Author Topic: No weights??  (Read 4963 times)

Battlemaster05

No weights??
« on: October 20, 2005, 01:52:17 PM »
Anyone else ever notice how the biggest most pro bodybuilder types at the gyms NEVER seem to lift any free weights?  I have seen a few doing machines but I never see them doing any squats, bench presses, or deadlifts.  What gives...?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: No weights??
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 09:47:17 PM »
No, haven't noticed

man from oz

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 09:50:23 PM »
Anyone else ever notice how the biggest most pro bodybuilder types at the gyms NEVER seem to lift any free weights?  I have seen a few doing machines but I never see them doing any squats, bench presses, or deadlifts.  What gives...?

your joking

right   ???

Battlemaster05

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 10:57:13 AM »
No, I am quite serious.  The biggest guys in the gym NEVER do the basic movements.  Once in a while you will catch one doing some flat bench or incline but never squats or deadlifts. 

My guess is that the biggest guys have the most gear (probably ridiculous amounts) in their bodies so they do not need to do the basics. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 11:14:58 AM »

My guess is that the biggest guys have the most gear (probably ridiculous amounts) in their bodies so they do not need to do the basics. 
You would be guessing wrong!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 06:05:04 PM »
Actually, I've noticed the exact same thing. Steroid users can gain ridiculous amounts of muscle mass without lifting heavy.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 09:27:17 PM »
Actually, I've noticed the exact same thing. Steroid users can gain ridiculous amounts of muscle mass without lifting heavy.
With that in mind, I know guys at my gym who take retarded amounts of gear, lift like idiots (bad form, too much weight etc) and yeah even with all that gear they still look like shit. Sure, their bigger and harder than they would be without it, but nothing impressive, you wouldn't even know they were on unless they told you.

It still amazes me that people see steroids as the ultimate cheating miracle in bodybuilding.  Sure, they do help but without proper training, proper nutrition, proper everything needed, they are just another wasted supplement.  They are worth about as much to an uneducated idiotic user as is a jug of protein is to someone who doesn't have the rest of their diet in order.

With all that, in my mind steroids don't make the bodybuilder, intense dedicated training, a proper game plan and a sound diet make the bodybuilder, steroids are and should only be used to help them just as any supplement does.

Aido

• Getbig II
  • Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 01:11:59 AM »
No, I am quite serious.  The biggest guys in the gym NEVER do the basic movements.  Once in a while you will catch one doing some flat bench or incline but never squats or deadlifts. 

Dear GOd but you are a ficking idiot.

SInce you need it broken down for ya , next time you see one of these "giant pro types" ask them how long they have been lifting for. To be as big as you seem to think they are it will need to be 10 years plus. And i guarantee you that at least 8 of those years were spent doing free weight basics to build up mass.

Now there spend there time maintain and refining what they have.

Alternatively you have only seen them train when they are coming up to a contest, and rather that risk a free weight related injury the simply stick to machines for safety.

Aido

• Getbig II
  • Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 01:13:33 AM »

And what exactly do you think steroids are supposed to do?

One thing i will say though, never, EVER lable all people who use steroids as being lazy people who take shortcuts.

I know plenty of guys who on or off gear who train anyone into the ground!!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 08:17:28 PM »
And what exactly do you think steroids are supposed to do?

One thing i will say though, never, EVER lable all people who use steroids as being lazy people who take shortcuts.

I know plenty of guys who on or off gear who train anyone into the ground!!!
Bingo!!!