Author Topic: Lottery winner still on welfare: "I'm still struggling"  (Read 20177 times)

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Lottery winner still on welfare: "I'm still struggling"
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2012, 12:16:32 PM »
You should know more about Christian ethics dude.

The 7 "deadly" sins have been around since the start of Christianity.

good post
TEAM Nasser

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2012, 04:48:57 PM »
Coach, do you believe that Dante's inferno was truth?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »
Bitch made more in 1 day than most people make in 10 years... If anyone is of the position that she should be allowed to continue to collect welfare, then they are morons and should no longer be regarded as serious posters on this board.

some people dont make money because they re simply lazy and dont deserve it, or manage it very poorly because they have no faith or education. Or because they abandon their kids who will ruin what remains of the legacy because they were not taught how to manage it.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2012, 05:00:35 PM »
A famous body builder you all know and have talked about on this board used to travel thoughout the South Pacific using the funds he received from the Welfare Office.

He'd have enough for the plane fares and minor expenses for a 6 week vacation in Paradise with many nights sleeping on the beach before heading back home to collect more funds from the good old USA WELFARE AGENCY.

And he always said, "If they're stupid enough to give it to me, I'll be smart enough to take it!".

Some of you GETBIGGERS knew him well.

And the same shit goes on today by many others outside the BB world!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »
From todays 4/17/2012 paper.   ;D

Michigan lotto winner charged with welfare fraud
Michigan woman who got food stamps after $1M lottery jackpot win charged with welfare fraud
a

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2012, 03:37:12 PM »
From todays 4/17/2012 paper.   ;D

Michigan lotto winner charged with welfare fraud
Michigan woman who got food stamps after $1M lottery jackpot win charged with welfare fraud

Details of this justice?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »
as most loto tickets are bought by people on welfare it seems fair ?

Lottery's were created to aid communities and tax the poor.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2012, 08:55:58 PM »

Details of this justice?

Per request:

LINCOLN PARK, Mich. –  A Michigan lottery winner was charged with fraud Tuesday for collecting food stamps and public health insurance despite pocketing a $735,000 jackpot.
Amanda Clayton, 25, was silent during a brief court hearing after spending a night in jail. A not-guilty plea was entered, and her lawyer vowed to fight the charges.

Clayton is the second person in Michigan caught with food stamps despite newly minted wealth. Gov. Rick Snyder last week signed a law requiring the lottery to notify the Human Services Department when someone wins at least $1,000.

Clayton is charged with failing to inform the state that her income had changed as a result of the lottery prize and a job. She won a $1 million jackpot on the game show "Make Me Rich!" and chose a $735,000 lump sum, before taxes, last September.

"It's simply common sense that million-dollar lottery winners forfeit their right to public assistance," said Attorney General Bill Schuette, whose office filed the charges. The maximum penalty is four years in prison.

Clayton, the mother of a 1-year-old, is accused of collecting $5,475 in food stamps and public medical benefits over eight months until Detroit TV station WDIV broke the story in March. She told WDIV that she believed she could collect food aid because she didn't have a job at the time.

The amount of money is a speck compared with the roughly $250 million that Michigan spends each month just on food assistance. Schuette spokeswoman Joy Yearout declined to comment on why the attorney general chose felony charges over a civil lawsuit or why Clayton was arrested and locked up overnight for a non-violent crime.

Outside the court in suburban Detroit, defense attorney Stanley Wise said he would ask that charges be dropped at the next hearing, May 1, when a judge must decide whether there's enough evidence to send the case to trial. He didn't elaborate on his strategy.

"They want to make an example of her," Wise later told The Associated Press, referring to state officials. "She's offered to repay the money. They haven't even sent her a bill. If that were the only issue, it would be over and done. They have chosen to exploit this for their purposes, and we have to deal with it."

Clayton declined to comment after posting $1,000 bail. Wise advised her not to speak to reporters.

Euline Clayton told reporters that her daughter used bad judgment but that a criminal case is "crap." She said Amanda called the Human Services Department about her lottery winnings but could never reach anyone.

The charges "are very extreme. ... They arrested her like a vulture," the elder Clayton said. "She didn't steal $1 million."

Clayton wasn't the first Michigan lottery winner to keep claiming public benefits. Leroy Fick, 60, of Bay County was using the food program despite winning an $850,000 lump sum prize in 2010. He told officials about his wealth but was allowed to temporarily keep his card because one-time windfalls at that time were not counted as regular income under the

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/17/michigan-lotto-winner-charged-with-welfare-fraud/#ixzz1sMQvOxin
a

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2012, 02:19:10 AM »
Per request:

LINCOLN PARK, Mich. –  A Michigan lottery winner was charged with fraud Tuesday for collecting food stamps and public health insurance despite pocketing a $735,000 jackpot.
Amanda Clayton, 25, was silent during a brief court hearing after spending a night in jail. A not-guilty plea was entered, and her lawyer vowed to fight the charges...

This is simply a type of much-needed wellfare reform that is long overdue. I believe in the necessity of wellfare for certain people, but the program cannot and will not sustain as it is. A drastic overhaul is required and owed to the taxpayers.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2012, 08:15:49 PM »
Another case. This time in Massachusetts.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/06/01/two-massachusetts-men-win-lotto-continue-to-collect-welfare-money/

Frank Basile and James Casey, Jr. are facing larceny charges after continuing to collect welfare checks despite winning the lottery. Between the two of them, the Massachusetts men won more than a million dollars but were somehow able to still get thousands of dollars in state health benefits and food stamps.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2012, 08:17:19 PM »
Another case. This time in Massachusetts.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/06/01/two-massachusetts-men-win-lotto-continue-to-collect-welfare-money/

Frank Basile and James Casey, Jr. are facing larceny charges after continuing to collect welfare checks despite winning the lottery. Between the two of them, the Massachusetts men won more than a million dollars but were somehow able to still get thousands of dollars in state health benefits and food stamps.

Good, more Obama voters gone.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2018, 08:28:28 AM »
moochers will mooch.

A drug addict that wins the lottery just becomes a rich drug addict, then back to being a drug addict.

Exactly.

Lottery Winner Pleads Guilty To Bank Robbery

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — A man who once won a $19 million lottery jackpot pleaded guilty Thursday to four federal counts of bank robbery, authorities said.
James Allen Hayes, 55, who was also known as James Killen and Ceaser Killen, was indicted last October in connection with bank heists in Newhall, Valencia and Santa Barbara counties. Authorities say he is believed to be the PT Cruiser Bandit and the Seasoned Bandit, so named by the FBI for his gray/white hair.

In each heist, the robber slipped a note to the teller demanding cash and threatening to shoot if they did not comply, according to the indictment.
As part of the plea deal, Hayes agreed to forfeit a light-colored Chrysler PT Cruiser, which was allegedly used in some of the robberies.

Hayes was indicted in October for a string of bank heists between April and September in the Pacific Palisades, Stevenson Ranch, Valencia, Newhall, Carpinteria, Goleta, and Santa Maria.
He faces up to 20 years behind bars when he is sentenced and could be ordered to pay restitution of about $40,000, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Hayes was a Ventura security guard supervisor on the graveyard shift in January of 1998 when he won a $19 million SuperLotto jackpot. His ex-wife reportedly took half the jackpot, and Hayes ended up with a $6 million lump sum and a $1,000-a-week heroin habit.
When tracked down and arrested by the FBI in October, authorities said Hayes was living in an abandoned garage.
He is scheduled to be sentenced on June 7.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/03/15/lottery-winner-bank-robber/

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2018, 09:07:39 AM »
Exactly.

Lottery Winner Pleads Guilty To Bank Robbery

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — A man who once won a $19 million lottery jackpot pleaded guilty Thursday to four federal counts of bank robbery, authorities said.
James Allen Hayes, 55, who was also known as James Killen and Ceaser Killen, was indicted last October in connection with bank heists in Newhall, Valencia and Santa Barbara counties. Authorities say he is believed to be the PT Cruiser Bandit and the Seasoned Bandit, so named by the FBI for his gray/white hair.

In each heist, the robber slipped a note to the teller demanding cash and threatening to shoot if they did not comply, according to the indictment.
As part of the plea deal, Hayes agreed to forfeit a light-colored Chrysler PT Cruiser, which was allegedly used in some of the robberies.

Hayes was indicted in October for a string of bank heists between April and September in the Pacific Palisades, Stevenson Ranch, Valencia, Newhall, Carpinteria, Goleta, and Santa Maria.
He faces up to 20 years behind bars when he is sentenced and could be ordered to pay restitution of about $40,000, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Hayes was a Ventura security guard supervisor on the graveyard shift in January of 1998 when he won a $19 million SuperLotto jackpot. His ex-wife reportedly took half the jackpot, and Hayes ended up with a $6 million lump sum and a $1,000-a-week heroin habit.
When tracked  and arrested by the FBI in October, authorities said Hayes was living in an abandoned garage.
He is scheduled to be sentenced on June 7.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/03/15/lottery-winner-bank-robber/

1. $6 million and a $1000 a week habit doesn't sound like he had a problem
2. I know there's some laughing here that the media thought $1000 a week is alot of heroin