Author Topic: Obama Fluking the American People again: Internet Censorship  (Read 3245 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Obama Fluking the American People again: Internet Censorship
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 02:31:44 PM »

Patriot Act, TSA, NDAA, etc -   YEAH - LETS TRUST THE GOVT AGAIN ! ! ! !

You will is OB is out and some retread repub gets in.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 02:34:14 PM »
BTW Ozmo, until we can read the whole bill, we dont know if there is censorship or not, because invariably these guys will use bills like this, bury something like SOPA deep inside a 1000 page bill no one will read, and we wont know about it until it passes or someone sits down and reads the whole thing.
Its happened far too many times for me to trust the government, they take well meaning bills and cram their shit that no one will pass otherwise into a corner no one will find, and BAM, they just got their way without anyone knowing.

you can bet there will be people looking deep into this thing.  too much is riding on it.  Call them our SOPA watch dogs.

But i will not fall in line over spin, which is what's happening here with you guys immediately claiming its censorship based on no facts. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 02:37:43 PM »
You will is OB is out and some retread repub gets in.
There is no answer with the current crop of politicians, Im holding out hope that Ron Paul is going to ninja the fuck out of everyone and show up with a shit ton of delegates at the end.
Thats pretty much the only thing to hold on hope to.

If Romney gets in, with a repub controlled congress...., it may wind up Obama v2.0 with no checks or balances. Wouldnt that be horrible?

Oh wait, worse option - Santorum with a Repub controlled congress, could you imagine that wackjob with no checks?

Everywhere I look, nothing is going to get better, I feel like were on a downward slide and no one is willing to what it takes to fix things, and until we start actually looking at whats really happening to the country, no one will do that. Everyone is too interested in their own little stupid personal issues like Abortion and Gay marriage to look at the big picture - none of the other shit will matter if the economy collapses.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 02:38:36 PM »
you can bet there will be people looking deep into this thing.  too much is riding on it.  Call them our SOPA watch dogs.

But i will not fall in line over spin, which is what's happening here with you guys immediately claiming its censorship based on no facts. 

See - you still believe the govt.   I dont.   I start from the premise that these thugs and traitors are trying to screw us and are conflicted by political donations and cant be trusted to pass anything.  

We need to repeal laws, not add new ones.  

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 02:43:35 PM »

I wouldnt call being wary of government trends spin. Anytime the words "police powers" come up with a government bill, its time to be wary.

A citizens job is to be wary of the government. Were supposed to keep them in line. Its our job to constantly question them, force them to be transparent, force them to be honest, cause its clear they dont have our best interests at heart and if we didnt they wouldnt give a flying fuck if we were all locked up in cages.

Just my .02.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 04:25:53 PM »
I wouldnt call being wary of government trends spin. Anytime the words "police powers" come up with a government bill, its time to be wary.

A citizens job is to be wary of the government. Were supposed to keep them in line. Its our job to constantly question them, force them to be transparent, force them to be honest, cause its clear they dont have our best interests at heart and if we didnt they wouldnt give a flying fuck if we were all locked up in cages.

Just my .02.

no, but calling it censorship when its clearly advertised as protecting privacy is "spinning it"

the government doesn't want us in cages.  Hard to pay taxes from cages.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 04:39:17 PM »
no, but calling it censorship when its clearly advertised as protecting privacy is "spinning it"

the government doesn't want us in cages.  Hard to pay taxes from cages.
It wasnt meant literally. And I hardly call being wary of a bill giving the Federal government more direct Police Powers over the internet under the guise of privacy protection spinning it.
I wouldnt be like this if the government didnt do exactly that kind of shit all the time.
I will not take their word at face value on ANYTHING anymore.
Burn me one, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 04:48:41 PM »
It wasnt meant literally. And I hardly call being wary of a bill giving the Federal government more direct Police Powers over the internet under the guise of privacy protection spinning it.
I wouldnt be like this if the government didnt do exactly that kind of shit all the time.
I will not take their word at face value on ANYTHING anymore.
Burn me one, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.

I hear ya, I was referring to the thread title. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 04:50:02 PM »
I hear ya, I was referring to the thread title. 
Ah.
333 tends to have good instincts on this kind of shit though, wouldnt surprise me if in a couple months he's vindicated, lol.
He seems pretty good at calling Gov BS.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
Ah.
333 tends to have good instincts on this kind of shit though, wouldnt surprise me if in a couple months he's vindicated, lol.

We will see.  Lots of people watch for stuff regarding the internet.  If they try and slip in some crap we will know about fast.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 05:01:22 PM »
This regime's obsession with Europe, a dying continent, amazes me.

The EU is leading the way in police state tactics and the Usurper can't wait to get on board.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »
This regime's obsession with Europe, a dying continent, amazes me.

The EU is leading the way in police state tactics and the Usurper can't wait to get on board.
It's been going on for a long time.  The UK has been at the front of police state BS for 30+ years and for some stupid reason we always seem compelled to adopt the big brother type of shit they get away with.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 06:34:04 PM »
Ah.

I am from the Bronx and deal with bad, devious, dishonest, and dangerous people daily. 

I can spot the terrible people immediately.    Obama from the moment I first saw him set my radar off.    I knew immediately as far back as 2004 when he first entered the scene he was a mortal danger to this nation.

sadly, the naive idiots in this country are too stupid and ignorant to the reality of what's out there to see it.

It sickens me how ignorant of evil most people in this country are and fall for charlatans and frauds like. Obama.