Author Topic: Why is having birth control paid for a right?  (Read 3427 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Why is having birth control paid for a right?
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2012, 03:42:54 PM »
it's not a right, IMO.   just like tampons and toilet paper aren't a right. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »
it's not a right, IMO.   just like tampons and toilet paper aren't a right. 

who said it was a right ?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2012, 04:11:09 PM »
I'd rather pay a thousand a year for birth control, then the 600 a month for EACH child that gets made and becomes a welfare recipient.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »
I'd rather pay a thousand a year for birth control, then the 600 a month for EACH child that gets made and becomes a welfare recipient.

How are you going to make sure she uses the rubbers?   Are Obamas team of African Ball Washers going to double up as a Jimmy Patrol? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2012, 04:32:35 PM »
I'm pointing out their protests are bullshit since they not only had no problem with it before but actually promoted it before

you can't have it both ways
by this logic the left cant ever complain about shit either since there is always an instance of shit like this, right?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2012, 04:33:55 PM »
where are you getting the idea that Fluke or anyone else is asking/demanding that someone be forced to pay for their insurance?
they are demanding that certain things be covered under insurance, do you really not see that issue?

I mean seriously, you dont have to agree with it but dont be so dull that you dont see what the issue is for others...

for the love of shit man.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2012, 04:34:31 PM »
How are you going to make sure she uses the rubbers?   Are Obamas team of African Ball Washers going to double up as a Jimmy Patrol? 

I would assume that if someone applies for free birth control of some sort that they plan on using it... Wouldn't you?

I mean, women go get BC scripts from their doctors specifically so they do not get knocked up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2012, 04:35:58 PM »
I would assume that if someone applies for free birth control of some sort that they plan on using it... Wouldn't you?

I mean, women go get BC scripts from their doctors specifically so they do not get knocked up.

I know a lot of dingbats who can't be trusted to even put the gas cap back on after fueling up the car.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2012, 04:36:26 PM »
Tu Do you honestly think that mandating employers cover birth control will help lower the amount of unwanted pregnancy?

honestly, if they arent willing to walk down to the corner store to buy a pack a condoms you think they are going to now?

It isnt that contraception is to expensive or out of the reach of these ppl, its that they simply dont use contraception...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2012, 04:37:04 PM »
I know a lot of dingbats who can't be trusted to even put the gas cap back on after fueling up the car.

No disagreement from me, but that doesn't take away from the fact that at least trying to be responsible enough to not get knocked up and cause me more of a tax burden is a good thing.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »

Wouldnt you assume that a person who doesnt want to become pregnant would also use contraception?

why then do we have so many elective abortions?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
LOL - all out of ideas so now it's on to personal insults

you don't believe health insurance companies are part of commerce?

I assume you're aware that  the Supreme Court ruled in United States v. South-Eastern Underwriters Association that the federal government could regulate insurance companies under the authority of the Commerce Clause in the U.S. Constitution and that insurance  currently enjoy and exemption from anit-trust laws (repeal of which would go a long way to eliminating all the current problems).

If you cant understand the difference between regulating to ensure fair business practices, and telling companies what goods or services they HAVE to offer consumers(considering thats what youre indicating), well... like I said, waste of my time.

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2012, 04:50:24 PM »
it's flat bull shit. as well as government funded abortions, government funded contraceptive, government funded single mommy money, etc... fucking bull shit. and well-fair—let's not forget well-fair—the most abused sack of shit government program ever.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2012, 05:08:20 PM »
Wouldnt you assume that a person who doesnt want to become pregnant would also use contraception?

why then do we have so many elective abortions?

I would guess that to them they are either.

1. Correcting a mistake.

or

2. Their birth control failed them somehow.

Again, I'm not 100 percent sure on the matter... nor does it matter to me... Would also rather pay 300 bucks for an abortion than for 18 years of child welfare as well.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2012, 06:04:13 PM »
I would guess that to them they are either.

1. Correcting a mistake.

or

2. Their birth control failed them somehow.

Again, I'm not 100 percent sure on the matter... nor does it matter to me... Would also rather pay 300 bucks for an abortion than for 18 years of child welfare as well.
for the purpose of this argument the reasoning doesnt matter the point you made is that by giving them access to free contraception it would limit the amount of support we have to give to unplanned children.

The point however doesnt exactly land as it isnt that this individuals cant use or dont have access to contraception its that they simply dont use it. So having somebody pay for the option of them using it while they arent going to use isnt going to change anything.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2012, 06:26:34 PM »
Sandra Fluke is the modern day Monica Lewinsky.   She will never live this down. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2012, 07:10:43 PM »
for the purpose of this argument the reasoning doesnt matter the point you made is that by giving them access to free contraception it would limit the amount of support we have to give to unplanned children.

The point however doesnt exactly land as it isnt that this individuals cant use or dont have access to contraception its that they simply dont use it. So having somebody pay for the option of them using it while they arent going to use isnt going to change anything.

Well, there's certainly no access to birth control is there?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »
Well, there's certainly no access to birth control is there?
are you fuking serious?

these ppl cant walk to the corner store for condoms?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2012, 07:53:55 PM »
are you fuking serious?

these ppl cant walk to the corner store for condoms?

It's not free. That's the point.

Even in your poorest areas people have to pay to get to the planned parenthood locations to get them.

Then that's condoms. Prescription birth control is certainly an entirely different and harder to get item. Especially when broke.

None of that changes the fact that I would much rather pay for someone's prescription BC than to pay for a welfare baby.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2012, 08:22:29 PM »
It's not free. That's the point.

Even in your poorest areas people have to pay to get to the planned parenthood locations to get them.

Then that's condoms. Prescription birth control is certainly an entirely different and harder to get item. Especially when broke.

None of that changes the fact that I would much rather pay for someone's prescription BC than to pay for a welfare baby.
LMFAO so they can afford smokes, drugs and alcohol but they cant afford contraception?

I understand your logic but you see it doesnt hold true b/c the price isnt whats prohibiting them from using contraception...

ITS THAT THEY SIMPLY DONT USE IT!!!

so the fact that you force somebody to pay for the option of them to use it wont help the problem youre trying to help!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:26 PM »
LMFAO so they can afford smokes, drugs and alcohol but they cant afford contraception?

I understand your logic but you see it doesnt hold true b/c the price isnt whats prohibiting them from using contraception...

ITS THAT THEY SIMPLY DONT USE IT!!!

so the fact that you force somebody to pay for the option of them to use it wont help the problem youre trying to help!!!

I'm not saying my ideal is perfect, but that's what it is... You got a better idea?

I'm trying to reduce welfare and what not... What's your plan?

Just simply eliminate it completely? You think that's realistic?