Author Topic: Walking Dead season finale...opinions?  (Read 40808 times)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Re: Walking Dead season finale...opinions?
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2012, 07:19:51 PM »
I think the more popular a show is, the more the writers think they can get away with obvious mistakes.  Battlestar Galactica was like that to the point where it almost became a jumbled mess with contradictions.

Agreed again!

BG was pretty awesome for most of it's run even with continuity and writing holes.

But yeah, you had to kinda ignore plenty of crap as the series was coming to an end.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 07:22:43 PM »
Daryl understands where Rick is coming from. Everyone else is a bunch of pussies except for Herschal and Andrea (who I still kind of hate). I thought Rick was going to be stone cold after killing those to clowns in the bar with nary a blink of an eye......instead he was a bigger bitch than before. I'm hoping he nuts up after his ultimatum speech at the camp at the end. Everyone wants to split up, some want to stay....bunch of idiots.

And Carl....oh Carl....it's time to die.

That kid is annoying as fuck...and like someone else said...what does he have an invisibility cloak? he pops up at the damnedest fucking times, and it's actually predictable and annoying at this point, and I hope he gets brutally killed.

Aside from minor nits to pick with continuity and "realism" (please..it's a zombie apocalypse) , the show is killer..best show in a while IMO

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2012, 07:26:57 PM »
My memory is not kicking in....when they were at the CDC....was it Rick or Lori that the guy who was left whispered something into their ear.

I was fucking thrilled when that one pansy old fart got his shit rocked by the zombie Carly fucked around with.  Just ONCE I want Rick to lay a smack down on that little bitch of a kid.

Couldn't agree more....Glenns girl has more balls than him.....

Heres another thing...what up with the helicopter????  Why not get a tank and run every zombie over??  Why not grab a BETTER FUCKING CAR than that red v-8 gas guzzler????

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2012, 07:51:57 PM »

Aside from minor nits to pick with continuity and "realism" (please..it's a zombie apocalypse) , the show is killer..best show in a while IMO

Agreed best show along with Spartacus on TV right now

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2012, 09:19:57 PM »
And I just don't like the name "Carl" it's annoying

PS..Kid has a face you just want to punch....am i right?  they could have picked a so much more likable kid, it has to be intentional that he's not some doe-eyed cute kid, with a great smile that everyone would love

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2012, 12:18:12 AM »
i can't stand that show but i watch it anyways just to laugh at the horrible dialogue and acting

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2012, 12:19:48 AM »

PS..Kid has a face you just want to punch....am i right?  they could have picked a so much more likable kid, it has to be intentional that he's not some doe-eyed cute kid, with a great smile that everyone would love

yes.

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »
it sucked... boring boring boring...

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2012, 03:22:12 AM »
The first season was a train wreak that felt liek brady bunch goes to hawaii with few zombies thrown in.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2012, 03:41:58 AM »
The first season was a train wreak that felt liek brady bunch goes to hawaii with few zombies thrown in.
your post is a freaking train wreck, that's for sure.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2012, 04:20:23 AM »

PS..Kid has a face you just want to punch....am i right?  they could have picked a so much more likable kid, it has to be intentional that he's not some doe-eyed cute kid, with a great smile that everyone would love
It always reminds me of this "Carl"
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Brutananadilewski

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2012, 07:56:34 AM »
One thing that still has me wondering....

Opening scene....first episode....Rick wandering around sheriffs outfit, shoots the kid.  Where does that fall in this whole timeline?

Not sure what you mean...That happened in the first (or one of the first) episode(s).  He had gotten out of the the hospital and the father and son helped him then he went on his way and came across that scene where the little girl zombie was walking around...she came toward him and he shot her.

and Carol that lady sure is loose with the lips now .. no wonder her dead husband used to slap her ass around, but is quick at running her mouth, if she was better at shutting up and looking after her daughter sofia would still be alive

They seem to be setting up some sexual tension between Carol and Daryl but Daryl is afraid to get close to anyone because he was affected by the death of Sophia.

The person that needs to die soon:  Carl

The person that needs to outlive everyone:  Daryl

R

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2012, 08:06:25 AM »
breaking bad > walking dead

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 08:06:48 AM »
Not sure what you mean...That happened in the first (or one of the first) episode(s).  He had gotten out of the the hospital and the father and son helped him then he went on his way and came across that scene where the little girl zombie was walking around...she came toward him and he shot her.

Actually, The scene with the girl happened.....then they did the thing like "six weeks earlier" type of thing where Rick got shot by the criminals.  They have never really placed where in the whole scheme of things that was.  Go back and watch the first episode..unless I am seriously missing something.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2012, 08:08:59 AM »
Actually, The scene with the girl happened.....then they did the thing like "six weeks earlier" type of thing where Rick got shot by the criminals.  They have never really placed where in the whole scheme of things that was.  Go back and watch the first episode..unless I am seriously missing something.

I think the shooting of the girl happened shortly after Rick left the guy's house that nursed him back to health shortly after he left the hospital.
R

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2012, 08:10:21 AM »
breaking bad > walking dead

By FAR. That's a given. The writing on Breaking Bad is STELLAR. The best writing today is in cable television and reg tv, not movies( separate issue, I realize WD is cable TV as well). Breaking Bad is top notch, all the way.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »
By FAR. That's a given. The writing on Breaking Bad is STELLAR. The best writing today is in cable television and reg tv, not movies( separate issue, I realize WD is cable TV as well). Breaking Bad is top notch, all the way.

I'll give that a shot...good writing trumps everything in my book, I could give a crap about explosions and shit...keep me interested

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2012, 08:28:30 AM »
I'll give that a shot...good writing trumps everything in my book, I could give a crap about explosions and shit...keep me interested

The first 3 seasons are on Netflix. I was compelled to watch season 1 through 3. The writing is that good.

It wasn't because I identified with the characters. It was the writing. The main character is, truth be told, an amoral sociopath.
However, good writers can create empathetic characters whom the audience can identify with and be mesmerized by, regardless of their flaws. I suspect "Dexter" has the same phenomenon, although I've never seen it.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2012, 09:09:34 AM »
Some of you guys have brought up some good points.  I'll throw in my opinion. 

First season was awesome.  It was nonstop on your feet action, suspense, etc.  That's why this show was going to be a blockbuster.  The ending of season one at the CDC was kick ass.  In fact the entire season in and around the city of Atlanta was a great idea and could have been played up a little more.  They should have spent more time developing the characters in a city than on a stupid farm.  BUt the farm could have been done up much better.  Way too much stupid drama in the second season.  The whole pregnancy thing with Lori and Rick.  Typical best friend antagonism and is it his baby or Rick's etc.  Come on that's been done a hundred times in these situations. 

The ending was a huge let down.  Other than the introduction of Michonne and the visual of the prison at the end there was nothing exciting leading into next season.  Very very mediocre.  The comic books are actually really good.  And if you follow the comic books and if season three is anything pertaining to them the prison is NOT where Randall's friends are.  In fact in the comic books there are only a handful of people, 4-5 guys staying there.  If season three does follow the books and we are stuck with everyone at the prison interacting with a handful of 4 guys or whatever it's going to be a very boring season 3.  In fact they'll probably spend half the season just getting to the prison. 

Like some of you have said the whole Michonne character is way too comic bookish and detracts from the realness and grittiness of the entire story.  In the commic book there is some black ex athlete that falls for her and they both end up becoming some sort of bad ass duo or whatever.  Typical.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »
The first 3 seasons are on Netflix. I was compelled to watch season 1 through 3. The writing is that good.

It wasn't because I identified with the characters. It was the writing. The main character is, truth be told, an amoral sociopath.
However, good writers can create empathetic characters whom the audience can identify with and be mesmerized by, regardless of their flaws. I suspect "Dexter" has the same phenomenon, although I've never seen it.

Oh please.  What garbage.  Breaking Bad is like everything else.  It's great the first couple of seasons.  That show has gone down hill and fast.  There are so many unbelievable and yeah right aspects to that show it's crazy.  Writing isn't any better than any other shows on cable t.v.  The Wire was probably the best cable series with each and every season different and better.  I never got tired of watching that show.  And Jessie couldn't be any more annoying of a character to watch.  With his whiney litte bitch voice. 

Breaking Bad got old real quick.  Same with Dexter.  Was good for a couple of seasons and then it just got so unbelievable.  

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2012, 09:16:57 AM »
Another great show that has kind of sputtered was Justified.  Season one and two were great.  This season is boring and I've barely been able to stomach watching it. 

Sons of Anarchy was another great show that has just become stupid, drawn out and silly.  Other than the Wire and Spartacus I can't think of any shows that really last well into their 3rd, 4th, 5th years.  But then some stupid ass show like Friends goes on for a decade.  Must be the intellect of the America public. 

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
Oh please.  What garbage.  Breaking Bad is like everything else.  It's great the first couple of seasons.  That show has gone down hill and fast.  There are so many unbelievable and yeah right aspects to that show it's crazy.  Writing isn't any better than any other shows on cable t.v.  The Wire was probably the best cable series with each and every season different and better.  I never got tired of watching that show.  And Jessie couldn't be any more annoying of a character to watch.  With his whiney litte bitch voice.  

Breaking Bad got old real quick.  Same with Dexter.  Was good for a couple of seasons and then it just got so unbelievable.  

I haven't seen beyond season 3 of BB and Dexter... I haven't seen at all.

Breaking Bad was something someone else recommended. It was something I didn't want to like...but did....and ended up voraciously watching all 3 seasons.

I haven't watched BB again since. In other words, I just watched each episode once. It did strike me afterwards that I have no desire to watch any episode a second time(unlike some movies I watch multiple times). This is perhaps due to the total unidentifyablity :P(real word?)/relatabilty of the characters(beyond the series context) or absence of any moral message I could relate to in the series. Nonetheless, I did take the time to watch the first 3 seasons once.

Bryan Cranston's acting does figure somewhere into the equation.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2012, 09:33:21 AM »

Sorry, fuck that, the last season of Breaking Bad was so fucking kick ass.  Watching the evolution and background of Fring and how it ended, holy shit.  That was awesome!  Good writing!!! You didn't question it, you wanted to know it.. It worked great!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2012, 09:48:15 AM »
That kid is annoying as fuck...and like someone else said...what does he have an invisibility cloak? he pops up at the damnedest fucking times,

http://getoutofherecarl.tumblr.com/
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2012, 09:50:48 AM »
Another great show that has kind of sputtered was Justified.  Season one and two were great.  This season is boring and I've barely been able to stomach watching it.  

Sons of Anarchy was another great show that has just become stupid, drawn out and silly.  

Disagree on Justified.  Season 2 was poor, with Raylan going from Jack Bauer level bad assery in Season One, to every single Bennett getting the upper hand on him.  This season has returned to the forumula - one on one confrontations with great dialogue.

As for Anarchy,  the writers should not have written such a tangled storyline if it wasn't going to end with Clay getting destroyed.
Y