Author Topic: The new Ipad 3! The world is going mad for it!  (Read 11391 times)

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
Re: Ipad or laptop?
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2012, 10:12:05 AM »
Both??

If you had to buy one, which one to get?
ipad, IMO will never replace the productivity of a  laptop. until the ipad gets a USB port, the laptop will by far be the more productive.

Then the question, what are you getting the laptop for ? for work? or to browse the internet and watch movies? in that case, an ipad is the way to go. Instantaneous boot-ups, amazing battery life... i travel all over the world and US, and ipad made my travels soo much easier , my laptop will normally be dead in two hours, ipad lasts a solid 10+ hours.

it all depends on your gols for using teh laptop

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »
lol at usb, are you guys still using cd-roms too?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2012, 10:50:06 AM »

The issue is not that it doesn't have a USB port?  There are many solutions available to bypass a need for USB

Lots of Android tablets have USB ports, but they can't replace a laptop!

A tablet is not meant to replace a laptop, its meant to be a supplement to it.

These devices don't have true multitasking (two windows open side by side), processing power for things like full HD movie editing, Full 3D Autocad design, things like that which are what make a laptop more powerful

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
Bay I disagree.  More memory on board is always welcomed.  I bought the 64GB version of my device, if it had a memory card slot or even more memory, I would've gone with that too.  its not that i'm running out of storage or anything, but I can't speak on that one year or two years from now.

remote storage isn't always convenient, like on a plane, etc. 

I would always pay for more memory

I thought you were smarter than this. You don't buy a technology product for what you think it may be able to do one or two years from now.  You buy it because it does what you want it to do right now.  In a world of fast changing technology offerings buying something based on a two year prognostication does not make a lot of sense.  The iPad is one example of this but there are others.  Just look at how many people are trading in their old iPads for new ones.  In other words, the product you buy today may not be the product you want two years from now for a variety of reasons (compatibility, better OSs, faster processors, style, etc.).  You underscore my point with your own rhetoric "its not that i'm running out of storage or anything."

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: World goes mad for new Apple iPad 3 !
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2012, 04:12:26 PM »
True enough, but that was clearly the implication of hematocritter when he wrote "I wish I realized how stupid the general population was a long time ago, I could have gotten in in something stupid like this to take advantage of them."

point taken
TEAM Nasser

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »
I thought you were smarter than this. You don't buy a technology product for what you think it may be able to do one or two years from now.  You buy it because it does what you want it to do right now.  In a world of fast changing technology offerings buying something based on a two year prognostication does not make a lot of sense.  The iPad is one example of this but there are others.  Just look at how many people are trading in their old iPads for new ones.  In other words, the product you buy today may not be the product you want two years from now for a variety of reasons (compatibility, better OSs, faster processors, style, etc.).  You underscore my point with your own rhetoric "its not that i'm running out of storage or anything."

Bay, like the iPad, my tablet was not cheap...  If im going to spend close to 800 dollars on a product, i'm gonna keep it for minimum two years, hell if I could get more from it, I will..... So of course i'm going to think long term about it and what I will expect it to do not just now but down the line.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »
Bay, like the iPad, my tablet was not cheap...  If im going to spend close to 800 dollars on a product, i'm gonna keep it for minimum two years, hell if I could get more from it, I will..... So of course i'm going to think long term about it and what I will expect it to do not just now but down the line.

It would be interesting to revisit this thread exactly two years from now and see if you are still using your same tablet with the same vigor you are today.  I suspect you won't be because unlike a desktop computer your tablet was a lot cheaper and within 24 months new products will garner your attention such that you will either set your current tablet aside in favor of them or you'll otherwise trade up to something better by selling your current tablet or handing it off to a friend/family member who, unlike you, isn't so into having the latest technology.  You have already owned up to being a techie... if that is true, you most certainly will not be using the same tablet two years from now.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »
It would be interesting to revisit this thread exactly two years from now and see if you are still using your same tablet with the same vigor you are today.  I suspect you won't be because unlike a desktop computer your tablet was a lot cheaper and within 24 months new products will garner your attention such that you will either set your current tablet aside in favor of them or you'll otherwise trade up to something better by selling your current tablet or handing it off to a friend/family member who, unlike you, isn't so into having the latest technology.  You have already owned up to being a techie... if that is true, you most certainly will not be using the same tablet two years from now.

I am a major techie... and do value having the latest and greatest!  But I specifically dished out more money ($740 to be exact) for a high end tablet because I wanted it to last.... Keep in mind as well that I'm under a 2 year contract with Verizon for their 4G LTE service on the tablet!

Haven't you even gone on record and said that you will change your ipad every other year?  or was that your phone?  Same thing practically!

I'm looking at 2-3 years with my Motorola!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: The new Ipad 3! The world is going mad for it!
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2012, 02:17:52 AM »
Just about everyone I show my iPad to want one. That is why there is excitement about a new release. I have had offers to buy my iPad 2 if I want to but the new model. I like them to show my photos to others so a better screen would be good. I would prefer the Samsung Galaxy 11.6 when it is released. Larger screen, more resolution and no damn iTunes to upload through!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
iPad vs. iPad 2
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2012, 10:25:48 PM »
People are dumping their Ipad 2s for a retina displace, iphoto, voice, video games, movies and some other bullshit.  Can software be loaded on the new Ipad, i run quickens on it, i use an usb?  WTF are people buying it for, as far as academic and business use go?  I know they are porting textbooks to it, but that can be done with 1 or 2, but what else?  And Xfactor posted he is buying this for his sales team.  Why?

Apple fanboys, Gracie, Parker, Bay, etc.?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: iPad vs. iPad 2
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2012, 10:44:15 PM »
Whats new with the new iPad?

1.  Sick new Screen... SICK SICK SICK resolution (thats the biggest upgrade, the resolution is 1536X2048....   The ipad 2 had 768X1024)
2.  4G LTE mobile data speeds (ipad 2 was 3G)
3.  1 GB ram processor (old one had 512 mb)
4.  A5X dual core processor (faster than the old A5 Dual Core processor), and new one has Quad Core GPU for better graphics when gaming
5.  Camera is also improved, rear camera is now 5 MP, (old one had 1.3 MP)

Also, new ipad is a tad bit thicker and heavier than the ipad 2 because of the new bigger battery to handle the new resolution, 4G, and the new processor!

If you already have an ipad 2 do I think you should upgrade to the new ipad... in my opinion, NO

Are you out to buy your first ipad?  Then get the new ipad!

Here is a comparison of the screen up close:

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2012, 10:50:41 PM »
It's the NEW iPad!!!   ;D

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2012, 10:35:03 AM »
Apple's latest hot ticket seems to be a tad too hot to hold, some users are reporting. New iPad owners on the MacRumors forums and Apple's own support community complain that the slab's lower left corner can get a little warm during extended use. Don't get excited though, reports seem to vary by user -- some are reporting that their tablet becomes too uncomfortable to hold while others say that it only gets "slightly warm" and that it's "expected." How's your new iPad treating you? Click on through to the comments and let us know.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/18/is-your-new-ipad-heating-up/

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1341985

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-57399443-64/does-the-new-ipad-have-a-heat-problem/
TEAM Nasser

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2012, 10:52:53 AM »
Whats new with the new iPad?

1.  Sick new Screen... SICK SICK SICK resolution (thats the biggest upgrade, the resolution is 1536X2048....   The ipad 2 had 768X1024)
2.  4G LTE mobile data speeds (ipad 2 was 3G)
3.  1 GB ram processor (old one had 512 mb)
4.  A5X dual core processor (faster than the old A5 Dual Core processor), and new one has Quad Core GPU for better graphics when gaming
5.  Camera is also improved, rear camera is now 5 MP, (old one had 1.3 MP)

Also, new ipad is a tad bit thicker and heavier than the ipad 2 because of the new bigger battery to handle the new resolution, 4G, and the new processor!

If you already have an ipad 2 do I think you should upgrade to the new ipad... in my opinion, NO

Are you out to buy your first ipad?  Then get the new ipad!

Here is a comparison of the screen up close:

Are you really getting a PHD with such a retarded post?  When you blow up an icon 100 times it's size who cares about the resolution.  The fact is you cannot tell the difference of the 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch icon the way it is and the way you will use it everyday.  Resolution only matters the bigger the screen gets.  Same as megapixels.  Drives me nuts when people by 18mp cameras to print up 4x6s.  18MP vs. 8mp on a 4x6 is unoticable, but when you want to blow it up to poster size is when it counts.
You cannot even find movies that fit that resolution they added to the ipad.  Just a lame attempt of coming up with something to promote the product.

The extra memory they added was to help the video driver, but the actual processor of the ipad2 and "new" ipad is identical.

Whats odd is that the same app on my phone and ipad runs faster on the phone.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
Apple sheeple...
Steve LOLs in his grave ::)

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2012, 04:02:09 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2012, 01:20:57 AM »
All I want one for is to stomp the hell out it for gratification.