Author Topic: Anyone Familiar With Psychology? Off Topic  (Read 6377 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Re: Anyone Familiar With Psychology? Off Topic
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 05:55:18 AM »
Don't waste your time with that Psychology bullshit! It will get you nowhere - Psychiatry has actually killed more humans than all the world wars put together - this is true - Psychology can only lead you astray, it is a sponsored government pseudo science use to control and manipulate populations.

Self Esteem is POP Psychology BS anyway - it is based on what somebody thinks about themselves - and since must people are delusional, their self esteem is based on non reality - this is why people are easily shattered when reality interferes with their false perceptions of themselves.

Better to develop character and a good attitude - these qualities aren't based on delusional beliefs about oneself.!

Developing character and good attitude are classic archetypes within the psych world.  Self esteem is not POP psychology, Dr. Phil is POP psychology. Huge difference. 

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 06:07:31 AM »
Sounds like a textbook case of repressed homosexuality.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 06:10:50 AM »

come on man! don't post pics of girls like this, coz those are the type of girls that make me "fall in love"

post pics like this man, so that i can keep viewing women as sex toys/objects ;)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 06:28:54 AM »
damn those assesssssss how can someone be gay!!!!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 10:30:37 PM »
I can only be myself around about six people I know well.  Around others I'm always acting, not being me.  Why?

Become a Buddhist like me..it helps you deal with life.....you gotta take control of yourself and your mind..

"A great warrior can conquer an army...but he who conquers himself is the greatest warrior of all".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2012, 10:49:15 PM »
Become a Buddhist like me..it helps you deal with life.....you gotta take control of yourself and your mind..

"A great warrior can conquer an army...but he who conquers himself is the greatest warrior of all".
Didn't the Chinese just destroy the whole Tibetan and Buddhist Culture, exiling their leader The Dalia lama to India who now travels the world telling everyone how the Chinese just ass raped his people and kicked him out of the country he supposedly ruled over,  A leader without a home.  Unfortunately it seems great warriors can conquer Buddhism and anybody who stands for it.
Does what you say actually mean anything "he who conquers himself is the greatest warrior of all" - this is just romantic semantics.
What does it mean to conquer yourself - Does it mean to overcome base urges and lead a disciplined life and when tradegy strikes suffer with a quiet dignity - Do any of these repeaters ever have more detailed explanations of their airy fairy worn out cliched sayings!

I mean seriously, what the fuck does it mean to conquer oneself! man this is the 21st century and somehow all that ancient shit seems like bunk!
V

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2012, 11:41:06 PM »
Didn't the Chinese just destroy the whole Tibetan and Buddhist Culture, exiling their leader The Dalia lama to India who now travels the world telling everyone how the Chinese just ass raped his people and kicked him out of the country he supposedly ruled over,  A leader without a home.  Unfortunately it seems great warriors can conquer Buddhism and anybody who stands for it.
Does what you say actually mean anything "he who conquers himself is the greatest warrior of all" - this is just romantic semantics.
What does it mean to conquer yourself - Does it mean to overcome base urges and lead a disciplined life and when tradegy strikes suffer with a quiet dignity - Do any of these repeaters ever have more detailed explanations of their airy fairy worn out cliched sayings!

I mean seriously, what the fuck does it mean to conquer oneself! man this is the 21st century and somehow all that ancient shit seems like bunk!

I will give you credit..you tried to make some good points here....but first off, a large amount of Chinese themselves are Buddhist.....they didn't try to destroy Buddhism..it was a land grab plain and simple.....also Buddhism is a guide which helps someone who has weak impulses control himself and live a dignified life....it is a psychology of daily living that helps one to cope with life and misfortune.....conquerin g ones self means to basically control destructive impulses and urges....which often lead to self-destruction....or deep depression, suicide, drug abuse, alcoholism, low self-esteem etc....

As for suffering with a quiet dignity, no.....Buddhism teaches you how NOT to suffer...by practicing mindfulness....and not taking everything in life as a crisis which we often do....it teaches you to remain calm and think...its about self-help..the resources to help oneself is within the individual....don't look to others or an unseen God to save you....Once you conquer desire and stop trying to please others you are essentially free.....unchecked emotionalism leads to problems

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »
I will give you credit..you tried to make some good points here....but first off, a large amount of Chinese themselves are Buddhist.....they didn't try to destroy Buddhism..it was a land grab plain and simple.....also Buddhism is a guide which helps someone who has weak impulses control himself and live a dignified life....it is a psychology of daily living that helps one to cope with life and misfortune.....conquerin g ones self means to basically control destructive impulses and urges....which often lead to self-destruction....or deep depression, suicide, drug abuse, alcoholism, low self-esteem etc....

As for suffering with a quiet dignity, no.....Buddhism teaches you how NOT to suffer...by practicing mindfulness....and not taking everything in life as a crisis which we often do....it teaches you to remain calm and think...its about self-help..the resources to help oneself is within the individual....don't look to others or an unseen God to save you....Once you conquer desire and stop trying to please others you are essentially free.....unchecked emotionalism leads to problems
yeah well, none of that has stopped the monks going crazy, burning themselves in protest, and essentially using passive aggressive and gorilla  techniques to rid tibet of China.  The chinese in general literally hate the Dalai Lama due to the constant propaganda from the Chinese Government - It was more than a land grab - Initially, Mao wasn't shy in letting people know that he thought Buddhism and Religion in general were Poison! Mao wanted to destroy religious cultures full stop!  Anyway, all that Buddhist nonsense hasn't helped the Monks themselves one bit, as a matter of fact defending Tibet and Buddhism has caused them a heap of suffering and death!

Anyway, Westerners always just adopt a popular cliche practice like meditation, read a few Dalai lama books and call themselves Buddhists without having any real idea of what it means to be a "Practising Buddhist Monk"  Buddhism is just as fucked up as any other religion and has some way out nonsense beliefs when you look deeply into it!
V

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 03:01:09 AM »
What is a "psychologist" anyway?  Who on earth would want to be one of those?  Is there any jobs for them? Especially a school psychologist, what a boring, stupid job that is.  I wonder if someone could get their doctorate in psychology by writing about an internet bodybuilding board?  WOW, that would be something!!!!!  All the characters portraying themselves as someone their not. Electronic acceptance and internet "gangs", paranoia of gimmicks even though they themselves are living a lie through a computer....could be interesting....I wonder who did that?

GODSPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 04:23:43 AM »
Wes is spot on.
The minute you deviate from your self is the minute you get sick.
Mushrooms can help to free your mind as in purging you from the insanity that you get fed on a daily basis.
A good balance of your archaic and spiritual self may hold the key to inner well being.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 05:35:52 AM »
I really appreciate all the input guys, very helpful.

Feeling really good today

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2012, 06:48:25 AM »
yeah well, none of that has stopped the monks going crazy, burning themselves in protest, and essentially using passive aggressive and gorilla  techniques to rid tibet of China.  The chinese in general literally hate the Dalai Lama due to the constant propaganda from the Chinese Government - It was more than a land grab - Initially, Mao wasn't shy in letting people know that he thought Buddhism and Religion in general were Poison! Mao wanted to destroy religious cultures full stop!  Anyway, all that Buddhist nonsense hasn't helped the Monks themselves one bit, as a matter of fact defending Tibet and Buddhism has caused them a heap of suffering and death!

Anyway, Westerners always just adopt a popular cliche practice like meditation, read a few Dalai lama books and call themselves Buddhists without having any real idea of what it means to be a "Practising Buddhist Monk"  Buddhism is just as fucked up as any other religion and has some way out nonsense beliefs when you look deeply into it!

Buddhism isn't just for Monks....those are guys who want to be totally absorbed into Buddhism...for the everyday guy its just a way of daily living minus the nonsense religious aspect..also there are Monks all over the world..not just in Tibet...christians and catholics don't adhere to all tenets of their faith....they adopt there faith to their reality...many christians and catholics use birth control, have pre-marital sex, etc..

I'm just saying its a way to keep your self out of trouble..as all religions are

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 06:53:09 AM »
What is a "psychologist" anyway?  Who on earth would want to be one of those?  Is there any jobs for them? Especially a school psychologist, what a boring, stupid job that is.  I wonder if someone could get their doctorate in psychology by writing about an internet bodybuilding board?  WOW, that would be something!!!!!  All the characters portraying themselves as someone their not. Electronic acceptance and internet "gangs", paranoia of gimmicks even though they themselves are living a lie through a computer....could be interesting....I wonder who did that?

GODSPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are right..that would be an interesting thesis..LOL...however I disagree with you about psychologists...they are very important in our society thanks to the research they do...finding out why people behave in the ways that they do.....which is why we have a better understanding of human nature...people assume psychologists only see crazy people..not the case.... some are biopsychologists who study the brain and its functions as well....

you do have a good point possibly about school psychologists....I'm not sure how useful they are...but the job is fascinating  in that you have hundreds of subjects to study and  test theory on

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2012, 06:58:57 AM »
I really appreciate all the input guys, very helpful.

Feeling really good today

best thing to do is....get back to focusing on yourself.....let go of all the outside bullshit that is pulling at you and weighing you down in life.....hit the gym constantly...stop masturbating so much (it depletes energy)...eat better..get enough sleep and try to find a woman who makes you feel good about yourself (make sure you are banging the hell out of her) and doesn't give you endless drama......read good books.....go back to school and further your education....all of these positive things will raise your self esteem in no time....stop playing a role for people..be yourself and stay calm and positive..people will see a change in you and you will see a big change in yourself....

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 07:01:36 AM »
I'm just saying its a way to keep your self out of trouble..as all religions are
I would say the opposite, if you join a religion or any group with a fixed doctine and tradition, you are asking for trouble! JMO
People join faith groups because they don't like to be alone - and it's easy - ya just say yeah I believe - gee Whiz - Come One Come all ya gotta say is You Believe! Gee Whiz - Let go of your instincts and curiosity and just have faith! Yeah Dude lets ride the hippy dippy Jesus train to redemption from whatever we tell you that you need redeeming from!
Any Group that Takes anyone is no group I want to be part of!

Religion + Psychiatry + Government = Heaps of wanton murder, war, destruction & unnecessary violence

Best to try and work it out yourself - no thinker from the past, no matter how great, could have anticipated todays Modern Depraved World - There are no rules - the time has come to define new philosophies and guidelines to live your life by.  Time for brave new minds to emerge and many new alternate lifestyles adopted.  be a pioneer and live your life in a unique way - do not follow the crowd, no matter how hard and lonely the path becomes.  Always examine the facts - and beware of charlatans, for they are everywhere!  But most of all, never lose faith in yourself and use others criticisms and attacks as fuel to further your efforts for what you believe to be right!
V

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 07:06:43 AM »
I would say the opposite, if you join a religion or any group with a fixed doctine and tradition, you are asking for trouble! JMO
People join faith groups because they dont like to be alone - and it's easy - ya just say yeah I believe - gee Whiz - Come One Come all ya gotta say is You Believe! Gee Whiz
Any Group that Takes anyone is no group I want to be part of!

but this is not to join a religion or be a part of something...it is a personal thing...for your own daily living...thats all

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 07:17:16 AM »
but this is not to join a religion or be a part of something...it is a personal thing...for your own daily living...thats all
even if you are on the periphery, you are part of something that has been linked to much war and violence - religion - Personally, I don't attach myself to violent groups, and no matter what spin religions put on things, they are a murderous bunch! add that to the fact they have been getting their gullible parishioners to believe in fairy tales, the whole thing makes your head spin.  I like the old saying, No Company is better than Bad Company!  I always see some of the truths from Religion as a intellectual vehicle.  Much like a canoe is used for crossing a river, once you have crossed the river, you leave the canoe behind and walk on.  Most people are still stuck in the canoe half way across the river or have made it to the other side and have continued on still carrying the canoe with them when it is no longer needed.  For anyone searching the truth - eventually faith groups will be abandoned! JMO

The Buddhists may be wrong, karma may be bunk, reincarnation is certainly questionable, and violence may be a necessary and important tool in human relations - the very attempt at trying to create a buddhist utopia may have created much more violence than the buddhists had anticipated.  So in terms of seeking peace, Buddhist thought may not be ideal
V

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »
I'm starting to believe that my problem is that I have low or no self esteem?

I read that having no shame is a symptom?  The only thing that motivates me in life is looking good, or smart, or important to others, and experiencing good physical feelings.

Wtf...

What's my problem?  Low self esteem?  This never occurred to me until I started researching.

you lack character. Yes i know about psychology.

get the book seven habits of highly effective people.

it will help the pussification you are going through.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2012, 08:52:08 AM »
you lack character. Yes i know about psychology.

get the book seven habits of highly effective people.

it will help the pussification you are going through.

Thanks, Read it.

Also still have the audio book version on my phone, lol

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »
you are right..that would be an interesting thesis..LOL...however I disagree with you about psychologists...they are very important in our society thanks to the research they do...finding out why people behave in the ways that they do.....which is why we have a better understanding of human nature...people assume psychologists only see crazy people..not the case.... some are biopsychologists who study the brain and its functions as well....

you do have a good point possibly about school psychologists....I'm not sure how useful they are...but the job is fascinating  in that you have hundreds of subjects to study and  test theory on

cbt a mainstay in psychology is the best treatment for mental health issues, pshychology and neuroscience are budding fields which are the most intense to study, the most difficult imo.

if you actually study psychology you would understand it much better, im not talking to you now just in a general sense.

NeilGM

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »
I'm starting to believe that my problem is that I have low or no self esteem?

I read that having no shame is a symptom?  The only thing that motivates me in life is looking good, or smart, or important to others, and experiencing good physical feelings.

Wtf...

What's my problem?  Low self esteem?  This never occurred to me until I started researching.

It's called being shallow bud

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 02:41:30 PM »
Thanks, Read it.

Also still have the audio book version on my phone, lol

ok try when panic attacks (cbt. not only for panic, its just geared towards anxiety states). The author is someone who invented cbt and its the best method for attacking irrational thoughts.