Author Topic: The Last Rep - Bob Cicherillo & Peter McGough discuss the Arnold Classic  (Read 17823 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: The Last Rep - Bob Cicherillo & Peter McGough discuss the Arnold Classic
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2012, 07:21:53 PM »
Listen to these pathetic anonymous assholes giving me advice. Most here can't show their faces and for good reason....they are afraid, not he-men.
Who gives a crap is one is 'popular' on Getbig! I am more concerned with justice, fairness and competence in pro competitions. How about doing drug testing?

Bob calls me IMBasile. Well, he is very average in IQ and his best achievement so far is to pronounce the names of the competitors as MC. I guess he is capable of running a corner shop and being an errand boy. He figures he is smart because of the limited intellects of the people he associates with.

Don't you have an ejection seat or some contraption to build you old mule.
A

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2012, 07:46:11 PM »
Listen to these pathetic anonymous assholes giving me advice. Most here can't show their faces and for good reason....they are afraid, not he-men.
Who gives a crap is one is 'popular' on Getbig! I am more concerned with justice, fairness and competence in pro competitions. How about doing drug testing?

Bob calls me IMBasile. Well, he is very average in IQ and his best achievement so far is to pronounce the names of the competitors as MC. I guess he is capable of running a corner shop and being an errand boy. He figures he is smart because of the limited intellects of the people he associates with.

If you don't care why do you post here? You're a joke..why don't you post a picture of yourself in a cage again you pathetic old weirdo? When I'm retired I'd like to be happy and enjoy my accomplishments..I hope to god I don't turn into a bitter pathetic jealous old fool like you!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2012, 07:46:21 PM »

Vince, you know who I am so let me give you some straight, honest talk here about Bob and pro BB, etc.
The reality is as it stands now,most of the current ticket buying fans want freaks and that means some drug use.
Granted, I "THINK" a top run drug tested IFBB pro show has more marketing potential but nobody knows for sure.
Thus, going natural for IFBB pros would be a gamble. I don't know about you, but I lack the funds to back a top natural contest circuit and don't know if I would be willing to take that chance even if I had the $$.

Bob is doing some basic, practical stuff to work with the system as it currently exists.
Trying to get a viable natural pro circuit going , might be as difficult as getting a 3rd political party going here in the USA.
All I know is the IFBB Olympia has been around a couple years longer then the NFL Superbowl, so something is going right .

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2012, 07:47:32 PM »
If you don't care why do you post here? You're a joke..why don't you post a picture of yourself in a cage again you pathetic old weirdo? When I'm retired I'd like to be happy and enjoy my accomplishments..I hope to god I don't turn into a bitter pathetic jealous old fool like you!
Basille is a good guy, but like me he can get too idealistic and forget that BB isn't going to be practical or mainstream any time soon...if ever.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »
Really?

Please provide all the facts which support this ridiculous statement....

Okay Bob, which of the following do you disagree with:

During your reign as athletes' rep,

1.  the image of pro bodybuilders (i.e. their respect) in the public eye has not improved
(and even among bodybuilding fans themselves, today's pros are often more ridiculed than admired);

2.  while pro bodybuilding has always been relatively unhealthy and about drugs, now it's even more unhealthy and even more about drugs (and crap like synthol) than ever before;

3.  the puny financial gains that pro bodybuilders as a whole have made PALE IN COMPARISON to the substantial financial gains that athletes in other sports have made during the same period.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2012, 12:46:23 AM »
Howard, stop being an apologist for Bob Chick and the sorry state of modern bodybuilding. With your attitude about wanting to see freaks on stage you condone the drugs that are used. Screw all of you. I want a sport that I could encourage young people to participate in. Can any father or even grandfather encourage sons or grandsons to take up bodybuilding and aim to be Mr Olympia?

Nope, it would be an unethical thing to do. Professional sports should and must be rigorously tested for banned substances. Offenders should be banned for life. No ifs and buts. The Weiders were too cheap to do what had to be done so swept things under the carpet. Ben devised a noble constitution with rules that dopes like Bob Chick either can't comprehend or don't want to follow. No banned substances, including synthol and breast implants for women.

The sport could be hugely popular if run properly and cleanly. As it is now it is more akin to a circus side show with freaks on stage and perhaps some in the audience. We need an overhaul of the whole damn system. Arnold was a governor of a big state for 8 years. He did SFA for bodybuilding. His famous show isn't tested for drugs and that is unbelievable. How can he of all people get away with this? Patsies, fall guys, and stooges like Bob C are mere errand boys who really should be put on a barge with all the officials and left adrift outside the 200 mile limit. Good riddance to them.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2012, 01:06:55 AM »
this thread would have been as tedious as the video if it wasnt for crazy old man Basile melting down. Getting all foamy at the mouth can't be good for your blood pressure  :-\

What a waste it would be if you stroked out with drool on your chin without ever realizing your life's dream of building those flabby arms up to the magic 15" mark.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2012, 04:23:10 AM »
Howard, stop being an apologist for Bob Chick and the sorry state of modern bodybuilding. With your attitude about wanting to see freaks on stage you condone the drugs that are used. Screw all of you. I want a sport that I could encourage young people to participate in. Can any father or even grandfather encourage sons or grandsons to take up bodybuilding and aim to be Mr Olympia?

Nope, it would be an unethical thing to do. Professional sports should and must be rigorously tested for banned substances. Offenders should be banned for life. No ifs and buts. The Weiders were too cheap to do what had to be done so swept things under the carpet. Ben devised a noble constitution with rules that dopes like Bob Chick either can't comprehend or don't want to follow. No banned substances, including synthol and breast implants for women.

The sport could be hugely popular if run properly and cleanly. As it is now it is more akin to a circus side show with freaks on stage and perhaps some in the audience. We need an overhaul of the whole damn system. Arnold was a governor of a big state for 8 years. He did SFA for bodybuilding. His famous show isn't tested for drugs and that is unbelievable. How can he of all people get away with this? Patsies, fall guys, and stooges like Bob C are mere errand boys who really should be put on a barge with all the officials and left adrift outside the 200 mile limit. Good riddance to them.

Athletics (and cheating) and human nature go hand-in-hand. It's always been that way, and will always be so. Keep tilting at windmills, Quixote.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2012, 01:34:25 AM »
I am not finished here. No dimwit like Bob Chick calls me stupid and gets away with it. What a total asshole he is. He should have no position in anything to with bodybuilding. Guys like him populate bodybuilding and make the sport something to be totally ashamed of. I am sick of these dickheads ruining bodybuilding.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2012, 02:39:19 AM »
I am not finished here. No dimwit like Bob Chick calls me stupid and gets away with it. What a total asshole he is. He should have no position in anything to with bodybuilding. Guys like him populate bodybuilding and make the sport something to be totally ashamed of. I am sick of these dickheads ruining bodybuilding.
You sound like a Scooby-Doo villain.

'...and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!'

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2012, 10:13:40 AM »
Who gives a crap if one is 'popular' on Getbig! I am more concerned with justice, fairness and competence in pro competitions. How about doing drug testing?

Hi, I'm Vince Basile and I'm going to the moon

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2012, 10:29:33 AM »
Funny...but I was smart enough to run my own gym for almost 10 years.  I was also smart enough to move on to bigger and better things making a shitload more money than if I were still owning a gym to this day.  Always could be worse....I could be you

So... no real money in owning a Gym? I had a desire to maybe do that one day.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2012, 01:52:11 PM »

1. Well Vince, I am still going enjoy working out and going to shows, regardless of drugs use in pro contests.
Extreme steroid use never has or never will be part of PERSONAL bodybuilding lifestyle .
I'm not going to let my personal feelings on steroid use keep me from attending pro events.

2. Once again, Bob Chick is simply dealing with the current scene as it exists and tweek it for the better.
In theory I agree with you Vince but Bob is dealing with the actual situation and you are not .

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2012, 02:41:55 PM »
No, Howard, Bob is part of the problem. His job is to discredit critics. That turns him into a stooge and asshole all in one.

I don't go to contests anymore, and I don't buy the magazines except occasionally. I am not paying money to see Branch Warren!

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2012, 05:26:31 PM »
No, Howard, Bob is part of the problem. His job is to discredit critics. That turns him into a stooge and asshole all in one.

I don't go to contests anymore, and I don't buy the magazines except occasionally. I am not paying money to see Branch Warren!

Where do I send your gold medal?  ::)

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2012, 05:29:40 PM »

;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2012, 06:01:27 PM »
Where do I send your gold medal?  ::)

I won a gold medal on the weekend in the masters pentathlon.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »
You sound like a Scooby-Doo villain.

'...and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!'
LOL  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2012, 06:08:17 PM »
Who gives a crap if one is 'popular' on Getbig! I am more concerned with justice, fairness and competence in pro competitions. How about doing drug testing?

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »
I won a gold medal on the weekend in the masters pentathlon.

Sure you did  ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »
Anywho.....

new show out tomorrow at Musculardevelopment.com and YouTube

everyone enjoy....

Except Basile

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2012, 04:50:30 PM »
Vince, do not hate the player, hate the game...I love bodybuilding, i love the freaks that look like cartoon characters...You are fighting a losing battle, and making yourself out to be a hateful person....This website supports present day bodybuilding...Why are you here? Please do not say to enlighten us...There is a great board that i go to every once in a while that appreciates the golden era of bodybuilding...Ironage.. .

You can not turn back the clock...Trying to do so is foolish, unwise, childish all wrapped into one...

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2012, 05:22:21 PM »
Episode 3, I like Peter's last word about the horrid posing routines today.  On a side note Bob, you keep mentioning that the Arnold seminar was at the Convention Center and this year it was brought to the Vet, but it's been at the Vet for many, many years.   

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2012, 11:24:19 PM »
Bob,

In my opinion, the competitors looked quite subpar at this year's ASC.

I think the pros in the '90s were far better and most, if not all, of the guys that competed this year would have struggled to crack the top 10 during the 1990s

Do you agree? If so, why do you think the physiques have declined? If not, why not?