Author Topic: Extreme Reunion:  (Read 4944 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Extreme Reunion:
« on: March 03, 2012, 10:14:53 AM »
source: http://extremereunion.net/

EXTREME REUNION TO PRESENT LARGEST INDEPENDENT PRO WRESTLING LIVE EVENT IN PHILADELPHIA, PA IN A DECADE

Extreme Reunion will present their professional wrestling convention and live event at the Pennsylvania National Guard Armory, Saturday, April 28, 2012 in Northeast Philadelphia. Extreme Reunion will be the largest event of its kind in the area over the past decade.

Extreme Reunion will reunite alumni of the ever popular professional wrestling company, Extreme Championship Wrestling (E.C.W.) as they pay homage to the past, and look forward to restarting a type of wrestling company that has not been seen since the original E.C.W. went out of business in 2001 and purchased by the WWE.

Talent confirmed for Extreme Reunion include “The Franchise” Shane Douglas, Raven, Sabu, Al Snow w/head, Justin Credible, Rhino, Jerry Lynn, The Blue Meanie, The Full Blooded Italians (Little Guido, Tony Mamaluke, and Tracy Smothers), The Original Gangstas (New Jack and Mustafa), Axl Rotten, Balls Mahoney, CW Anderson, PG-13, and more to be announced*.

Years after E.C.W. closed, the popularity of the brand carried on as Vince McMahon’s WWE released the very successful “Rise and Fall of ECW” documentary DVD in 2004, followed by a 2005 ECW reunion Pay Per View event “One Night Stand”. That same year ECW originals, independent from the WWE, promoted “Hardcore Homecoming” wildly successful reunion shows with their debut at the original ECW venue in South Philadelphia, drawing more than the original company ever did in that building. The company also released very popular DVDs of the events and documentary. Finally in 2010, TNA wrestling brand (seen on Spike TV) presented their version of an ECW reunion show as part of their “Hardcore Justice” Pay Per View event which drew the promotion’s best numbers in years, quadrupling their normal monthly buy rates.

With the announcement of Extreme Reunion, the response from the fans has been overwhelming, and tickets for this event are selling very quickly. Extreme Reunion will ignite a revolution in pro wrestling to give fans old and new what they have been longing for. From entertaining, non-PG, multi-layered storylines presented with athletic professional wrestling and characters, to the Rocky Horror-like audience participation. The fan base that supports the extreme brand is extremely loyal and rabid, willing to travel hundreds of miles to events, search out TV shows, DVDs, and ancillary products that invoke and support the Extreme brand and talent. To say the fans are passionate is an understatement.

Extreme Reunion will take place Saturday, April 28, 2012 at the Pennsylvania National Guard Armory is located at 2700 Southampton Road at the corner of Roosevelt Boulevard in Philadelphia, PA 19154.

Extreme Reunion “Fan Fest” will begin at 9am until 12 noon with a meet and greet of talent appearing on the event later that evening, with opportunities with all the stars of Extreme Reunion.

Extreme Reunion professional wrestling live event will begin at 7pm, with doors opening at 6pm.

Tickets for both the Fan Fest and Extreme Reunion can be purchased online at www.extremereunion.net/store OR in person at The Beer Box 3350 Grant Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19114 / 215-673-7837

Advertisers and Sponsorships for Extreme Reunion Fan Fest & Event are available by contacting us at ads@extremereunion.net or by phone (business calls only!) 215-385-5117. Custom packages can be catered per sponsor specifications. Product placement also available.

Interested vendors for the Extreme Reunion Fan Fest should contact vendor@extremereunion.net for more information.

Branded company website www.extremereunion.net

Want to interview Extreme Reunion talent for your TV Show, Radio program, podcast, blog, website, or any other media outlet? Contact media@extremereunion.net

*card subject to change

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: Extreme Reunion:
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »
According to Dean Douglas, they are hoping this is not a "one off" and hope to start something here..

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 06:17:29 PM »
According to Dean Douglas, they are hoping this is not a "one off" and hope to start something here..
That would be cool.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 06:21:12 PM »
That would be cool.

It's a shame that the majority of the guys who are most qualified to pull it off are now closer to 50 than 40.
I sooooooooooo miss the old ECW. :'( :'( :'(

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 06:08:09 PM »

It's a shame that the majority of the guys who are most qualified to pull it off are now closer to 50 than 40.
I sooooooooooo miss the old ECW. :'( :'( :'(

Exactly what I was thinking.

These things are cool as a one off. But in the long run it wont work.

ECW is just a nostalgia act now. It was 20 years ago and there will never be another ecw again. People just need to realize that.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:16:41 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking.

These things are cool as a one off. But in the long run it wont work.

ECW is just a nostalgia act now. It was 20 years ago and there will never be another ecw again. People just need to realize that.

That’s an interesting take.
Do you suspect it wouldn’t work because the original crew is too damn old to return to full-time wrestling using that style?
Or, do you feel the product wouldn’t make it because the act is old?

I often wonder how the original inception of ECW would fare right now. I know that society has been desensitized to a lot of things; pro-wrestling being one of them. Wrestling fans have seen almost everything that is within the realm of possibility in terms of angles and physicality.

Yet, look at how well the ECW DVD’s sell. Fans eat up the old footage and documentaries, and WWE’s One Night Stand PPV was a big success back in 2005.
But, that also raises the question: Are fans hungry for “another” ECW, or are they hungry for, as you said, the nostalgia of the original?

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:32:54 PM »

That’s an interesting take.
Do you suspect it wouldn’t work because the original crew is too damn old to return to full-time wrestling using that style?
Or, do you feel the product wouldn’t make it because the act is old?

I often wonder how the original inception of ECW would fare right now. I know that society has been desensitized to a lot of things; pro-wrestling being one of them. Wrestling fans have seen almost everything that is within the realm of possibility in terms of angles and physicality.

Yet, look at how well the ECW DVD’s sell. Fans eat up the old footage and documentaries, and WWE’s One Night Stand PPV was a big success back in 2005.
But, that also raises the question: Are fans hungry for “another” ECW, or are they hungry for, as you said, the nostalgia of the original?

Well yes no one wants to see a bunch of broken down 50 year old guys trying to do things they were doing 15 years ago.

Also without Paul Heymans mind behind it, it wont be the same.

I can still watch old ecw to this day because it was great and it certainly stands the test of time. Just like I can watch old ric flair/steamboat from the late 80's. But I wouldnt want to see flair/steamboat wrestle today just like I wouldnt want to see raven and tommy dreamer wrestle today.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 07:24:48 AM »
Douglas made it sound like if it worked it would be a blend of ECW guys, acknowledging they were old but introducing new talent same way Pauley did back in the day. Might just work but without Heyman who would be the mastermind? Dreamer, Douglas??

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 10:27:46 AM »
Douglas made it sound like if it worked it would be a blend of ECW guys, acknowledging they were old but introducing new talent same way Pauley did back in the day. Might just work but without Heyman who would be the mastermind? Dreamer, Douglas??

Maybe if Dreamer booked it, but I still dont see it working.

Instead of trying to recreate ecw they need to think of the "new" ecw. Whatever that might be.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 12:34:47 PM »
Maybe if Dreamer booked it, but I still dont see it working.

Instead of trying to recreate ecw they need to think of the "new" ecw. Whatever that might be.

VInce already tried that and where did that go??

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »
One of the points I was getting at in my post above is: do you think the original ECW - EXACTLY as it was in the mid-late 90's - would make it if they were starting out now?
I mean all of the original talent: bookers, wrestlers, etc.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 01:07:39 PM »
One of the points I was getting at in my post above is: do you think the original ECW - EXACTLY as it was in the mid-late 90's - would make it if they were starting out now?

I'm assuming you mean everybody in their prime, etc...?  If so, absolutely.  Wrestling fans are DYING to see a better product.  I will put in one stipulation......Cornett e controls the checkbook and Heyman controls the angles/talent.  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »

I'm assuming you mean everybody in their prime, etc...?  If so, absolutely.  Wrestling fans are DYING to see a better product.  I will put in one stipulation......Cornett e controls the checkbook and Heyman controls the angles/talent.  ;D

Yes, that's what I mean: the old ECW - everything about it as it was - but operating today instead of 15 years ago.

I've alway believed that Vince's ECW would not have become the abomination it did had he left Heyman to run the booking. Paul did a fantastic job with his company on that end; his downfall was financial mismanagement.
As for Corny, he's got a great mind for old-school wrestling. I like many of his ideas, some of which could successfully be applied today. SMW was the place a lot of very good talent honed their craft, but that overall product may be a bit anitquated for today's audiences.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 01:40:11 PM »
Monty - I agree and think they could hold on their own. If Panda Energy had invested in ECW instead of TNA, I think there would be some good competition.

And the funny thing was Heyman did everything on a shoe string budget. Think if he had Ted Turner's check book.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »
Monty - I agree and think they could hold on their own. If Panda Energy had invested in ECW instead of TNA, I think there would be some good competition.

And the funny thing was Heyman did everything on a shoe string budget. Think if he had Ted Turner's check book.

Yeah, there was a brief period (about three days) that I thought TNA might actually take their product the way of a "new" ECW, especially given the success they had with their own reunion show. Alas, they returned to their status quo formula.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 02:31:02 PM »
VInce already tried that and where did that go??

No I dont mean recreate ECW.

I mean think of the next revolutionary step in pro wrestling that will change the business like ecw did so many years ago.

I dont know what that is and obviously no one else does either.

Maybe there is no where else to go with the business since they've done about everything you can do already.

I hope thats not the case, but it may be.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »

I dont know if it'd be successful.

The way everything is so PC now who knows how they would do getting sponsors and network support.

ECW had its niche in the wrestling business but I dont know if it was just that? It wasnt a mainstrem product, it had its hardcore fans ( who absolutely loved it ) but if would have lasted a few years longer would it have gained the national mainstream support that wwe and wcw had??

Who knows. If they didnt try to expand and would have stayed running house shows and the weekly syndicated show and never tried to run on ppv and get the tnn deal who knows maybe ecw would still be around today.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 04:55:05 AM »
New Jack isnt in prison???

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 05:43:15 AM »
I dont know if it'd be successful.

The way everything is so PC now who knows how they would do getting sponsors and network support.

ECW had its niche in the wrestling business but I dont know if it was just that? It wasnt a mainstrem product, it had its hardcore fans ( who absolutely loved it ) but if would have lasted a few years longer would it have gained the national mainstream support that wwe and wcw had??

Who knows. If they didnt try to expand and would have stayed running house shows and the weekly syndicated show and never tried to run on ppv and get the tnn deal who knows maybe ecw would still be around today.

Good point. I do rememeber about 2001 time frame a fed named MLW, had air time, Joey Styles etc but failed a it appeared as another ECW style brand.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »
Maybe there is no where else to go with the business since they've done about everything you can do already.

I am very convinced that this is a MAJOR reason pro-wrestling will never again reach the heights it's seen.

Good point. I do rememeber about 2001 time frame a fed named MLW, had air time, Joey Styles etc but failed a it appeared as another ECW style brand.

There are soooo many indy feds that copy the ECW brand.
I wonder how many of them look at what ECW was, how well it did, where it went wrong, and figure they can simply copy all of the right things and correct/avoid the mistakes. ECW was basically an indy promotion whose theme was hardcore "garbage" wrestling, and it took off in popularity. I'm sure a lot of promoters think they can easily copy that formula with the resources they have and acheive the same results.

Too bad there's a lot more to what made ECW than thumbtacks and lighter fluid.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 01:42:17 PM »
In hindsight I think one of the strongpoints was everyone was a star in ECW. There were no 3 or 4 main stars like WWE.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »
I am very convinced that this is a MAJOR reason pro-wrestling will never again reach the heights it's seen.

I agree. Its a huge problem.

But who knows maybe another Stone Cold or Rock will come along.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 03:41:26 PM »
I've never regretted trying it, nor have I ever regretted leaving it.