Author Topic: The Last Rep - Bob Cicherillo & Peter McGough discuss the Arnold Classic  (Read 17846 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
The first episode of the Last Rep, an ESPN style type news show

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: Bob Cicherillo & Peter McGough discuss the Arnold Classic
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 04:53:55 AM »
Chick always have the right answer
Get Big, or Die Trying

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 05:15:35 AM »

Bob Peter still alive ? :o 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 05:16:02 AM »

ESPN style format with a plain blue wall and a crooked TV on the back.....FAIL
A

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 05:16:48 AM »
Peter is a legend in the BB community......he will surely be in the hall of fame one day... ;)

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »

Dude, I spit out my joe reading your comment. :D HILARIOUS.

I was thinking along the same lines: brutal trying to look pro sports and shit.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 09:51:35 AM »
Dude, I spit out my joe reading your comment.  :D HILARIOUS.

Brutal if anyone is crazy enough to use bandwidth to watch that.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 09:54:12 AM »
Dude, I spit out my joe reading your comment.  :D HILARIOUS.

LOL, ya gotta love the crooked TV on the blue wall effect.
Too bad it didn't have a slight crack with discolored area on the screen , like my gym does haha
Peter M is a good publisher and knows bodybuilding, but Bob is interesting and entertaining to listen to.
LOL< at around 15:15 Bob gives Branch and Trish props for the new baby, gotta love it.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 09:54:21 AM »
As hard as Bob may try to legitimize bodybuilding as a real sport, it's impossible to legitimize an endeavor involving oiled up muscle men in sparkly thongs gyrating on stage to music.  In the olden days they called these guys strippers not athletes.
A

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 10:01:37 AM »

BB is like the special olympics - you can argue as much as you want to, it will always be a competition for retards.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »
As hard as Bob may try to legitimize bodybuilding as a real sport, it's impossible to legitimize an endeavor involving oiled up muscle men in sparkly thongs gyrating on stage to music.  In the olden days they called these guys strippers not athletes.

I have been fortunate to speak with Bob over the years on the promotion and growth of bodybuilding.
He has some great ideas and the extreme or silly stuff we see on stage is NOT what Bob is about or wants.
I will do my best to summarize some of Bob's better ideas when it comes to pro bodybuilding:

1. Drugs. No need to drug test, just keep things in check with strict judging standards.
If you look like some science experiment gone wrong or a 300 lb pregnant water buffalo you get last place, end of story.
* great idea and easy to do if the IFBB would strictly enforce the Manion "belly ban edict".

2. Posing. Only judge the comparison poses. The night show finals routine should be the fans and the pros should stick with more classic poses,and not dance.

3. Top shelf stage production and a professional run show with awesome physiques on stage will put butts in the seats.
Then the sponsors an media coverage will come.

If you see Bob working a booth at an expo GO TALK TO HIM. Bob is one of the best guys to speak with in all of pro bodybuilding.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 10:09:43 AM »
BB is like the special olympics - you can argue as much as you want to, it will always be a competition for retards.
If WWE pro wrasslin', "Dancing with the D list celebs"  and "Who Wants to Marry a Midget", reality shows can be top rated TV, I see no reason bodybuilder can't get more media coverage.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 10:51:55 AM »
 :o @ 12:50, "better then ever" Bob, WTF?!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 10:53:48 AM »
Meanwhile on The Ocho...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 11:01:31 AM »
:o @ 12:50, "better then ever" Bob, WTF?!

What didn't you understand about that?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »
Dude, I spit out my joe reading your comment. :D HILARIOUS.

well I'm sure Joe appreciated it when you put it back in your mouth....

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 11:15:54 AM »
What didn't you understand about that?

Hi Bob, first of all, great show!
I understand that you have an opinion, just like anybody else, but I can't agree on this. When you compare his current physique with the one, since he turned pro (2005?), you notice several signs of his road of injuries (quads, tris, and prob also his back & biceps), so how can you say "his all time best"? Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the man and I respect him for his strong willpower, but he looks a bit like the Ronnie during his last 'O.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »

The Evolution of the Coverage is vastly Improved and you can Thank Bob Chicerillo, Dan Solomon , Shawn Ray , Flex Wheeler and Dave Palumbo .

Shows Like this are the Platform that ALL should applaud and participate or watch . From the Stage - to the screen and now Journalism -Shows like TLR, PRO Bodybuilding weekly and The MD radio with Shawn Ray are giving the Fitness Industry a professional outlet.

Peter McGough is second to Mr. Weider on Knowledge of the Sport you love and Follow. Congrats to Bob and the Producers to get such an Outstanding Guest. Giving Coverage that will only improve,entertain and promote the lifestyle of fitness.

Congrats -

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 11:39:38 AM »
looks pretty good. i'm always baffled at why bodybuilding fans knock everything bodybuilding related  ???

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 11:41:08 AM »
looks pretty good. i'm always baffled at why bodybuilding fans knock everything bodybuilding related  ???
They only do that here on getbig........just an FYI !!  ;)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 11:42:55 AM »
I have been fortunate to speak with Bob over the years on the promotion and growth of bodybuilding.
He has some great ideas and the extreme or silly stuff we see on stage is NOT what Bob is about or wants.
I will do my best to summarize some of Bob's better ideas when it comes to pro bodybuilding:

1. Drugs. No need to drug test, just keep things in check with strict judging standards.
If you look like some science experiment gone wrong or a 300 lb pregnant water buffalo you get last place, end of story.
* great idea and easy to do if the IFBB would strictly enforce the Manion "belly ban edict".

2. Posing. Only judge the comparison poses. The night show finals routine should be the fans and the pros should stick with more classic poses,and not dance.

3. Top shelf stage production and a professional run show with awesome physiques on stage will put butts in the seats.
Then the sponsors an media coverage will come.

If you see Bob working a booth at an expo GO TALK TO HIM. Bob is one of the best guys to speak with in all of pro bodybuilding.

I understand what you are saying and appreciate the post.   No doubt  Bob has valid suggestions on improving bodybuilding, but it is an upward climb.   I don't have anything against Bob personally and I wasn't attacking him.  He seems like an alright guy and I would be more than happy to have a conversation with him if our paths ever crossed.

The fact is because of being identified with drugs so closely, bodybuilding will never be mainstream...EVER   Drugs exist in others sports but no other sport so blatantly advertises its drug publicly on posters and magazines.  In many ways bodybuilding is a celebration of drug culture, especially among the more is better crowd, freak worship crowd.   I don't care about this but a lot of people do care.    

The small cult following bodybuilding has will never grow any larger no matter how many rules are changed, modified and implemented. 
By and large, the schmoes, hoes and weirdos control and watch the sport.  Bodybuilding has to cater to these idiots and shifty supplement companies because these are a types of people/groups who watch and sponsor their events.

Why is that a problem?  If the audience will never grow what is the problem with just letting hell run loose and fulling embracing its freakishness?   Give the audience what they want.  What could possibly go wrong?  How about this... Branch "lil goblin" Warren is the 2012 Arnold Classic Champ
A

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:37 AM »
They only do that here on getbig........just an FYI !!  ;)

you've gotta wonder sometimes though..

i don't follow bodybuilding at all. but when i did. it was flex, once a month, and taht was fucking it more or less. these days its all at the click of a mouse... videos, interviews, forums, youtube. you name it, its there for free.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:37 AM »

take it easy...it's a pilot episode...backdrop is in production, tweaks in sound and format, menu board will be on screen...

I expected a little more from you, not a troll like response....

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 12:01:31 PM »
take it easy...it's a pilot episode...backdrop is in production, tweaks in sound and format, menu board will be on screen...

looks promosing good luck with it
T

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 12:04:03 PM »

That's a major issue in this industry.  People try to do something positive in an effort to attract a larger audience to our sport as well as better promote it.  Then, the people in the sport put it down instead of getting behind it.

Sad.