Author Topic: Republicans in Virgina want to REQUIRE Women to have Transvaginal Ultrasounds  (Read 1610 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So much for the Party that wants to stay out of your private life

Fundie Repubs in Virginia have decided that The STATE has the right to have a look inside a womens uterus so before you can exercise your legal
right to have an abortion the state requires that you allow them to perform an invasive procedure that has no medical need and even against the will of the woman and her doctor

I'm sure Repubs on this board will immediately compare this to the Health Care legislation but keep in mind that the health care legislation offers the option of a small fine and in most cases people would be exempt from that fine and also there is no MANDATORY requirement to have any healthcare procedure but ony to have health insurance (something people always seem to want once they actually need it)

The funniest part is that the Republican Fundies were all in favor of this but as soon as it got a little attention from the media they pretended to not understand the very legislation that they passed.     These assholes knew full well what they were requiring but are too ashamed to even stand by their own freakish beliefs.     This is why I give Rick Santorum a slight bit of credit.   He has no shame at all in stating his crazy fundie beliefs and that is why his own party thinks he is dangerous......which is true

http://articles.boston.com/2012-02-24/news/31096556_1_transvaginal-procedure-bob-mcdonnell-ultrasound-exam

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
So much for the Party that wants to stay out of your private life

Fundie Repubs in Virginia have decided that The STATE has the right to have a look inside a womens uterus so before you can exercise your legal
right to have an abortion the state requires that you allow them to perform an invasive procedure that has no medical need and even against the will of the woman and her doctor

I'm sure Repubs on this board will immediately compare this to the Health Care legislation but keep in mind that the health care legislation offers the option of a small fine and in most cases people would be exempt from that fine and also there is no MANDATORY requirement to have any healthcare procedure but ony to have health insurance (something people always seem to want once they actually need it)

The funniest part is that the Republican Fundies were all in favor of this but as soon as it got a little attention from the media they pretended to not understand the very legislation that they passed.     These assholes knew full well what they were requiring but are too ashamed to even stand by their own freakish beliefs.     This is why I give Rick Santorum a slight bit of credit.   He has no shame at all in stating his crazy fundie beliefs and that is why his own party thinks he is dangerous......which is true

http://articles.boston.com/2012-02-24/news/31096556_1_transvaginal-procedure-bob-mcdonnell-ultrasound-exam
Fucked. Completely fucked.
Does neither party respect peoples liberty anymore?!

Skip8282

• Getbig V

What kind of idiot distinction is that?  It's ok to make people pay for medical services, but it's not ok to make people undergo medical services.  ::) 

I suppose we'll ignore the Democrat co-sponsors of the bill too?  Why not, sounds better to mislead.

I'll never ever ever understand the stupidity of liberals.

Obamacare is wrong.
Forcing this shit on women is wrong.

May they please all go fuck themselves.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

What kind of idiot distinction is that?  It's ok to make people pay for medical services, but it's not ok to make people undergo medical services.  ::) 

I suppose we'll ignore the Democrat co-sponsors of the bill too?  Why not, sounds better to mislead.

Obamacare is wrong.

there is no medical reason to have the ultrasounds and these aren't just the "rub your belly" kind

these are full vaginal insertion for absolutely no medical reason and agaisnt the will of both the woman and doctor

tonymctones

• Getbig V
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-virginia-abortions-20120225,0,5713201.story?track=rss

Looks like the realized it was ridiculous and went to ultrasounds, if only obama had done the same with the health care bill.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-virginia-abortions-20120225,0,5713201.story?track=rss

Looks like the realized it was ridiculous and went to ultrasounds, if only obama had done the same with the health care bill.

that's the best part

the legislature and governor knew FULL WELL what they passed and only feigned ignorance once the backlash started

tonymctones

• Getbig V
that's the best part

the legislature and governor knew FULL WELL what they passed and only feigned ignorance once the backlash started
agreed probably just wanted to see just how much they could get away with, they probably picked up the tactic from obama ;)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
talk about a waste of money ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
talk about a waste of money ::)
hahha trillions in new debt you defend and this youre worried about?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
your the one always crying yet you defend this ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
your the one always crying yet you defend this ::)
Im not defending anything but when youre bleeding buckets from self inflicted stab wounds you dont put as much emphasis on the paper cut you have on your finger ;)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
there is no medical reason to have the ultrasounds and these aren't just the "rub your belly" kind

these are full vaginal insertion for absolutely no medical reason and agaisnt the will of both the woman and doctor

Doesn't change the fact that Dems co-sponsored this shit bill and Obamacare still sucks.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Straw is just depressed because his lobbying assignment to have REQUIRED male genital washing become federal law failed miserably. Look at the bright side Straw, if Obama gets a second term-- you will probably get your wish!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Obamacare is wrong.

fyi - I ignore all claims without links

here is is a list of the sponsors or patrons

You've got 27 sponsor and only one is a Democrat and the bill passed on party lines so yeah it's "Republicans in Virginia" who wanted this

The same Republicans who no doubt believe in small government and keeping the government out of your private life

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?121+mbr+HB462

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
GOP lost the elections due to vaginas.  This will really help them out.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
GOP lost the elections due to vaginas.  This will really help them out.

Skippy just brought this up in another thread as some sort of justification for blatant lies by Bereft Fairy

Skip8282

• Getbig V
fyi - I ignore all claims without links

here is is a list of the sponsors or patrons

You've got 27 sponsor and only one is a Democrat and the bill passed on party lines so yeah it's "Republicans in Virginia" who wanted this

The same Republicans who no doubt believe in small government and keeping the government out of your private life

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?121+mbr+HB462

Obviously you don't ignore them.

Thanks for both proving my point AND doing my bitch work.

fyi - I don't take much shit from my bitches, so settle down.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Obviously you don't ignore them.

Thanks for both proving my point AND doing my bitch work.

fyi - I don't take much shit from my bitches, so settle down.

Obviously I did ignore it the first time since I didn't bother to even address your post

I only addressed it now to prove you're a liar

you said it had "Dems" (plural) that co-sponsored it imply that is had some kind of broad bi-partisan support

In fact it had a single dem sponsor out of 27 total sponsors and the bill passed on party line vote and with vociferous objection by the Dems

If you want to pretend (lie) and suggest that somehow Dems also supported this nonsense then feel free but the facts don't support your claim

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
1 out of 27?????

tonymctones

• Getbig V
this offends you?

they arent taking away their rights to have an abortion are they?

thats your justification on gun bans, right?

as long as they arent banning all guns they arent infringing on your 2nd ammendment rights?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
this offends you?

they arent taking away their rights to have an abortion are they?

thats your justification on gun bans, right?

as long as they arent banning all guns they arent infringing on your 2nd ammendment rights?

no one is banning "guns"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
1 out of 27?????

yep, don't you know if it has one Dem sponsor out of 27 and it passes on a party line vote that it's bi-partisan and the evil "Lib" media is just hiding that fact from the public ....and that's the justification for Fairy making up false quotes

tonymctones

• Getbig V
no one is banning "guns"

no one is banning abortion....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
no one is banning abortion....

who said anyone was banning abortion ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
who said anyone was banning abortion ?

nobody so why are you so upset about this?

this is just another hurdle ppl want others to go through before having an abortion, kinda like the hurdles youre in favor for gun ownership...

for the record I am against both