Author Topic: Walking Dead season finale...opinions?  (Read 40809 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Walking Dead season finale...opinions?
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »
I think the more popular a show is, the more the writers think they can get away with obvious mistakes.  Battlestar Galactica was like that to the point where it almost became a jumbled mess with contradictions.

From what the writers/director have said, they want to keep it moving at a rapid pace. One of the reasons they fired the first director. He wanted to focus more on the characters and less zombie killing. Whereas the higher ups wanted to keep the audience guessing by killing off what looks like would be major characters and having more zombies...

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2012, 08:30:39 PM »
agreed, but id rather be inconvienced than have to constantly be looking over my shoulder for zombies

the problem with the tree house idea is that they would all keep standing around and eventually you have a whole horde of zombies by your tree house and you can't get down....unless you wanna go full on forest moon of endor tree village, but that doesn't seem practical.

honestly i liked it at first but the stupidity of the characters is getting fucking annoying, that little carl turd can't go a day without fucking some shit up, stealing daryl's gun and not even using it on the quicksand zombie wtf is wrong with that kid, and the mom is fucking annoying too "oh should i keep the baby or not" maybe you shouldn't have slept with shane you dumb skank. shane would have been a good character too if he didn't have attitude problems and have to be the alpha dog constantly, shoulda just left with andrea when they had the chance. but yeah the kid is fucking annoying i was hoping he would stay dead when he got shot but nope.

i hated that they spent like 4 epidoses twiddling their thumbs about what to do with that randall weasel, as far as i'm concerned they should have put him out of his misery right then and there when he broke his leg, looted his shit and left. dale was alright until the end when they started bitching about human rights and shit, and "voting" on whether or not to execute him, dale's whole spiel about societal standards and whatnot, seems like his priorities are out of whack.

let's see what else.....that glenn kid is annoying, total pussy, can barely kill a zombie and he's causing problems with hershel's daughter, i know there isn't much pussy to go around but come on, the bitch is INSANE.

another thing that bothers me, they said everyone's infected because it's an airborne disease, so i'd imagine a single bite or scratch from a zombie wouldn't be a big deal as long as you don't die from it..

also they didn't bother fortifying anything, wtf at least like someone else mentioned run a tripwire or rope, tie it to a bell or something. jesus christ bear grylls set up a tripwire in one episode within like 5 minutes.

also their weapons are kind of garbage, just once i'd like to see a zombie show where people know what they're doing and are at least pseudo-prepared and not clueless unprepared dunces, jesus an SKS costs like $300 bucks and has all you need, steel buttplate for hitting shit, long-ass flip up bayonet, cleaning kit installed in the buttplate, doesn't need mags or anything. survivalists are almost "mainstream" nowadays would make sense if at least one or two people were prepared for such an occassion. one last thing i don't buy that the military got wiped out so quickly, i mean the US military, come on. and they left so many supplies in the city there was a fucking TANK and a bunch of dead soldiers with rifles and ammo and mre's and everything. and the entire freeway with all those cars and they picked like the worst ones, just basically spent a lot of time on bullshit manufactured drama and they always get caught with their pants down by the zombies, you'd think they'd learn.

hopefully the next season of falling skies will be good

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »
the problem with the tree house idea is that they would all keep standing around and eventually you have a whole horde of zombies by your tree house and you can't get down....unless you wanna go full on forest moon of endor tree village, but that doesn't seem practical.

honestly i liked it at first but the stupidity of the characters is getting fucking annoying, that little carl turd can't go a day without fucking some shit up, stealing daryl's gun and not even using it on the quicksand zombie wtf is wrong with that kid, and the mom is fucking annoying too "oh should i keep the baby or not" maybe you shouldn't have slept with shane you dumb skank. shane would have been a good character too if he didn't have attitude problems and have to be the alpha dog constantly, shoulda just left with andrea when they had the chance. but yeah the kid is fucking annoying i was hoping he would stay dead when he got shot but nope.

i hated that they spent like 4 epidoses twiddling their thumbs about what to do with that randall weasel, as far as i'm concerned they should have put him out of his misery right then and there when he broke his leg, looted his shit and left. dale was alright until the end when they started bitching about human rights and shit, and "voting" on whether or not to execute him, dale's whole spiel about societal standards and whatnot, seems like his priorities are out of whack.

let's see what else.....that glenn kid is annoying, total pussy, can barely kill a zombie and he's causing problems with hershel's daughter, i know there isn't much pussy to go around but come on, the bitch is INSANE.

another thing that bothers me, they said everyone's infected because it's an airborne disease, so i'd imagine a single bite or scratch from a zombie wouldn't be a big deal as long as you don't die from it..

also they didn't bother fortifying anything, wtf at least like someone else mentioned run a tripwire or rope, tie it to a bell or something. jesus christ bear grylls set up a tripwire in one episode within like 5 minutes.

also their weapons are kind of garbage, just once i'd like to see a zombie show where people know what they're doing and are at least pseudo-prepared and not clueless unprepared dunces, jesus an SKS costs like $300 bucks and has all you need, steel buttplate for hitting shit, long-ass flip up bayonet, cleaning kit installed in the buttplate, doesn't need mags or anything. survivalists are almost "mainstream" nowadays would make sense if at least one or two people were prepared for such an occassion. one last thing i don't buy that the military got wiped out so quickly, i mean the US military, come on. and they left so many supplies in the city there was a fucking TANK and a bunch of dead soldiers with rifles and ammo and mre's and everything. and the entire freeway with all those cars and they picked like the worst ones, just basically spent a lot of time on bullshit manufactured drama and they always get caught with their pants down by the zombies, you'd think they'd learn.

hopefully the next season of falling skies will be good

Tree Fort with a zip line. Build like 4 of them a few hundred yards away from each other. Have a dump truck like vehicle with plow on the front and when zombies start hanging around one area, you zip line out of there to the dump truck and run over the standing zombies.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2012, 06:59:48 AM »

I wondered about that too.....from wikia.com:

The zombies, are the classic slow walking Romero style zombies, which originated in Night of the Living Dead. Following classic Romero-rules, everyone who dies, for any reason, will re-animate as a zombie except if the brain is damaged/destroyed. Even someone killed by a gunshot wound with no zombies involved at all will re-animate as a zombie. Zombie bites are not how the "infection" is spread. Instead, zombie bites and saliva cause infections that are 100% fatal. Characters have speculated, but cannot confirm, that whatever causes zombies to re-animate is some sort of virus that everyone in the world is technically already infected with but is only triggered by death. It is known, however, that upon death, it can take anytime between three minutes and eight hours for the corpse to reanimate.[1]

Zombies out-number humans around 5,000 to 1
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2012, 07:10:26 PM »
Tree Fort with a zip line. Build like 4 of them a few hundred yards away from each other. Have a dump truck like vehicle with plow on the front and when zombies start hanging around one area, you zip line out of there to the dump truck and run over the standing zombies.
thats sort of what I was thinking, make multiple exits and have contingency plans for what to do.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2012, 11:59:49 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=63723

First Trailer For Season Three Of THE WALKING DEAD Released

Hit the jump to check out the first trailer for the highly anticipated third season of AMC's The Walking Dead. At over four minutes long, it features plenty of incredible footage (including our first real look at The Governor and Michonne in action). "Fight The Dead, Fear The Living"

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2012, 12:01:08 AM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/07/13/the-walking-dead-gets-a-return-date/

AMC announced on Friday that the series “The Walking Dead” has a date with viewers.

The program is slated to return for season three on Sunday, Oct. 14 at 9 p.m. with a 16-episode run that will be split into two parts. The second eight episodes will begin on February 2013.

In addition, the October premiere will be followed by the second season of the after-show “Talking Dead” at 11 p.m. along with the unscripted series “Comic Book Men.”

Of course, when we last left the survivors, Hershel’s farm was overrun by zombies. Season three looks to feature the crew calling a prison their new home and the introduction of The Governor, who will be played by David Morrissey.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2012, 07:24:58 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=63723

First Trailer For Season Three Of THE WALKING DEAD Released

Hit the jump to check out the first trailer for the highly anticipated third season of AMC's The Walking Dead. At over four minutes long, it features plenty of incredible footage (including our first real look at The Governor and Michonne in action). "Fight The Dead, Fear The Living"

Thanks Gregz!

I see Carl is still alive ::)

The program is slated to return for season three on Sunday, Oct. 14 at 9 p.m. with a 16-episode run that will be split into two parts. The second eight episodes will begin on February 2013.

>:(
R

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2012, 11:50:25 PM »
thats sort of what I was thinking, make multiple exits and have contingency plans for what to do.

exactly. I'd have my main sleeping area 75feet in the air. From that one tree, I'd have 10 different zip lines coming in and out. The Zombie's would never know where you are. hell, it would actually be fun screwing with them.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »
David Morrisey was the worst possible pick for the governor.  I think this season is going to blow..  Mark my words.  Just more of the same stupid shit.  Hershel is still alive as well?  LOL.......

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2012, 02:17:31 PM »
I watched Boondock Saints this weekend.  Didn't know Darryl was in it.

Hershel Carl is still alive as well?  LOL.......  >:(
R

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=65269

THE WALKING DEAD Season 3 Zombie Studio Tour

SFX master Greg Nicotero takes us inside the season 3 Walking Dead zombie studio where he works his "dark magic" to ensure that the show continues its dominance of television airwaves.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2012, 08:03:31 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=65494

THE WALKING DEAD Season 3 Programming Schedule

Season 3 of The Walking Dead kicks off October 14th a scant 9 weeks from today! Writer and Producer Robert Kirkman reveals that Season 3 filming is currently at the halfway point.

Season 1 consisted of a brisk 6 episodes with a peak of 6 million viewers. Season 2 doubled that episode count, with 13 episodes but also included a 3-month hiatus between November and February before culminating in a tantalizing season finale which drew 9 million viewers. Season 3 ups the episode order again with 16 episodes which kick off on October 14. Egads! That's a mere 9 weeks from now. However, we now have confirmation from Robert Kirkman that Season 3 will indeed have another midseason finale. MTV Splashpage states that 8 episodes will air this fall, while the remaining 8 episodes will air sometime in 2013. That's fairly consistent with the programming schedule for Season 2. What do you guys think, excited about more Walking Dead on the horizon? Also, keep your eyes peeled to CBM, new webisodes were confirmed for Season 3 and I expect those to drop fairly soon.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=65431

During the Season 2 trailer, we saw several shots that were never shown, such as Shane running with a bag of guns. Ever wonder what happened to the Vatos nursing home? Well, this clip from The Walking Dead Blu-Ray set has the answer.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2012, 12:34:51 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=65529

In the season two finale of The Walking Dead, Rick Grimes and the rest of the survivors were forced to flee Hershel's farm, and the following featurette offers up a behind-the-scenes look at the action-packed and fiery finale!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=65431

During the Season 2 trailer, we saw several shots that were never shown, such as Shane running with a bag of guns. Ever wonder what happened to the Vatos nursing home? Well, this clip from The Walking Dead Blu-Ray set has the answer.
cool cant wait for the new season to start

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2012, 11:55:50 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=66038

THE WALKING DEAD: Andrew Lincoln Can't Wait To "Kick The Governor's Arse"

Jokingly mocking 'The Governor' and Woodbury, British actor Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) shares his thoughts on the introduction of the well-known comic book villain in The Walking Dead and expresses his excitement about taking him on in the hit AMC series.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2012, 05:59:34 PM »
you ever play the video game gregzs?

its not bad Im waiting for the 3 edition to come out right now.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2012, 08:33:50 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=66254

THE WALKING DEAD: Danai Gurira On Michonne & Her "Pets"

In this brief video interview from Entertainment Weekly, actress Danai Gurira gives her thoughts on playing Michonne in season 3 of The Walking Dead, and the reasons she leads two arm-less, jaw-less Walkers around with her at all times..

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2012, 04:21:37 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDon/news/?a=66377

THE WALKING DEAD Viral Campaign

A new Presidential Viral Campaign from The Walking Dead taking a humorus shot at The Dish Network for dropping AMC.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »
I am so hanging out for season 3 of walking dead to start here.  I am basically counting the days!  LOVE this show!!!!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2012, 08:04:43 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=66453

Another Series Regular To Be Killed Off In Season Three Of THE WALKING DEAD

According to the ever reliable Michael Ausiello over at TV Line, a series regular will be killed off in season three of The Walking Dead. "I can confirm that a series regular will become zombie kibble during Season 3," he told one reader in his regular "Ask Ausiello" column, although the writer remained tight-lipped over when exactly we should expect to see that happen. "Whether that death takes place in the first half or second half I can’t say." This shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to fans of either the AMC series or the Robert Kirkman penned comic book, although it is a little surprising that yet another main cast member will be leaving the show, especially after the last few episodes of season two thinned down the group quite drastically.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2012, 08:30:22 PM »
T Dawg is gonna die...

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2012, 10:02:49 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=67018

THE WALKING DEAD: Behind-The-Scenes Tour Of The Prison Set

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2012, 10:02:54 PM »