Author Topic: Is science racist?  (Read 7078 times)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Is science racist?
« on: March 11, 2012, 11:40:17 AM »
I though race was a social construct and not because of genetic differences. Damn anthropologists and sociologists, how can they lie to me.

A 60-page review of the scientific evidence, some based on state-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of brain size, has concluded that race differences in average IQ are largely genetic.

The paper, "Thirty Years of Research on Race Differences in Cognitive Ability," by J. Philippe Rushton of the University of Western Ontario and Arthur R. Jensen of the University of California at Berkeley, appeared with a positive commentary by Linda Gottfredson of the University of Delaware, three critical ones (by Robert Sternberg of Yale University, Richard Nisbett of the University of Michigan, and Lisa Suzuki & Joshua Aronson of New York University), and the authors' reply.

"Neither the existence nor the size of race differences in IQ are a matter of dispute, only their cause," write the authors. The Black-White difference has been found consistently from the time of the massive World War I Army testing of 90 years ago to a massive study of over 6 million corporate, military, and higher-education test-takers in 2001.

"Race differences show up by 3 years of age, even after matching on maternal education and other variables," said Rushton. "Therefore they cannot be due to poor education since this has not yet begun to exert an effect. That's why Jensen and I looked at the genetic hypothesis in detail. We examined 10 categories of evidence."

This science is racis and should be banned.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/9530.aspx
all drugs - TPPIIP

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Is science racist?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:43:50 AM »
Well I've always touted racial science as pseudoscience but I guess there's always the possibility that I'm wrong. That's interesting.
from incomplete data

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »
this is all based on the premise that the IQ test is an objective and accurate way of measuring intelligence, which obviously it isn't

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:46:03 AM »
Right wingers only support science that seems to support their preconceived notions......

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »
this is all based on the premise that the IQ test is an objective and accurate way of measuring intelligence, which obviously it isn't

Maybe you should read the link.

Race Differences are Most Pronounced on Tests that Best Measure the General Intelligence Factor (g). Black-White differences, for example, are larger on the Backward Digit Span test than on the less g loaded Forward Digit Span test.

Brain Size Differences. Studies using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) find a correlation of brain size with IQ of about 0.40. Larger brains contain more neurons and synapses and process information faster. Race differences in brain size are present at birth. By adulthood, East Asians average 1 cubic inch more cranial capacity than Whites who average 5 cubic inches more than Blacks.

Trans-Racial Adoption Studies. Race differences in IQ remain following adoption by White middle class parents. East Asians grow to average higher IQs than Whites while Blacks score lower. The Minnesota Trans-Racial Adoption Study followed children to age 17 and found race differences were even greater than at age 7: White children, 106; Mixed-Race children, 99; and Black children, 89.

Do Culture-Only Theories Explain the Data? Culture-only theories do not explain the highly consistent pattern of race differences in IQ, especially the East Asian data. No interventions such as ending segregation, introducing school busing, or "Head Start" programs have reduced the gaps as culture-only theory would predict.
all drugs - TPPIIP

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 11:51:00 AM »
It didn't take 30 years of research to tell us what we already knew:  blacks are less intelligent than whites.  Not racist, it's just a fact.  Go look at a masters or ph.d. level university course's occupants in engineering, statistics, finance, biology, etc. and you will find no blacks in there.  I'm sorry but their brains just arent capable of comprehending that kind of knowledge.  Of course there are anomalies, but in 98% of the cases the aforementioned statement is true.
I dont like twinks.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 11:51:34 AM »
The Worldwide Pattern of IQ Scores. East Asians average higher on IQ tests than Whites, both in the U. S. and in Asia, even though IQ tests were developed for use in the Euro-American culture. Around the world, the average IQ for East Asians centers around 106; for Whites, about 100; and for Blacks about 85 in the U.S. and 70 in sub-Saharan Africa.

:D :D

that's why most of the monkeys deserved to be locked up in prison

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 11:51:56 AM »
I just want to see GangstaLean and BennyBlanco comment on this before this "racis thread is deleted"
all drugs - TPPIIP

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 11:53:14 AM »

gosh you're so stupid

how do you define intelligence then? there's no definition apart form intuitive understanding, so what they are doing is basicly ASSUMING that intelligence is something measured by IQ test. using that assumption they can analyse this phenomenon further, which would be impossible if you would base it on clouded intuitive definition.

MikMaq

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »
I just want to see GangstaLean and BennyBlanco comment on this before this "racis thread is deleted"
Was shamed into a name change by me :D

Anyhow its pretty much a fact entertaining the nonsense, will literally drop your iq score by about 20 points.

There is more than enough genetic studies that proove, there is no genetic differences between racial lines. Of course you could argue that people from certain people family or in bred groups like jews are smarter but its meaningless on a racial perspective.

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 12:04:57 PM »
I for one welcome our new Chinese overlords......

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 12:13:20 PM »

Anyhow its pretty much a fact entertaining the nonsense, will literally drop your iq score by about 20 points.

There is more than enough genetic studies that proove, there is no genetic differences between racial lines. Of course you could argue that people from certain people family or in bred groups like jews are smarter but its meaningless on a racial perspective.

Name 1 famous black mathematician.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 12:14:05 PM »

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 12:15:21 PM »
I don't belive in the whole iq testing to fully test a persons ability to learn and so fourth. However its easy to see blacks are in a way majority vast majoirty dumb. But let's face it blacks got the better physical triats. strength and speed. Cock. Asians are like pure machine. No emotion for others. But worst of phyiscal  triats. Whites well we got a mix of all.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 12:16:37 PM »
I don't belive in the whole iq testing to fully test a persons ability to learn and so fourth. However its easy to see blacks are in a way majority vast majoirty dumb. But let's face it blacks got the better physical triats. strength and speed. Cock. Asians are like pure machine. No emotion for others. But worst of phyiscal  triats. Whites well we got a mix of all.

outed

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 12:19:39 PM »
well it's obvious that IQ is not a 100% clear measuringstick of intelligence and ability of development since caucasians invented most technological and modern things we have today, not asians.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 12:24:23 PM »
Phillippe Rushton and The Bell Curve. Welcome to twenty years ago.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »
They are going to have problems trying to move Almost a billion people into the middle class...
Some big problems ahead. Plus, workers want labor laws and more pay....aha, they caught on, no more Cheap China, soon they will lose jobs. Then, they still have a third world military.

One time a Asian milf said to me, in front of her husband---"what do I know, I am only a Asian woman?"
shows you, that some Asians think of themselves as inferior.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »

Actually no, there was confusion about me and G-Thang, and there were some who did like my last name. Don't count yourself as being important. Because just like in the real world, you carry no weight here.
Shamed, you were the one who was shamed, and then came back as someone else.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 12:31:07 PM »

We're the porridge that Goldilocks chose....how nice!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 12:50:21 PM »
IQ is not static! You can build your brain as easily as your muscles! The motivation to be intelligent decides.

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 01:31:19 PM »

that's good. white people rule the world, asians labor for us, while blacks entertain for us

MikMaq

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »
IQ is not static! You can build your brain as easily as your muscles! The motivation to be intelligent decides.
Lol that with  the fact blacks of either full african or partial white  score exactly the same, would suggest that it has nothing to do with genetics.

Iq test are fucking joke, it basically says how good of an academic you will be nothing more.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »