zane was not impressive as a younger guy.

Where are these thousands that surpassed Zane? where?  ???

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2012, 12:40:36 PM »
Where are these thousands that surpassed Zane? where?  ???

Fitness, Top Amateurs and the like.

Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »

Fitness, Top Amateurs and the like.

Surpassed him in what? at what? there isn't one guy since Zane hit this shot that can replicate it

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2012, 12:45:48 PM »

Like I said, different world. That is why using what zane had available in 70s, todays guys cannot match zane.
And nobody has, much less 1000s

Unless of course you can provide an example?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2012, 12:48:15 PM »

That's a pretty premature assumption to make don't you think?  That he could have gotten bigger if he wanted to but instead decided to go for the ripped/proportioned look.  How do you know he wasn't trying to get bigger?  How does someone train who does not want to get bigger?  Less intensity, lower nutrients, drugs, etc. than they would if they were trying harder? lol.  I think anyone competing Especially at the Mr. Olympia level will try to get bigger if their genetics allow.  Yes he didn't have access to the drugs that are available today, but I think he got as big as he possibly could with what was available to him at the time.