Author Topic: Grizzly bear attack...  (Read 22620 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Grizzly bear attack...
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »
Looks like a hit a nerve. 

Nice meltdown Victor.  I actually have been sending you into full meltdown mode lately.  Looks like I own you.

Oh fuck, this post had to come from Cock Train.

Don't even get me started. I will be posting my Gorilla Vs Bear analyses that I have been working on for 3 years now. It goes for 20 pages and has enormous evidence to back it up and reasonable speculations and conclusions.

Let's just say that Cock Train is wrong about this, which is not surprising since he doesen't know shit about fighting in general as his MMA posts demonstrates, and his ignorance about human fighting extends into the animal kingdom as well.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 02:32:32 PM »
  I agree that if a gorilla and a bear met, the bear would be the aggressor, but it does not follow the gorilla wouldn't fight after attacked. All animals fight to live. Even buffalo, who are graminous animals, fight their predators when attacked. Also, gorillas are nasty when enraged. The expression "going ape shit" exists for a reason...and the gorilla is actually more formidably armed than the bear. The bear has as it's only weapons claws that wouldn't do any damage to the gorilla unless the bear swiped at the throat. The gorilla has two 2" canines and a bite pressure powerful enough to perforate trees until the pith, arms that can bash with the power of a sledge hammer and dexterous, human-like hands that can use rocks and sticks as weapons or grab limbs and tear them apart. In facts, gorillas have been seen throwing rocks during fights.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Gorilla canines are more blunt, bears are like big dogs.
look under Gorillas
http://skullduggery.com/Lessons/0960-3.pdf

also
Dogs 1, bears 0
[/youtube]

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2012, 03:05:33 PM »

Ronnie destroying Lee Priest in that clip.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »
I just spent a half hour watching youtube videos of animals trying to kill other animals  :D

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »
i just think that when it came down to it the bear would rip the gorilla to shreds.   :-\   ???

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2012, 04:14:59 PM »
 There is no evidence whatsoever that any adult male gorilla has ever been killed by a leopard. Period. There was a case of a very large leopard at close to 300 lbs who ambushed and killed a black back - a gorilla before puberty. So basically, an abnormally large leopard killed a gorilla of primary school age. Who gives a shit? Does this mean an average leopard at 200 lbs would be able to kill a mountain gorilla at 450 lbs? The leopard wouldn't even try, because instinctivelly it understands what would happen if it did. In fact, lowland gorillas are smaller than mountain gorillas and live close to lions who are much larger than leopards, and lions don't even try hunting gorillas even when there are none of their prey around and they are starving. What does that tell you?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

"George Schaller reported that a silverback gorilla and a leopard were both found dead from mutually inflicted wounds"

suckmymuscle

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
"George Schaller reported that a silverback gorilla and a leopard were both found dead from mutually inflicted wounds"

Sources? If they were found dead, how do you know they killed each other? Maybe the injuries in the body of the gorilla were caused by another gorilla. Gorillas have fangs, and the injuries from fangs can resemble those from claws on certain circumstances.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 08:40:20 PM »
George Schaller was a photographer and gorilla/primate expert that worked for National Geographic. So he's certainly credible. I think a guy that actually worked with live gorillas in the wild is certainly capable of determining how the animals died.

So the question should be, can your gorillas even defeat leopards more than 50% of the time, before they can think about taking on the awesome power of a Grizzly. It would be insulting to Kodiaks and Polar bears to insinuate that a gorilla is in the same league as they are--the equivalent of Dana White giving Brock Lesnar the title after 4 fights with tier-b fighters.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 10:40:20 PM »
i have long been a Bear advocate in this debate but Suck has some good arguments and has obviously done a great deal of research into the matter, probably more so than even i. so idk.

oh and leopards typically do not fuck with gorillas in the wild. gorillas are much heavier and stronger and typically it is the leopard who ends up running away.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2012, 10:47:15 PM »
i have long been a Bear advocate in this debate but Suck has some good arguments and has obviously done a great deal of research into the matter, probably more so than even i. so idk.

oh and leopards typically do not fuck with gorillas in the wild. gorillas are much heavier and stronger and typically it is the leopard who ends up running away.

SMM doesn't have extensive first hand experience in the wild with gorillas--as National Geographic photographer and primate expert George Schaller does.

Also, "leopards typically do not fuck with gorillas in the wild" is meaningless. Many animals try to avoid conflict if possible. A video was posted of a bear being run off by dogs. By your logic this would mean a dog is tougher than a bear--which of course is nonsense. We DO however have a reported incident of a leopard being the equal of a gorilla.

Therefore, the assertion that a gorilla could beat a grizzly, much less a kodiak is rediculous and insulting to bears.
I will concede that a gorilla may be able to defeat a black bear--albeit with difficulty.

Kodiaks are in another league.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:36 PM »
A large male grizzly can take a .357 magnum to the head several times without any skull penetration (I know this because one of the wardens was mauled during a release and his .357 didn't do sh**)... So I have no choice but to give this fight, very easily, to a grizzly of the aforementioned size. They can run faster, they are 3 times the size, 6 inch claws... the Grizz wins.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2012, 12:25:09 AM »
SMM doesn't have extensive first hand experience in the wild with gorillas--as National Geographic photographer and primate expert George Schaller does.

Also, "leopards typically do not fuck with gorillas in the wild" is meaningless. Many animals try to avoid conflict if possible. A video was posted of a bear being run off by dogs. By your logic this would mean a dog is tougher than a bear--which of course is nonsense. We DO however have a reported incident of a leopard being the equal of a gorilla.

Therefore, the assertion that a gorilla could beat a grizzly, much less a kodiak is rediculous and insulting to bears.
I will concede that a gorilla may be able to defeat a black bear--albeit with difficulty.

Kodiaks are in another league.

you are wrong.leopards do not mess with gorillas generally because they know the gorillas can fuck them up. your little dog video is irrelevant to this discussion -there are also plenty of divers who have swum with and 'fought off' great whites and survived - all it means is it wasnt interested. if it wished to the bear could have devastated any dogs.

but yeah i still have to give the edge to a kodiak, polar, or large grizzly to a gorilla - just too much size advantage.

oh and a decent .357 mag load will DEFINITELY penetrate its skull. maybe not stop it in its tracks depending on shot placement, but it can certainly enter its skull

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2012, 12:56:24 AM »
you are wrong.leopards do not mess with gorillas generally because they know the gorillas can fuck them up. your little dog video is irrelevant to this discussion -there are also plenty of divers who have swum with and 'fought off' great whites and survived - all it means is it wasnt interested. if it wished to the bear could have devastated any dogs.

but yeah i still have to give the edge to a kodiak, polar, or large grizzly to a gorilla - just too much size advantage.

oh and a decent .357 mag load will DEFINITELY penetrate its skull. maybe not stop it in its tracks depending on shot placement, but it can certainly enter its skull

You either believe bears can beat gorillas or you don't. Quit this mealy-mouthed fence-sitting bullshit

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2012, 12:57:45 AM »
If they have a silverback gorilla nasser with them that would thwart any bear attack and actually send the bear running for mercy  :D

fixed :D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2012, 12:58:46 AM »
Zoo lions catch a big bird.

i thought that the male must eat first :-X

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2012, 01:06:41 AM »
you're know to make errors sherief...

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2012, 01:57:12 AM »
you're know to make errors sherief...

no.. male lions do eat first in the wild because they are the leaders and the protectors of the pride.. in the zoo their role as protectors is not there and so females may deal with them as their equal!!..

suckmymuscle

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2012, 02:23:24 AM »
George Schaller was a photographer and gorilla/primate expert that worked for National Geographic. So he's certainly credible. I think a guy that actually worked with live gorillas in the wild is certainly capable of determining how the animals died.

So the question should be, can your gorillas even defeat leopards more than 50% of the time, before they can think about taking on the awesome power of a Grizzly. It would be insulting to Kodiaks and Polar bears to insinuate that a gorilla is in the same league as they are--the equivalent of Dana White giving Brock Lesnar the title after 4 fights with tier-b fighters.

I am still waiting for the sources. And you haven't answered my question: if they were found dead, then how can you possibly know they killed each other? Encyclopedia Britannica especifically states that leopards have been rumored to prey on gorillas, but that there is no evidence that an adult male mountain gorilla has ever been killed by one.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2012, 02:32:09 AM »
A large male grizzly can take a .357 magnum to the head several times without any skull penetration (I know this because one of the wardens was mauled during a release and his .357 didn't do sh**)... So I have no choice but to give this fight, very easily, to a grizzly of the aforementioned size. They can run faster, they are 3 times the size, 6 inch claws... the Grizz wins.

1. Can you supply evidence that any grizzly has survived multiple shots from a .357 cal Magnum? I find that hard to believe, since the skull of a bear is only about twice as thick as that of a human and the brain behind it is equally fragile.

2. Grizzlies are not 3 times the size of gorillas; they are less than twice the size, and half their bodyweight is fat compared to the gorilla which has very little bodyfat. An average mountain gorilla at 450 lbs actually has the power advantage over the average 800 lbs bear.

3. Running fast doesen't mean shit unless if it is to run away from the fight, in which case the gorilla wins by default. Can a sprinter beat a pro MMA fighter in a fight? No, even though he can run faster.

4. A bear's claws would not cause any lethal damage to the gorilla unless it hit the carotide artery on the neck or poked the gorillas eyes out. Both are unlikely to happen in a fight. The gorillas canines and biting pressure, it's freakish arm strength and dexterous hands are more formidable weapons than the bear's paw swipes.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2012, 02:39:37 AM »
  There is no evidence whatsoever that a leopard has ever killed a silverback, but siberian tigers hunt and kill bears all the time. These are usually brown bears, which are smaller than grizzlies, but Russians used to pit grizzlies against siberian tigers back in the 19th century and in many cases the tigers won.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2012, 03:10:53 AM »
 There is no evidence whatsoever that a leopard has ever killed a silverback, but siberian tigers hunt and kill bears all the time. These are usually brown bears, which are smaller than grizzlies, but Russians used to pit grizzlies against siberian tigers back in the 19th century and in many cases the tigers won.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

you are talking as if leopards are comparable to tigers ::)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2012, 04:34:03 AM »
look under Gorillas

also
Dogs 1, bears 0
[/youtube]

lol the bear being a huge bodybuilder in a club talking shit, but when he facea couple of 150lbs boxer/mma fighters with tough guy attitudes he backs down, lol typical :D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »
you are talking as if leopards are comparable to tigers.

Of course not. But grizzlies are 800 lbs compared to only 450 lbs for gorillas, so the size difference is the same between siberian tigers vs grizzlies and leopards vs gorillas. The largest siberian tigers are 600 lbs whilst the largest grizzlies are up to 1,300 lbs. Mountain gorillas are 450 lbs whilst the largest leopards are about 300 lbs. So the comparison stands. And siberian tigers have actually killed grizzlies, but leopards have never been seen killing gorillas.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »
look under Gorillas

also
Dogs 1, bears 0
[/youtube]

Yeah, gorillas canines are so blunt that they can perforate the trunks of trees until they reach the pith. And wood is a lot harder than the flesh of a bear. STFU.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
  A computer simulation done by experts on what would happen in a fight between a gorilla and a leopard. Gorilla by decimation.

SUCKMYMUSCLE