Author Topic: is being steroided out of your mind an advantage in a street fight?  (Read 21626 times)

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: is being steroided out of your mind an advantage in a street fight?
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2012, 02:16:11 PM »
interesting postings in this thread

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2012, 07:52:37 PM »
Nah , I've never said that skills in the ring are worthless in a real fight , what I said is that   if you train (boxing ,MMA ,Kick boxing )as a hobby  twice a week for a year or more ,it would do very little against a street thug that has been street fighting since he was 5 yr old , but any training is better than nothing.

cool man, thanks for the advices. Boxing or MMA, which one am I better off learning?
follow the arrows

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: March 11, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »
cool man, thanks for the advices. Boxing or MMA, which one am I better off learning?

MMA

Stavios

« Reply #203 on: March 11, 2012, 08:10:47 PM »
I'd like to wrestle Che

chess315

« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2012, 10:39:59 PM »
as stupid as it sounds I feel folk style or greco roman wrestling offers the most advatage of any background in street fights. You have to be able to withstand being moved around a lot in crowds of people. The boxing skill needed in street fights isn't that great.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2012, 10:50:32 PM »
With good wrestling, YOU control where the fight is going.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2012, 11:15:10 PM »
Nah , I've never said that skills in the ring are worthless in a real fight , what I said is that   if you train (boxing ,MMA ,Kick boxing )as a hobby  twice a week for a year or more ,it would do very little against a street thug that has been street fighting since he was 5 yr old , but any training is better than nothing.

what the hell kind of street thug habitually fights since the time they are 5 years old, what the fuck kind of hypothetical is this? isn't that the plot to some fighting movie with channing tatum? get the fuck out of here

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2012, 11:16:58 PM »
i'd be more worried about getting a knife, or gun drawn on me, or the guys buddy blind siding me from behind, than running into some mythical professional street fighter in a bar.

shit. if you want to learn how to win a bar fight then just watch that 10 minute youtube bas ruten made, which is essentially just hitting someone in the face with a glass bottle or kicking them in the balls.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2012, 11:24:49 PM »
if you want to learn how to win a bar fight then just watch that 10 minute youtube bas ruten made, which is essentially just hitting someone in the face with a glass bottle or kicking them in the balls.

Those Bas Rutten videos are terrible advice for street fights.
You can tell he just made that stuff up on the fly.

Push down on a guys leg while it's crossed and break it?  ::)

The reason Bas Rutten is a good street fighter is because he's a good MMA fighter.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2012, 11:26:56 PM »
Wrestling is definately preferred skill above all else I think - even if you have no JJ or stand up, you can take a guy down, control his body, tire him out, and then quickly run away - I definately think wrestling should be the first fighting style a young person learns.
V

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2012, 11:33:40 PM »
A lot of the fighting styles that aren't necessarily good for MMA are good in the street,
which makes sense because that's the environment under which they developed.

Aikido - Combined with a striking style, Aikido is good to avoid getting swarmed/rushed and putting you in position to counter strike.
Judo - Shoulder throw on the sidewalk could end the fight.
Karate - Focuses on footwork, and one punch knockouts to vital points that can end a fight instantly.

Also...

Wrestling - Control, neutralizes untrained grapplers.
Boxing - Speedy, overwhelming attacks that are hard to defend against.

BJJ isn't good for street fighting IMO. And I do have experience here.

chess315

« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2012, 01:02:20 AM »
street fighting punching boxing skill is important but more the abililty not such as in a boxing match though street fighting gets chaotic quick you have to be able to process that chaos and decide what to do quick. LIke guys gf jumps on your back many would think to long. Where a seasoned fighter will grab the bitch by the hair and hurl her at his opponent. Or getting on table and chair and using door dealing with police pepper spraying everyone. Street fights 8 x out of 10 end up like this. PUnching someone and running away is not a street fight. The wrestling background is good to control being swarmmed .

chess315

« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2012, 01:08:11 AM »
running evading law enforcement is a very good skill to have also for a good street fighter you get the fuck out of dodge asap.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2012, 05:39:15 AM »
Your mom once fought over a quarter in a street fight

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2012, 08:06:33 AM »
Your mom once fought over a quarter in a street fight
I heard she lost!
V

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2012, 08:14:48 AM »
what the hell kind of street thug habitually fights since the time they are 5 years old, what the fuck kind of hypothetical is this? isn't that the plot to some fighting movie with channing tatum? get the fuck out of here

You obviously didn't grow up  in a violent environment ,fucking retard.
Bas Rutten videos   ::)  GTFO

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2012, 08:18:31 AM »
Street fight best skill to have is a knockout punch and some timing. Just offensive boxing proficiency.

Wrestling or any form of grappling for that matter is not the modus operandi in a street fight.

Or is this make believe land where there are only two people involved. Being on the floor means getting kicked in the head.

Learn some Muay Thai, Judo and boxing, stay on your feet.

Trans Milkshake.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2012, 08:20:14 AM »
street fighting punching boxing skill is important but more the abililty not such as in a boxing match though street fighting gets chaotic quick you have to be able to process that chaos and decide what to do quick.
Exactly ,adapt and survive ,there are so many variables in a street fight that you can't definitively  say one discipline is better than the other...

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2012, 08:26:58 AM »

Being on the floor means getting kicked in the head.

Good point ,sometimes  being on the floor in a street fight  can get you killed even Suckmanmuscles the biggest pussy in the world  would take a shot at you when you are a ball on the ground.
Most people are pussies ,they will hang back and let someone else lead the attack.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2012, 08:30:20 AM »
You obviously didn't grow up  in a violent environment ,fucking retard.
Bas Rutten videos   ::)  GTFO

x2..

Correct.

If you go to most South American countries (Brazil, Peru, Bolivia etc..) and even some of the Caribbean areas like the Dominican Republic or even Puerto Rico, you will see that a lot of those kids grow up fighting from a very early age (<5 yrs).  

People that grow up accustomed to that sort of environment have a certain instinct when it comes to fighting that most aren't capable of having.

Like che said, MMA would be the best thing to pick up in order to have a better chance at making out ok..

"1"

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2012, 08:30:32 AM »
I was in a bar fight one time and it spilled out into the street......I had 5-6 guys in their 20`s coming at me all at once.............I kept thinking that if I fell,I was fucking dead...........I never fell.

One kid was my main opponent and when he hit me,I would get rushed by the others all at once.

Good thing I had my Weider trained body and a who gives a fuck attitude with me!  ;)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2012, 08:33:59 AM »
I was in a bar fight one time and it spilled out into the street......I had 5-6 guys in their 20`s coming at me all at once.............I kept thinking that if I fell,I was fucking dead...........I never fell.

One kid was my main opponent and when he hit me,I would get rushed by the others all at once.

Good thing I had my Weider trained body and a who gives a fuck attitude with me!  ;)
Why you didn't go for an armbar  ???

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »
Why you didn't go for an armbar  ???

:D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
I was thinking that if I could get them all on the ground at once,that I could make them all tap out simultaneously!!  ;D

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2012, 08:36:59 AM »
I was thinking that if I could get them all on the ground at once,that I could make them all tap out simultaneously!!  ;D

;D