Author Topic: Anyone know What actually puts a limit of how many reps you can do with a weight  (Read 4455 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Is it lack of oxygen in the muscle, buildup of lactic acid, diminishing availability of ATP or sugars? or is this yet undiscovered?

need to know, so I can develop a strategy to eliminate one rep max . imagine the gains if you can actually rep for 10 or more the heaviest weight you can lift.

key to natural bodybuilding?

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
Your post has contradicting premises

"Imagine if you could lift your max (implied 1rm max) for 10 times"

It wouldnt be you 1rm Max, would it? And, PEDs for strength enhancemente have been around for a while.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Is it lack of oxygen in the muscle, buildup of lactic acid, diminishing availability of ATP or sugars? or is this yet undiscovered?

need to know, so I can develop a strategy to eliminate one rep max . imagine the gains if you can actually rep for 10 or more the heaviest weight you can lift.

Usually This^^^

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

with whats available to all superior minded individuals like us would be water and leafy greens i prefer to chase the greens with root beer

junk food works well too for energy but must be followed by dark greens and a chaser (in order to actually want to consume the raw greens you need a chaser)

your eyes will feel different from all the greens just be shure to take in a ton of water, i truley believe its helped me
A

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
at the heart of this question lies a philosophical truth ..

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
why you'd have to be a scientist to know that.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
For one rep you're limited largely by what's called the "force-velocity relationship" of muscle.  I won't get into the physiology of it but you can google it if anyone cares.  Briefly, you don't actually run out of "fuel", your muscles just don't have the strength to produce the force needed to move the weight.

For lots of reps you run out of the energy sources that power the muscles.  For ~ 10 reps this is probably mostly a substance called phosphocreatine, and maybe a little sugar ("glycolysis").

chess315

For one rep you're limited largely by what's called the "force-velocity relationship" of muscle.  I won't get into the physiology of it but you can google it if anyone cares.  Briefly, you don't actually run out of "fuel", your muscles just don't have the strength to produce the force needed to move the weight.

For lots of reps you run out of the energy sources that power the muscles.  For ~ 10 reps this is probably mostly a substance called phosphocreatine, and maybe a little sugar ("glycolysis").
well I'm pretty sure many here have plenty of sugar in there tank :D

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
your mind.

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
buy a training book  ::)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent

with whats available to all superior minded individuals like us would be water and leafy greens i prefer to chase the greens with root beer

junk food works well too for energy but must be followed by dark greens and a chaser (in order to actually want to consume the raw greens you need a chaser)

your eyes will feel different from all the greens just be shure to take in a ton of water, i truley believe its helped me

yes I think chlorophyll does things for your heath and energy they haven't even been able to study and understand yet

I also find that things egg yolk, cottage cheese, greek yougert, (and sometime whey powder) gives good energy too.  I found the fats and the protein in the morning helps with reps later in the day.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
your mind.

I like the part where the dude milks the cat.  You can milk anything with nipples.

NeilGM

• Getbig III

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
i can do more than 10 reps with your 1 RM... does that help?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Momentary Depletion  of ATP= limited or stoppage of any more reps. Creatine has been know to encourage ATP storage. Though for BB'ers, tends to give a bloated & smooth look. Other much stronger compounds available, usually from the guy with the extra large gym bag in the parking lot. At lease in SoCal.

You can get 10 good reps with a one rep workload, if you had all day. Noting that there is nothing magical about 10 rep's for muscle development.

The protocol being that each hour, on the hour, a one rep near max (near max..where you could force out another rep... two with help) is preformed. That is all, for one exercise, during a 10 hour period. Starting at 8am, you would be done at 6pm. A 6 to 7 hour period would probably be more logical. Eastern block Olympic lifter were doing forms of this 40 years ago. But usually in set's of 2's or 3's. This can be somewhat draining on the CNS for some, but the lifters did gain strength and muscular size.  Usually a 3 to 4 week period was used on this type program. Two to three workouts a week.

The above could be applied to present BB'ing, which would allow 10 (near max work loads) reps. Doing this for squats, benches and DL's may prove rewarding. Probably the ratio being the gaining of more strength than actual muscular size....Some BB'ers have used a version of this type protocol with the One Day Arm program. And with good results.

The closest thing to using near max reps, for true sets of 10, would be the Rest-Pause system. That's 10 to 15 seconds between reps for a 10 rep set or whatever rep range you want. Good Luck.

F