Author Topic: Dawkins vs creationist  (Read 25735 times)

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Re: Dawkins vs creationist
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »
Agreed. As an undergrad I worked around many prominent evolutionists and took several classes in
evolutionary biology. In a nutshell, the majority of the 'evidence' for evolution is similarities in DNA.
Of course, that in no way precludes a creator. One could simply say that the similarities in DNA  
reflect God working from a common template with minor deviations accounting for the difference in species.
I can remember being in class and after hearing several lectures on this topic, a student raised his hand
and posed that very question to the instructor. Namely, how do similarities in DNA disprove creationism? The instructor,
of course, couldn't answer that question, and simply relied on the common fallacy that observed phenomena in nature
must have a naturalistic explanation and therefore God as a causative agent cannot be used to explain th origns of life.
Basically, he discredited creationism based on his definition of science...not because creationism couldn't
fully explain similarities in DNA.

Thanks, an intelligent and educated member, very refreshing.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2012, 03:55:07 PM »
Staunch scientists annoy me, staunch creationists annoy me...all because they tend to hold onto their own dogmas, and not seeing that their mindset is alike---it's either "my way or no way".
People of science have the ability to  doubt.   ;)

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
I don't give a shit if it's true or not, but just like some extremist and confused religious people, some (actually many) scientists seem to be fanatical in their attitudes in the absence of solid proof.

However put all your doubts aside, as I have found PROOF, I have found the MISSING LINK!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2012, 04:04:56 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »
No. They just encompass it within their nonsense. Once you start lying, why stop? 
Do you honestly think that every single "creationist" is lying when they say they find the idea of a creator to be more plausible than the idea of a self caused/uncaused universe? 

I understand the theory of evolution, I know how the process works. I understand astrophysics, I am familiar with most all the details of the current theories as to the laws of physics and the history of time. All these ideas, these scientifically tested and observed phenomena make a great deal of mechanical sense to me.  But the question arrives in my mind - what is that energy that makes up everything and is constantly creating and changing and causing thing to happen, giving birth to life and the earth and human experience?  what is this energy that appears to have a will to create and shape things?

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2012, 05:08:20 PM »
Luring the retards as per

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2012, 05:13:34 PM »

the trainer

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »
I made a thread like this before called evolution is a lie and i was owning all the darwin believers and they got so pissed and emotional that they complained to the moderators and had the thread moved.

the trainer

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »
GOD damn this is so fckng annoying i want to bust her face in!!

Of course you want to bust her face in when you believe in something and somebody is about to shatter your belief human emotions comes into play you get angry rather than face the truth that your beliefs where wrong.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2012, 05:27:31 PM »
I made a thread like this before called evolution is a lie and i was owning all the darwin believers and they got so pissed and emotional that they complained to the moderators and had the thread moved.

getbig, the forefront of science revolution.  ::)

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2012, 05:41:26 PM »
Dawkins is losing is touch.  However, to be fair, this woman keeps her composure.  I do find it strange that when an atheist is asked of scientific proof of species-to-species evolution (and can't produce and direct evidence), the religious folks cheer.  Then the athiests ask the religious folks for the scientific proof of God (and can't produce direct evidence), then they cheer too.

Dawkins is wrong in saying that the theory of evolution is 'scientific fact'.  It's not.  Were it so, I'd say just about everybody would know about it.  Yes, it sure does look like fact but just cause Dawkins says so don't make it so.  And you would think that, with the amount of fossils of dinosaur dicks and monkey tits found daily that there would be at least one fossil of the species that existed between man and ape.  Yet they haven't found it.

God folks should stick to what they know. 

This woman made some good points: it's the atheists who came up with eugenics.  But the religious tyrants of the world have caused plenty of death and suffering in the name of any number of 'gods'.

Both camps are in the wrong.  If you believe in God, you don't need science to prove it to you.  That's why it's called faith.  And for those who don't believe, that's their decision.  It's when these two groups try to convert the other...what's the point?  This debate will never be solved, ever. 

But Dawkins needs a paycheck somehow, doesn't he?  I wonder what Christopher Hitchens is doing right....now...

AS FOR ME, it's TIME FOR SOME OILY THONGED MUSCLEMEN to PRANCE AROUND FOR ENJOYMENT OF MANY!

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »
Fuck you people are stupid - science is based on inferring from observations. If you can't do that then say goodbye to all the technology that exists now - TV, computer, internet, electronics you name it. Just because you start looking at biology doesn't mean the scientific method somehow becomes invalid.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »
Fuck you people are stupid - science is based on inferring from observations. If you can't do that then say goodbye to all the technology that exists now - TV, computer, internet, electronics you name it. Just because you start looking at biology doesn't mean the scientific method somehow becomes invalid.

No I think you are the one lacking in observational and analytical skills.   Observation can help us learn and succeed, piece the pieces together etc, but observing a similarity, even a strong similarity,  between two objects/subjects does not automatically prove evolution to be an absolute fact.  This can be applied to many other scenarios. 

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »
No I think you are the one lacking in observational and analytical skills.   Observation can help us learn and succeed, piece the pieces together etc, but observing a similarity, even a strong similarity,  between two objects/subjects does not automatically prove evolution to be an absolute fact.  This can be applied to many other scenarios. 

No I think you want to believe what you want to believe - there is even less proof for God than there is for evolution - of that I'm certain. Evolution doesn't just observe one similarity it observes many similarities in species across a very wide spectrum.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2012, 07:11:17 PM »
No I think you want to believe what you want to believe - there is even less proof for God than there is for evolution - of that I'm certain. Evolution doesn't just observe one similarity it observes many similarities in species across a very wide spectrum.

I didn't even mention GOD.  You have just made it clear your analytical/thought processes are very poor.   

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2012, 07:12:33 PM »
I didn't even mention GOD.  You have just made it clear your analytical/thought processes are very poor.   

Oh my god - you didn't mention him oh dear. Suddenly that invalidates the rest of my argument.  :o ::)

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2012, 07:14:57 PM »
Oh my god - you didn't mention him oh dear. Suddenly that invalidates the rest of my argument.  :o ::)

I hope you have good muscle genetics, cos your brain genetics are poor.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2012, 07:15:51 PM »
I hope you have good muscle genetics, cos your brain genetics are poor.

Yes because you always win arguments with muscles instead of insulting people.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2012, 07:17:42 PM »
Both camps are in the wrong.  If you believe in God, you don't need science to prove it to you.  That's why it's called faith.  And for those who don't believe, that's their decision.  It's when these two groups try to convert the other...what's the point?  This debate will never be solved, ever. 
BINGO

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2012, 07:30:55 PM »
some came from the anus

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »
Agreed. As an undergrad I worked around many prominent evolutionists and took several classes in
evolutionary biology. In a nutshell, the majority of the 'evidence' for evolution is similarities in DNA.
Of course, that in no way precludes a creator. One could simply say that the similarities in DNA  
reflect God working from a common template with minor deviations accounting for the difference in species.
I can remember being in class and after hearing several lectures on this topic, a student raised his hand
and posed that very question to the instructor. Namely, how do similarities in DNA disprove creationism? The instructor,
of course, couldn't answer that question, and simply relied on the common fallacy that observed phenomena in nature
must have a naturalistic explanation and therefore God as a causative agent cannot be used to explain th origns of life.
Basically, he discredited creationism based on his definition of science...not because creationism couldn't
fully explain similarities in DNA.

As an undergrad, you should have taken a course called "Intro to Logic" or somesuch. They're usually offered by the Philosophy Department. But since you obviously didn't, let's take a look at this together, shall we:

The question your undergrad friend asked was incorrect; creationism is a religious belief. Religious beliefs are outside the realm of science and logic, and purely a matter of faith. No amount of science and logic can refute creationism simply because creationism doesn't adhere to or rely on logic: it relies on faith and dismisses logic outright. Frankly any Professor worth his salt would have made that point eloquently, and I assume that the Professor in question did, even though you obviously didn't like the reply.

This simple answer was the reason some creationists thought long and hard and came up with the brilliant idea of taking creationism and dressing it up in a pink tutu that says "I LOVE SCIENCE!" in sparkly letters, calling it Intelligent Design and claiming that it should be given just as much consideration as any other scientific theory.

Under the Intelligent Design "theory" they argue that complex natural life forms can only be created by something they term a designing intelligence.

Of course, the pink tutu changes nothing and doesn't a scientific theory make.

If we allow the creating intelligence to be natural, by the original premise of intelligent design, it too must have a creating intelligence that created it, and so on. And so intelligent design becomes an infinite regress. So, how to go about breaking it? Why by positing a supernatural creating intelligence.

But the moment that proponents of intelligent design choose that option they instantly take their pet theory outside the realm of science -- which deals with the natural and not the supernatual -- and thus automatically forfeit equal status to scientific theories.

See, you paid all that money to get edumacated at University and you could have come to getbig and get help growing your mind as well as your muscles  :)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2012, 02:57:22 AM »
And you would think that, with the amount of fossils of dinosaur dicks and monkey tits found daily that there would be at least one fossil of the species that existed between man and ape.  Yet they haven't found it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_evolution_fossils

Oh yeah sorry, between man and ape no-one can provide you since we didn't come from apes.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2012, 03:14:19 AM »
If we all came from 2 people 6,000 years ago, then why are we different colors.

That's all I want to know.

We would all look so damn similar that it's not funny if that were the case.

There would only be one "race", but yet we have so many... Obviously an evolutionary output of some sort.

this is now outdated. scholars widely agree that a site in turkey has been identified as being 12000 years old.

b

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2012, 03:19:46 AM »
this is now outdated. scholars widely agree that a site in turkey has been identified as being 12000 years old.

Not much to go to 4.5 billion now.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2012, 03:23:35 AM »
Not much to go to 4.5 billion now.

fuck dude. it a massive step just getting science and scholars to admit a civilisation existed 12k years ago.
b