Author Topic: Full Prometheus Trailer  (Read 16667 times)

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
Re: Full Prometheus Trailer
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2012, 10:31:54 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=67431

Preview Of PROMETHEUS Deleted Scene: The Engineer Speaks!

For the theatrical cut David (Michael Fassbender) tries to communicate with The Engineer, and as we wait for a reply, the enormous human-like alien gently taps the android on the head. Okay, seems like it'll be a nice chat, and then he rips David's freaking head off in an abrupt and vicious manner. In that version the audience is left with more questions, not truly knowing if David's message was understood or not by the Engineer. But the version below solves that mystery as for the first time you will hear the Engineer speak. Speak I say!

what's so mysterious? david was really annoying.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2012, 08:30:13 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=67431

Preview Of PROMETHEUS Deleted Scene: The Engineer Speaks!

For the theatrical cut David (Michael Fassbender) tries to communicate with The Engineer, and as we wait for a reply, the enormous human-like alien gently taps the android on the head. Okay, seems like it'll be a nice chat, and then he rips David's freaking head off in an abrupt and vicious manner. In that version the audience is left with more questions, not truly knowing if David's message was understood or not by the Engineer. But the version below solves that mystery as for the first time you will hear the Engineer speak. Speak I say!

Nice find, thanks! I wonder if they'll have subtitles or we'll have to probe that linguist professor again.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2012, 11:50:28 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=67458

Second PROMETHEUS Deleted/ Extended Scene Features More From Peter Weyland

While these extended versions of the original scene don't actually shed any more light on exactly why The Engineer decided to wipe out Weyland and his crew, they are still interesting additions. Maybe he the big fella just thought Weyland's God complex needed to be taken down a peg or two..

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2012, 12:21:42 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=67474

More PROMETHEUS Deleted Scenes Featuring Charlize Theron & Idris Elba

The first of these scenes features Prometheus' lovable moronic duo, Fifield (Sean Harris) and Millburn (Rafe Spall). One a geologist afraid of fossils and the other, a biologist grossed out by what appears to be shed skin.
The second deleted scene is actually pretty interesting as Captain Janek (Idris Elba) drops by Meredith Vicker's (Charlize Theron) swanky digs with rum in hand, and a backstory that gives Janek's character some depth.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2012, 01:38:28 PM »
Skip to 5 minutes on the clip.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=67502

PROMETHEUS Extended Scene Between Shaw & The Engineer; Plus Full Weyland Scene

The first two scenes in the video below I posted yesterday so you can skip those. At about the five minute mark you can see the Weyland/Engineer encounter in full.

Lastly we have an extended cut of Shaw's confrontation with the Engineer. This takes place right after, in my opinion, the worst scene in the entire movie. What's that? Oh, when Janek rams the Engineer's ship and it comes hurtling back down to the surface. Now that isn't what makes it so bad. No, what makes it so bad is that Vickers (Charlize Theron) and Shaw (Noomi Rapace) see that the damaged spaceship is barreling down on them, yet they continue to run in a straight line. Say what? Yup, it's unbelievably stupid. Of course at the very last second Shaw luckily trips, falling to the ground, realizes how much of a moron she has been, and simply rolls to the side to avoid the oncoming debris. However, Vickers I guess is supposed to be having a blonde moment, and she just keep running straight until she becomes road kill.

Anyways, back to the extended scene below. In the theatrical cut Shaw races back to Vickers' module since she is running out of air. She gets there, sees the tentacle alien is still locked in the medical room, and then picks up an axe for protection. David soon alerts that the Engineer is headed her way, and a few seconds later it does. No build up. There isn't even much of a struggle as Shaw quickly opens the door to let her alien offspring out so it can kick the Engineer's ass.

The extended cut below is much better in my opinion as it actually creates tension and it kind of helps explain how Shaw is able to be so feisty after recently giving birth to an octopus. Check it out.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2012, 07:32:58 PM »
Skip to 5 minutes on the clip.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=67502

PROMETHEUS Extended Scene Between Shaw & The Engineer; Plus Full Weyland Scene

Clip was taken down fast, damn it.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2012, 12:45:40 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=68123

PROMETHEUS Deleted Scenes: Arrival Of The Engineers & Fifield Attacks

These are the last of the bunch when it comes to deleted scenes. Hit the jump to check out the original opening that featured more than one Engineer, and another scene with the mutated version of Fifield viciously attacking the Prometheus crew.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2012, 09:18:39 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=68276

PROMETHEUS Easter Egg Ties The Movie To BLADE RUNNER

Is Ridley Scott planning on a crossover between his other classic Sci-fi movie and the universe featured in Alien? It seems possible given the following Easter Egg from the U.K. steelbook release of Prometheus..
Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 10/6/2012

The following is a memo from Peter Weyland (Guy Pearce) in which he talks about his "mentor and long-departed competitor". No names are mentioned, but it's pretty obvious to any fan of Ridley Scott's Blade Runner that he talking about Eldon Tyrell, head of the Tyrell corporation, who were responsible for creating the Replicant's minds and memories..

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2012, 09:47:54 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=68454

Ridley Scott Explains Why There's No Extended Cut Of PROMETHEUS

That have been a blurry point since Scott announced extra scenes on the Blu-Ray and a possible longer cut. Charles De Lauzirika, who worked on the special features, now confirms via COLLIDER that Scott refused to do an Extend Cut, considering the theatrical version as his director's cut.

Additonaly, John Spaiths, the orignal writer of the script reveals how the medpod scene, David's behaviour, Shaw getting implanted, Holloway getting infected, and ending turned out.

Quotes from the interview:

I did have facehuggers in my original draft. David, as he began to get fascinated by the science of the Engineers, doesn’t deliberately contaminate Holloway with a drop of black liquid. Instead, Holloway hubristically removes his helmet in the chamber, is knocked unconscious, facehugged and wakes up not knowing what had been done to him, and stumbles back into the ship. In my draft, he returns to his cabin, is embraced by Shaw, who is delighted to see him having feared that he had died, and the two of them make love. And it’s while they’re making love that he bursts and dies. So that lovemaking sequence echoed my original lovemaking sequence where he explodes! It was messy.

Subsequently, David, fascinated by these creatures, begins delaying the mission and going off the reservation on his own, essentially because he thinks he really belongs with the Engineers. They’re smart enough and sophisticated enough, great enough, to be his peers. He’s harboring a deep-seated contempt for his human makers. So at one point Shaw goes to stop him and David ties her up and deliberately exposes her to a facehugger. He caresses an egg open and out comes a facehugger. David doesn’t smell like a person – his breath isn’t moist – so he can handle the thing like a kitten. It doesn’t want him; it’s not interested. But then he exposes it to her and it goes for her like a shot. He toys with her for a bit and then lets it take her. That, in my draft, was how Shaw was implanted with the parasite that she had to remove with the medpod sequence.

I left the two of them on the surface of that planetoid. It was plain that David and Shaw were going to have to work together and deal with one another if they were to survive. That one shot of the ship taking off in the finished film really focuses you on a particular outcome, whereas my ending was much more open as to what was going to happen next. But it was very much about this shattered android and this scarred woman being left with no-one but each other to carry on with.

Plus he talks about what his plans were for the trilogy, including grander Engineers! He says his trilogy:

would have involved the arrival of the Yutani Company and a couple of other major plays around the Engineers themselves: the revelation of an additional grand Engineer design, and the possibility of seeking an Engineer homeworld.

As for know, we don't know where Scott is heading for the sequel. However he stated he'd like to take Shaw and David to the Engineers' planet, which might be paradise, an extremly sinister and ominous paradise.

As for the Extended Cut, I guess it's a big relief for all the ones who bought the Blu-Ray while having all those scenes integrated in the movie would have been much more exciting.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2012, 11:59:35 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=68555

Ridley Scott Updates On PROMETHEUS and BLADE RUNNER Sequels

Prometheus was a box office hit this summer. Its global gross is $402 million, and with Blu-ray and DVD sale, it will make some more money. So, it's no secret that studio wants a sequel, which is now happening for sure. Talking to Metro, director Ridley Scott gave an update on what we will see in the next chapter:

"Prometheus evolved into a whole other universe. You’ve got a person [Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw] with a head in a bag [ Michael Fassbender’s David] that functions and has an IQ of 350. It can explain to her how to put the head back on the body and she’s gonna think about that long and hard because, once the head is back on his body, he’s dangerous. They’re going off to paradise but it could be the most savage, horrible place. Who are the Engineers?"

Scott also addressed his involvement with the upcoming Blade Runner sequel:

"It’s not a rumour – it’s happening. With Harrison Ford? I don’t know yet. Is he too old? Well, he was a Nexus-6 so we don’t know how long he can live [laughs]. And that’s all I’m going to say at this stage."

Interesting. Very interesting. I'm down for Prometheus sequel, as I really liked the first film. With Blade Runner, I'm definitely optimistic about the new film, as long as Scott is directing.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2012, 10:19:05 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=69972

Jon Spaihts' Original PROMETHEUS Screenplay (ALIEN: ENGINEERS) Now Available To Read Online

Prometheus definitely seems to be one of those films that people either love or hate, but even those who praise the (sort-of) Alien prequel - you can read my own 5* review by clicking HERE - can't deny that there were a few slightly frustrating plot holes. Many of these were answered by the deleted scenes contained within the DVD and Blu-ray releases, while the others will surely be answered in the highly anticipated sequel. However, if you're interested in finding out what might have been if Ridley Scott had decided to move ahead with Jon Spaihts' screenplay, then you will most definitely want to have a read of this! Oh, and for those of you who doubt its authenticity, Spaihts himself has verified its authenticity as you can see from the Tweet at the bottom of this article. Simply click on the image below to read Alien: Engineers.
http://www.prometheusforum.net/Alien-Engineers.pdf

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2012, 11:00:42 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Jolt17/news/?a=70213

Damon Lindelof's Early Version of the PROMETHEUS Script Surfaces Online

Ridley Scott's Prometheus was penned by two screenwriters, Jon Spaihts and Damon Lindelof. And while the former's version of the script, titled Alien: Engineers, has made its way online a few days ago (you can find it here), Steven Weintraub of Collider has recently published Damon Lindelof's Paradise script to the web, with the writer himself verifying the authenticity of the script via his Twitter account. Although it admittedly doesn't differ much from the final version of Lindelof's script that became Prometheus, it sure is still worth checking out. With a thanks to the Prometheus Movie Forum for the heads-up, click below to read the script for yourself...

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/uploads/PARADISEfinal.pdf

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 12:15:34 AM »