Author Topic: The biggest scam in Bodybuilding - BIGGER than the supplement scam!!  (Read 24500 times)

bladerunner

• Getbig II
Re: The biggest scam in Bodybuilding - BIGGER than the supplement scam!!
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2012, 07:28:10 PM »
its therapy for me.

my hour of the day that is mine and mine alone. no bills, no gf drama, no bullshit. its peace and something i do for me. my selfish hour.

EXACTLY!!! :) :) well said

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »
pjim i think it's crazy u train only once a week

what are your stats and lifts if you dont mind

this would be the most amazing way to save time

I'm about 200-205 lbs at 5'11", natural (hence my preference for HIT style) pretty lean (abs etc).Lifts are done in pre-exhaust style unless I am doing a consolidated compound only routine so the numbers don't mean much. In all honesty I've always been strong as long as I can remember I was maxing out gym equipment within 3 months of training at the age of 16 when I was training 2 days a week due to school and other commitments, which I suppose looking back during my volume years, I was training a lot smarter than I had realized at the time. Anyway, my lifts are all about super slow negatives and static holds, that is the focus of the training, it's cliche but the weight really doesn't matter as long as I show improvement in one form or another i.e.reps, improvement in negative strength. An example of some numbers I am proud of? I've 3/4 deadlifted (done from the knee not the ground a la Dorian's advice) 485lbs/220kg x 15 reps with super slow negatives on each rep. Try it in super slow fashion with negatives lasting as long as you can with perfect form and your deadlift strength will skyrocket.

chess315

« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2012, 08:06:54 PM »
pjim i think it's crazy u train only once a week

what are your stats and lifts if you dont mind

this would be the most amazing way to save time
I gained most of my muscle on very low volume not the h.i.t type more like 5x5 or brief full body workouts.  2 -3 days a week I don't think it really matters much though. I do think that type of training is set up to gain strength so is great for the person trying to build initial strength/muscle. From newbie to 250 -275 bench press its my opinion full body workouts will get you there the fastest.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2012, 06:17:57 AM »

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2012, 07:24:12 AM »

They're missing the point. Mike made it purposely slower than he would normally advocate to stress the importance of control and to take all of the momentum out of it. As long as you're making a conscious effort to control the whole movement, you're training like he would have liked.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2012, 07:38:13 AM »
Training styles....  ::) ::) ::)

HIT is better than volume

Volume is better than HIT

FST-7

HST

FCK-0-FF 467

"Doggcrapp"

Oh boy. Just go to the gym and lift weights, you get muscle because you train hard and inject steroids, not because you train in a certain way.

A scam?  Yes.  A bigger scam?  No.

Most guys in a gym know about supplements; they are sold in or near most gyms.  By contrast, most guys in a gym have never heard of HIT, Volume, or other training styles and couldn’t care less about them.  If you take supplements (especially shakes) you are probably invested in them in so far as you like the taste.  Training styles  not so much.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2012, 08:04:20 AM »
and sev doesn't train his legs, and i don't train my calves... never have, never will

so i guess falcon was right, standing and walking around all day is all you really need for your legs and calves ;D
very wrong

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2012, 08:08:34 AM »
I gained most of my muscle on very low volume not the h.i.t type more like 5x5 or brief full body workouts.  2 -3 days a week I don't think it really matters much though. I do think that type of training is set up to gain strength so is great for the person trying to build initial strength/muscle. From newbie to 250 -275 bench press its my opinion full body workouts will get you there the fastest.
i do these full body 5x5 routines 3 times a week

and what sort of sucks is that my squats and deadlifts always go up and up (slowly but inevitably) but my bench maxes out at 130kg (286lbs) and doesnt seem to be going towards 150kg any day soon

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2012, 08:10:37 AM »

these guys are more clueless than me so much has been obvious to me

just some random bro scientists with negro genetic

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2012, 03:41:45 PM »

A scam?  Yes.  A bigger scam?  No.

Most guys in a gym know about supplements; they are sold in or near most gyms.  By contrast, most guys in a gym have never heard of HIT, Volume, or other training styles and couldn’t care less about them.  If you take supplements (especially shakes) you are probably invested in them in so far as you like the taste.  Training styles  not so much.

Hey Bay, do you think this thread would have made 7 pages if I didn't blow the whole thing a bit out of proportion??

Man, half of the kids on here are victim of the modern media, they don't care about htings like that, they just want the next big scandal and I treid to give them one.

;D ;D ;D