Author Topic: Sandra Fluke: Liar/Slut/Whore/Communist/Leftist/Leech/Fake/Fraud  (Read 43606 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Sandra Fluke: Liar/Slut/Whore/Communist/Leftist/Leech/Fake/Fraud
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2012, 07:27:54 AM »
Is Sandra Fluke Coordinating with the White House?
Breitbart ^ | 3/6/2012 | Unknown

Liberal activist Sandra Fluke made her case to the mostly female audience of the ABC show "The View," where she claimed —apparently without irony— that she is being silenced by Rush Limbaugh. She also gave a significant clue that her "stunned” sense of outrage seems to be a scripted part of a larger narrative trifecta: supporting Obamacare, destroying religious liberty and silencing the right.

Anyone who follows the Institutional Left was probably suspicious when President Obama called Ms. Fluke on the phone in his unofficial role as Community Organizer in Chief. I scoured the history books and can't find another case of a sitting president personally contacting a US citizen because a radio talk show host had said something about them that hurt their feelings. Certainly, President Obama made no such called to Laura Ingraham when MSNBC's Ed Schultz called her a slut. Ms. Fluke described the President as "kind."

However, Ms. Fluke pulled back the curtain midway through her interview on "The View" when she suggested that viewers head over to the website of Media Matters for America. As The Daily Caller recently exposed, there's been a high level of coordination between the White House and Media Matters for America, so of course it's no shock that Ms. Fluke chose MMFA as her leftist propaganda arm of choice.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2012, 07:44:50 AM »
I’ll Stay Out of Your Bedroom, Ms. Fluke, if You Stay Out of My Wallet
Townhall ^ | 03/06/2012 | Daniel Mitchell

I’ve already explained that the Obamacare contraception-coverage controversy is about economics and religious liberty, not birth control.

But now that the debate has been transformed by the remarks of a Georgetown student, this cartoon seems rather appropriate.

The bubble quotes in the cartoon do a good job of capturing the statist mentality. They want me to leave them alone (which I’m happy to do), but they won’t leave me alone.

So here’s a deal for Ms. Fluke and her fellow travelers. I’ll agree to you doing whatever you want behind closed doors (heck, you can even leave the doors open, as far as I’m concerned). But, in exchange, I want you to leave me alone, which means I don’t want to pay higher taxes OR higher insurance premiums to subsidize your birth control.

In a nutshell, this is the non-aggression principle that motivates libertarianism.

I’m quite disappointed, by the way, that the cartoon portrays the student in an unflattering light. This is the mistake Rush made (not for the first time), and it enables the left to deflect attention from the real issue of whether the government should be mandating subsidies.

How to Reconcile Liberty, Morality, Conservatism, and Libertarianism with Carney’s Fusionist Theorem

As a libertarian who became interested in public policy because of Ronald Reagan, it won’t surprise you to know that I’m more of a “right libertarian” than “left libertarian.”

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2012, 08:08:30 AM »
I’ll Stay Out of Your Bedroom, Ms. Fluke, if You Stay Out of My Wallet
Townhall ^ | 03/06/2012 | Daniel Mitchell

I’ve already explained that the Obamacare contraception-coverage controversy is about economics and religious liberty, not birth control.

But now that the debate has been transformed by the remarks of a Georgetown student, this cartoon seems rather appropriate.

The bubble quotes in the cartoon do a good job of capturing the statist mentality. They want me to leave them alone (which I’m happy to do), but they won’t leave me alone.

So here’s a deal for Ms. Fluke and her fellow travelers. I’ll agree to you doing whatever you want behind closed doors (heck, you can even leave the doors open, as far as I’m concerned). But, in exchange, I want you to leave me alone, which means I don’t want to pay higher taxes OR higher insurance premiums to subsidize your birth control.

In a nutshell, this is the non-aggression principle that motivates libertarianism.

I’m quite disappointed, by the way, that the cartoon portrays the student in an unflattering light. This is the mistake Rush made (not for the first time), and it enables the left to deflect attention from the real issue of whether the government should be mandating subsidies.

How to Reconcile Liberty, Morality, Conservatism, and Libertarianism with Carney’s Fusionist Theorem

As a libertarian who became interested in public policy because of Ronald Reagan, it won’t surprise you to know that I’m more of a “right libertarian” than “left libertarian.”

whats the deal with right wingers continuing to believe that they would somehow be charged for the cost of health insurance at Georgetown

The student pay their own premiums.   If the cost of adding contraception is so great then the only people that will be paying more would be the students at Georgetown.   Since adding contraception would likely prevent ovarian cysts not to mention unwanted pregnancies it's actually more likely that the net costs to the insurance company providing the coverage would go DOWN.   

The continuing stupidity on the right is just remarkable

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2012, 08:09:19 AM »
 ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2012, 08:15:44 AM »
;D

clearly you have no valid arguments left so it's time to start lying

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2012, 08:20:38 AM »
Sandra Fluke, Gender Reassignment, and Health Insurance
Stephen Gutowski
Monday, March 5, 2012 - 7:35pm

Sandra Fluke is being sold by the left as something she's not. Namely a random co-ed from Georgetown law who found herself mixed up in the latest front of the culture war who was simply looking to make sure needy women had access to birth control. That, of course, is not the case.

As many have already uncovered Sandra Fluke she is, in reality, a 30 year old long time liberal activist who enrolled at Georgetown with the express purpose of fighting for the school to pay for students' birth control. She has been pushing for mandated coverage of contraceptives at Georgetown for at least three years according to the Washington Post.

However, as I discovered today, birth control is not all that Ms. Fluke believes private health insurance must cover. She also, apparently, believes that it is discrimination deserving of legal action if "gender reassignment" surgeries are not covered by employer provided health insurance. She makes these views clear in an article she co-edited with Karen Hu in the Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law.

The title of the article, which can be purchased in full here, is Employment Discrimination Against LGBTQ Persons and was published in the Journal's 2011 Annual Review. I have posted a transcript of the section I will be quoting from here. In a subsection of the article entitled "Employment Discrimination in Provision of Employment Benefits" starting on page 635 of the review Sandra Fluke and her co-editor describe two forms of discrimination in benefits they believe LGBTQ individuals face in the work place:

"Discrimination typically takes two forms: first, direct discrimination limiting access to benefits specifically needed by LGBTQ persons, and secondly, the unavailability of family-related benefits to LGBTQ families."

Their "prime example" of the first form of discrimination? Not covering sex change operations:

"A prime example of direct discrimination is denying insurance coverage for medical needs of transgender persons physically transitioning to the other gender."

This so called "prime example" of discrimination is expounded on in a subsection titled "Gender Reassignment Medical Services" starting on page 636:

"Transgender persons wishing to undergo the gender reassignment process frequently face heterosexist employer health insurance policies that label the surgery as cosmetic or medically unnecessary and therefore uncovered."

To be clear, the argument here is that employers are engaging in discrimination against their employees who want them to pay for their sex changes because their "heterosexist" health insurance policies don't believe sex changes are medically necessary.

Additionally Sandra Fluke and her co-editor have an answer for why exactly these "heterosexist" insurance policies, and the courts that side with them, deem sex changes as medically unnecessary:

"In Mario v. P & C Food Markets, Inc., an employee who was denied such coverage brought claims under the federal Employee Retirement Income Security (ERISA) and Title VII. The court rejected the ERISA claim, finding the plaintiff's mastectomy and hormone therapy were not medically necessary. The court's ruling was based upon controversy within the medical community regarding that treatment plan. Much of that controversy has been linked to ignorance and bias against transgender persons, and the American Medical Association has declared the lack of coverage to be discrimination."

You see, all opposition to the determination that sex changes are medically necessary, and therefor must be covered by private employer provided health insurance, is based on "ignorance and bias against transgender persons".

The section on discrimination against those seeking  gender reassignment ends with Sandra Fluke and her co-editor wondering why more lawsuits aren't filed against private employers on these grounds. Especially in comparison to the frequency with which these types of cases are filed against Medicare, Medicaid, and even the prison system:

"The reason for this lack of cases is unclear. Private employee insurance plans do not more frequently cover this need, so it may be a sign that transgender employees do not see the courts as likely to provide any assistance against private employers."

The argument made in this article edited by Sandra Fluke and Karen Hu is quite clear. "Gender reassignment" is a medically necessary set of procedures that must be covered under employee provided health insurance policies. If it is not covered by those policies that is tantamount to discrimination and legal action should be taken against the employer.

So, as you can see, Sandra Fluke is not what she is being sold as. Instead she is a liberal activist pushing some rather radical ideas. Keep that in mind as the left holds her up in the spotlight.

http://mrctv.org/blog/sandra-fluke-gender-reassignment-and-health-insurance

BUMP

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2012, 08:24:24 AM »
BUMP

how is an article she wrote for the Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law relevent to this discussion

answer - it's not

being an alleged former law student you know that they write all kinds of articles for law journals on many different topics

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2012, 08:26:49 AM »
how is an article she wrote for the Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law relevent to this discussion

answer - it's not

being an alleged former law student you know that they write all kinds of articles for law journals on many different topics

The answer is that she is a radical leftist activist, not some poor little bo beep out of the woods.  She is a hardcore communist nut.

PAY FOR YOUR OWN SEX CHANGE! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2012, 08:27:48 AM »
Limbaugh and Our Phony Contraception Debate

A student demands that a Catholic school give up its religion to pay for her birth-control pills.

By CATHY CLEAVER RUSE

WWW.WSJ.COM

Last week Sandra Fluke, a student at Georgetown University Law Center, went to Congress looking for a handout. She wants free birth-control pills, and she wants the federal government to make her Catholic school give them to her.

I'm a graduate of Georgetown Law and former chief counsel of the House Subcommittee on the Constitution. Based on her testimony, I wonder how much Ms. Fluke really knows about the university or the Constitution.

As a law student 20 years ago, I wasn't confronted by crucifixes in the classroom or, in truth, by any religious imagery anywhere. In that respect the law school has a different "feel" than the university. The law school chapel was an unadorned, multipurpose room in the basement used for Mass when it wasn't used for Gilbert and Sullivan Society rehearsals and club meetings. Among the clubs while I was there, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance was particularly vigorous.

I was not Catholic when I attended Georgetown Law, but I certainly knew the university was. So did Ms. Fluke. She told the Washington Post that she chose Georgetown knowing specifically that the school did not cover drugs that run contrary to Catholic teaching in its student health plans. During her law school years she was a president of "Students for Reproductive Justice" and made it her mission to get the school to give up one of the last remnants of its Catholicism. Ms. Fluke is not the "everywoman" portrayed in the media.

Georgetown Law School has flung wide its doors to the secular world. It will tolerate and accommodate all manner of clubs and activities that run contrary to fundamental Catholic beliefs. But it is not inclined to pay for or provide them. And it has the right to do so—to say "this far and no further."

Enlarge Image

CloseGetty Images

Sandra Fluke, a third-year law student at Georgetown University, testifies during a hearing before the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee on February 23.
.When congressional committee counsels plan hearings, they look for two kinds of witnesses: "experts" and "victims." The experts are typically lawyers or law professors who can explain the constitutional authority for the new law and its legal impact, and the victims illustrate why the law is needed.

At the hearing of the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee chaired by Nancy Pelosi, Sandra Fluke testified as a victim. Having to buy your own contraception is a burden, she said. She testified that all around her at Georgetown she could see the faces of students who were suffering because of Georgetown's refusal to abandon its Catholic principles.

Exactly what does the face of a law student who must buy her own birth-control pills look like? Did I see them all around me and just not know it? Do male law students who must buy their own condoms have the same look? Perhaps Ms. Fluke should have brought photos to Congress to illustrate her point.

In her testimony, Ms. Fluke claimed that, "Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school." That's $1,000 per year. But an employee at a Target pharmacy near the university told the Weekly Standard last week that one month's worth of generic oral contraceptives is $9 per month. "That's the price without insurance," the employee said. (It's also $9 per month at Wal-Mart.)

What about Rush Limbaugh? I won't defend his use of epithets (for which he's apologized), but I understand his larger point. At issue isn't inhalers for asthmatics or insulin for diabetics. Contraception isn't like other kinds of "health care." Yes, birth-control pills can be prescribed to address medical problems, though that's relatively rare and the Catholic Church has no quarrel with their use in this circumstance. And the university's insurance covers prescriptions in these cases.

Still, Ms. Fluke is not mollified. Why? Because at the end of the day this is not about coverage of a medical condition.

Ms. Fluke's crusade for reproductive justice is simply a demand that a Catholic institution pay for drugs that make it possible for her to have sex without getting pregnant. It's nothing grander or nobler than that. Georgetown's refusal to do so does not mean she has to have less sex, only that she has to take financial responsibility for it herself.

Should Ms. Fluke give up a cup or two of coffee at Starbucks each month to pay for her birth control, or should Georgetown give up its religion? Even a first-year law student should know where the Constitution comes down on that.

Ms. Ruse, senior fellow for legal studies at the Family Research Council, received her J.D. from Georgetown Law in 1989.

A version of this article appeared Mar. 6, 2012, on page A19 in some U.S. editions of The Wall Street Journal, with the headline: Limbaugh and Our Phony Contraception Debate.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »
whats the deal with right wingers continuing to believe that they would somehow be charged for the cost of health insurance at Georgetown

The student pay their own premiums.   If the cost of adding contraception is so great then the only people that will be paying more would be the students at Georgetown.   Since adding contraception would likely prevent ovarian cysts not to mention unwanted pregnancies it's actually more likely that the net costs to the insurance company providing the coverage would go DOWN.   

The continuing stupidity on the right is just remarkable
Again, semantics.
Its not about Georgetown in particular, its that fact that theyre trying to use this as a lightning rod to help with their mandate that ALL companies have to cover BC, which WILL raise costs on everyone.
You have to just be trolling 333 with this, im assuming, as no one can be that dumb....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2012, 08:39:45 AM »

The answer is that she is a radical leftist activist, not some poor little bo beep out of the woods.  She is a hardcore communist nut.

PAY FOR YOUR OWN SEX CHANGE! 

again, the sex change thing has nothing to do with the topic of contraception on the student health care plan at Georgetown

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2012, 08:41:41 AM »
Again, semantics.
Its not about Georgetown in particular, its that fact that theyre trying to use this as a lightning rod to help with their mandate that ALL companies have to cover BC, which WILL raise costs on everyone.
You have to just be trolling 333 with this, im assuming, as no one can be that dumb....

the mandate is aready there in several states and has been for years (you can thank Republicans) and more to your point, contraceptions REDUCES healthcare costs.   

Less Ovarian Cysts, Less unwanted pregnancies, less STDs = LESS COST

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2012, 08:57:57 AM »
Omission Watch: Feminist Fluke Insists Insurers Must Fund Transgender Surgeries
Newsbusters ^ | 3/6/2012 | By Tim Graham

Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 11:39:06 AM by tobyhill

The Drudge Report has linked to MRC TV's Stephen Gutowski, who dug up that the Radical Feminist Heroine of the Week Sandra Fluke thinks insurance policies shouldn't just pay for contraceptives, but for "transgender" amputations and implants.

If the national media thinks this scandal-ette deserves to go for weeks on end, where is this story? Steve reports Fluke makes her view of an amputation entitlement clear in an article she co-edited with Karen Hu in the Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law:

The title of the article, which can be purchased in full here, is Employment Discrimination Against LGBTQ Persons and was published in the Journal's 2011 Annual Review. I have posted a transcript of the section I will be quoting from here. In a subsection of the article entitled "Employment Discrimination in Provision of Employment Benefits" starting on page 635 of the review Sandra Fluke and her co-editor describe two forms of discrimination in benefits they believe LGBTQ individuals face in the work place:

"Transgender persons wishing to undergo the gender reassignment process frequently face heterosexist employer health insurance policies that label the surgery as cosmetic or medically unnecessary and therefore uncovered."

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2012, 09:08:03 AM »
the mandate is aready there in several states and has been for years (you can thank Republicans) and more to your point, contraceptions REDUCES healthcare costs.   

Less Ovarian Cysts, Less unwanted pregnancies, less STDs = LESS COST

Interesting points, youre probably right about the insurance companies money on payouts, but completely missing the point that premiums for everyone will go up if/when the fed mandate is put through, making it so everyone is paying for their BC, period.

I dont think the amount of money insurance companies save on Ovarian cysts is going to offset all of our premiums going up.

And the biggest issue of all, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT mandating what PRIVATE COMPANIES can offer to citizens. And dont give me this "regulation" crap, the government is not regulating Mcdonalds on what size their coffee's are or what kinds are served, regulations are their to insure fair business practices', not what the companies can offer.

And no, I wont thank the Republicans OR Democrats, its wrong no matter what party it is, stop trying to play it off like its cool since the other party does it to, that shit dont fly.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2012, 09:20:29 AM »
I listen to Rush, so I think this. I'm a Democrat, so I think that!

Keep on keeping on.

G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »

Keep on keeping on.

I dont think any employer should be forced to provide anything but a pay check for hours and time worked.   

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2012, 09:23:29 AM »
I dont think any employer should be forced to provide anything but a pay check for hours and time worked.   
Why do you think that? Because you chose a side.

Whatever comes out of the faucet, you will now take.

Same with anyone else.

You're no longer a man, you're a conduit.

Do you realize that?

G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2012, 09:24:53 AM »
Why do you think that? Because you chose a side.

Whatever comes out of the faucet, you will now take.

Same with anyone else.

You're no longer a man, you're a conduit.

Do you realize that?

Fuck off you TBI riddles nut. 

I am a libertarian and my beliefs usually run through that strain.  Employers are not utilities to be dictated to by radical leftists and communists to advance its extreme agenda.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2012, 09:29:36 AM »
Interesting points, youre probably right about the insurance companies money on payouts, but completely missing the point that premiums for everyone will go up if/when the fed mandate is put through, making it so everyone is paying for their BC, period.

I dont think the amount of money insurance companies save on Ovarian cysts is going to offset all of our premiums going up.

And the biggest issue of all, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT mandating what PRIVATE COMPANIES can offer to citizens. And dont give me this "regulation" crap, the government is not regulating Mcdonalds on what size their coffee's are or what kinds are served, regulations are their to insure fair business practices', not what the companies can offer.

And no, I wont thank the Republicans OR Democrats, its wrong no matter what party it is, stop trying to play it off like its cool since the other party does it to, that shit dont fly.

you actually can thank Republicans since the idea of "mandates" was their idea dating back to the Clinton Administration

they championed the idea, sponsored it, endordersed it, signed it into law and after the fact vowed to support it

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=417486.0

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2012, 09:32:19 AM »
you actually can thank Republicans since the idea of "mandates" was their idea dating back to the Clinton Administration

they championed the idea, sponsored it, endordersed it, signed it into law and after the fact vowed to support it

And its wrong!    Straw - dont you get it?  Even many of us people who usually vote GOP hate the republican party!

I turned in my RNC membership in 2005 as a result of Bush.   I fucking hate most of these people in the republican party. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2012, 09:35:41 AM »

Keep on keeping on.

That goes for anyone really. Everyone chooses a side, and its a very rare breed that will change their mind or admit theyre wrong when confronted with different evidence.

I try and base my opinions on personal liberties and the consitution, I dont believe its the governments job to create "fairness for all" through mandates and regulations, life is not fair, people are not all equal, some work harder than others, some dont. Fact is, some people dont deserve the same things as others. Thats just life.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2012, 09:38:02 AM »

What the EFF!?
Are you really that fucking stupid?
Its WRONG, its wrong for the Repubs, its wrong for the Dems, itd be wrong if the liberatarians tried to do it!!
Youre making yourself look like a fucking moron by pointing to the other party and saying "Blame them they started it so its ok for the other side to do it."

This isnt a "one side is right the other isnt" deal, its fucking WRONG on both accounts. Jesus.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2012, 10:00:07 AM »
What the EFF!?
Are you really that fucking stupid?
Its WRONG, its wrong for the Repubs, its wrong for the Dems, itd be wrong if the liberatarians tried to do it!!
Youre making yourself look like a fucking moron by pointing to the other party and saying "Blame them they started it so its ok for the other side to do it."

This isnt a "one side is right the other isnt" deal, its fucking WRONG on both accounts. Jesus.

it's actually not wrong if you're trying to have a functioning insurance system

If the only purpose of insurance is to enrich the insurance companies then I guess it's wrong

btw - are we talkign about mandates for cathoic affiliated institutions to offer contracteption or are we talking about the insurance mandate as dreamed up by Repubs in the early 1990's?

If we're talking about the mandate to have insurance coveragage Romney explained it pretty well in the Wall Street Journal Op Ed back in 2006

"Remember, someone has to pay for the health care that must, by law, be provided: Either the individual pays or the taxpayers pay. A free ride on government is not libertarian."

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2012, 10:09:05 AM »
it's actually not wrong if you're trying to have a functioning insurance system

If the only purpose of insurance is to enrich the insurance companies then I guess it's wrong

btw - are we talkign about mandates for cathoic affiliated institutions to offer contracteption or are we talking about the insurance mandate as dreamed up by Repubs in the early 1990's?

If we're talking about the mandate to have insurance coveragage Romney explained it pretty well in the Wall Street Journal Op Ed back in 2006

Jesus stop trying to deflect with your bullshit semantics.
The government should not be mandating what private companies offer. Its a private company. If they dont like the insurance, they can go elsewhere. ESPECIALLY not when its not critical care, its CONTRACEPTION for Christs sake.
Theyre not trying to tell someone they wont cover their cancer treatment. Theyre not denieing "ovarian cysts" coverage. Its contraception.

And in this case ESPECIALLY, not only is it wrong for the government to mandate what a private company offers, its ESPECIALLY wrong for them to interfere with a religious organizations rights to practice their religion as they see fit.

You can keep obsfucating the issue however you want with your misdirections and justifications, the fact is, the government is stepping into peoples business' and trying to tell them what they have to offer clients. Theyre telling them how to run their companies. And theyre telling religious institutions what part of their beliefs they can and cant practice.
And the other argument, that someone women are being denied "reproductive rights", is bullshit as well. Nothing is stopping them from walking to wal-mart and buying contraception just like 99% of the population that isnt attempting to force everyone to pay for the demands of a small group.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2012, 10:21:00 AM »
Jesus stop trying to deflect with your bullshit semantics.
The government should not be mandating what private companies offer. Its a private company. If they dont like the insurance, they can go elsewhere. ESPECIALLY not when its not critical care, its CONTRACEPTION for Christs sake.
Theyre not trying to tell someone they wont cover their cancer treatment. Theyre not denieing "ovarian cysts" coverage. Its contraception.

And in this case ESPECIALLY, not only is it wrong for the government to mandate what a private company offers, its ESPECIALLY wrong for them to interfere with a religious organizations rights to practice their religion as they see fit.

You can keep obsfucating the issue however you want with your misdirections and justifications, the fact is, the government is stepping into peoples business' and trying to tell them what they have to offer clients. Theyre telling them how to run their companies. And theyre telling religious institutions what part of their beliefs they can and cant practice.
And the other argument, that someone women are being denied "reproductive rights", is bullshit as well. Nothing is stopping them from walking to wal-mart and buying contraception just like 99% of the population that isnt attempting to force everyone to pay for the demands of a small group.

most if not all of the insurance companies are public and we have the right as citizens to set some rules on what products and services companies can offer

We've been doing for 100+ years