Author Topic: The Last Rep - Bob Cicherillo & Peter McGough discuss the Arnold Classic  (Read 17848 times)

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
Re: The Last Rep - Bob Cicherillo & Peter McGough discuss the Arnold Classic
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2012, 10:15:35 PM »
it was 36 minutes in length...gotta pay bills, bro!  4 min of commercials is pretty standard

26 minutes with 4 minutes of commercials.

Sportscenter covers every major sporting event of the day/week/month and its only an hour long with commercials.

Just sayin.

Not knocking you. Good job. I can only imagine how tough it is to start a show like your attempting.

Kudos.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2012, 05:53:39 AM »
I care about bodybuilding infinitely more than Bob Chick does. He sweeps the drugs under the carpet saying you don't have to participate if you don't want to. Oh, I forgot, he needs what he uses and has prescriptions for everything. LOL.

Pro bodybuilding sucks, is dangerous, is bizarre, and is heading nowhere. How can anyone support that? The organizations are corrupt, the officials are corrupt or incompetent and just about everything stinks in this underground cult.

So then why are you on a bodybuilding board? Solution is simple, don't watch or post. Don't worry you won't be missed

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2012, 01:04:12 PM »
Ep 2: Good insights, good chemistry between the co-hosts, and good hair from both gentlemen.

Agree on that left-corner blue light on the tv being distracting once noticed but that's a small annoyance - thumbs up overall.

Appreciate that bro...

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Bob Cicherillo & Peter McGough discuss the Arnold Classic
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2012, 06:08:44 PM »
take it easy...it's a pilot episode...backdrop is in production, tweaks in sound and format, menu board will be on screen...

I expected a little more from you, not a troll like response....

Why would you expect more from a homo with scabs on his knuckles.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2012, 06:12:34 PM »
Interesting that Chick has an MD contract but still posts on Getbig. I guess he is allowed since he promotes his show and the sponsors benefit. Well done.

How in God's name is the appointed pro athletes rep allow to comment on the pros re posing and how they look? That is surely a total conflict of interest.

Some of what he says can affect placings in the future, etc. Bob is usually spot on with his observations but I still think it is not right that he makes them while

holding that position. Oh, I forgot, no one else wants it and Bob has it for life.

The muscleheads are too dense to comprehend this.

You are an ASSHOLE!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2012, 06:21:13 PM »
You are an ASSHOLE!

Basile is too stupid to realize that providing color commentary on a show has nothing to do with representing the athletes on a professional level...dealing with rules and regulations and the betterment of them all as a WHOLE.

IMBasile...

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2012, 06:24:35 PM »
Thank you Chick.

I asked if this letter was real , if it is real  how do you explain Branch's victory ?

Date: April 13, 2005
To: All IFBB Professional Members
Re: SYMMETRY & NATURAL AESTHETICS

Montreal, Canada, April 13, 2005: With a mandate from President Ben Weider, the Professional Committee and a team of expert advisors recently evaluated the issues associated with muscular development, such as size, shape, density, separation and definition, in relation to symmetry and natural aesthetics.

Certain objective criteria are involved in assessing symmetry and natural aesthetics in competitive bodybuilding. Of great significance are the qualities of balance, proportion and the overall “flow” of the physique, including classic attributes such as a dramatic “V-taper”; from broad shoulders and a wide back to a streamlined waist and a flat, muscular abdomen. In addition, there should be balance between upper and lower body development, and harmony between the left and right sides of the body. These characteristics have been the hallmark of a bodybuilder’s physique for decades, and it is the intent of this Advisory Notice to reaffirm their significance.

Distended abdomens and distorted muscles negatively impact upon symmetry and natural aesthetics and, therefore, detract from the overall physique. Athletes and judges are advised that muscle size at the expense of symmetry and natural aesthetics will not be assessed favourably.

All inquiries regarding the IFBB Professional Division should be directed to:

Jim Manion
Chairman
IFBB Professional Division
P.O. Box 3224
Pittsburgh , PA 15230

Yeah, that's what I thought .

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2012, 08:06:06 PM »
Basile is too stupid to realize that providing color commentary on a show has nothing to do with representing the athletes on a professional level...dealing with rules and regulations and the betterment of them all as a WHOLE.

IMBasile...

If bodybuilding is a sport and bodybuilders are athletes, then it has to be the worst sport to be an athlete in.  
And you're their "rep?" hahaha

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2012, 10:42:28 AM »
If bodybuilding is a sport and bodybuilders are athletes, then it has to be the worst sport to be an athlete in.  

I'm guessing your job is more athletic? How hard can it be to ask "Would you like fries with that?"
 ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »
I'm guessing your job is more athletic? How hard can it be to ask "Would you like fries with that?"
 ;D

Youre assuming he works at all...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »
Thank you Chick.

I asked if this letter was real , if it is real  how do you explain Branch's victory ?

Date: April 13, 2005
To: All IFBB Professional Members
Re: SYMMETRY & NATURAL AESTHETICS

Montreal, Canada, April 13, 2005: With a mandate from President Ben Weider, the Professional Committee and a team of expert advisors recently evaluated the issues associated with muscular development, such as size, shape, density, separation and definition, in relation to symmetry and natural aesthetics.

Certain objective criteria are involved in assessing symmetry and natural aesthetics in competitive bodybuilding. Of great significance are the qualities of balance, proportion and the overall “flow” of the physique, including classic attributes such as a dramatic “V-taper”; from broad shoulders and a wide back to a streamlined waist and a flat, muscular abdomen. In addition, there should be balance between upper and lower body development, and harmony between the left and right sides of the body. These characteristics have been the hallmark of a bodybuilder’s physique for decades, and it is the intent of this Advisory Notice to reaffirm their significance.

Distended abdomens and distorted muscles negatively impact upon symmetry and natural aesthetics and, therefore, detract from the overall physique. Athletes and judges are advised that muscle size at the expense of symmetry and natural aesthetics will not be assessed favourably.

All inquiries regarding the IFBB Professional Division should be directed to:

Jim Manion
Chairman
IFBB Professional Division
P.O. Box 3224
Pittsburgh , PA 15230

I agree 100% with this Manion judging standard edict from 2005 and what actually happened?
Pro bodybuilding has always had , massive , ripped muscle as the main deal. It is the hallmark of modern pro bodybuilding.
I prefer aesthetics physiques over purely massive, ripped ones, but that's me and a few others.
Branch Warren was in fantastic condition and his waist is flat with a decent V taper.
He meets the current ideals of what pro bodybuilding is all about.
I appreciatte the mass and freaky cuts he brings to the pro stage.
It has always been more of a muscle freak then ideal physique contest where freaky, ripped mass rules.
It is what it is....

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2012, 02:05:24 PM »
Look, obviously Bob isn't perfect and the organization/media coverage of pro bodybuilding still has a long way to go.
BUT, Bob does a decent job dealing with the situation as it exists.
Don't forget some well respected Olympic sports like swimming don't have any viable pro circuit while bodybuilding does.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2012, 02:30:19 PM »
Look, obviously Bob isn't perfect and the organization/media coverage of pro bodybuilding still has a long way to go.
BUT, Bob does a decent job dealing with the situation as it exists.
Don't forget some well respected Olympic sports like swimming don't have any viable pro circuit while bodybuilding does.

If we assume that bodybuilding is a sport, then which group of pro athletes of which sport have it worse than pro bodybuilders in terms of their financial reward, their health and their respect from society as a whole?

And by these measures, the gap between bodybuilders and athletes from other sports has worsened under the self-appointed athletes' rep's watch.  

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2012, 03:57:18 PM »
If we assume that bodybuilding is a sport, then which group of pro athletes of which sport have it worse than pro bodybuilders in terms of their financial reward, their health and their respect from society as a whole?

And by these measures, the gap between bodybuilders and athletes from other sports has worsened under the self-appointed athletes' rep's watch.  

Really?

Please provide all the facts which support this ridiculous statement....

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
Really?

How about everyone placing below 6th at the arnold only making $2,000...........Im sure all of those guys spent more then that on the food alone for their contest prep.

Oh and bodybuilding isnt a sport. Its a competition much like a beauty pageant or the ones hawaiian tropics and hooters have.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2012, 04:36:44 PM »
Really?

common sense, Bob.

when does your term as athletes' rep expire?  when is the election for the position?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »
How about everyone placing below 6th at the arnold only making $2,000...........Im sure all of those guys spent more then that on the food alone for their contest prep.

Oh and bodybuilding isnt a sport. Its a competition much like a beauty pageant or the ones hawaiian tropics and hooters have.

The Arnold is a invitational.  the competitors submit to be invited by their own choice.  If it wasn't worth it to them, I'm assuming they wouldn't want to be there.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2012, 04:50:51 PM »
common sense, Bob.

when does your term as athletes' rep expire?  when is the election for the position?

It doesn't expire, it's up for anyone to run for it at any meeting at Olympia weekend for the last 5 years....

got your facts together yet?

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2012, 04:57:03 PM »
The Arnold is a invitational.  the competitors submit to be invited by their own choice.  If it wasn't worth it to them, I'm assuming they wouldn't want to be there.

Thats fine but theres an expo with something like a 100,000 people walking thru it all weekend and all the 7th place guy gets is $2,000 for all of his hard work.

7th in the world isnt too bad. Id think it would be worth more then what a middle class american makes in 2 weeks.

Honetly Bob, how many bodybuilders are making a decent living ( six figures ) from bodybuilding only. Not hustling, g4p, videos, etc etc.

Because to me if your not Branch, Phil, Jay, and maybe a few other people your not more then making a middle class living at best yet your face is plastered all over magazines, videos, websites, posters etc.

Just doesnt seem right.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2012, 04:57:25 PM »

IMBasile…

What a pathetic and disgusting excuse for a human being you are Bob Cicherillo. You are the epitome of a user and asskisser who knows who's ass to kiss is this sorry spectacle called professional bodybuilding. Don't try putting me down as some dope who has no clue about life and individuals. For a guy who is a pro athletes rep you are a complete tool and I dare say incompetent asshole extraordinaire.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2012, 05:49:34 PM »
What a pathetic and disgusting excuse for a human being you are Bob Cicherillo. You are the epitome of a user and asskisser who knows who's ass to kiss is this sorry spectacle called professional bodybuilding. Don't try putting me down as some dope who has no clue about life and individuals. For a guy who is a pro athletes rep you are a complete tool and I dare say incompetent asshole extraordinaire.

Same old shit I see, ImBasile...just another wasted attempt to try and sound intelligent, but void of any cognisant thinking or facts to bolster your idiotic thinking

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2012, 06:10:03 PM »
Unreal ! LOL  :D

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »

Is it any wonder noone likes you here Basile? does it bug you at all that you are looked at as nothing more then a senile bitter old joke? Like seriously is this how you wanted to live your "golden years"? Don't you have anything better to do with your life..I feel sad for you. If my life ever turns out like yours I will be devastated.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2012, 07:11:33 PM »
Listen to these pathetic anonymous assholes giving me advice. Most here can't show their faces and for good reason....they are afraid, not he-men.
Who gives a crap if one is 'popular' on Getbig! I am more concerned with justice, fairness and competence in pro competitions. How about doing drug testing?

Bob calls me IMBasile. Well, he is very average in IQ and his best achievement so far is to pronounce the names of the competitors as MC. I guess he is capable of running a corner shop and being an errand boy. He figures he is smart because of the limited intellects of the people he associates with.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2012, 07:20:39 PM »
Listen to these pathetic anonymous assholes giving me advice. Most here can't show their faces and for good reason....they are afraid, not he-men.
Who gives a crap is one is 'popular' on Getbig! I am more concerned with justice, fairness and competence in pro competitions. How about doing drug testing?

Bob calls me IMBasile. Well, he is very average in IQ and his best achievement so far is to pronounce the names of the competitors as MC. I guess he is capable of running a corner shop and being an errand boy. He figures he is smart because of the limited intellects of the people he associates with.

Funny...but I was smart enough to run my own gym for almost 10 years.  I was also smart enough to move on to bigger and better things making a shitload more money than if I were still owning a gym to this day.  Always could be worse....I could be you